#1 Posted by DoctorDaMn (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Generally which one is better? I've wanted to get a Lancer for quite sometime now since you don't see many on the road but, I've heard some less than stealer things about Mitsubishi... (specifically, I'm referring to civics, sentras, corollas, and lancers but if I'm sleeping on a totally different company like Ford per say, let me know)

#2 Posted by DoctorDaMn (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhhhhh Bump...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
#3 Posted by deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

My last car was a Nissan Altima, 175000 miles, 10 years old, never in the shop once.

Sold it when it was still in great shape, bought another one exactly like it down to the color.

Wife has a Toyota, same quality.

Never owned a honda, but, Mitsubishi tends to get by on high grade aftermarket parts and is more a bought to mob.

#4 Posted by Asgaard (4303 posts) - - Show Bio

In general...

Reliability

Toyota > Honda > Mitsubishi >Nissan

Sports Dna (fun to drive)

Honda > Mitsubishi > Nissan > Toyota

#5 Posted by ArranVid (1751 posts) - - Show Bio

imo

1. Nissan

2. Honda

3. Toyota

4. Mitsubishi (I only know Mitsubishis that are good as 4x4 cars)

#6 Posted by DoctorDaMn (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback!

#7 Posted by ArranVid (1751 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Outside_85 (23425 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends what you want from the car and how much money you are willing to part with to get it?
Like do you want a truck to move things around in, then you have the Toyota Hilux. Do you want a sports car? Or a drifter? Or just something that keeps on going?

#9 Posted by Infinitias (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont trust Japanese car brands

German cars are the best, BMW, Mercedes

#10 Posted by Hollow_Point (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Infinitias (388 posts) - - Show Bio

@hollow_point: Japan is neighbour to China, and China has the worst shit possible.

#12 Posted by Hollow_Point (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias: by that logic, the US has a shitty military because we border Cuba (we don't really, but I had to pick 2 countries with water between them to match your logic)

#13 Posted by Infinitias (388 posts) - - Show Bio

@hollow_point: IF you honestly think Toyota has more quality cars than Mercedes ur not sane

#14 Posted by Hollow_Point (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias: in terms of luxury no (comparing $40000 car to $20000 car... go figure), but toyota destroys most cat brands in reliability

#15 Posted by DoctorDaMn (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: well I just like the Lancer in general but I've heard that Mitsubishi just isn't reliable compared with the other companies I've mentioned as and wondered what other's experiences with these Japanese cars were...

#16 Posted by PenguinDust (8085 posts) - - Show Bio

I owned a Saturn for 22 years. Ran with minimal care until it completely fell apart finally. I wanted something that could do that again. I bought a Honda Civic. It works great so far. That rear view dashboard cam is one of those inventions you never knew you wanted so much.

#17 Posted by sabracadabra (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

Of those brands, have only owned a Toyota camry,my current car.Had it since 2005,never had any problems with it.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
#18 Edited by Hocko1999_VIRUS (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Toyotas are the Nokias of cars. They win.

#19 Posted by DoctorDaMn (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Penguin-Dust: thanks for your input; never thought about features like this that could be really useful ☺