Glass (M. Night Shyamalan) Discussion Thread

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So, here it is, share your thoughts on the movie.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I completely disagree with the critics on Glass. I thought it was a very good movie. It was boring in the beginning, granted, but the ending was almost perfect. Also, James McAvoy and Damuel L Jackson gave some of their best acting ever. I give it 7.5 out of 10.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely loved the movie, it was very well written and the ending was amazing, Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis being a badass, James McAvoy shines again with top notch acting when changing personalities, but the honorable mention goes to Samuel L. Jackson who was absolutely amazing and of course, to M. Night Shyamalan for writing such a good and interesting character, Mr. Glass stole the show and the twist at the end was surprising and good, loved Mr. Glass' plan.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely disagree with the critics on Glass. I thought it was a very good movie. It was boring in the beginning, granted, but the ending was almost perfect. Also, James McAvoy and Damuel L Jackson gave some of their best acting ever. I give it 7.5 out of 10.

Completely agree with the bolded part.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Discipulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Discipulus

I think David Dunn's doubts as to whether or not he was superhuman was one of the film's narrative high-points, and I wish it had been extended. I have mixed feelings about the ending of the film - I don't think the twist was very satisfying in comparison to Split and Unbreakable, but it tied everything up fairly well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was great until the end. The Illuminati thing was kinda . . . eh.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think David Dunn's doubts as to whether or not he was superhuman was one of the film's narrative high-points, and I wish it had been extended. I have mixed feelings about the ending of the film - I don't think the twist was very satisfying in comparison to Split and Unbreakable, but it tied everything up fairly well.

I think it wasn't "satisfying" because, well, all the three main characters that we got attached to died, but it certainly tied up everything really well, great ending if you ask me.

I think it was great until the end. The Illuminati thing was kinda . . . eh.

It's one of those trademark twists from Shyamalan, when I was watching Split I never thought I was watching a supernatural/superhuman movie, yet that's what it was at the very end, and it only elevated the film, same here with the secret organization IMO.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thor-Parker

I'll have to kindly disagree with absolutely everything you said hehe.

EDIT: I agree with one thing, I expected more interaction between Dunn and Mr Glass.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the greatest Superhero movies I've ever seen. Near-perfect movie too, I remember an article said Glass was a critical mess because Split overperformed but meh, either critics weren't paid by Disney to kiss its ass or they expected some kind of MCU formula about it. Willis and Jackson nailed their roles while McAvoy making the film all for his own. Brilliant writing and narrative with a great directing and an excellent acting. Shyamalan didn't disappoint, a 8.5/10 for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: The Beast appearing paid off all the build-up of the movie, while the organization kinda felt tacked on, imo.

It was not like Unbreakable, Split (David Dunn appearing) or The Sixth Sense, where the twist makes you go "HOLY SHIT!". To me, it was more of a "huh, Illuminati . . . cool, I guess . . .".

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: The Beast appearing paid off all the build-up of the movie, while the organization kinda felt tacked on, imo.

It was not like Unbreakable, Split (David Dunn appearing) or The Sixth Sense, where the twist makes you go "HOLY SHIT!". To me, it was more of a "huh, Illuminati . . . cool, I guess . . .".

Well, that was you, and it's fine, but I also went "HOLY SHIT" when I realized the doctor knew they were superhuman all along and would go as far as to kill them just to keep their existence a secret.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved the movie!

Way more adapted to my palate than the recents CBMs that (for most of them) let me cold as rock.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

I was extremely disappointed with the ending.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending threw me off.