• 52 results
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mr. Smiths

If it can thend how? Bay pretty much fucked up what could of been a great sci-fi movie franchise. Steven Spielberg and JJ Abrams should of done TF not Bay.
Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not base the movies around a former disney star's character, not cast every flavor of the week, cut the corny one-liners and get rid of the racist stereotypes of the second film.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LT1085

By getting rid of micheal baysplosion 

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Yeah this franchise has no chance.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hellos
@ViciousCesar! said:
"not base the movies around a former disney star's character, not cast every flavor of the week, cut the corny one-liners and get rid of the racist stereotypes of the second film. "

There was no racism in TF2. 
Simply Robots deciding how they want to act, learning everything they know about human culture through the internet. I don't look at every little caucasian child with shorts down to his ankles and think hes a racist. So lets stop that nonsense here.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos said:
" @ViciousCesar! said:
"not base the movies around a former disney star's character, not cast every flavor of the week, cut the corny one-liners and get rid of the racist stereotypes of the second film. "
There was no racism in TF2. Simply Robots deciding how they want to act, learning everything they know about human culture through the internet. I don't look at every little caucasian child with shorts down to his ankles and think hes a racist. So lets stop that nonsense here. "
Ya, except that the robots aren't real and someone is responsible for them looking and speaking that way. Your logic just went out the window.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

Well no more Megan Fox is certainly a start.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

Goodbye, Michael Bay. Get some semi-competent writers. Keep Shia.

Done.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085 said:

"Ya, except that the robots aren't real and someone is responsible for them looking and speaking that way. Your logic just went out the window. "

I repeat, there wasn't any kind of racism in the film. That is utter nonsense. 
If someone was honestly offended by what a fictional robot chose how to speak and act / appear. Well then they are a moron. 

Not every transformer that learned how to act from the internet is going to walk out acting like Optimus Prime.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MrDirector786

I thought the second movie was good... except for the annoying gangsta Autobots, the abundant adult humor, and Shia going to Robot Heaven. But those two won't be in the third movie and Megan Fox won't be in it, and Shockwave will be the main villain. If they can keep it close to the G1 series story like ROTF did, I think it can be good.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Matezoide2

take out Megan,take out Bay,Shia can stay and stop focusing to much on the humans

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos said:
" @LT1085 said:
"Ya, except that the robots aren't real and someone is responsible for them looking and speaking that way. Your logic just went out the window. "
I repeat, there wasn't any kind of racism in the film. That is utter nonsense. If someone was honestly offended by what a fictional robot chose how to speak and act / appear. Well then they are a moron. "  
REALLY.   You are quite ignorant in your logic.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hellos

@LT1085 said:
" @Hellos said:
" @LT1085 said:
I repeat, there wasn't any kind of racism in the film. That is utter nonsense. If someone was honestly offended by what a fictional robot chose how to speak and act / appear. Well then they are a moron. "  
REALLY.   You are quite ignorant in your logic.

Nope I'm not and I certainly don't see what that random cartoon has anything to do with it.
If your expecting robots that are basing the way they talk and interact with humans with the internet as their soul source of information, then your bound to have some diversity like those twins.

But hey if you want to jump down the racism train and say the writers intentionally wanted to insult any race, then go for it. I really have no interest in going back and forth between you. 
Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Fire-brand
@MrDirector786 said:

" I thought the second movie was good... except for the annoying gangsta Autobots, the abundant adult humor, and Shia going to Robot Heaven. But those two won't be in the third movie and Megan Fox won't be in it, and Shockwave will be the main villain. If they can keep it close to the G1 series story like ROTF did, I think it can be good. "

hey, from what i saw roboheaven seems like a nice place. i wouldn't mind being there for a while
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Smiths
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Well no more Megan Fox is certainly a start. "

She was replaced by a no talented model.
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos: yeah giving the two robots names like 'skid' and 'mudflap', stereotypical black inner-city dialogue, buck teeth, big ears and the inability to read isn't racist at all.  

Ignorance is bliss
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hellos
@ViciousCesar! said:

" @Hellos: yeah giving the two robots names like 'skid' and 'mudflap', stereotypical black inner-city dialogue, buck teeth, big ears and the inability to read isn't racist at all.  

Ignorance is bliss
"

Nope I wouldn't call anything ignorance.  
I just saw them for what they were and clearly the people behind their creation intended them to be. Robots who based everything they new about humanity, how talk, walk and act, through the internet, all rolled up into comic relief. 

I'm certainly not the only person that shares that opinion. People talk in jive still?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos said:

" @ViciousCesar! said:

" @Hellos: yeah giving the two robots names like 'skid' and 'mudflap', stereotypical black inner-city dialogue, buck teeth, big ears and the inability to read isn't racist at all.  

Ignorance is bliss
"

Nope I wouldn't call anything ignorance.  I just saw them for what they were and clearly the people behind their creation intended them to be. Robots who based everything they new about humanity, how talk, walk and act, through the internet, all rolled up into comic relief.  I'm certainly not the only person that shares that opinion. People talk in jive still? "
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085: 

I'm clearly seeing a difference of opinion.  
Like I said your all welcomed to jump on the racism train. It's very clear that I am not the sole person that shares my opinion on the matter however. 
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos: Prove it.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By danhimself

Yeah I agree with Hellos and I didn't see anything racist about the twins

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085:
Prove what?  
People actually sharing my opinion?
Google transformers 2 racism or something along those lines. There are plenty of opinions out there to read or watch.  
On this site however, that would be more tricky. I remember posting something similair to what I just said earlier months ago and have quite a few people agree. 
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LT1085
@danhimself:  What is your ethnic background?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085 said:
" @danhimself:  What is your ethnic background? "

That could matter less. 
I could link you a video of someone saying it's racist and another saying it's not. What particular race do you want to see agreeing or disagreeing that the film is racist?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos:  So you started a thread that already existed...that YOU created? Also, it is much easier to assume you are just arrogantly ignorant than to do your work for you and scour the web in search of other people that deny racism (unless the klan has a forum...)
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos:  Well if he is white that might make a difference...or asian for that matter.
deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hellos said:
" @ViciousCesar! said:

Ignorance is bliss
"

Nope I wouldn't call anything ignorance.  I just saw them for what they were and clearly the people behind their creation intended them to be. Robots who based everything they new about humanity, how talk, walk and act, through the internet, all rolled up into comic relief.  I'm certainly not the only person that shares that opinion. People talk in jive still? "
so, these magical robots obviously wrote their own roles for this movie and nobody is responsible for grouping all these stereotypes together. right? 

'comic relief'? glad that you find racial stereotyping funny. 

i didn't call 'anything' ignorant. I called you IGNORANT. 
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Lol at the comments.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085 said:
"@Hellos:  So you started a thread that already existed...that YOU created? Also, it is much easier to assume you are just arrogantly ignorant than to do your work for you and scour the web in search of other people that deny racism (unless the klan has a forum...) "

One wonders what your talking about.
I was talking about a comment I saw months ago on the issue in one of the Vine news pages. 

I'm still confused on the rest of your comment other then implying I'm a Klan member. I don't have to scour anything however, youtube has plenty of different opinions from all sorts of people, black, white and more.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos:  You should probably just stop right now. No point in continuing and being branded as and ignorant racist for the duration of your stay here on the vine...Just saying
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Sparda

The Autobot twins were unbelievably moronic and annoying, but to flat out call them racist might be a stretch. Stereotypical, maybe, but racist? Hmm.

Well, the whole movie was stereotypical ("Hey, we're in France, people are eating SNAILS! Wacky, HUHHHH"), so it would certainly fit.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By sexy_merc

Firing Megan Fox is a good start.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hellos
@ViciousCesar! said:

"so, these magical robots obviously wrote their own roles for this movie and nobody is responsible for grouping all these stereotypes together. right?  'comic relief'? glad that you find racial stereotyping funny.  i didn't call 'anything' ignorant. I called you IGNORANT.  "

Magically no, you had two guys sit in a hotel room writing this script, not exactly knowing what to do with how the left off the first film.  I'm not entirely sure who came up with the twins themselves as characters however.  
I honestly don't believe the writers intentionally planned to insult any races and certainly not Bay himself(Bad Boys anyone?). Although if you would like to believe otherwise, more power to you.

I don't know. I do enjoy the Boondocks and find Chris Rock entertaining. Although it was fairly clear those two characters were comic relief in the film, much like the smaller tiny robot that was humping Megan's leg.  
A lot of comedy involves stereotypes. Family Guy, Simpsons, Colbert Report / The Daily Show with John Stewart, ext. It's not hard to find them.

Well you certainly have the right to your opinion of me, although I wouldn't at all agree.  
Although if your getting philosphical, then I might agree. We are all very unimportant with very little impact on anything that has been or will come.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LT1085
@Sparda: You are right about the robots being stereotypical. Defending that kind of stereotyping however, I would consider racist...like a holocaust denier but to a far lesser degree of course.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hellos
 @LT1085 said:

" @Hellos:  Well if he is white that might make a difference...or asian for that matter. "

Absolutely not. 

@LT1085

said:

" @Hellos:  You should probably just stop right now. No point in continuing and being branded as and ignorant racist for the duration of your stay here on the vine...Just saying "

Stop what? 
I've already been on vine quite a while and I can guarantee you no one is going to be branding me racist or ignorant for disagreeing that TF2 was racist.

Either way unless you make your previous post a tad bit more clear about creating what or posting what I am still going to be left with quite a bit of confusion as to what your trying to say or imply.  
Ofcourse other than trying to say I'm a Klan member, which itself is absolutely rediculous. Especially under the grounds of my opinion on the TF2 twins characters.

Like I said if you want to see some opinions on both sides, there are certainly plenty to go around on youtube as an example. From people of all sorts of colors. 

@LT1085 said:

" @Sparda: You are right about the robots being stereotypical. Defending that kind of stereotyping however, I would consider racist...like a holocaust denier but to a far lesser degree of course. "

Debating whether a film was racist is quite a different ball game than denying the Holocaust ever happened.  
You have historical evidence to support the Holocaust, while the viewers of TF2 are left to be the judges if the film has racism or is racist.
lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lonefang6x6

focus on the robot's war. forget the romance between sam and mikaela, it's annoying

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hellos
@lonefang6x6 said:
"focus on the robot's war. forget the romance between sam and mikaela, it's annoying "

Considering Megan's gone, that romance should be gone too.  
Unless the new girl is supposed to be her.

But I wholeheartedly.
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lantern Prime

1) Reboot the movie franchise 

2) Get competent writers that will actually focus on the Transformer's actual story and not give screen time to humans like have done 

3) Focus on the Transformers

4) Get a producer that knows about the G1 series

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Green Skin

Losing Fox was a good start.  Now they just need to lose Shia and Michael Bay.  THey should get a better director in there and if they absolutely must have a human element in the film then throw in some GI Joes.  They've already acknowledged that the 2 franchises share the same universe, so why not through in some of the Joes.  Maybe a little Snake Eyes, or some General Hawk...that'd be pretty cool.  

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hellos
@Green Skin said:
"Losing Fox was a good start.  Now they just need to lose Shia and Michael Bay.  THey should get a better director in there and if they absolutely must have a human element in the film then throw in some GI Joes.  They've already acknowledged that the 2 franchises share the same universe, so why not through in some of the Joes.  Maybe a little Snake Eyes, or some General Hawk...that'd be pretty cool.   "

I don't expect to see the Joes interacting with Transformers in a live action film for a LONG time. :P 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By danhimself
@Green Skin said:
" Losing Fox was a good start.  Now they just need to lose Shia and Michael Bay.  THey should get a better director in there and if they absolutely must have a human element in the film then throw in some GI Joes.  They've already acknowledged that the 2 franchises share the same universe, so why not through in some of the Joes.  Maybe a little Snake Eyes, or some General Hawk...that'd be pretty cool.   "
They have?
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LT1085
@Hellos: I never said you were a clan member, you came to that conclusion yourself.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hellos
@LT1085 said:

" @Hellos: I never said you were a clan member, you came to that conclusion yourself. "

@LT1085

said:

"@Hellos:  So you started a thread that already existed...that YOU created? Also, it is much easier to assume you are just arrogantly ignorant than to do your work for you and scour the web in search of other people that deny racism (unless the klan has a forum...) "

Nope never outright said it, but implied it and tried to paint me as a racist for my views on TF2's Twins characters.
Either way your post still doesn't make any sense, craziness of talking about this mysterious thread I created that I have no idea WTF your talking about.  

Planning to clear this up or am I going to be left in confusion while I have you and the other user jump down my throat and accuse me of racism for stating how rediculous the accusation of racism was in the film? 
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Green Skin
@danhimself said:

" @Green Skin said:

" Losing Fox was a good start.  Now they just need to lose Shia and Michael Bay.  THey should get a better director in there and if they absolutely must have a human element in the film then throw in some GI Joes.  They've already acknowledged that the 2 franchises share the same universe, so why not through in some of the Joes.  Maybe a little Snake Eyes, or some General Hawk...that'd be pretty cool.   "

They have? "
Yep they sure have.  The nano stuff that The Doctor used was based on tech from NBE-1, There was a scene that got cut where some of the Joes mentioned big talking robots, and a scene in the Pit where you can see the vehible forms of the Transformers.  I'm looking for the website I read about it, but the site I linked through is currently down.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LT1085
@Green Skin said:
" @danhimself said:

" @Green Skin said:

They have? "
Yep they sure have.  The nano stuff that The Doctor used was based on tech from NBE-1, There was a scene that got cut where some of the Joes mentioned big talking robots, and a scene in the Pit where you can see the vehible forms of the Transformers.  I'm looking for the website I read about it, but the sire I link through is currently down. "
This stinks rather pungently of bullsh!t.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hellos
@Green Skin said:
"Yep they sure have.  The nano stuff that The Doctor used was based on tech from NBE-1, There was a scene that got cut where some of the Joes mentioned big talking robots, and a scene in the Pit where you can see the vehible forms of the Transformers.  I'm looking for the website I read about it, but the site I linked through is currently down. "

If any of that is true, I will be fairly interested to read it myself.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Green Skin
@LT1085 said:
" @Green Skin said:
" @danhimself said:

" @Green Skin said:

They have? "
Yep they sure have.  The nano stuff that The Doctor used was based on tech from NBE-1, There was a scene that got cut where some of the Joes mentioned big talking robots, and a scene in the Pit where you can see the vehible forms of the Transformers.  I'm looking for the website I read about it, but the sire I link through is currently down. "
This stinks rather pungently of bullsh!t. "
That's what I read.  As soon I can track down the site I found I on I'll post the link.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Lol Gi Joe movie connected to Transformers? Just great two shitg franchises mixing it up would bed great....NOT! Also why they even need to do that? They have military soilders in Transformers who battle and kill the evil alien robots.