Generally speaking Moderators

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

Generally speaking, Why are most mods such kiss ups, push overs, disrespectful, bullies, full of censorship, they gang up on you, ban/remove comments for disagreeing, provide rude sarcastic responses and are very strict?

I'm talking generally. I've had my experience with them in the past where they'd attack/ban me for disagreeing. I'm a very out spoken person on various issues. When I display my opinion the mods remove it. I've googled others with the same problem too.

Can someone explain why mods do this? I'm really curious.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Any specific examples of when a mod has been a kiss up, push over, disrespectful, etc? A bit of evidence to back up a claim never hurts.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

because I GOT DA POWA

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

lol lock incoming .

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same reason manager's under the Head manager are those things you listed.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I assume a number of them are that way because they have a God complex or have no power in real life so they throw it around on forum websites to feel good about themselves.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By russellmania77

Are you just describing renchamp?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The power of youth prevents such things

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume a number of them are that way because they have a God complex or have no power in real life so they throw it around on forum websites to feel good about themselves.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods are just normal people like us. Some of them don't act any different than your average CV user. So what else can you really expect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Try following the damn rules. That'll keep you out of trouble.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

So once in a while a user cracks up under the pressure, makes threads like these and get banned. A way to weed out the bad crop, if you will. lol, jk.

@wildvine: @sc: could explain - @renchamp: just might.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Straight-Fire

It's something you're doing wrong, bro. I'm an outspoken guy (just like you supposedly are), and I never had much trouble with the mods.

CV moderators are cool for the most part.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy is speaking generally. He likely had a beef with a mod on another website(s).

korrasami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By korrasami

Generally speaking, huh? Then why come bitching here?

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been seeing threads locked a lot more lately.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: Maybe he just wants to start a discussion? Who knows.

No Caption Provided

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: I was fairly sure if you didn't sense a disturbance on the vine that someone would've called one of you anyways...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By comicace3

Another one of these threads? A pm would have sufficed.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Saren

@thorson said:

I'm a very out spoken person on various issues. When I display my opinion the mods remove it. I've googled others with the same problem too.

Generally speaking it was not the fact that you expressed your opinion that we found fault with

It was the specific details of your opinion that were the problem

Generally speaking

Just out of hand, I remember you were warned once for bumping a bunch of Batman mismatches just to say "I hate Batman, I'm glad he loses this" over and over

Generally speaking we seek to discourage and deter similar behavior

That's generally the case, I mean

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: yes because apparently humor is more complex for a mod. It was just a joke ;)

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any specific examples of when a mod has been a kiss up, push over, disrespectful, etc? A bit of evidence to back up a claim never hurts.

If i wrote anymore details no one would have answered or read the question, so providing evidence for everything would be a waste of my time.

However, Mods are always kissing up to the Admins or to other mods with everything even if things are bias or unfair to the community. For example if you complain about an issue they'll give a snobby response like "Everything is fine. Don't like it leave"

Are you just describing renchamp?

No, I'm talking about most forums. I did say generally.

lol lock incoming .

I'm use to being censored. But i'm not talking about comicvine. I haven't even had any real issues with them YET...

@jayc1324 said:

Mods are just normal people like us. Some of them don't act any different than your average CV user. So what else can you really expect.

When your getting censored, blocked, comments removed without being offensive then you'll realize mods can be cyber bullies.

@ryagan said:

Try following the damn rules. That'll keep you out of trouble.

so stating an opinion is against the rules? Isn't that the whole purpose of commenting to state an opinion.

Generally speaking, huh? Then why come bitching here?

its the only current forum that I use that I could ask such a question. Okay Ulik?

@renchamp said:

Generally speaking, I think we have moderators that have a genuine regard for the Vine and do what they can to keep things moderate. Every time a moderator has been out of line a staff member has stepped in and reprimanded them or de-modded them. Checks and balances.

(I am totally biased.)

I wasn't talking about comicvine...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THORSON

@comicace3 said:

Another one of these threads? A pm would have sufficed.

I thought i was the first and only to notice and ask this.

@saren

I'm a very out spoken person on various issues. When I display my opinion the mods remove it. I've googled others with the same problem too.

Generally speaking it was not the fact that you expressed your opinion that we found fault with

It was the specific details of your opinion that were the problem

Generally speaking

Just out of hand, I remember you were warned once for bumping a bunch of Batman mismatches just to say "I hate Batman, I'm glad he loses this" over and over

Generally speaking we seek to discourage and deter similar behavior

That's generally the case, I mean

Why bring up something so old and forgotten?

You posted a response as if I was even talking about my 2 year old posts. I rarely even comment anymore on this site.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If this is about other websites then I can't really say anything, Comic Vine is the only place with mods that I regularly use.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Eh, although it may look different it is still a thread complaining about the mods. There are plenty of those on this site and most, if not, all get locked eventually and a mod comes in to say "Pm me" or some shit like that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@thorson said:

Why bring up something so old and forgotten?

You posted a response as if I was even talking about my 2 year old posts. I rarely even comment anymore on this site.

Then tell me specifically which mod posts you are complaining about

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 said:

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fantastic.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

I've been in trouble with moderators on more than one occasion, had threads locked and deleted multiple times and have witnessed tons of user-mod altercations. From those experiences I have learned that most of the time moderators are in the right. I used to have your idiotic "mods are evil" outlook but no, they aren't. Most of the people who have your outlook just can't follow the rules properly and are too conceited to realize the part you played in your run ins with moderators.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@renchamp said:

@thorson: Do you mind giving us some examples? As a generally speaking moderator, I see your profile and you don't have any warnings at all. What's the beef, yo?

@russellmania77: Call me out next time. I would have shown up much sooner.

Please don't say yo. Coming from you is just weird. It's like if some kids father came out to hang with his kids friends trying to spit what he thinks is the latest slang so he can fit in.

Don't make me groan and roll my eyes at you. I'll do it man! I'll do it!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@renchamp said:

Every time a moderator has been out of line a staff member has stepped in and reprimanded them or de-modded them. Checks and balances.

(I am totally biased.)

See that's just evil. You can't just say something like that without users dying to know who you're talking about and what happened. We all know you wont say anything and it'll just torture us forever.

Evil man pure evil.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just sad.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Breaking news!

Comicvine mods just purchased Marvel Comics. They will now censor what we read too!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Breaking news!

Comicvine mods just purchased Marvel Comics. They will now censor what we read too!

Damn. I guess the mods lied when they said they don't get paid for being a mod. They must make billions!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator

Its because they are nerds bro. They can't get any action in real life so they get frustrated and take out there issues on cool bros like you and me, who are chest deep in erotic potential with consenting hot people, in the real life. One time a whole bunch of them "mods" tried banning me from this website, just for threatening a user that I would kill his pets and then smear their rotten blood on their grandparents and then write racial slurs on their walls. I didn't mean there actual walls, and I wasn't even serious. I used Google and people agree with me.

Ah dammit thats a sarcastic reply yes… but its not intended to be rude. Then again if I gave a serious reply, people would accuse moderators of being too serious. If I give a friendly reply I am a pushover wimp, see its really hard to try and get the validation and favor of everyone. Its almost like no matter what you do, people will be annoyed or unhappy with it… Also what you describe generally sounds like a lot of typical interactions between people. Like some of your past behavior OP use to annoy a lot of users on this site, who use to flag you, so thats users on this site, the common man, taking issue with your behavior, personality, posting and interaction style. There are probably a lot of random everyday users you may take issue with as well. Thats the problem with "generally speaking" and just criticizing certain groups, I mean generally speaking why are Thor fans so upset he is slow and gets beat by most street levelers with above average speed? Generally speaking black people have a higher chance of being criminals right? Generally speaking, no one be offended or critical of my claims or anything. Generally speaking if you post on a comic website, your a nerd and virgin, generally speaking. Generally speaking. Not saying that about any one specifically, just my own experience which you can't reject or criticize… just generally speaking…

The best way to get to see the best in people online, and in real life is to try and avoid generalizations and treat them like individuals, and with patience and goodwill. Thats how you end up being a real cool bro chest deep in erotic potential with consenting hot people. Also good to have you back, haven't seen you post in a while.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@dernman said:
@renchamp said:

@thorson: Do you mind giving us some examples? As a generally speaking moderator, I see your profile and you don't have any warnings at all. What's the beef, yo?

@russellmania77: Call me out next time. I would have shown up much sooner.

Please don't say yo.

Loading Video...

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally speaking I think moderators moderate...

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first, I thought this was a topic about moderators who speak generally.....

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTF is this?

Why do people care about other forums?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By magnablue

@renchamp: I think I'm one of the few users on this site that likes you. You're a cool dude. People just need to stop breaking rules. :3

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

One day......................... One day.........................

No Caption Provided