KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi all,

Am looking to make kinda like a veg pie with tuna or salmon

Thinking adding mushroom , sweetcorn, carrots and broccoli, tuna or salmon and topping it with sweet potato and a bit cheese took cook in oven

Need some ideas or suggestions on what other veg might work or something . I was thinking adding pineapple

Finally What type sauce you think would go well ?

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of tuna?

I ask because I usually prefer mustard on my canned tuna(But then again this is weird so you can lose the question)

Pineapple would work more as decoration I believe.

As in terms of sauce, what do you like?

By the way; both fish that you have are a lie; they might be extremely different than what you think they are.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowillwin: Not sure on type of tuna, I hardly have it. But I guess tuna with a nice texture

Can mustard work as a sauce in the dish I making u reckon ?

I was think sweet chilli style sauce. I guess something that gives the dish a smooth taste, hmmm would béchamel or

lasagna type sauce be ok to use ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7
deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wild rice is perfect for any pie or casserole especially with salmon, mushroom & sweetcorn.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ken055 said:

Hi all,

Am looking to make kinda like a veg pie with tuna or salmon

Thinking adding mushroom , sweetcorn, carrots and broccoli, tuna or salmon and topping it with sweet potato and a bit cheese took cook in oven

Need some ideas or suggestions on what other veg might work or something . I was thinking adding pineapple

Finally What type sauce you think would go well ?

I would do a Quiche. It's a like pie but you mix in the vegies with eggs. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiche

Quiche with Salmon and Spinash works well, Quiche with brocoly and chicken works also well, Quiche with bacon is fine too. But you can put it anything you'd like.

Then if you want a fun easy pie I suggest Mustard and Tomatoes tart. Pie crust, put it in your pie pan, brush mustard all over the inside of the crust. Cut your tomatoes in slices and cover the inside of the pie with them. Add some gratted cheese over the tomatoes and put in the oven.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: Thank you, I will give it a try,Don't think av had wild rice before . Should be fun ?

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: that sounds interesting two,might work better for what am trying . Btw if I added sweet potato as last layer would that still work right with quiche

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055 said:

@jb681131: that sounds interesting two,might work better for what am trying . Btw if I added sweet potato as last layer would that still work right with quiche

Why not, but whit potatoe I would do a closed pie: pie crust, sliced potatoes, sour cream, pie crust over to top, and in the oven.

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

i left this thread feeling hungry and confused.

WhoWillWin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ken055: Mustard would work if you like eating food that tastes like a mouthful of mustard(Like I do)

Chili sauce would be a good sauce for flavor and it would help to combine the vegetables/tuna together.

You could try a Bechamel sauce, but it's thick and it's suppose to be added after things are cooked, so try at you own risk.

In the end, Bechamel sauce is too thick where as lasagna is too thin, so, as said before, try at your own risk.

@jb681131: That's actually not a bad idea

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whowillwin: Mustard seems like heavy flavour. I may buy and try see if works on sample

Yea don't want like a thick sauce, guess I drop Bechamel

Else I do thai chill but with like a hint of creamy cheese.

Or season it with like a peri peri or something

Still got till morning lol so all these ideas help :)

KungFuBiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the help , it was super yummy :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no butter - 0/10.