How often do you go out of your way to be a jerk?

• 75 results
Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a question I had. Answer "honestly"

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Zetsu-San

I don't need to go "out of my way"... I simply am...

Scotsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scotsman

Savage

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not nearly as often as I should.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of my way? Never.

If I'm a jerk to you, you went out of your way to make me give you static.

Pirateking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of my way? Never.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's not hard. It's natural.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm clearly never a jerk.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm never a jerk.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By depinhom

Once every seven days.

Klaa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some people I'm not friendly towards because I just can't stand them, but it's only a few people and they've given me good reason to dislike them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never go out of my way to be a jerk, I'm far to lazy.

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually find it more tiring to be a jerk than to be pleasant. That said some people should really be on the receiving of their own static.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a few days every month.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It comes naturally.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By brucerogers

Only if I am being treated badly by one

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't. I'm too busy minding my own business.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Generally only when I'm driving and that happens if a person cuts me off or rides my arse.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm, only on the Internet

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Frequently, for sh*ts and g*ggles.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well consciously, never. In fact I've always consciously tried not to be one.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally only when I'm driving and that happens if a person cuts me off or rides my arse.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@jonez_ said:

hmmm, only on the Internet

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As often as I see stupid threads like these on the vine.

Get it?

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As often as I see stupid threads like these on the vine.

Get it?

You hurt my feelings...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

Out of my way? Never.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the_wspanialy

Since I've learnt the hard way that smiling and nodding like an idiot won't make my life any easier? At least once a week lol

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only when I'm faced with someone doing exactly that to me. I'm not a naturally spiteful person. If I'm openly a jerk to someone, they've almost certain put me in the shits first.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe once a month. I tend to get angry

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Never. I'm a peach and everyone loves me. Ask anyone.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@giliad_ said:
@black_wreath said:

I don't

Yeah same here.. Who would love an evil kitty with way too many eyes hehe

Avatar image for tchallaisopness
TchallaisOpness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A solid 90% of the time, I like to kick old people.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:
@black_wreath said:

I don't

Yeah same here.. Who would love an evil kitty with way too many eyes hehe

If cats looked like frogs, we'd realise what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.

Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies
black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: That's right, style! Look it up sometime... >.>

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: That's right, style! Look it up sometime... >.>

Don't need too, I'mma type of guy that makes Spike Spiegel jealous...

No Caption Provided

XD

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From time to time

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Sometimes..

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dshipp17

@claymore1998 said:

Well consciously, never. In fact I've always consciously tried not to be one.

This is the impression that keeps a glimmer of hopeful faith in some people as ambassadors of all of humanity, while I sense that most people are consciously jerks, as one way of putting it (e.g. but, actually, the word evil and demonic is more the word word that comes to mind).

For me, completely against me nature, spirit, and essence to ever be a jerk (or evil and demonic) to anyone. My connection to God, through His Holy Spirit just prevents me from being a jerk to anyone one; the concept is just literally foreign to me; if I did, it's literally like just a simulation or pretense for me, and most people can naturally tell, when I'm in contact with people in real life.

However, what I try to do and learn is to never let someone manipulate my emotions. Because of my essence, actually trying to figure out how to prevent someone from manipulating my emotions is my struggle, because I have a very forgiving nature, where I only tend to want to connect with basically all people, when that may just be something that is literally not possible. So, when I treat certain people a certain way who have wronged me or spited me in some way in the past, it's this struggle with trying not to let someone manipulate and take advantage of my naturally forgiving nature for jokes or whatever other reason behind their motivations.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Your post seems to show a complete lack of self-awareness. Even excluding our exchanges, you have been all the things you claim are foreign to you. Your post is self-indulgent and delusional.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dshipp17

@erik_soong said:

@dshipp17: Your post seems to show a complete lack of self-awareness. Even excluding our exchanges, you have been all the things you claim are foreign to you. Your post is self-indulgent and delusional.

In defending God and Christianity, how is that a demonstration of an evil and demonic nature? You seem to be looking through the looking glass, from a wonderland perspective, if defending God and Christianity is actually evil and demonic to you. Sometimes, I guess I can retort against a hostile comment, just like this one, except it's actually mild compared to somethings you're said (e.g. when I spotted a scientific mistake in your comments, you than proceeded to both imply and expressly claim that I'm a liar for claiming my educational and professional background as a scientist and chemist; as a fellow scientist, as you claim, you'd clearly know that that is like the most harsh and brutal attack that can be made against someone in science; I think (suggest) maybe you should go back and look at your own actions, as well); and this is literally as gentle as anyone can be expected to be under the circumstance, as I'm sure most people would agree, given this statement and past statements of a personal attack nature by you; look at most of your responses to anyone who has disagreed with you and how you proceed to attack them on a personal level, usually, implicitly; it's not just me; only someone who hasn't posted in quit a while (e.g. from back in 2014) or MrHamWallet are nearly the same or worse.

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik_Soong

@dshipp17 said:
@erik_soong said:

In defending God and Christianity, how is that a demonstration of an evil and demonic nature? You seem to be looking through the looking glass, from a wonderland perspective, if defending God and Christianity is actually evil and demonic to you. Sometimes, I guess I can retort against a hostile comment, just like this one, except it's actually mild compared to somethings you're said (e.g. when I spotted a scientific mistake in your comments, you than proceeded to both imply and expressly claim that I'm a liar for claiming my educational and professional background as a scientist and chemist; as a fellow scientist, as you claim, you'd clearly know that that is like the most harsh and brutal attack that can be made against someone in science; I think (suggest) maybe you should go back and look at your own actions, as well); and this is literally as gentle as anyone can be expected to be under the circumstance, as I'm sure most people would agree, given this statement and past statements of a personal attack nature by you; look at most of your responses to anyone who has disagreed with you and how you proceed to attack them on a personal level, usually, implicitly; it's not just me; only someone who hasn't posted in quit a while (e.g. from back in 2014) or MrHamWallet are nearly the same or worse.

We aren't talking about me or other users. I am not the one who is self-deluded into thinking I am some awesome person, neither is the user you are referring to. I am aware of my own faults, you are not. The OP requested that you answer honestly. You seem to do whatever it takes to lie to yourself. You either are naturally a horrible person or you allowed someone to manipulate you into behaving like a horrible person, take your pick. Both options show that your previous post was riddled with untruths. If God was real, he would be extremely disappointed in some of the things you have posted on this site. Also, you clearly are lying about your chemist job.

Not to mention some of the things you spend your time Googling. Shame on you.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dshipp17
@erik_soong said:
@dshipp17 said:
@erik_soong said:

We aren't talking about me or other users. I am not the one who is self-deluded into thinking I am some awesome person, neither is the user you are referring to. I am aware of my own faults, you are not. The OP requested that you answer honestly. You seem to do whatever it takes to lie to yourself. You either are naturally a horrible person or you allowed someone to manipulate you into behaving like a horrible person, take your pick. Both options show that your previous post was riddled with untruths. If God was real, he would be extremely disappointed in some of the things you have posted on this site. Also, you clearly are lying about your chemist job.

Not to mention some of the things you spend your time Googling. Shame on you.

Well, you bring yourself into it by making a personal attack that lacks any rational basis. And, your two options are clearly not applicable. I'm not the one who goes around making personal attacks on people because of any slight disagreement, you are (e.g. self-deluded?). Well, if you're aware of your own faults, why try to judge anyone else for conduct that is clearly far short of your own conduct? Jesus says, look at the boulder of your own before looking at the pebble of someone else; resolve your issues first, than come try to make personal attacks, except the attacks should have some basis in reality. I didn't do anything to lie to myself, because you presented nothing in specific that I could target to make adjustments; in defending God and Christianity, I'm not a horrible person; in defending God and Christianity, I'm not behaving like a horrible person; there are loads of examples of my more than 3500 posts showing me defending God and Christianity, so there are no untruths to what I said (e.g. and, again, you say this without any specifics to back your assertions); as said, have something with a basis in reality and specifics, as I'd pointed out before, after your personal attacks against me for pointing out your scientific inaccuracies (inadequacies); and, I quoted a passage from Numbers showing that God is approval of people defending Him, as well as a video, although it was a debate about Christianity versus Islam.

What specifics are you pointing to that gives you such confidence that I've never held a job in chemistry? See, just a baseless personal attack just to sound good or whatever you're trying to achieve; you got pummeled like three times on your failure to recognize scientific facts, when presented with one, so, I can't see how you're so obstinately holding on to your hope that I was never a chemist or who I claim to be, but, just let it go; spent time Googling? That was your fantasy that you concocted for yourself after being cited for your scientific failures in that example; my only point was for you not to make blanket claims against the scientific and evidentiary foundations supporting God and Christianity, really just providing a helpful suggestion to look before you leap, when, as an opponent, I really want you to make the mistakes; but, that was just one helpful suggestion out of many that I could provide you. Note, I didn't make a personal attack before, during, or after my comments about myself until after you intervened, accept I did my best to refrain.

Loading Video...

Erik_Soong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik_Soong

@dshipp17: Look, if you really want to put the chemistry job lie to bed (because it clearly bothers you that no one believes you), provide evidence for it. It isn't hard to do. There are a myriad of ways that you can show clear evidence that you are a failed chemist without revealing your personal identity.

You are confused on who pummeled whom and that is exactly the behavior that I wanted everyone to see here; you claim to be some paragon of good but it doesn't take much at all to get you to show everyone who you really are. Again, you said that no one can manipulate you into being a jerk but your post only shows us that you lack self-awareness (which is what I believe) and/or you have not been manipulated and your horrible behavior is just who you are as a person (which I also believe). Either way, the end result is the same; your original post here is lacking any basis in reality.

As for the manner in which you defend your religious beliefs, I don't think your god cares for people who act like dirtbags in his name. At least not the modern interpretation of biblical teachings. So no, I don't think you can justify it by saying it's okay to be a jerk because you are doing it for the lord.

As far as your Google history, well you are the one who admitted to looking up sinful and violent porn sites in another thread.

Finally, a truly good person doesn't hope that someone they disagree with makes a mistake. Instead, they hope to find common ground, bury the hatchet, and move forward together in mutual pursuit of good. You don't even try to pretend that is the goal. You relish in this adversity. It doesn't matter who started it (what are you, 6?!), a good person strives to end it without conflict. You do no such thing!