How much of a chance does Kanye West have winning the 2024 election?

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I believe he said he was running in 2020 before, but changed the year.

But honestly, in this current political climate, do you think that he has a chance? Do you think he’ll reach the primaries?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0 chance the guy is nuts and has some kind of mental illness

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh lord, I do not mind his political views, but he's ill-minded. However, he does bring up valid points on certain issues, but it's all contradicted by his lifestyle. Yes/No he's trying to get the African American community to buy into his God phase and be somewhat relatable. As a consequence of this, if the African American community does buy into this, then he can place his political views passively.

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't rule anyone out after watching Trump get voted in. We've already scraped the bottom of the barrel.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't rule anyone out after watching Trump get voted in. We've already scraped the bottom of the barrel.

This

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao imagine Kanye just building churches on every single street and all it plays is his "Jesus is King" album.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@benjamin_poindexter said:

This

Well, it was against Hillary, so it's understandable.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give him roughly a 0% chance of getting the Republican nomination. He might have to run as an Independent. In which case, I give him a 0% chance but he might get on the ballot.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevoidofdeath: "If" people buy into his "god" views? Every single track on his album is on the hot 100.

I don't think he can win the election, but of we're being honest-Kanye, Kim K, Kushner and Trump, have done more for the black and urban communities then any organizations have in my lifetime...

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience:

Indeed, but about a year ago, after Kanye’s political comments, it looked like his career was on the decline.(Remember ?) So how might one fool people? By pretending to be of God, and getting the African community to back his preposterousness.( Meaning that he's changed etc)

Yes, but the African American community mostly is democratic , and they felt Kanye became a sellout. In consequence of this, both Kanye/Kim had to do damage control, and show they support the African American community by helping a wrongily convicted man. Celebrities are proficiently adept at pretending and being mendacious, and I don’t buy a damn thing that emerges from their mouths, especially not from the Kardashian clan or anyone who runs in that circle. Kanye lost a alot of fans after the meltdown he had( right idea, but couldn't express it right) , and the African American community was pissed. Present day he's doing everything he can to stay in good graces , and promote his political views (which I agree with)

In this day and age anyone can be president.

( I am a mixed/hispanic Republican.. I support Trump )

Kanye speaks truth regarding political views , about The African American community , but he contradicts himself constantly in my opinion. He has the right ideas, but contradicts everything. (Like his wife cultrual appropiating the African American community)

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering he has no chance in hell of getting the nomination in the first place I am going to go with zero.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke and a circus.

It's all hype and money.

It's puppetry and showmanship

He should win easily

blackmask0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snow balls chance

Backstabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Kinginrags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Higher than the chances of you 👆 becoming president.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than you'd think, less than he does.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd for him over Trump, but I would vote for The Rock over Kanye.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0 chance the guy is nuts and has some kind of mental illness

So is Trump and he got elected.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

0%. But he'd add a 1 and a 0 in front of it.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if you asked me before 2016, I'd have probably answered quite differently.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His chance is as much as amount of his IQ

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squaddoubleyou: ^ as if he were dumb, he's made some of the best music albums of all time lmao. He might say crazy shit because he's pretty much insane at this point (bipolar, lost his mom who was pretty much his anchor, married Kim which wouldn't help) but I wouldn't doubt his intelligence, only his judgement.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squaddoubleyou: ^ as if he were dumb, he's made some of the best music albums of all time lmao. He might say crazy shit because he's pretty much insane at this point (bipolar, lost his mom who was pretty much his anchor, married Kim which wouldn't help) but I wouldn't doubt his intelligence, only his judgement.

Some of the "best music albums of all time" is very very very much debatable !

His chance is as much as amount of his IQ

Well Trump got elected, he's also got a pretty low IQ, so why not him ?

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

@jb681131: You might not LIKE his style of music but you cannot deny the influence and recognition that Kanye has and the objective complexity and depth that the themes of his works have. Kanye essentially birthed chipmunk soul with College Dropout, started the death of the gangsta rap era with Graduation, and completely created melodic rap in 808s and Heartbreak. The influence, themes, and sounds of College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation make them all widely considered among the best rap albums ever. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is often seen as THE best rap album (or among the top 5 easily) and among the best music records EVER. It's message itself puts in such a category, like the style of music or not.

I'm not saying it isn't debatable, because it definitely is. However, the vast majority of hardcore rap fans will agree with me so I'm not making a baseless claim.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zero, unless he suck jewish dick & receives secret services support

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jb681131

@thespartanb345t said:

@jb681131: You might not LIKE his style of music but you cannot deny the influence and recognition that Kanye has and the objective complexity and depth that the themes of his works have. Kanye essentially birthed chipmunk soul with College Dropout, started the death of the gangsta rap era with Graduation, and completely created melodic rap in 808s and Heartbreak. The influence, themes, and sounds of College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation make them all widely considered among the best rap albums ever. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is often seen as THE best rap album (or among the top 5 easily) and among the best music records EVER. It's message itself puts in such a category, like the style of music or not.

I'm not saying it isn't debatable, because it definitely is. However, the vast majority of hardcore rap fans will agree with me so I'm not making a baseless claim.

Maybe maybe. But in short he made Rap Pop and more big buisiness. That's his tallent. He evolved rap, but in a bad way in my opinon. And his lyrics and messages are bad ! And not everyone consideres Dark Twisted as THE best rap album, it's like Avatar, it was the most seen movie, the bigest earning movie, a movie loved by hundreds, but it's not at the best movie ever. Well to me this is Kayne. But I guess it takes tallent to become adored.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kanye is KARDASHIAN TRASH

TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131:

Maybe maybe. But in short he made Rap Pop and more big buisiness. That's his tallent. He evolved rap, but in a bad way in my opinion.

This is just plain false. He sold lots and became popular, but calling the death of gangsta rap a transition into "pop-rap" is not even close to accurate; such a statement implies that only gangsta rap can be real rap and that any deviation is "pop-rap." Kanye has consistently pushed rap's boundaries; first, he introduced an entirely new style of production, then he added pop elements to it (<College Dropout and Late Registration), and after during the Graduation era he introduced EDM elements into the genre. None of these things were considered remotely popular until Kanye made them widely successful by properly integrating them into rap. Finally, his invention of melodic rap revolutionized the genre when 808's and Heartbreak made one of the boldest moves that Kanye has ever made in his music career: abandoning traditional rap for voice modulated singing (autotune) to portray his emotional state. Like autotune in rap or not, Kanye pushed boundaries and experimented. He never stagnated. The only reason these things are popular now is because of how well Kanye did them first. It isn't just talent; it's pure musical genius.

And his lyrics and messages are bad !

WHAT?

Okay, I'll admit that Kanye has never claimed to be or even tried to be the most lyrical rapper, and most hip-hop heads would agree that many surpass him in the category. However, saying that the lyrics are bad when they are actually among the top 10% within the genre (and that's a highly conservative estimate, I'd say 5% more like it) is ridiculous.

Kanye excels at funny, playful lyrics like:

Have you ever had sex with a pharaoh?

Ahh, put the pussy in a sarcophagus

Now she claiming that I bruised her esophagus

Head of the class and she just won a swallowship

I'm living in the future so the present is my past

My presence is a present—kiss my ass

It's not trying to be deep, it's trying to be funny and have good punchlines. However, Kanye also excels at being deep when he wants to:

[Verse 1: Kanye West]

Penitentiary chances, the devil dances

And eventually answers to the call of Autumn

All of them fallin' for the love of ballin'

Got caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin

Inter-century anthems based off inner-city tantrums

Based off the way we was branded

Face it; Jerome get more time than Brandon

And at the airport they check all through my bag

And tell me that it’s random

But we stay winning, this week has been a bad massage

I need a happy ending and a new beginning

And a new fitted, and some job opportunities that's lucrative

This the real world, homie, school finished

They done stole your dreams, you dunno who did it

I treat the cash the way the government treats AIDS

I won't be satisfied til all my n--gas get it, get it?

[Verse 2: Kanye West]

Is hip-hop just a euphemism for a new religion?

The soul music of the slaves that the youth is missing

But this is more than just my road to redemption

Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention

As long as I'm in Polo smiling, they think they got me

But they would try to crack me if they ever see a black me

I thought I chose a field where they couldn't sack me

If a n--ga ain't shootin' a jump shot, running a track meet

But this pimp is, at the top of Mount Olympus

Ready for the World's game, this is my Olympics

We make 'em say ho 'cause the game is so pimpish

Choke a South Park writer with a fishstick

I insisted to get up offa this dick

And these drugs, ni--as can't resist it

Remind me of when they tried to have Ali enlisted

If I ever wasn't the greatest ni--a, I must have missed it!

[Verse 3: Kanye West]

I need more drinks and less lights

And that American Apparel girl in just tights

She told the director she tryna get in a school

He said, "Take them glasses off and get in the pool"

It’s been a while since I watched the tube

'Cause like a Crip set, I got way too many blues for any more bad news

I was looking at my resume feeling real fresh today

They rewrite history, I don't believe in yesterday

And what's a black Beatle anyway, a f--king roach?

I guess that's why they got me sitting in fu--ing coach

My guy said I need a different approach

'Cause people is looking at me like I'm sniffing coke

It's not funny anymore, try different jokes

Tell 'em hug and kiss my ass, X and O

And kiss the ring while they at it,

do my thing while I got it

Play strings for the dramatic ending of that wack shit

Act like I ain't had a belt in two classes

I ain't got it I'm coming after whoever who has it

I'm coming after whoever; who has it?

You blowin' up, that’s good, fantastic

That, y'all, it's like that, y'all

I don't really give a f-ck about it at all

'Cause the same people that tried to black ball me

Forgot about two things, my black balls

So you're kind of objectively wrong when you say his lyrics and messages are bad because they have a clear, provable complexity to them that is completely detached from subjective opinion.

And not everyone consideres Dark Twisted as THE best rap album, it's like Avatar, it was the most seen movie, the bigest earning movie, a movie loved by hundreds, but it's not at the best movie ever.

Ummm... WHAT?

GQ ranks it as the 2nd best rap album of all time. Ranker ranks it as 7th, and Pitchfork ranks it at 3rd.

You're right in saying that:

And not everyone consideres Dark Twisted as THE best rap album

Because that's true, but:

it's like Avatar, it was the most seen movie, the bigest earning movie, a movie loved by hundreds, but it's not at the best movie ever.

This is an atrocious take. You can say that you don't like it and that it doesn't sound good (that's subjective) but you can't deny the complexity of the album's narrative and what it did for the industry. Avatar isn't complex; MBDTF is. I really can't even try to explain how complex it is because entire ten-page essays could be written on the album, or even just singular verses on it, let alone songs.

Well to me this is Kayne. But I guess it takes tallent to become adored.

Kanye is not just talented; he's smart. His talent isn't even an acceptable term to describe how inventive, creative, influential, analytical, and complex he is as a musician.

I'm not dickriding Kanye and I'm not even a Kanye stan. He has done a lot of things that I wholeheartedly disagree with and has made some terrible albums as of late. I hate melodic rap personally as a style and wish it didn't exist; Kanye started it. I don't like Drake at all, and he's probably one of the most Kanye-influenced rappers out there. I don't like his newer albums post-Yeezus (Life of Pablo, Ye, Jesus is King) and I do truly think he has fallen off. I think he's quite obnoxious as a celebrity and don't really expect much of him nowadays. However, even all of these opinions that I hold won't keep me from denying Kanye's objective influence and complexity as a musician. I have to recognize his accomplishments and accolades.

[More of an on-topic comment about Kanye-haters below that is irrelevant to my reply above:)

A lot of people need to accept that, regardless of their opinion on his music or him as a person, Kanye will probably forever be seen by many as one of the greatest rappers and musicians of all time. He's made a profound impact on history and rap and has created classic, timeless records that speak volumes about not just his struggle as a black man and celebrity, but as a human. You don't have to like him, but calling him stupid, dumb, basic, or bad in both a personal and musical sense is pretty ignorant and disingenuous considering his background and what he's done.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If Trump can to it, anyone can do it lol.

The only actual people I see voting for Kanye are his hardcore fans and maybe some civilians that hate trump as much as possible.