• 57 results
Posted by Tethadam (3330 posts) 1 month, 20 days ago

Poll: Have you been bullied before? Any kind of bullying. (63 votes)

Yes 87%
No 13%
#1 Posted by dirtytree332 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#3 Posted by Tethadam (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#4 Edited by Helloman (28522 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by Straight-Fire (27236 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Try to bully me and you die, that's a fact.

Can't stand bullies, to be honest.

#6 Posted by ValorKnight (12204 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Try to bully me and you die, that's a fact.

Can't stand bullies, to be honest.

I have been bullied, but the rest of this essentially applies to me. I can't stand bullies either, they're usually disgusting human beings.

#7 Posted by mrmonster (14618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think pretty much everyone who went to public school was bullied at some point.

#8 Posted by Killermovies (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in elementary. Once I hit middle school and high school people matured and stopped

#9 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost everyone has been bullied at some points of their lives, the ones who haven't have never lived.

#10 Posted by Black_Arrow (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing I remember clearly.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#11 Edited by Life_Without_Progress (24019 posts) - - Show Bio

Been bullied and a bully and trust me, it's not a black and white subject. the psyche of most real life human beings are far more complicated than some question of Good or Evil. Thinking of it like a black-and-white matter tends to be the mindset of a young, insecure and introverted social outcast who never attended a Psychology class for a long period of time in their life.

And before anyone dares in an aggressively defending manner to reply to me on this thinking they're someone special than anyone else and tries to act like some hero of the bullied, remember, I'm just a stranger who tried to be somewhat impartial (remember I said "tends") on the internet and you're just proving my point if you feel pointed at by a stranger's post in an internet comic book discussion forum.

You're free to pm me anytime you want if you have strong opinions on my post.

#12 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24019 posts) - - Show Bio

I think pretty much everyone who went to public school was bullied at some point.

Happens in private schools too from my experience.

#13 Posted by Tethadam (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

@killermovies: I think the immaturity and bullying got worse in middle school and high school as people got smarter.

#14 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16183 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes... My peers were awful to me.

Though, it has declined, I suppose due to me being now in a more mature environment and the fact that I learned how to stand up for myself.

#15 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

No

Some tried to

And I just punch them in their face really hard.

#16 Posted by mrmonster (14618 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster said:

Happens in private schools too from my experience.

True. I think the only kids who can avoid bullying are homeschool kids.

#17 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24019 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_thereminist
#18 Posted by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when I disagree with a smug, condescending, patronizing, pretentious wannabe intellectual sheep with trendy philosophical & political views.

#19 Posted by Lunacyde (28091 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5c60ecae36801
#20 Posted by deactivated-5c60ecae36801 (745 posts) - - Show Bio

No not really, I've ran into the few internet trolls who tell you to KYS or some other BS but other than that no.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#21 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly because of my weight, but nothing to worry about.

#22 Edited by Catlike (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. I've been on the receiving end of physical, and emotional bullying and I've bullied too (mostly giving emotional and mental stress, rather than the physical part of bullying, but still considered bullying), but I'm past that.

#23 Posted by Trapezoid (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve been bullied and look back it now it’s made me stronger. In my opinion even though most likely unpopular, I think being bullied is a essential lesson in life. It can make you fall, rise, stay the same, kill your self, and hell even kill others. Even after all those things that come with being bullied, I’m still happy I was, it taught how to stand up for myself and made the better man I am today. Truth be told I even hope my children maybe bullied a little.

#24 Posted by hyiena (5269 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep this older dude sat behind me in history he put chalk on my jacket and plucked my ears. One day I had enough stood up and shoved into the back wall and punched in the face a couple times.

#25 Posted by Streak619 (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

I was bullied, lost my cool and then broke my fist on his face, literally.

Since then I was generally avoided.

#26 Posted by BruceRogers (17166 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#27 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1333 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve bullied and been bullied. I regret the former and moved on from the latter.

#28 Posted by FaradaySloth (8428 posts) - - Show Bio

No one on the football team gets bullied. Bullies are kind of afraid of us lmao.

#29 Posted by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Outside of playful teasing no.

#30 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5847 posts) - - Show Bio

Once at a holiday camp the older boys held me by my arms and legs and poured scolding hot water all over me. Then they shaved off my eyebrows and they shaved tufts of hair out of my head. Then they put poo under my nose to make it look like a moustache. God times. Great memories

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#31 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but I broke his nose. I'm a tuff boi.

#32 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4063 posts) - - Show Bio

Naw I haven’t really been bullied. When I was in 2nd grade a 4th grader tried but I gave him a nosebleed in front of the whole school. Priceless.

#33 Edited by Tethadam (3330 posts) - - Show Bio

Even 15 years after being bullied I still think about trying to find the guy to get revenge. Im trying to forgive him though.

#34 Edited by ANTHP2000 (25701 posts) - - Show Bio

I went through direct physical bullying in kindergarten and quite a bit in middle school. It was pretty much over ever since 7th grade.

And now KOL is cyber bullying me too btw, that's the worst.

#35 Posted by SC (18102 posts) - - Show Bio

Been bullied and a bully and trust me, it's not a black and white subject. the psyche of most real life human beings are far more complicated than some question of Good or Evil. Thinking of it like a black-and-white matter tends to be the mindset of a young, insecure and introverted social outcast who never attended a Psychology class for a long period of time in their life.

And before anyone dares in an aggressively defending manner to reply to me on this thinking they're someone special than anyone else and tries to act like some hero of the bullied, remember, I'm just a stranger who tried to be somewhat impartial (remember I said "tends") on the internet and you're just proving my point if you feel pointed at by a stranger's post in an internet comic book discussion forum.

You're free to pm me anytime you want if you have strong opinions on my post.

Great post.

I'd even say, that a lot of people can be generally guilty of looking at bullying as a black and white matter, not just the young, insecure and introverted. Sometimes people don't want to look at the conditions that creates a bully and fix that, they just react to a bully and confront them with power and authority, which can sometimes work... speaking to the bully on their level, but often just affirms what the bully intuitively feels and can essentially tell them to get 'stronger' or "smarter" with their tactics.

#36 Posted by SC (18102 posts) - - Show Bio

By family yes, school, not really... nothing I can remember off the top of my head. I probably was, in subtle ways, perhaps, I just tended to be a pretty nonchalant at school, and most people were friends with everyone - was a small school. I do feel a bit guilty though, because in hindsight a few kids got bullied pretty bad for "probably being gay" and I am now the kind of person that would stick up for them more stubbornly, but I didn't back then... and I can't change time.

#37 Posted by Supermanthor (15877 posts) - - Show Bio

yes in my childhood

now days i just want to be friends with everyone

#38 Edited by Alavanka (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

No clue. Argued a lot, fought a lot. Never felt like I was being "bullied". Certainly not in school. Now having my dad kick my ass when I tried to sneak out with his car? That's probably the closest I felt to being "bullied". I got over it.

@anthp2000 said:

And now KOL is cyber bullyingme too btw, that's the worst.

Ooof. The struggle is real.

#39 Posted by Necromancer76 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been emotionally and verbally bullied but never been physically bullied (Taekwondo helps with that).

#40 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. Got into a lot of fights, and I deeply regret not punching people in their faces when I should've. Which would've resulted in getting suspended a lot more. But at least they would've knew to not try me.

#41 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: I remember this basketball player. Very short guy. He said he honestly believes people don't try to bully him because he plays basketball.

#42 Posted by JPPT1974 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes not really physically but mentally and emotionally more and vice versa. But it is important for us to stand up to bullying of any kind.

#43 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

@trapezoid: I agree. Bullying made me quick tempered, which honestly is a good thing in some cases. It changes you, some ways good, some bad. But good life lessons come from it, though I wouldn't suggest putting your kids through it like "get stronger ya weak bastard" lmao.

#44 Posted by Kevd4wg (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say so, at least not anything severe. I'm a bit of an asshole though, and I use to be a bit of a bully

#45 Posted by MainJP (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

Very briefly in the 4th grade by a dude and a tall girl. However, I was a bully in the 3rd grade which was the result of getting into a fight with a well-known bully. I punched my female bully in the face and became acquaintances with the male bully because we both liked Dragon Ball.

Don't ask questions cause I don't know either.

#46 Posted by FaradaySloth (8428 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: I mean, people don’t bully us because we’re football players, it’s more like if you bully one, the whole team is coming after you lmao.

#47 Edited by Doofasa (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. When I was 9-10 two 15 year old kids would physically bully my sister, I'd try and step in and take the beating when I could. After a while the teachers and parents sorted it out but it was pretty bad for a year or so.

Once I hit 13 I had grown to my adult height (195cm), so I didn't have any bullies from then on.

#48 Posted by Goku_Oneshots (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I am always bullied by featherine fanboys.

#49 Posted by Nervedamage (680 posts) - - Show Bio

I had it rough during highschool.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#50 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4827 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I been bullied, and I have been a bully, I’d like to go back and bully myself for being a bully