Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jax

From Gamespot.com

During Take-Two's shareholders' meeting today, the publisher said that GTAIV has gone gold. The game is "in production and in trucks en route to retailers," proclaimed Take-Two CEO Ben Feder. Rated M for Mature, GTAIV will be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on April 29.

Industry watchers have already projected a massive debut from the next installment in Rockstar North's prized franchise. Last October, Janco Partner's Mike Hickey projected global opening-week sales of more than 9.5 million, with 5.8 million units turning up in US consumers' hands alone. Earlier this week, Variety reported that sources within Take-Two fully expect the game to sell some 6 million units in its opening week, generating revenue in excess of $400 million.

Any thoughts on how well it's doing and it isn't even out yet?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

don't think i'll really be bothering with it...

it looks too much like San Andreas, which was a good game in it's own right, but didn't have a scratch on Vice City...

M

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jax

Methos says:

"don't think i'll really be bothering with it... it looks too much like San Andreas, which was a good game in it's own right, but didn't have a scratch on Vice City... M"

It's going to be different. How does it look like GTA:SA? I thought it looked different.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

that's the trailer for it, and the entire game just looks like it has the same hip-hop gang war feel to it, if i wanted to play that i'd dig out Saints Row and play that...

Vice City was the game that really launched GTA games into the spotlight, and none of the games since have managed to recapture that feel of game...

M

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iwan

GTA 3 > GTA VC > GTA SA

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Jax says:

"Goodpoint. I did like Vice City the best. SA just gave me more things to do. They should make something with Tommy Vercetti again. No, they should make a game with all the main characters."

yeah, they should go back to what worked best instead of trying to jump on the trendy hip-hop scene to try and make more money from the game...

M

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jax

Methos says:

"http://www.youtube.com/v/EOj-iWkcJPU&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00 width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">that's the trailer for it, and the entire game just looks like it has the same hip-hop gang war feel to it, if i wanted to play that i'd dig out **Saints Row** and play that... Vice City was the game that really launched GTA games into the spotlight, and none of the games since have managed to recapture that feel of game...http://www.youtube.com/v/MpmDawqOfqs&hl=en&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00 width=425 height=355 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">M"

Goodpoint. I did like Vice City the best. SA just gave me more things to do. They should make something with Tommy Vercetti again. No, they should make a game with all the main characters.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Hip-hop? I thought GTAIV was going to be about the russian mafia?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

fesak says:

"Hip-hop? I thought GTAIV was going to be about the russian mafia?"

doesn't look like it from the videos i've seen...

if fact, nothing in the video's i've seen show anything even remotely Russian related, no accents or anything...

it just looks like a rehash of San Andreas to me

M

Super Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super Nova

Methos says:

"fesak says:
doesn't look like it from the videos i've seen... if fact, nothing in the video's i've seen show anything even remotely Russian related, no accents or anything... it just looks like a rehash of San Andreas to me M"

LOL then you haven't been in germany the main Char is DEFINITELY russian

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zero edge

Bully > GTA.... but then again I'm not a big fan of sandbox games

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn

Methos says:

"fesak says:
doesn't look like it from the videos i've seen... if fact, nothing in the video's i've seen show anything even remotely Russian related, no accents or anything... it just looks like a rehash of San Andreas to me M"

Sweet. I love Hip Hop music

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

I've always wanted to play a GTA game (not gonna happen while I live in my mother's house) and I've only watched my brother play it. It looks fun (any/all of them) but I'll stick with Mercenaries.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I've loved all the GTA games. I wish you had the options in Vice City that you have in San Andreas. As such San Andreas is my fav so far