Getting Wisdom Teeth Pulled....

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled in 2 days, and I know that you are not supposed to eat solid food afterwards. I also know that ice cream is a popular item for the recovery, but with me being very nutrition-oriented, this doesn't really work out for me. So I was wondering, what healthy, non-solid foods are out there that I can eat?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, Frozen Yogurt is a healthier alternative to ice cream

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just mix these with milk and you have a tasty and filling drink. Is it healthy? I honestly don't know, but I'm sure it's healthier than ice cream. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I lived off these things almost exclusively for the first two or three days. If this particular brand is unhealthy, I'm sure there's a healthy alternative out there. After a few days, once your mouth has healed a little, I suggest scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese.

Now, I have some other pieces of advice for you.

• Leave a list of movies you want to watch for whoever takes care of you after the surgery. DVDs, Netflix, doesn't matter, just make sure they know what to put on for you when you get home. Watching movies is pretty much all you'll be able to do for a few days, make sure they know what to play for you.
  • Have someone keep track of your stuff for you. You'll be on way too much pain medicine to be able to keep track of anything, make someone else do that for you. When I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I lost my shoes. Not that it mattered since I didn't leave the house for a week and a half, but still, it would've been nice to know where my stuff was.
  • Have at least three days worth of comfortable clothes ready to wear for the days after the surgery.
  • After your follow up appointment, go somewhere, anywhere. The grocery store, the drug store, it doesn't matter. Trust me, after week or two of sitting inside watching movies, going out into the world and seeing someone, even if it's just a bagboy at Walgreens, will make you feel better.
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been there. Jesus Christ, it hurt.

I think I ate solid food, but I just didn't use that part of my mouth to chew at all.

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WhoWillWin

@vertigo-: Thanks for the suggestion, it will come in handy.

@mrmonster: Thank you very much for your post. Don't worry, I have somebody taking care of me, and I have plenty to read. But I do have 3 questions:

1. How painful is it?

I ask this because, during my freshman year, I saw a senior who got his wisdom teeth pulled one day, and was back to school the day after. He still had a bandage over his head and ice to his mouth, but he was in school the day after. If he can take it, how bad is it truly?

2. How long exactly is the recovery?

I am usually an isolated person, but even I don't want to be immobile for a week plus.

3. How potent are the drug's effects?

You make it sound like I should be worried.

As far as your suggestion goes, I am not usually one to add stuff like that to my drinks(because I don't like it), but it also has health issues.

3 notable health issues:

Sugar- Yogurt isn't much better, but yogurt has calcium in itself.

Soy Lecithin- Soy makes your body overproduce the female hormone Estrogen.

Artificial Flavors- Artificial flavors are brain poison and I have learnt to cut them out of my diet.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowillwin: Dude, I legit just had this happen about 1 month ago. What I did was keep on basic things (dentist should tell you this too)

-Ice Cream

-Smoothies, but NO straw, this can cause a ton of pain and for the clots to break (bleeding)

-Pudding

-Soup but NO rice or peas or small things. They can get stuck in the holes and cause infection

-No chips or crackers either

-Eat soft things, but what I did was I just didn't eat anything for about a day, just drank things, but remember NO straws.. This will cause a ton of pain

-Mashed potatoes. Really soft mashed potatoes. This was one of my staples because your stomach feels like it is something solid but it's soft on your mouth

-Make sure you rinse with salt water. If you forget you can get infections

Final advise: Ask your dentist lots of questions lol

The pain is impossible to totally avoid, but make sure you take the medications/advill you are prescribed, if you miss em you will be hurting, badly

Bottom line: Avoid hard foods (and I recommend not eating much for at least a few hours afterwards, but don't overthink everything. It's not THAT bad, you will be fine as long as you just keep to soft stuff and don't use a straw! From a fellow survivor, GL!

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just mix these with milk and you have a tasty and filling drink. Is it healthy? I honestly don't know, but I'm sure it's healthier than ice cream. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled, I lived off these things almost exclusively for the first two or three days. If this particular brand is unhealthy, I'm sure there's a healthy alternative out there. After a few days, once your mouth has healed a little, I suggest scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese.

Now, I have some other pieces of advice for you.

• Leave a list of movies you want to watch for whoever takes care of you after the surgery. DVDs, Netflix, doesn't matter, just make sure they know what to put on for you when you get home. Watching movies is pretty much all you'll be able to do for a few days, make sure they know what to play for you.
  • Have someone keep track of your stuff for you. You'll be on way too much pain medicine to be able to keep track of anything, make someone else do that for you. When I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I lost my shoes. Not that it mattered since I didn't leave the house for a week and a half, but still, it would've been nice to know where my stuff was.
  • Have at least three days worth of comfortable clothes ready to wear for the days after the surgery.
  • After your follow up appointment, go somewhere, anywhere. The grocery store, the drug store, it doesn't matter. Trust me, after week or two of sitting inside watching movies, going out into the world and seeing someone, even if it's just a bagboy at Walgreens, will make you feel better.

Also a lot of good suggestions here!

X

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have ice cream. Its basically one day of recovery. Enjoy it, you deserve it after having your teeth yanked out of your skull.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have ice cream. Its basically one day of recovery. Enjoy it, you deserve it after having your teeth yanked out of your skull.

It's not a one day recovery lol

X

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: then you have a bad dentist or low pain tolerance

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: The part where you can't eat solid food only lasts a day for me.

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thank you for your advice(I had not thought about mash potatoes), but look under question number 1 in my 2nd post and please, tell me how that is possible.

@kingofwakanda: I am trying to be a nutritionist, and though I must admit this is a legit time for ice cream, I am striving to move away from the food option.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the bright side at least they'll give you some good drugs lol

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thank you for your advice(I had not thought about mash potatoes), but look under question number 1 in my 2nd post and please, tell me how that is possible.

@kingofwakanda: I am trying to be a nutritionist, and though I must admit this is a legit time for ice cream, I am striving to move away from the food option.

Oh, my bad

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xzone

@kingofwakanda said:

@xzone: then you have a bad dentist or low pain tolerance

@lan_fan said:

@xzone: The part where you can't eat solid food only lasts a day for me.

Depends on what kind of solid food you mean and how deep your wisdom teeth are and how many you are having taken out. Mine took about a week to eat "normal" food, but thats because mine were impacted and deep/all 4 of them, but If its just two of them and they are not too deep 1 day for tougher food is certainly conceivable

Edit: Impacted wisdom teeth means they came in sideways and are much, much harder to get out, hence deeper, wider cuts

X

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WhoWillWin

@xzone: Sorry about the bombardment of tags(after I tagged you, I saw that 2 other people tagged you before me), but seriously, how much pain was it?

It is also 4 for me as well.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Sorry about the bombardment of tags(after I tagged you, I saw that 2 other people tagged you before me), but seriously, how much pain was it?

Pff I don't mind lol. Well, a few questions: Are yours impacted? how many are you getting out? That plays a major roll.

X

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Tried editing previous, but have no idea if it succeeded. I have 4 teeth getting pulled out as well. They are also technically impacted because they are below the gum line(yes, I am young).

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Tried editing previous, but have no idea if it succeeded. I have 4 teeth getting pulled out as well. They are also technically impacted because they are below the gum line(yes, I am young).

Ok, so thats basically the same as mine. I mean, ill put it bluntly, if you forget your medication prescribed (like forget to take it) or advil on time it will hurt quite a bit, also another thing im sure the dentist will tell you is no working out or running, cause that can cause pain/bleeding as well. However, as long as you keep up with everything prescribed it really isn't too painful (except for like the 3rd day after IIRC, that's the worst day, but after that it gets better)

X

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Ok, thank you for your expertise, hopefully it isn't too bad.

WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm good now.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Thank you very much for your post. Don't worry, I have somebody taking care of me, and I have plenty to read. But I do have 3 questions:

1. How painful is it?

I ask this because, during my freshman year, I saw a senior who got his wisdom teeth pulled one day, and was back to school the day after. He still had a bandage over his head and ice to his mouth, but he was in school the day after. If he can take it, how bad is it truly?

2. How long exactly is the recovery?

I am usually an isolated person, but even I don't want to be immobile for a week plus.

3. How potent are the drug's effects?

You make it sound like I should be worried.

As far as your suggestion goes, I am not usually one to add stuff like that to my drinks(because I don't like it), but it also has health issues.

3 notable health issues:

Sugar- Yogurt isn't much better, but yogurt has calcium in itself.

Soy Lecithin- Soy makes your body overproduce the female hormone Estrogen.

Artificial Flavors- Artificial flavors are brain poison and I have learnt to cut them out of my diet.

1. How painful is it? Depends on whether or not you stick to your medicine. On the day of the surgery, it won't hurt at all, because you're going to be high as a kite. For the next couple days, you'll be in pain, but it'll be manageable if you stick to your pills.

2. How long will recovery take? You'll be healed enough to leave your house probably by the end of the week, but you should keep it easy for at least a week and a half, don't do sports or anything.

3. How potent are the drugs effects?The drugs you'll get on the day of surgery are very strong. You'll be so high that everything within the first 24-48 hours after your operation will go by in a complete blur. The drugs you'll get after that aren't nearly as strong, they shouldn't be a problem.

Also, should you be worried? No. Just sit in front of the tv, have someone to take care of you, and you'll be fine.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never had any problem with wisdom teeth

Sometimes i think i am missing out in life.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eat a jolly rancher

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#27 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Oh heck. Deepest sympathies mate, had two out in the past year and both times it did hurt quite a bit O__O

Mostly I got by with soup and mashed potatoes.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the bright side at least they'll give you some good drugs lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30 JediXMan  Moderator

I'm probably going to have all four of mine yanked pretty soon.

So yeah.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowillwin: Glad you made it through OK and are recovering well. And you had the willpower to resist ice cream, very nice.

I would had at least one pint by now. Cookie dough... might have to pick some up later.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled in 2 days, and I know that you are not supposed to eat solid food afterwards. I also know that ice cream is a popular item for the recovery, but with me being very nutrition-oriented, this doesn't really work out for me. So I was wondering, what healthy, non-solid foods are out there that I can eat?

A protein shake. 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of whey, and almond milk.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowillwin: No problem man. Always happy to give advice to another viner.