Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

VS

Rules:

- 145 pound fight

- Current versions of both

- Standard MMA rules, interim belt on the line.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am gonna say Frankie Edgar would upset Conor Mcgregor... Conor has the Reach and Striking Advantage... but Frankie's Striking isn't bad plus dude is quick and keeps moving... add that with the fact that he is superior to Conor in Grappling I think he can upset that Big Mouth Irish Boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McGregor via Round 3 TKO. Don't me ask me why. I just know these things.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Frankie, great standup, excellent wrestling and top control, solid chin and endless gas tank. Terrible matchup for McGregor.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Frankie, great standup, excellent wrestling and top control, solid chin and endless gas tank. Terrible matchup for McGregor.

What's your opinion on the 2nd fight between Benson and Edgar?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@comicstooge: I was just thinking, if we get news that Aldo is injured, do you think Edgar would step in (if the fight he's supposed to have hasn't happened yet)?

As for the match I don't know. All I know is that if Conor wins next week he should give Edgar a title match before thinking of LW bouts.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: I was just thinking, if we get news that Aldo is injured, do you think Edgar would step in (if the fight he's supposed to have hasn't happened yet)?

As for the match I don't know. All I know is that if Conor wins next week he should give Edgar a title match before thinking of LW bouts.

Well, Edgar's supposed to be fighting Chad the day before, but they might replace Edgar with someone else in the top 10 if need be.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Yea I know. I heard that if Aldo gets injured, Faber might move up weight classes to fight Connor, but I find that very unlikely.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: Yea I know. I heard that if Aldo gets injured, Faber might move up weight classes to fight Connor, but I find that very unlikely.

Faber's coming off a loss and is fighting in the pre-lims. It won't happen.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Y u no answer my call out of the "CAVS you'd like to see" thread.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Y u no answer my call out of the "CAVS you'd like to see" thread.

I saw them. But first off, while my MMA knowledge is alot better than it used to be, I need to tone up a bit, and you'd probably still beat me.

Second off, two of the fighters I was thinking to use, Pettis and Uriah Hall, have glaring weakness in thier game which could be exploited, especially in a CAV setting.

Would you be willing to debate against Cyborg lol :p

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Second off, two of the fighters I was thinking to use, Pettis

For Pettis, I'd use Aldo (he's fought at lightweight before) or Khabib.

For Uriah Hall, I'd choose someone like Lyoto, who despite winning the title, is more like a gate keeper nowadays.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP.

Frankie Edgar knocked out Chad in the first round. Wow.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP.

I don't like the way the Ref stopped it. Edgar would have probably gone on to TKO him in the same round though. Impressive performance. People said that Mendes Chin has gone but TBH, he's faced two world class strikers and one of them was on short notice.

I'm not sure who wins. I just hope for Edgar's sake that McGregor loses, so he can get his Title shot as soon as possible. Because if Mcgregor wins, Dana is chasing that cash and going for that Rematch.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@comicstooge said:

BUMP.

I don't like the way the Ref stopped it. Edgar would have probably gone on to TKO him in the same round though. Impressive performance. People said that Mendes Chin has gone but TBH, he's faced two world class strikers and one of them was on short notice.

I'm not sure who wins. I just hope for Edgar's sake that McGregor loses, so he can get his Title shot as soon as possible. Because if Mcgregor wins, Dana is chasing that cash and going for that Rematch.

Edgar said that Dana promised him the next title shot no matter what. And the stoppage was fine, Mendes was literally in one of the worst possible positions and letting the fight go on longer probably would've just meant more damage for him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I know but I don't trust Dana tbh when cash is involved. Plus he'd be breaking his unofficial code of giving long standing champions immediate rematches when they lose. He can't even blame it on injury and lack of defenses and Cain was out for a long time before losing to Wedrum, and likewise gave Wedrum an interim belt like he did to Connor.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dey don't move like he moves
Dey don't tink like he tinks
He predicts deez tings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pettis vs Aldo would be interesting. Aldo needs to stop ducking the Lightweight division.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw that Edgar and Mendes fight yesterday. Although, I thought Big John stopped it early. I think Edgar would've TKO'ed him shortly after. Mendes did not look good after that shot. Much more impressive than the Conor fight. But I wouldn't say I'd give the win to Edgar. But I'd be rooting for him. That is if Conor wins tonight....

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@somayareece said:

Pettis vs Aldo would be interesting. Aldo needs to stop ducking the Lightweight division.

Moving up isn't all that common in MMA, and it's not like he's cleared out the FW division yet (he'll be one step closer tonight). He's not ducking anything, chill out with that talk.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I don't know if Pettis is going to come back the same with all the injuries he's been having.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcgregor need's more feats. ( Aldo fight would be great for this. )

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: He will be fine. He just has to pace his self and work his way back up. I can't wait to see him in January.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight definitely needs to happen before Conor considers moving up. I also wouldn't mind an Aldo rematch.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope the fight happens. I see Frankie winning it, but doubting Conor never ends well...............

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WarBlade539

@laflux said:
@comicstooge said:

BUMP.

His chin is gone. Frankie is not a KO artist by any stretch of the imagination. And Mendes isn't TKO'ing Edgar.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think Conor can KO or TKO Frankie. If anything it would be another version of the Chad fight but with a stoppage in the later rounds.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Conor can KO or TKO Frankie. If anything it would be another version of the Chad fight but with a stoppage in the later rounds.

Mmmmhmm, no. Frankie is a different fighter than Chad.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@ultrastarkiller said:

Frankie is better than Chad in a lot of areas but he would fight Conor the same. He'd try to take him down and pound him or submit him.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539 said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

Frankie is better than Chad in a lot of areas but he would fight Conor the same. He'd try to take him down and pound him or submit him.

Essentially. But his approach is completely different. For one, he's not gonna stand in front of Conor like Mendes did. He has much better and unpredictable footwork and he will be looking to dart in and out of strikes. His Boxing is better than Chad's and he's verry good at using his strikes to set up takedowns, making the shot unpredictable. Not to mention, his infamous pace and stamina...dude never gets tired and maintains almost the same pace whole 5 rounds. And, he has experience fighting bigger guys.

Frankie is a whole different animal than Chad.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Frankie has much better boxing, BJJ and cardio than Chad. He's not going to gas in two rounds like two weeks notice Chad did. Plus his chin is granite unlike Chads.

Frankie smashes Conor.

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller said:
@WarBlade539 said:
@ultrastarkiller said:

Essentially. But his approach is completely different. For one, he's not gonna stand in front of Conor like Mendes did. He has much better and unpredictable footwork and he will be looking to dart in and out of strikes. His Boxing is better than Chad's and he's verry good at using his strikes to set up takedowns, making the shot unpredictable. Not to mention, his infamous pace and stamina...dude never gets tired and maintains almost the same pace whole 5 rounds. And, he has experience fighting bigger guys.

Frankie is a whole different animal than Chad.

True enough Frankie is good. Frankie's fight with Aldo (I watched it like three days ago) actually did make me think that Frankie could be a legit challenge for Conor. I do however think that Conor's use of range and power will be too much for Frankie and I think that Conor will walk him down and back him up like every other fighter he's faced. You can probably tell I'm a big Conor fan lol

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: Frankie has much better boxing, BJJ and cardio than Chad. He's not going to gas in two rounds like two weeks notice Chad did. Plus his chin is granite unlike Chads.

Frankie smashes Conor.

Yeah he's better than Chad but his overall strategy will be the same. He'll just play it out differently cause he's more busy than Chad. I do however think that Conor's use of range and power will be too much for Frankie and I think that Conor will walk him down and back him up like every other fighter he's faced.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By laflux

@WarBlade539 stop bumping my nooby posts troll :)

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@WarBlade539 stop bumping my nooby posts troll :)

LEL!

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: How will he walk him down when he's flat on his back with Frankie on top of him?

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller: How will he walk him down when he's flat on his back with Frankie on top of him?

This. Mendes with 2 weeks of conditioning, 1 of those was spent just cutting weight, was able to take him down and pound him. Frankie's BJJ is much better than Mendes', his footwork and his striking is better, his ability to set up takedowns his better. Not to mention, his stamina and almost inhuman durability.

Edgar does get hit however and getting hit by Conor is not something he would want to do.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WarBlade539: Conor's kicks to the body did more to sap Chad Mendes energy than his two week camp.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@WarBlade539: Conor's kicks to the body did more to sap Chad Mendes energy than his two week camp.

That's because Chad provided a standing target for Conor to hit. You've got to be kidding me if you think Frankie is gonna stand in front of Conor. Footwork too good, ringcraft too good, much better at using his clinical striking to set up takedowns, better BJJ, and a better strategist in his corner.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By laflux

@WarBlade539: I agree with you. But I was just making the point that Mendes just didn't suddenly gas on his own.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@WarBlade539: I agree with you. But I was just making the point that Mendes just didn't suddenly gas on his own.

SILENCE TROLL!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are not gonna stop with that, are you? I can only imagine how unbearable that would become if Wonderboy becomes champ.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

You are not gonna stop with that, are you? I can only imagine how unbearable that would become if Wonderboy becomes champ.

About 5 times more unbearable than I would have been if Sterling finished Caraway.