Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Edited By Deranged Midget

It's that time of the week again and we're back for our third instalment of the Swole your Role where the lovely folks of ComicVine ask us questions regarding fitness, nutrition, etc and we use our experience and knowledge to answer to the best of our abilities!

Remember, this is just the questions thread where you simply leave questions and a respective answers thread will be made after we build up our responses.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Samimista

Hey Spawn and Deranged! Do you guys take vitamins? Any advice on maintaining a figure?

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Raiiyn

- Best way to make your bum larger.

- Best way to make your boobs bigger.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samimista

@Raiiyn said:

=O We must get the answer to these!

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raiiyn

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

LOL! We must. I'm wondering their opinion ;P

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samimista

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

Lol! They better tell us! xD We need to keep our bodies looking fine. =D xD

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raiiyn

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

Hourglass, yo.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samimista

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

Hourglass, yo.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raiiyn

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

@Samimista said:

@Raiiyn said:

Hourglass, yo.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aiden Cross

Actually, by working out your chest muscles your breasts will become perkier ;p

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By lykopis

o-o

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Samimista

@Aiden Cross: The mystery has been solved!

@lykopis: =D *waves*

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raiiyn

@Aiden Cross: Im aware of that fact lol and lunges and squats also help with your bum looking bigger. There are lots of things. But I want DMs and GS's opinion on things.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

@Samimista: ~~ WAVES FRANTICALLY ~~

Hey you --- interesting uhm....questions.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Samimista

@lykopis: I know what you're thinking, genius questions! =D xD

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lykopis

@Samimista said:

YEP. About time someone asked them!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Samimista

@lykopis said:

@Samimista said:

YEP. About time someone asked them!

^____^

High five! =D

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lykopis

@Samimista:

No Caption Provided
Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis said:

@Samimista: ~~ WAVES FRANTICALLY ~~

Hey you --- interesting uhm....questions.

@Raiiyn said:

@Aiden Cross: Im aware of that fact lol and lunges and squats also help with your bum looking bigger. There are lots of things. But I want DMs and GS's opinion on things.

Uhm, bum is true in that its a muscle but the boobs? More like you can build up the muscles surrounding them and hopefully they lift but not make bigger.

**exits thread with arms placed over chest**

lol it does make them a bit perkier though, Aiden was right about that. And d'awwhh... I can give you some?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Aiden Cross

@lykopis: That's what i meant but you said it better :p

@Raiiyn: :p

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Samimista

@lykopis said:

@Samimista:

No Caption Provided

D'aw! =D *hugs* You are fantastic and lovely too. <3

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Xanni15

Best liquid to drink while working out?

Do you wear deodorant before going to the gym even though it could get on the machines/bar/weights? I know you're supposed to wipe them off anyway, but you know...

Top exercises to do with limited time?

How long does it take to see results, typically?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aiden Cross

Oh, what do you think about protein shakes, because i recently read an article that claimed they actually do more harm than good.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Samimista said:

Hey Spawn and Deranged! Do you guys take vitamins? Any advice on maintaining a figure?

I do take a complete multivitamin everyday along with fish oil and flaxseed oil. Sometimes olive oil too. Just maintaining would be a light exercise routine, just enough to maintain body image. And a good diet. On the answers blog I'll post a more in-depth answer.

@Raiiyn said:

Ehh...if this crosses the PG threshold hold then I'd say delete this. But fine.

Bum I am not sure, I'll give this one a shot.

Butts are a tricky thing. Exercising to increase size would mean more strength training the glutes and probably the hamstings and lower back to get good measure. Another tip that definitely works, butts can get bigger by a surplus of calories. Not like stuffing your face but like an extra 200-500 calories I'd say would be a good start. For women, hips and thighs are the place fat stores most. You can see a lot of girls with slim stomachs but have a bit bigger butt and thighs. By eating a surplus you would get extra calories and if that causes growth in the body. If you can contain the amount you it you should put on a bit more fat in that region thus making a bigger butt and hip reason without it turning into cottage cheese central. But this also tends to play to genetics. You can tighten and tone your butt through exercises and make it a bit more springy, getting it a bit bigger would require strength training if you want that approach or the caloric surplus to add a tad more body fat would tend to go those regions and possibly the boobs too cause that's really all boobs are is fat tissue with a bunch of nerves and veins and what not.

Boobs, I actually know how to get bigger. Few ways.

1) Beer. I don't know if all of you are old enough yet to drink but beer helps. It contains hops which is actually a product that helps growth in bust size. This I recommend the least though. But the hops brings me to my next point.

2) A lot of breast enlargement pills contain hops, which is found in the beer, which promotes breast growth. The pills do work, I had a friend who took them and in a few weeks they started to fill out more and continued growth she went up a cup size.

3) Slapping. It sounds dirty and I kid you not, it works. There is something called the Thailand breast slap which is a 3 month therapy regiment that uses aggressive slapping and massaging techniques to get boobs bigger. By slapping the breasts it causes tissue to go away from other areas of the body like the stomach and thighs and into the breasts resulting in bigger bust sizes. I think some people have recorded an excess of 4 inches in growth resulting in this method.

4) Exercise. Just toning and strengthing the muscles around the chest can result in more perky boobs as Aiden brought up but not necessarily pure size.

5) Calorie surplus. Same as the butt but this method I'd put just right over the beer.

6) Implants. *Shrugs*

There. I'll post research links and stuff once we get the answer thread up. If I had to recommend three, 1) slapping as it is natural, 2) enlargement pills) 3) Surplus.

@lykopis: Since you said someone had to ask them, I gave my opinion and didn't want you to miss it.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Samimista

@god_spawn: Now, I've been told months ago to take multivitamins and have due to my skin being slow at healing. But, the vitamins seem to have no effect on that. Should I keep taking them anyways since they're healthy?

I usually maintain. I also do three or four miles everyday on the treadmill for the past few years. Love to walk.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis said:

@Raiiyn: ~~ sniff sniff ~~ I have accepted my reality. But thanks --- you can freaking spare some, I know. -_-

**donates**

@god_spawn: What do you mean if Im not old enough? O_O how old do you think I am?!

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Raiiyn

@lykopis: Chu welcome ^.^

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lykopis

@god_spawn:

Oh wow. That's like, a lot of information. Thanks, lol. Must marinade.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Samimista: Personally, I would. I'm generally busy with work and school and I need to eat like 8 times a day to maintain my weight. I don't have time to have have veggies and chicken every day and I can't bring 4-5 tupperware containers with me to school every day. I do have a pretty healthy diet but I take the vitamin as a back up.

@Raiiyn: idk what the legal age for alcohol in Canada is. I just assumed 21 as a standard and I know you are anyway if IIRC you told me. Samimista;s age idk and idk if she is Canadian too. Lykopis I believe is 20 from her birthday thread. I did it as a precaution. And you're welcome for the variety of answers -_-.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raiiyn

@god_spawn: hehe I love your answers! Is it bad I asked knowing most of them O_O Though I did want opinions on which you felt was best. I think you do. And depends where in Canada. Where I live its 18. In Toronto it's 19.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Xanni15: Gatorade, powerade. Some kind of sports drink or water. I lift best with the sports drink though.

I wear deodorant before I leave the house to go anywhere.

Depends on your goal. I say any work out should have a shoulder press movement (military press, handstand press, dumbbell shoulder press ect) , chest movement (push ups, chest press, bench press etc) and a leg movement (preferably squat, leg press or deadlift or the leg extenstion and hamstring curl). And a core worker (planks, sit ups that shebang). If someone has to workout in like a half hour span that is the best routine as it works lots of things.

Depends on how long you have been training and what you are doing. Typically, a few weeks to a month you begin to see results.

@Aiden Cross: I love them. The simpler the better. Lots of shakes have too much garbage but they are necessary for some people. I study under a dietitian for a nutrition class and she tells her dialysis patients to use 100% whey protein powders cause they lose protein. Some of these shakes have a lot of unnecessary stuff which can claim them to be bad but protein powders have been around for years and have been a staple in working out. Studies change all the time and personally I say listen to your body and what it tells you.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aiden Cross

@god_spawn: Thank you, that was insightful =) True there are a lot of different researches.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@god_spawn:

Thank you. I know some people like to drink water, sports drinks, milk (I thought this was best for after?), etc.

My college just instituted new rules for the fitness center not too long ago, you're not allowed to raise any weights over your head. They said it was too dangerous even though nobody has been hurt doing it. Seriously. A lot of people (including professors) were po'd but they've been kicking people out if they catch them. SO now I've had to stick to machines mostly.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aiden Cross: No problem. It's like eggs. There are studies that say trash yolks cause they raise cholesterol and are fatty. Eating cholesterol doesn't increase cholesterol and yolks do have important vitamins in them. They have studies that say just eat the whites yet studies have also shown eating a couple eggs in the morning does not raise cholesterol and that some people's healthy cholesterol levels improved. So it really depends on how your body responds to things. My body does not respond well to creatine powders and I gained a lot of permanent strength and size from just eating more carbs and using a 100% whey protein powder.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Xanni15: That's stupid. Machines can help but still. That's like going for a sprint and skipping instead.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Samimista

@god_spawn said:

@Samimista: Personally, I would. I'm generally busy with work and school and I need to eat like 8 times a day to maintain my weight. I don't have time to have have veggies and chicken every day and I can't bring 4-5 tupperware containers with me to school every day. I do have a pretty healthy diet but I take the vitamin as a back up.

@Raiiyn: idk what the legal age for alcohol in Canada is. I just assumed 21 as a standard and I know you are anyway if IIRC you told me. Samimista;s age idk and idk if she is Canadian too. Lykopis I believe is 20 from her birthday thread. I did it as a precaution. And you're welcome for the variety of answers -_-.

I'm 16 and live in the United States. Irony though I have more Canadian friends than friends here in the U.S. xD And yeah, I will keep up with the vitamins. Just wish my skin would heal better. >___< Hope all is going well with college and work though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Samimista: And that's why I gave precautions though it was Raiiyn's question. I'm not a doctor so quite frankly I can't really offer any advice with skin healing. I box a lot and have bloody knuckles every other week since I hate gloves and only use a gauze roll and some tape. I've left chunks of skin on the floor in training and a week later it's all healed up but that is how I have always healed. And thanks.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Samimista

@god_spawn: Lol! I didn't really read your response to that. Not my thing.~ But ouch, bloody knuckles? D= Must hurt boxing. >___< No prob.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By ReVamp

How to get rid of stomach flab.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Samimista

How many push ups and sit ups should be done a day? I've always heard it's best to stay away from saturated fat, what else should I stay away from?