How much can you squat?

Avatar image for theundertaker45
TheUndertaker45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the "How much can you bench press" topic seems to be very popular; I want to ask you how much you are able to squat. My 1 rep max was 150kg (About 331lbs), so compared to my 1 rep max for benching (110kg) it's very strong from a relative point of view as I weigh roughly 180lbs (82kg).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea48b09caace
deactivated-5ea48b09caace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around 360

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

450lbs max one rep at my peak.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1000 pounds 50 reps 6 sets

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

400 at my peak

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

335-340 training max. My goal is to get that to around 375 at least in the next 6 months, then i'll reassess my pure strength goals for squatting. I can also pause squat almost as much, which i'm pretty proud of lol

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

140kg at 84kg. My squat is not the best in all honesty, but its probably my second best of the big three.

I started Squatting at 120kg so I've been going to the gym regularly rather than just doing calisthetics.

In fairness I've neglected Squats for Deadlift (which is my favourite and I'm at 210kg now), which is up from around 170kg when I first started.

I've put a lot of time into Bench. When I started benching again I was really struggling to break 100kg, which I found super surprising. I thought that because I could do Push-Ups for days, weighted dips without much of a problem and even weighted and one handed push ups that I would breeze chest, but I feel I've had to take time to learn the exercise and path of motion. I'm currently at 121kg for a one rep max.

motorboaterer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By motorboaterer

I'm not sure. I don't really do squats but I can pretty easily carry 6 80lb bags of concrete mix on my shoulders so probably around 500lbs.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as long as cheeki breeki wants.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

140kg at 84kg. My squat is not the best in all honesty, but its probably my second best of the big three.

I started Squatting at 120kg so I've been going to the gym regularly rather than just doing calisthetics.

In fairness I've neglected Squats for Deadlift (which is my favourite and I'm at 210kg now), which is up from around 170kg when I first started.

I've put a lot of time into Bench. When I started benching again I was really struggling to break 100kg, which I found super surprising. I thought that because I could do Push-Ups for days, weighted dips without much of a problem and even weighted and one handed push ups that I would breeze chest, but I feel I've had to take time to learn the exercise and path of motion. I'm currently at 121kg for a one rep max.

Your deadlift when you started is better than mine now and my bench when I started is better than your bench now. What background did you have that made your DL/squat so much at the start?

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure. I don't really do squats but I can pretty easily carry 6 80lb bags of concrete mix on my shoulders so probably around 500lbs.

carrying =/= squating

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately i only have one functioning hamstring so i never work out with more than 225 pounds

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@laflux said:

Bump to say that I reached 170kg a couple days ago. Hopefully I can reach that magical 400 pound mark soon,

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to do 120kg (260lbs) rather easily before COVID. Three sets of ten.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

about 10cm if im lucky

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Yassassin

440 for 5 is my best. Homegym master race

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my body weight.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cocacolaman  Moderator

I literally can't squat. I've tried, and I can't.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

1,640 at max, one rep.