How can you guys watch UFC?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Genuine question here. I tried watching UFC and it was just barbaric, I got a little uncomfortable tbh. I saw some clips and we got guys getting kneed to the face full force and other guys getting put into triangle holds while getting consecutively elbowed to the skull. Like damn I'll just stick to boxing.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Amcu

I don't know. Eventually you get used to it. I do feel bad for people when a particularly brutal KO or beating happens. But a lot of the time its not as brutal as you described.

I don't necessarily think MMA is a good thing but it seems more entertaining than boxing to me though. I guess its just because there are more options with MMA so fights are less predictable. It feels more like your watching a legitimate fight.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than boxing. Boxing is more dangerous the extra padding to the hands allows you take more hits and it's more spread out in the brain.

MMA is also actual fighting yes Boxing takes immense skill but not as much as MMA.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boxing has some pretty brutal knockouts....and it has the 10 count....UFC may look more brutal due to the nature of the sport, but all things considered, it's better for your health.

And since you brought it up, i'm posting that Gary Goodridge KO. It's downright ridiculous. Easily one of the most brutal, swift KOs of all time.

Loading Video...

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MAZAHS117  Online

Genuine question here. I tried watching UFC and it was just barbaric, I got a little uncomfortable tbh. I saw some clips and we got guys getting kneed to the face full force and other guys getting put into triangle holds while getting consecutively elbowed to the skull. Like damn I'll just stick to boxing.

Everything you just said culminates the reason I love MMA. So much so, that I can’t tell if your being serious when you ask this, or if your just playing around.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: I'm serious. It might be just me but I feel uncomfortable when I see someone like Khabib grappling someone else to the ground and just hammering on their skull like shit their skull has to be cracked after that many consecutive blows. With boxing it's a lot more contained than MMA so it's not as barbaric.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MAZAHS117  Online

@mazahs117: I'm serious. It might be just me but I feel uncomfortable when I see someone like Khabib grappling someone else to the ground and just hammering on their skull like shit their skull has to be cracked after that many consecutive blows. With boxing it's a lot more contained than MMA so it's not as barbaric.

I guess I can somewhat understand why you may feel that way, however I don’t see it as barbaric at all. Despite it’s violence, there are still rules throughout the various MMA leagues. When I think of something described as “barbaric“, I think of something without rules and is anything goes including dirty underhandEd tactics, which is not current MMA/UFC. I find it quite beautiful watching high level fighters take their opponents apart using multiple disciplines. It certainly isn’t for everyone tho I understand

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9 god_spawn  Moderator

I like fighting. Something primal and liberating about it.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danieldaripper: Khabib is just punching them from the top maybe an elbow or 2 that's not skull cracking.

The UFC also has grappling and kicks. While boxing is surely worse due to how many headshots the fighters take per fight

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer boxing because it kinda feels more professional. The good thing about MMA is variety but it still looks like cheap bar scuffle. Also MMA is more realistic and answers the question ''who would have been the winner if these two had to faced without rules'' but this is it to me. You can't see the best of boxing, jiujitso, taekwon do or whatever, they use at the particular moment.
As I said, some people would love it, cuz it's something they would easily describe as ''real life'' situation, but I don't.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious: Boxing is far from more professional, that sport is so dirty, rigged, and paid out.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer boxing, but not because I find UFC barbaric. I just find the ground game boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most popular sports are far more brutal. Compare MMA injuries to Football injuries. Cheerleading has a higher rate of serious injuries. Don't even get me started on Boxing. Most professional boxers don't even know who they are by the time they hit 50.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Alavanka

Every martial art has what I call "martial inbreeding". It's when a style has techniques that only works against practitioners of the same martial art. MMA helps weed out those habits. It's a sport that more honestly reflects what fighting actually looks like.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can stick to boxing but it is proven that boxing is far more dangerous than MMA. Boxers can have multiple concussions in one match whereas in MMA once they’re out they’re done. It isn’t even close to be honest.

I love both sports but MMA is just more of a spectacle and a much better show. There’s nothing like it, it is simply amazing.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it a bit tame compared to the first two seasons

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalkage:

That makes absolutely 0 sense. “People wrestle because they can’t fight that good”. Fighting is all about positioning and if you are a superior grappler why are you not going to use your strength to your advantage? I promise getting KO’d on the bottom from full mount is equally as embarrassing as getting KO’d by a standing left hook.

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By adamantine

@eternalkage: At no point is a person who prefers to grapple before striking at a disadvantage. I have 7 years BJJ experience, I've been in two fights and both dudes didn't land a single punch before I had them on the ground.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to, but just like in pro-wrestling, I just kinda "out-grew" it.

But the reason for me not watching it anymore is kinda opposite to yours.

I just find the sports not violent enough to warrant my attention

I remember back then Mix Martial Arts was pretty much mayhem and chaos.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no idea i don't watch it either, personally i get bored just watching sports in general

GodxDarkxOpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake and overrated

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only fat people can't watch UFC

MadeInHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godxdarkxopal:

Fake and overrated

UFC isn't fake. I have no idea where you got that from.

In any case, I watch because it's fun to see.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

'Cause it's entertaining and one wrong or right move can win or lose a fight, which is awesome because no matter how one-sided a match look you can never count out the opponent that's losing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because fighting is in everyone's blood. It's our instinct to go to war and kill. At least in the Octagon, they can do it legally. Besides, it's fun and entertaining to watch people destroy each other, especially more awesome if you placed a wager on it.