Gun Control

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Buckwheat

@noone1996: I cannot speak for others, but when I was satirically referring to “honor” or “bravery” for “hiding behind” a firearm, I was referring to those that serve their country. I wouldn’t say that owning or firing a gun alone makes someone brave, although ironically enough, I bet that a majority of people that are vehemently anti-gun would actually be terrified of even holding one themselves.

Ok, I can see the reason in this. I can see how profesional militars would be brave and have honour. I was thinking more of individuals. Like Abstract would consider me braver and more masculin if I was to own a gun.

But yeah, this makes more sense.

Also, looking at your discussion with Abstract, I find it hilarious that you think a disaster where firearms would be needed is completely far fetched. As if economic collapse, natural disaster, war, pandemic outbreaks, or massive power outages could never happen. In all of those cases you better believe that there will be degenerates in the streets looting and pillaging. Without power/electricity for long periods of time (in some cases just hours), we’ve seen that people panic and resort to rioting.

Also can agree to this. I can see understandable that someone would want to prepare for such an eventuality. It is not impossible for a disaster to hit anyone of us, no matter where we live.

In fact, this is my hometown a few months back:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I still think that owning a tank or a misile launcher is absurd, which was the post I was originaly refering to, but I can respect if someone wants to own firearms for selfdefense.

And just for the record, I'm do not lift 450 lbs in the gym, and am not an expert at operating improvised weaponry from the environmen. Just a regular guy that relies in prudence and discretion to avoid trouble.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@buckwheat: Oh then it was a misunderstanding. I agree that regular people probably shouldn't have access to rocket launchers or tanks. I'm also glad we agree on the self defense part. But, to be fair, Thomas Jefferson wrote a letter to ship captains that asked if the 2nd amendment allowed them the right to carry cannons on their vessels as self-defense and he said yes, so take that how you will.

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

We need fewer guns. The number of justifiable homocides in the U.S. is nowhere near as many people who die in mass shootings. No other country in the world has as many as we do. it's ridiculous

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m not a gun enthusiast, but I am opposed to gun control.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gun

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people should be allowed things like pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles, etc. but no AK-47 type stuff. It’s not like it matters what you do, because making laws against lawbreakers won’t help much.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krispyallen: LOL where did you get those numbers? Mass shootings make up less than 1% of homicides. Hammers kill more than rifles. Mass shootings are not the epidemic that everyone says they are. Meanwhile, as an EXTREME lowball, over 100,000 lives are saved annually from firearm usage. 517 people died in 2019 from mass shootings and you think the number of self defense deaths is lower than that?

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally guarantee it lol

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251894/number-of-justifiable-homicides-in-the-us/ that's to 2018 but you see the point

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people should be allowed things like pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles, etc. but no AK-47 type stuff. It’s not like it matters what you do, because making laws against lawbreakers won’t help much.

Agreed. ^

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By KillBilly

I sometimes find it funny/ironic that the American left is so anti-gun considering who they tend to quote at me so often. Only in America will you find both opposing political parties to be authoritarian.

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251894/number-of-justifiable-homicides-in-the-us/ that's to 2018 but you see the point

No. There were 337 mass shootings as defined by the FBI (most by gangs) in 2018. The number of justifiable homicides is 763 and they have a limited definition of a felon dying in the act of committing a felony. Whatever point you were making seems to be lost by the fact that guns have defensive purposes that prevent crimes and protect people too.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By AbstractRaze

Top 20 Country by Homicide Rate (1990-2018)

The United States is ranking on place 16, only in Puerto Rico, without counting the whole nation, without Puerto Rico, the USA would be on a much lower ranking place.

And if the homicides are increasing in the USA, is because the Leftists encourage open borders and unqualified mass immigration, so, no wonder that crapy people enter into the USA and that endemic crime propagates.

Loading Video...

-

This reveals that the Second Amendment doesn't play any role at all, the Second Amendment is essential in order to fend off the emergence of a tyrannical government.

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."

- Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, 1833

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the number of mass shootings and meaningless slaughter of people for no reason just doesn't matter for you guys? Noted

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By AbstractRaze

@krispyallen: Of course it's a matter of concern, but as you see, countries that have strict gun control policies have way bigger slaughters, so, what's your point?

The thing is that those nations are shitholes and no real concern for a focus, but hypothetically speaking, if the American media would focus those nations with the same amount of importance as in the United States of America, nations with way bigger homicide rates, you would surely get an attack of anxiety.

So, what's your point? it seems you are somehow concerned to get a point, by just creating an ambient of guilt, over blaming people, but there are way worst places with way higher homicide rates.

Alone in Puerto Rico, without counting the USA as a whole, Puerto Rico is ranking on place 16th, without Puerto Rico, America's homicide rate would be way lower.

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Higher homocide rates and mass shootings are completely different, what other country has the number of school shootings that the U.S. has? Name a single country with more and I'll literally join the NRA

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By AbstractRaze

@krispyallen: In those shitholes, mass shootings in schools, is a daily thing, because teenagers become members of criminal activity, so, in some situations, gangs enter into their schools and kill children.

What is your point, your sensibilities are misplaced, rather, you should be thankful that the USA is not ranking on the top, be realistic, mass shootings can happen everywhere, no long ago there was a mass shooting in New Zealand, in Germany, in France, countries that have strict gun control policies, what's your point?

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

So, what's the matter with those misplaced tears of an unthankful weakling who is detached from reality?

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You officially lost me calling other countries shitholes have a good day ig

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419  Edited By AbstractRaze

@krispyallen: Yeah, I speak like this, otherwise, there is no impact, because it's the reality, I speak like this in order to pierce that bubble of dreams that you're inside, there is no place for a soft landing, people like you are usually spoiled people, accustomed to smooth answers and there is nothing to smoothen, the reality is harsh, the reality is sometimes cruel and the way how I communicate is actually not that harsh, depending on the subject, the truth has to be told, sometimes, many truths are hard to diggest and others are pleasant truths.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krispyallen: Lmao why aren’t you replying to anyone? Are you that passive aggressive? Your conclusions based on those stats are nonsensical. Killing a felon in the act of committing a felony? That doesn’t seem overly specific to you? “Justifiable homicide” is an extremely limited way of examining self-defense as a whole. For that number to rise, the person that you are shooting has to die (instead of just scaring away or injuring/stopping the attacker with a gun) and that person being attacked has to be at risk for unavoidable death/life-threatening injury (which doesn’t apply after someone is raped or committed the crime and is fleeing). Mass shooting numbers aren’t meaningless to us (although a lot of those numbers come from gang members killing other gang members), but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Plus stricter gun control measures have proven not to help.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the common consensus here.

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said before, I'm done here. There's not going to be some miracle of me convincing you or you convincing me, so there's no point in me responding XD

Andrew_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Andrew_____  Online

I think people should be allowed things like pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles, etc. but no surface-to-air missiles, Javelins, tanks etc It’s not like it matters what you do, because making laws against lawbreakers won’t help much.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well people might feel good to have “agree to disagree” moments, but the side that initiates those is usually the irrational one without facts or open mindedness on their side. Over reliance on feelings and emotions aren’t a good way to dictate policy.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By AbstractRaze

@noone1996 said:

Well people might feel good to have “agree to disagree” moments, but the side that initiates those is usually the irrational one without facts or open mindedness on their side. Over reliance on feelings and emotions aren’t a good way to dictate policy.

I think that the way to lower the homicide rate in the USA that is way under the top 25+ if it wouldn't be because of Puerto Rico, that it's not even a conventional American state, but an unincorporated territory of the United States, since we have to consider terrorism in the middle east that casually killed a lot of civilians in the past and today, but for the simple fact that it's terrorism, it's not counted as homicides. The United States has to incorporate a better educational program in regard to the Second Amendment, or improve the education overall, because it's essential to always maintain or keep afloat those 2 sides of strength in a population.

1. The capability to defend your rights and freedom via verbal communication.
  2. The capability to defend your rights and freedom via a physical approach.

Since we're not wild animals, we are rational beings, we have to always try to defend ourselves, our family, our friends and our society as a whole, against any violation of reciprocity, and any tyrannical government is a product of a violation of reciprocity, once this government arbitrary imposes the abolishment of essential values of liberty and any verbal communication renders as useless in order to defend ourselves, we have to be prepared and have the courage to attack and annihilate this leadership and the military side that succumbed under such tyrannical government, while bound to the military and the political side that advocates for the people's concerns and most importantly, freedom.