Huffington Post Article calling for the presidents death real?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman

Honest question. Is this shit for real? The supposed article was taken down but not before someone archived it

https://archive.is/5VvI5

Here is the first statement from the article. The rest in in the link.

Impeachment Is No Longer Enough; Donald Trump Must Face Justice

Impeachment and removal from office are only the first steps; for America to be redeemed, Donald Trump must be prosecuted for treason and — if convicted in a court of law — executed.

Mods I didn't put this in the Trump thread because it's about the Huffingston Post, politically motivated media and the state of discord between sides in the Country.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mimisalome

@dernman:

Im not an IT/internet expert so can't comment anything on its authenticity.

Though i will not be surprised if that turned out to be true considering how some vocal leftists and liberals (and the significant lack of condemnation from their supporters) had already depicted a way more graphic portrayal of Trumps executions.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: You'd think so soon after the shooting of a politician they would be smarter than this.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@mimisalome: You'd think so soon after the shooting of a politician they would be smarter than this.

Or bolder after they saw example.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

I'm not sure if this is actually real because it's too absurd and ideologically insane even for progressive mouthpieces like Huff Po. But if it is real, then Huff Po should be ashamed for just publishing such toxic insanity.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: From my understanding it's from their live contributors program and has no editorial. I can't be sure though as my experience with Huffington post is limited.

I believe they've had issues with it in the past.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: So anyone can publish whatever shit they believe in and want to force onto readers? What a rubbish system.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't put it past them.

Huffpo is sensationalist, clickbait, liberal garbage.

@lvenger said:

@dernman: So anyone can publish whatever shit they believe in and want to force onto readers?

Uh...were you just born yesterday?? ;)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I'm aware of the cancerous nonsense Huff Po spouts in their horrible excuse for journalism but this is too far even by their standards.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@lvenger said:

@dernman: So anyone can publish whatever shit they believe in and want to force onto readers? What a rubbish system.

I'm doing some looking into it to see how you can be a contributor. From doing a quick search it''s not just anyone. As of 2017 you have to submit some blogs of your work and if they like what they see they let you into the program after being on a waiting list. Pre 2017 you could just email the editor in chief who use to work there.

So it seems while there is no editorial they know who and what they're letting in. Again take what I say with a grain because I just started looking into this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Fair enough, I guess more information is needed before we jump to any conclusions.

LannibleHecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the **** I live for... Ummmmm tasty!

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here seemed to care much when Ted Nugent threatened to kill Obama. Or the other dozens of public death threats against the president back then.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman

@cyborgzod said:

No one here seemed to care much when Ted Nugent threatened to kill Obama. Or the other dozens of public death threats against the president back then.

Actually they did care at the time.You have to have had you're head stuck in the sand not to notice it.

As of now It's been awhile you can't expect it to still be up on the front. Also it's about the source. A news agency. Which this thread is about not Trump.

Also really that is your argument? It's fine because it happened to someone else or you supposedly didn't talk about that (people did) so you can't talk about this.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just more left-wing "tolerance", I see.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spambot

I actually felt like Huff Post was a decent independent news source back in the day but then it got bought out and Arianna Huffington left and now its just plain garbage imo. Just sensationalist left wing click bait.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good grief.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The punishment for treason is death. So we'll see.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh jeez.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Dude, the President gets death threats every day. They had a Secret Service agent during the election and stated GW Bush had more death threats than Obama. He said the Secret Service had to question environmentalist the most during GWs term. Nugent was questioned by the Secret Service. They questioned Madonna for saying she wish the WH would burn. They questioned Kathy Griffin. The President is always threatened but never by the media so why are you trying to say people didnt care when Obama was President, cuz they did. Every President is threatened - that is a fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read it and I read his response piece in defense of it too. He makes it a point in his rebuttal to say it's an opinion piece and therefore, he should be free to express it, and I agree with him with the freedom of expression bit. His argument was that he was simply pointing out the laws of the United States, and how Trump and his cohorts should be found guilty for treason. His interpretation of those laws, of course. Okay. Fair enough. That's what courts are for, to argue with those interpretations in the hope juries and judges agree. After reading the article and his rebuttal a few times, I'm more of the mind that this writer is simply an asshole; particularly since he supports the death penalty to push his political agenda, not for what it's supposed to be a deterrent for. He doesn't like Trump, so hey, let's figure out a way to kill him legitimately. It wasn't the supposed treason that had this guy calling to arms, nope, it's because he sees Trump as the next Hitler.

Yeah, so like I said, he's an asshole to the nth degree. And Huffington Post should get a better grip on who it provides a platform for. And people should continue to point out hypocrisy on every side of every issue. Great stuff.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is Huffington Post, after all.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,....crickets?

No confirmation that it was real. No proof that it is a hoax?

I will have to guess the latter. As many eye-rolls as that site has caused me to perform over the years, I have never seen an article calling for the death of anybody. The obnoxious folks on my half of the political spectrum, especially the media ones, prefer righteous indignation over death threats, so I have to assume a hoax.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dernman

@hatutzeraze said:

So,....crickets?

No confirmation that it was real. No proof that it is a hoax?

I will have to guess the latter. As many eye-rolls as that site has caused me to perform over the years, I have never seen an article calling for the death of anybody. The obnoxious folks on my half of the political spectrum, especially the media ones, prefer righteous indignation over death threats, so I have to assume a hoax.

I didn't get to see it myself but if you read Ms. Lola's post she says that the writer made a response piece defending it which would make it true.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Huffpo isn't someone with one opinion.

It's a group of people with different opinions.

And I pretty positive that last one is fake.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Devilmenworks

@cattlebattle said:

I wouldn't put it past them.

Huffpo is sensationalist, clickbait, liberal garbage.

@lvenger said:

@dernman: So anyone can publish whatever shit they believe in and want to force onto readers?

Uh...were you just born yesterday?? ;)

Cattlebattle, couldn't agree more about the Huffington post. I use to enjoy it but the last few years it has become progressively more liberal, very biased, sensational and just plain garbage. I pretty much lost respect for them as a news organization once I came across this article last year (if you are easily offended please don't view the spoiler)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/this-is-the-most-nsfw-coloring-book-weve-ever-seen-and-its-brilliant_us_5697df5fe4b0b4eb759d876f

A gay explicit coloring book published by what is supposed to be a reputable news source.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Fox briefly covered this a couple of days or so ago, so take that for what you will.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hatutzeraze
@sovereign91001 said:

@dernman: Fox briefly covered this a couple of days or so ago, so take that for what you will.

Well that doesn't really mean anything to me. It could mean it is true, but plenty of show on Fox are eager to cover things that are not true.

So, I checked Ms Lola's post at the top as recommended, which might or might not have been right, all depending on the original source.

So, I just did what I should have done from the beginning - after getting the contributor's name from Ms. Lola's link, I just googled "Jason Fuller Huffington Post". It looks like the only places really reporting this are right wing media, and while it is easy to dismiss the nonsense of known idiots like those at InfoWars, The Daily Caller and the Washington TImes also reported this. I am now convinced this is real.

The Washington Times link had the text of Fuller's reaction.

“What appears to have garnered the most vitriol was my opinion that President Trump and his co-conspirators within the government should be executed for treason if found guilty in a court of law,” he said. “In other words: I want President Trump to be fully investigated, face the charges of treason, and then executed under the law should a guilty verdict be attained. […] I 100 percent stand behind every word that I wrote and make no attempts to apologize or to appease the Trump supporters who are unable to comprehend those words.”

I bolded the parts that seemed to be important for cooling temperatures a bit. I find this to be less inflammatory than some kind of out-and-out call for Trump's execution. It sounds as if it is more a call for a public trial for treason, with the expectation that the consequences be as dire for President Trump as they would be for anyone else facing this kind of charge.

That said, I'm glad the Huffington Post quickly pulled this article. It is in bad taste. While I personally think Trump should be held accountable for a LOT of things, and I don't think it crazy to assume some of those might involve criminal indictment, I'm reluctant to assume any of this is outright treasonous. While I'm pretty comfortable calling him neglectful, incompetent, and corrupt, I think those qualities are still shy of actual treason. I recognize investigations continue and I expect we will be learning about plenty of shady dealings from him and his campaign, I don't necessarily assume or expect any of them will rise to the level of treason. We'll see.

If I am uncomfortable with an assumption of treason, you can bet I am uncomfortable with discussion of the most extreme consequences of a prosecution of treason, and I would have felt that way even before James Hodgkinson. It is certainly worse after Hodgkinson. As cheesy as Huffington Post can get, as stupid as it was to put up the article in the first place, I am grateful and impressed they had the sense to pull it down.

I continue to appreciate media holding Trump's feet to the fire over the very real things that have happened and continue to happen that are miles away from normal for any presidency. My appreciation, though, withers when commentators game out assumptions that end in the public execution of a man who was very recently elected to be the President. His supporters already don't trust the media in arenas in which they should. This kind of nonsense just makes a pretty bad problem worse.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ArranVidReturns

Donald Trump sucks

ObsidianPillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huff huff huffington compost, most news media today sucks either too far left or too far right