Hulk returns to the MCU!

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After the big letdown the end of Phase 3 was in regards of the jade giant, and with Universal holding the rights to stand-alone Hulk movies, Hulk's future in the MCU seemed uncertain.

Now, finally, things are going to change.

Marvel got Hulk's rights back from Universal.

Will we finally get the Hulk we deserve?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 takenstew22  Moderator

I hope.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think marvel wasted hulks potential.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new Hulk may indeed be better than all the others combined, especially if they had Taika Waititi directing it.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait, is this confirmed or is it still just a rumor?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Yeah, has it even confirmed?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@jashro44 said:

I think marvel wasted hulks potential.

I agree, but they're sort of up against the wall here - I know they have plans and a lot of projects but their main draw (RDJ, ScarJo, and Evans) is gone. There aren't many OG avengers left, so if they actually get the rights back it'd be in their best interest to make a movie out of it. Plus, with Namor and SS available, we can actually have a defenders team.

What they'll make of Hulk is a completely different story though...

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@buckwheat: Did they buy the rights back or what happened?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, seems too late, at least for me. Who knows tho, if they came up with something really cool I’d be down for a new solo

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they buy the rights back or what happened?

Well I read this morning that it was a confirmed fact, but now I can't find that news report anywhere.

MCU Cosmic does inform that they have heard from someone very reliable that Marvel has gained full control of Hulk.

You can read the original newscast HERE

Many other reviews are talking about it, taking the information as true.

Loading Video...

When I created this thread was under the impression it was officialy confirmed. But as of now, it seems we still need to read further into it.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cocacolaman  Moderator

Idk anymore. They can’t just turn him back to savage in one movie, as much as I wish so. Maybe a movie of his time in between IW and EG, his time on Sakaar, from 2008 to 2012, etc.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy

A Hulk vs Thor movie where Hulk smashes Asgard.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: "I think marvel wasted hulks potential."

I think so too. But, don't you think they could fix it pretty easily?

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t know how they can make a film after what they did to him🤷🏾‍♂️

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Buckwheat

@cocacolaman

@jaylinfreeman said:

Don’t know how they can make a film after what they did to him🤷🏾‍♂️

I would start the film right after Endgame, with Smart Hulk heaving retired to an isolated house in the mountains, his mood becoming grimmer and grimmer as time passes. Is it as if the duality of his two personas, joined in one, is not working as well as it seemed. He has dreadful dreams where goes insane and destroys everything, murdering everyone he cares for..

At the same time a powerful villain reaches Earth. I’m talking powerful as shit. There are many options but let’s say Magus, that has glitched back from a dystopic future, as consequence of the use of the Eye of Agamoto (remember in Dr. Strange’s film, they stated that using it could have terrible consequences in our reality? well, there you have it)

Magus is in a crusade to conquer the galaxy, with his Black Knigts protecting his Church and his Grand Inquisitors hunting down and terminating anyone who opposes… I’m talking of galaxy level threat.

Obviously super-people stand up to him. This would be something similar to Civil War, in which it’s a solo Hulk movie, but with loads of other heroes.

Hulk been crippled would not go to the fight, and something terrible would happen. I mean Magus’ power level would be off the charts. Like nothing we’ve seen so far in the MCU. I would straight off have him kill someone big, like maybe Captain Marvel. She would hit Magus with everything she has and he would just tank it like nothing, ant then he would just literally crush her with one massive punch.

Ok, so I’m not going to write down the whole script, but long story short, someone like perhaps Dr. Strange would believe Hulk to be the only hero capable of facing Magus, so he would make them face off, and in the showdown, when Hulk is at the doors of death, after a massive beating, something would click inside him and he would transform into a savage WBH. It turns out that while in Smart Hulk form, he was unable to express his anger, so it kept building up and building up inside to unmeasurable levels. That plus Magus' brutal beatdown pushed the Hulk where he had never gone before.

And I would definitely make it so after smashing Magus and his entire army, Hulk would nearly destroy Earth. I'm talking sink the west coast with his steps. In the climax of the battle against Magus he would probably destroy the Mind Stone that Magus had, and Black Widow —along Gamora and maybe someone else— would come back to life.

In the end Hulk would see Natasha and would slowly revert back to Bruce Banner form. Either that or have Banner and Hulk divide in two persons, and leave it for the sequel.

And this is off the top of my head. I could think many other ways to bring Savage Hulk back, and Marvel writers can do it better, I’m sure, if they want to.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Just make it like the Mindless Hulk storyline where Prof. Hulk loses control of the beast and Banner kills himself inside making the Hulk a mindless monster, and then Strange sends him to the crossroads.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with Hulk is that despite his very deep and detailed past storylines about his internal conflicts, people show up to see Hulk pound on people.

Also most of his villains are not that interesting.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The multi verse is being introduced so maybe hulk vs Thor or wolverine.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They owe the fans big time after what they did. Whether they deliver is another matter.

Maybe they should start by giving the reigns to some writers and directors who actually know what they are doing, who know the character and how powerful he is, because the current lot totally screwed it up *+"$%%7#~@

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:*+"$%%7#~@

That's it. Flagged for foul language.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, they managed to butcher his character more and more in every single film he was in. Think about it, from:

• Avengers (pretty cool),
  • AoU (forced romance with Black Widow)
  • Ragnarok (became a clown out of nowhere)
  • IW (too afraid to come out after Thanos made him his bitch)
  • Endgame (I don't think I need to explain this one)

Everytime I was convinced that his character couldn't get any worse, MCU continued to surprise me. I'm simply not convinced they're going to do better this time, especially that Mark is old now.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: You are right about Hulk's dowonfall. But listen me out; I always figured that since they didn't have the rights to the character, the wanted to make sure Universal would not make a solo movie, so, eventually been able to get full control of Hulk.

If they made Hulk too good and Universal made a film that made a ton of money, Disney would loose him deffenetly.

So I thought that the downfal was made in purpose, just so Hulk didn't become so succesful.

I have a small hope that this will change now.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna see a savage hulk who is far more powerful and ruthless and I want a rated r hulk film

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best the mcu can do with hulk is turn him into the mastero and make him the next big villain other then that there’s not much else

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original idea was good. I love how dark Banner is and how afraid everyone is of Hulk.

Loading Video...

Both Banner and Hulk became a joke. But it was not like that originally.