FOX is thinking of switching Dr. Doom's sex.

• 135 results
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@powerherc said:

@jwwprod said:

@powerherc said:

Why not change Dr. Doom's sex? The Human Torch can be black. They can then set the movie in the Dark Ages and have the Thing be a purple snake made of light. While they're at it why not make Reed and Sue incestuous Asian twins from the future.

That would really make a good Fantastic Four movie, wouldn't it?

not.

@bezza said:

@powerherc:

and make the silver surfer orange!!

And have Galactus as a cloud......... oh wait.

Exactly! - Galactus being a cloud was a terrible idea and definitely didn't make "FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer better".

YEA! I mean Galactus was the main reason I watched FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer and when I finally saw him in the movie I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!!" I don't know what they were thinking then they made Galactus a cloud but they defiantly weren't thinking Strat! and the same thing can be said about Parallax in the Green Lantern movie oh and don't get me started on what they did to Darkseid in Smallville!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@jwwprod said:

@powerherc said:

@jwwprod said:

@powerherc said:

Why not change Dr. Doom's sex? The Human Torch can be black. They can then set the movie in the Dark Ages and have the Thing be a purple snake made of light. While they're at it why not make Reed and Sue incestuous Asian twins from the future.

That would really make a good Fantastic Four movie, wouldn't it?

not.

@bezza said:

@powerherc:

and make the silver surfer orange!!

And have Galactus as a cloud......... oh wait.

Exactly! - Galactus being a cloud was a terrible idea and definitely didn't make "FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer better".

YEA! I mean Galactus was the main reason I watched FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer and when I finally saw him in the movie I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!!!!" I don't know what they were thinking then they made Galactus a cloud but they defiantly weren't thinking Strat! and the same thing can be said about Parallax in the Green Lantern movie oh and don't get me started on what they did to Darkseid in Smallville!

I agree 100%!

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You guys think this would have improved or worsened Fan4stic?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

https://woyodotorg.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/wpid-wp-1438501372117.gif?w=620

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#107  Edited By jumpstart55

lol at this point.. I dont really care what Fox does to their Fantastic Four franchise..I,m pretty much done with those films...Unless Fox grows up and decides to panther up with Disney and give fans the films they deserve or better yet films of substantially high quality like The Avengers, Civil War, X-men first class etc.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Fantastic Four back to Marvel, they've suffered enough

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't care about that too much, but knowing FOX they're going to screw it up

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be terrible either way tbh.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They rebooting again?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By willpayton

For the next reboot they'll probably do like the new Ghostbusters, just change all the sexes around...

Ms F4nt4stic will be a straight-laced Asian female (Asians are good at math and science... get it?), the Thing will be a feisty Latina, always ready with a quick comeback or slightly off-color joke, the Human Torch will be a redhead with a short temper, but a heart of gold, and introducing The Invisible Man... the gay black man and lovable comedy relief of the "gang".

And lets not forget the villain! "Dr Doom" will actually be an app, created by a tech billionaire named Eon Dusk (imagine an evil Elon Musk/Joffrey Baratheon, will be played by Shia LaBeouf) hoping to gain world domination... of smartphones! (hey, that's a big market, ok?) The twist ending... the app actually gained sentience years ago, and replaced Dusk with a hologram (when he accidentally died after slipping on a banana peal), and has been running the company with it's goal of one day... becoming a real human with human feelings. See, it turns out the whole thing was a hilarious misunderstanding. The Fant4stick 4 thought Dusk was trying to rule the world for some evil purpose and were trying to stop him, but it turns out the app just wanted to be a real boy, and in the end everyone cries as the Invisible Man makes a poignant observation about how they're all outsiders trying to fit in in a world that doesnt understand them.

Post credit scene: Double-twist!! Turns out Dusk is not truly dead, actually his hologram also gained sentience and is now in full control of the global corporation's computer. It's revenge time!

(P.S. Call me Hollywood!! I got tons of great ideas like this.)

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Fantastic Four back to Marvel, they've suffered enough

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

You must be joking. Please, please, please tell me this is a joke.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well this turned out to be not true......so why was it bumped?

For the lulz?

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#120  Edited By TheSpoiler

Really weird to look back and see what we believed at one point.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The film has been out for over a year now. So, why bump this? We know it's not true.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The film has been out for over a year now. So, why bump this? We know it's not true.

Oh, right its an old thread. I was just now like: Yes, FOX THATS what was wrong with your previews depictions of Doctor Doom...

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Prossor_Kobras

Well this turned out to be not true......so why was it bumped?

For the lulz?

I bumped it because I expected people to look back and either say, "Huh, things could have been worse", or, "They messed up Doom so badly anyways, why not make him a woman?"

For discussion. Instead there were people who didn't check the date and a very amused MOI.

This was what I said, afterall:

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Honestly, I dont think it would have really made it any better.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras said:

Changing Dr Doom into a woman wouldn't improve the movie, and honestly wouldn't even make it worse. The entire script was a mess beyond redemption. It would make fans hate it even more since it's a very unnecessary change to a very popular character, but through an objective standpoint and seeing the movie for what it is, it adds nothing.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras said:
@prossor_kobras said:

Changing Dr Doom into a woman wouldn't improve the movie, and honestly wouldn't even make it worse. The entire script was a mess beyond redemption. It would make fans hate it even more since it's a very unnecessary change to a very popular character, but through an objective standpoint and seeing the movie for what it is, it adds nothing.

I have to say, that I would have found it to be a very stupid change, mostly because it would be redundant. We have Lucia Von Bardas, if you want an evil Lateverian woman, why not use her?

Also, as someone who didn't see the movie (I refuse to pay for it, and I'm even reluctant to pirate it because people would be making money off of the ads I would view by doing so), was this version of Doom even Latverian? I don't recall ever seeing evidence of it.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@prossor_kobras said:

I have to say, that I would have found it to be a very stupid change, mostly because it would be redundant. We have Lucia Von Bardas, if you want an evil Latverian woman, why not use her?

Also, as someone who didn't see the movie (I refuse to pay for it, and I'm even reluctant to pirate it because people would be making money off of the ads I would view by doing so), was this version of Doom even Latverian? I don't recall ever seeing evidence of it.

There was no mention of him being Latverian as far as I know, and I'm never going to revisit that movie to confirm it. And I do agree it's a dumb change regardless.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Prossor_Kobras

@prossor_kobras said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@prossor_kobras said:

I have to say, that I would have found it to be a very stupid change, mostly because it would be redundant. We have Lucia Von Bardas, if you want an evil Latverian woman, why not use her?

There was no mention of him being Latverian as far as I know, and I'm never going to revisit that movie to confirm it. And I do agree it's a dumb change regardless.

What's your favourite incarnation of Doom? In terms of a voice actor?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@prossor_kobras said:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Dr Doom. I love his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWptQr3syk

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@prossor_kobras said:
@prossor_kobras said:

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Dr Doom. I love his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWptQr3syk

I've always liked Tom Kane's version, as I feel the Germanic accent he used would be correct for him. I find that it works very well with Doom being arrogant, but less so when he's describing an intricate plan or somesuch, though.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just get Doctor Doom out of the clutches of FOX and in the MCU ? I would think the MCU could do him a lot more justice as a character. Doom would be a great reveal for the Doctor Strange movie IMO.

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just get Doctor Doom out of the clutches of FOX and in the MCU ? I would think the MCU could do him a lot more justice as a character. Doom would be a great reveal for the Doctor Strange movie IMO.

If the MCU had him all they would have done was making him forgettable than kill him off, just like they did with

• Ultron
  • Whiplash
  • Killian
  • Yellow Jacket
  • Red Skull
  • Ronan
  • Malekeith

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

If the MCU had him all they would have done was making him forgettable than kill him off, just like they did with

• Ultron
  • Whiplash
  • Killian
  • Yellow Jacket
  • Red Skull
  • Ronan
  • Malekeith

I don't know about that... they could use Doom the same way they are using Loki.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By s1ckb0y

Those boobs alone could take over the world. I like it. :)

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laidblack said:
@king_saturn said:

• Ultron
  • Whiplash
  • Killian
  • Yellow Jacket
  • Red Skull
  • Ronan
  • Malekeith

I don't know about that... they could use Doom the same way they are using Loki.

Loki, and Stane for that matter, are exceptions to a very established rule.