• 40 results
Posted by KingofBBC (409 posts) 1 month, 7 days ago

Poll: Housewife or Career wife: Who would you pick? (34 votes)

House Wife 41%
Career wife 59%

Stay at home wife:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Stay at home wife who goes to the gym everyday and eats healthy. She makes sure your clothes are pressed out in the morning and prepares food for you for breakfast/lunch/dinner ever day. She cleans the house while you are at work and treats you like a king everyday, always excited to see you when you enter the house.

vs

Career wife

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Working wife who works from 9-5 on the weekday on a normal day. She is on call 2x a week and works until 10pm on those days. She does not cook, iron your clothes, or clean and you guys eat out a lot. She contributes equally financially to the household. Goes to the gym 3x a week. She also treats you well but does not go out of her to please or shower you with affection. Only on special occasion like your birthday would she treat you like a king.

#1 Posted by Khael (13980 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather be a housewife.

#2 Posted by Discipulus (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

One who works. I don't need or want a servant.

#3 Posted by SpareHeadOne (2479 posts) - - Show Bio

Last night my wife told me that I am a god to her.

A few months ago my wife told me in bed that I am the Master.

I just gave my wife a full body massage and she is fast asleep in ecstasy.

My wife gives me EVERYTHING I need everyday.

Do you think I care if she stays at home or pursues a career?

#4 Posted by Vermillion0831 (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to get married, but I'd take the woman who works. A woman with nothing better to do than cater to me wouldn't be very interesting. Plus, if she's making as much as me, then we'd have better financial security, which will be nice.

#8 Edited by AbstractRaze (436 posts) - - Show Bio

One who works but the one who is in the house is likely to prioritize its kids IMO, it depends, kids who grow up with both parents at a constant working, are likely to become depressive, they grow up with the feeling that one betrayed them, concluding with social problems in most times, on the other hand, if both parents work, the family is likely to stay in a better economic situation and pay better studies for the kids, etc...

Kids are the ones in developing a closer relationship to their mothers.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
#12 Posted by deactivated-599632ff76068 (1036 posts) - - Show Bio

Career wife. So I can stay at home, and do nothing.

Avatar image for major_hellstorm
#13 Posted by Major_Hellstorm (8977 posts) - - Show Bio

House wife so that I can spoil her and do all the hard work (and so she can take care of the kids).

#14 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

House wife will eventually feel neglected and either A. get fat or B. cheat on you...I've seen it all the time. I've been married for 13 years best thing is career wife...

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (4668 posts) - - Show Bio

Stay at home housewife...

No Caption Provided

or career woman?

No Caption Provided

Hmm... let me think about this some more.

#16 Posted by black_wreath (12888 posts) - - Show Bio

My wife started out as a career woman, she's a very talented make-up artist specializing in weddings (Indian in particular) and movies (she worked on Queen of the Damned) but due to an increased severity of her illness she is now a restricted to being house wife on a disability pension. I hope one day she will be able return to pursuing her dream again but that's beginning to look unlikely.

#17 Posted by God_Vulcan (5305 posts) - - Show Bio

Id rather choose a Career wife. And who are those girls?

#18 Posted by Khael (13980 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

House wife will eventually feel neglected and either A. get fat or B. cheat on you...I've seen it all the time. I've been married for 13 years best thing is career wife...

Not true at all, career wife would have more chance to cheat since she doesn't actually need you all that much. But the fat part is sadly true.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#19 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

both are extremely good looking. It would definitely depend on how successful how I am in my own career. I wouldn't want my woman to have to work purely out of the necessity of having to make ends meet. If I wasn't making money the way I wanted then career wife.

#22 Posted by Cable_Extreme (13653 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a wife that would prefer being a housewife and raise our future children. This is only if I make enough money to have our family financially secure. If I do, I'd rather she be the one that makes the biggest impact on our kids and not a random nanny or babysitter.

#24 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: Wrong, when people feel fulfillment they don't need other things to try and fill the holes in themselves(that's a double entendre).

#27 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: The housewife will feel sad and needy, her only human interactions will be the kids and her other mom friends they she will be using her kids to compete with...but mom friends aren't usually real friends just people she meets at PTA meetings, clubs, and boy/Girl Scouts. Housewife will feel a sense of existential dread...she'll be trapped in a life and always wonder if she would have been happier by following her dreams and career goals instead of getting knocked up and being a slave to a husband that's more likely banging some much more interesting woman at work...

#29 Posted by The Stegman (38512 posts) - - Show Bio

Housewife. Mostly cause I don't know how to cook too many things and I don't want to starve or live on fast food.

#32 Posted by Nefarious (34646 posts) - - Show Bio

Careerwife.

#33 Edited by Super_ninja (2169 posts) - - Show Bio

housewife

#34 Posted by Renchamp (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not about what kind of wife she is, it's what kind of person she is. Then it doesn't matter which one she ends up being.

#35 Posted by jardinain2 (4501 posts) - - Show Bio
@khael said:

I'd rather be a housewife.

If you don't mind my asking; why?

Avatar image for scott_summers52
#36 Posted by scott_summers52 (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, the Off-Topic forums are weird

Avatar image for dragonvegeta123
#37 Posted by Dragonvegeta123 (313 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by mrmonster (4614 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd choose a career wife. I'd have double the income, which would be great.

If I planned on having kids, I'd choose a housewife. But I do not plan to have kids, so, if I get married, I'll marry a career wife.

#39 Edited by nightmare52 (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

depends on her personality coz if u marry wrong person based career there is a high chance it will be doomed.

#40 Posted by Khael (13980 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2: It's just my family's way of life I think :P

I agree with Cable Extreme, I want to have the most impact for my kids in the future, not some babysitter. Now before you say I can do both, I can't, it's way too tiring.

#41 Posted by Khael (13980 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@khael: The housewife will feel sad and needy, her only human interactions will be the kids and her other mom friends they she will be using her kids to compete with...but mom friends aren't usually real friends just people she meets at PTA meetings, clubs, and boy/Girl Scouts. Housewife will feel a sense of existential dread...she'll be trapped in a life and always wonder if she would have been happier by following her dreams and career goals instead of getting knocked up and being a slave to a husband that's more likely banging some much more interesting woman at work...

I don't see why the same thing would apply to a career wife in this case.

@renchamp said:

It's not about what kind of wife she is, it's what kind of person she is. Then it doesn't matter which one she ends up being.

#WisdomOfRenchamp

#42 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: People with their own careers and goals usually stay interesting towards their mates.

@renchamp: U ever been married?

#43 Posted by boschePG (4609 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@khael: People with their own careers and goals usually stay interesting towards their mates.

@renchamp: U ever been married?

Ive been married 17 years and I work and my wife stays at home. I would say people with mutual goals stay together. I wouldn't say so much with their own career. I like to swim. My wife not so much. I like action. My wife not so much. Its the ability to collaborate that has got us through.

Out of the two provided, I would choose the house. Im in medical an interest could waiver from experience

#44 Posted by Khael (13980 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero: I heard Renchamp has a lot of kids so I'm assuming the answer is yes.

#45 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg: Hmmm interesting. Good to hear a different perspective.

#46 Posted by lukehero (33435 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: You don't gotta be married to be a baby maker...

#47 Posted by nickzambuto (29271 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like a lot of men will say a career wife because that's what our rational brain would know is right, but once they actually have a career wife and realize that a career wife can't fulfill the roles that we typically want from women, they would change their mind.

This of course does not apply to all men. But my old fashioned sensibilities know that I'd rather have a housewife.

#48 Posted by Watcher5000 (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

#49 Posted by jayc1324 (22692 posts) - - Show Bio

In general I'd like a wife who works, but from the specific descriptions given in the OP I would probably like the housewife better

#50 Edited by silkyballfro94 (8085 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say the only time/situation that your wife/girlfriend staying at home is acceptable is when you have kids together, or if there is some other situation that prevents her from working (unemployment, injury, etc). How the hell does it make sense for your wife to just stay at home and not work everyday for no reason? That right there is a huge red flag and it'd maybe lead to her doing some shady shit like cheating. I'd rather have a wife/girlfriend with a career and doing her own thing ANY day of the week, over some chick who decides to stay home for no reason other than being lazy. I don't care how good she looks or how well she treats me.

That said I'd take each of those girls in the OP to a nice seafood dinner.