Has this Election changed the way you look at certain people?(Like Family, Friends,Coworkers,Classmates etc

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By jumpstart55

Don't go off on a political tangent(There's a thread for that)please try to answer the question at hand.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Absolutely, I used to think they were cool but now they've shown their true colours.

They're just douchewads who talk about boring crap like elections. :P

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

I've realized how ignorant my classmates are. Making assumptions about Trump by what they hear on Twitter or iFunny and not forming an intelligible opinion based around logic.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't care about politics when it comes to friends.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's of no consequence, honestly.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By infantfinite128

No, it hasn't changed. I'm used to most people being disrespectful and intolerant to everyone who doesn't celebrate whatever the media dictates as good at a time.

Although, I'm very disappointed in the celebrities thinking people will see their opinion as gospel because they played a character they loved. They're insulting poor ignorant people who think if they side with actors or actresses, they'll receive some kind of meaningful affection.

A good thing about the election is that it showed how ugly the politicians are. I always knew Washington and the media was corrupt, but I'm understanding it more than ever. Every side is a joke. How dare they tell us who we should have voted for? If we choose to drag this country into hell, then we choose it (Gentlemen and ladies on comicvine, its been a honor)!

I've also noticed the strong temptation to praise a lesser evil. A lesser evil is still an evil. It's just that I know how the game works, and it's hard to just do what's right because in this world, the louder, obnoxious voice wins over the meek and humble. Angry yelling is seen as intelligence. I'm sure there were a lot of amazing people who could be president, but our people don't want that. The two candidates we got didn't appear out of no where. They're the reflection of who we are as people in this country. The kind of bickering I see from our candidates is everywhere I look. Heck, look at this social media craze. This is a world ruled my narcissism! The motto of Twitter is : "The more time I spend hating something, it makes me a better person. Right guys? Guys? Only 2 likes? I must hate more so people will pat me on the back for being a good person!"

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I try not to let my political views affect my personal relationships. My mom and my brother are both Hillary Clinton supporters, and despite the fact that I think they are morons for believing that, I don't let that get in the way of my personal relationships with them. I also have friends who avidly support Donald Trump, and I still talk to them all the time. It's a bad idea to let politics get in the way of your personal life.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Yes. A lot of people don't know or actually care about political issues and how they affect them. There are a lot of people voting against their own interests and they don't even realize it.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm starting to generally hate the Democrat Party. Just the party and their leaders, not the voters. I'm not gonna take my feelings toward a political party out on individuals who have no say in how the party is run. I'm also gonna work on reducing hatred to mere dislike, but it's not gonna be easy. The Democrat Party is awful.

Not happy with Republicans, either. They're not as bad as the Democrats, but they get close sometimes. This may be the last election I vote in. I'm pretty unhappy with the whole lot.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Thankfully most people I know also think Trump is an asshat. I look at the country a little differently. For that many people to support him and get him to where he is, it's no wonder this country is messed up.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. A lot of people don't know or actually care about political issues and how they affect them. There are a lot of people voting against their own interests and they don't even realize it.

Yeah I think this is quite true in most elections. I dont blame people for not being that informed because most people are really busy with their lives to care about all this stuff... but they really should. Specifically I think of some of those Southern states that always have weak economies and are just backwards in so many ways, but those people keep electing Republicans to Congress and Governor election after election. At some point you'd imagine that they're realize that maybe everyone else is doing better than them because they keep voting in these idiots who act against their interests and who's policies constantly keep their states in the toilet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's made me wonder how some of my relatives and friends can support someone as dangerous as Donald Duck.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, it's pretty much how I always saw it and them. Some of my family are in the middle and don't know what to do, and some are automatically voting and even donating to Hillary for the reasons of she's not Trump, or she's a Democrat, and/or she's a woman. I don't think anyone is voting Trump, or at least they're not saying. Well my family doesn't really bring up politics often and it's not a very big topic of conversation. So there's that. Yep, I have my views of how people decide to vote. But I keep my thoughts to myself, unless asked, in regards to my family.

Though many months ago, I did get in a somewhat friendly argument with an uncle about the election. He was talking about how Hillary was the best blah blah and I was badmouthing her when he was talking. He got real emotional and punched my arm while driving. I kinda laughed it off and took it in a half serious way. He got so annoyed with the negative talk, that he felt the need to punch me. The point of this shitty story is that you don't know how seriously bad a person has tunnel vision on a candidate and how reactive/emotional they can get. That's what happens when you invest yourself so much in something and surround yourself with group thinking. If you allow these bullshit politics and politicians get in between your close group of friends and especially your family.....Then I got some bad news.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but it's changed the way I look at a couple of viners. Lol.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped being upset by people's weird political stuff ages ago. The only people who I write off are the people who treat me differently because of my politics.

I've had friends for every end of every religious and political spectrum for decades.

My philosophy is this. AMERICA IS BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL IDEAS, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T HARM OR TAKE AWAY THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. (PS. If you hurt a child, I will rain on you.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

For those people I know who are supporting this madman, you must think about the children!!!

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By righteous300

Mostly people I used to go to middle school and high school with. Getting involved in politics is kind of like a trend now where people want to speak out and act like they're heavily involved even though they have no idea what's going on. I dislike Trump, but I know what his policies are and where he stands on certain topics. A lot of the people I went to school don't even know where he stands on anything, he's just a racist so they don't like him. They won't vote for Hilary because "she should be in jail". So they'll vote for either Johnson or Stein even though they know nothing about them, but on their minds they're taking a moral stand.

Or the one that makes me laugh the most is, "I'll do a write in." And I'm like "you do know that will split the vote right?" And they just give me this blank stare because they have absolutely no idea.

The election has also brought out a lot of closet racist that I use to chill with but not anymore.

And then there are the crazies but I won't get into that.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I've realized how imbecilic some of my friends are. They think anything against the "Donald" is propaganda despite having efficient backing. They've been brainwashed/Indoctrinated incapable of seeing anything he does wrong.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironically enough, many Republican voters, who also live in poverty, have government benefits.

It really is. They use those benefits and then vote in politicians who tell them how they want to get rid of the benefits and people who use them are "takers" and not "makers". I'm not sure they realize that they are actively voting against their own interests, not to mention pissing off the blue states that overwhelmingly pay more into the government than they take in, in order to help those red states that rely on that government assistance.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my family, not really at least. And no to friends, because I don't really have any. I sure as hell don't talk to my work buddies about politics, that would be awkward as hell.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few friends and Viners tbh. I just want the whole thing to end, this has been the worst election I've ever been apart of and I thought things couldn't get any worse during Obamas campaign with the sheer amount of racism I saw radiate from people I thought I knew.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

No. all my friends and I agree that Trump is horrible.

Only the Internet says otherwise. Which is no surprise.

Hyperion_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that people are actually taking Trump seriously despite his utter unprofessionalism, stupidity, giant ego, crooked business practices, racist, sexist and religious bias has changed how i view a lot of people that i know personally who support him. People nowdays have no standards. Trump supporters are either so naive that their retarded or racists, sexists or wealthy and greedy like him. He pissed me off a long time ago when he talked bad about Latinos and i'm not even Hispanic, but i am from California which has a huge Latino population