Avatar image for theundertaker45
Posted by TheUndertaker45 (194 posts) 1 month, 7 days ago

Poll: Hippo vs Lion (16 votes)

Hippo 75%
3 Lions 25%

Who would win in a fight to death?

A 3310lbs (1500kg) Hippo or three 420lbs (190kg) African Lions?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_thereminist
#1 Posted by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll back 3 lions. In a real world scenario the hippo would likely just retreat to the water & still lose that way.

#2 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2906 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there are clips of this on YouTube and usually the lions can do little more than scratch the Hippo up a bit, however I think in one of those clips a Hippo gets a lion in its jaw, it just needs to do that three times. I'll say Hippo or the lions just scratch the Hippo up, eventually everyone tires and the Hippo slowly weakens and dies in subsequent days. The lions can't kill a Hippo on the spot

Avatar image for the_thereminist
#3 Posted by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there are clips of this on YouTube and usually the lions can do little more than scratch the Hippo up a bit, however I think in one of those clips a Hippo gets a lion in its jaw, it just needs to do that three times. I'll say Hippo or the lions just scratch the Hippo up, eventually everyone tires and the Hippo slowly weakens and dies in subsequent days. The lions can't kill a Hippo on the spot

Nah lions kill hippos all the time. I'm not going to post the video here due to it's graphic nature but here's a link to 4 instances of lions hunting hippos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH27MC9KQUY

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#4 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I’d back the lions due to their numbers and experience hunting together in packs. If it was one or two, the hippo would win.

#5 Posted by Stormdriven (17713 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually, a group of lionesses struggles to take down a hippo, with one male lion possibly swinging it in their favor. I can’t imagine only three lions taking down a hippo by themselves, but it might be possible.

#6 Posted by mrmonster (14661 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tossup. If it were 2 lions, I'd definitely go with the hippo, if it were 4 lions, I would back the lions, but 3 makes things interesting. I'll say the hippo for the majority.

Avatar image for despero_z_amazo
#7 Posted by DESPERO_Z_AMAZO (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Hippo.

#8 Posted by Serph89 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

AFAIK Hippo is the most dangerous animal in africa

#9 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

Hippo wins but likely dies of its injuries after the fight

#10 Posted by Chad_Duby (5619 posts) - - Show Bio

Lions.