Food can be cheap, healthy, and/or tasty. If you can only pick 2 of the 3 listed aspects, what would it be?

Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) 11 days, 14 hours ago

Poll: Food can be cheap, healthy, and/or tasty. If you can only pick 2 of the 3 listed aspects, what would it be? (29 votes)

I prefer cheap and healthy food 17%
I prefer cheap and tasty food 14%
I prefer healthy and tasty food 69%
  • Cheap: Food is affordable enough where you have more money to do other things you like
    • The opposite of cheap: Most of your budget is on food, you have less money to do other things you like
  • Healthy: If eaten in correct and recommended portions (e.g.: food pyramid, doctor recommendations, etc), you are likely to stay in good health for the long term
    • The opposite of healthy: The food portions eaten are deemed not healthy for your body for the long term
  • Tasty: Tends towards indulging your taste buds, you feel good when eating it.
    • The opposite of tasty: You do NOT feel disgusted eating the food, but it doesn't make you feel particularly great either (Besides easing your hunger pangs).

Given the above definitions, what are the two you prefer?

#1 Posted by mimisalome (5724 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and tasty.

#2 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and tasty. Worth the money.

#3 Posted by Beyond_Dreams (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheap and tasty

#4 Edited by InvadedTBD (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Cheap and Tasty.

#5 Posted by Insomnimaniac (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a rice & beans kinda guy and I can only taste salt so cheap food for me.

#6 Posted by mrmonster (16776 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy & Tasty

#7 Posted by Leonhardt (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and tasty

#8 Posted by Adamantine (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and Good.

#10 Posted by MuratDemir (519 posts) - - Show Bio

'Cheap and tasty' because I never get sick.

#11 Edited by Mortein (6068 posts) - - Show Bio

If I don't pick cheap, I will also not be able to get the other 2 characteristics.

And if I don't pick tasty, I will not eat it when I get it.

#12 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5759 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and tasty.

#13 Posted by im_late (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and tasty.

#14 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (6579 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and cheap, I guess. Good question.

#15 Posted by SC (18217 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and cheap. The world is facing all sorts of issues that we need to pour resources into, just because we don't have an adequate universal educational structure, to teach people to eat healthy. Yes, we get catchy slogans about five plus meals and pretty pictures with food pyramids or whatever, but we have a larger societal problem, around peoples mental and emotional health and dealing with issues that cause people to seek refuge in indulgent lifestyles, because it makes them "feel good", and its cheaper and its more convenient and its more accessible.

If this hypothetical could somehow make all food healthy by default somehow (which is... I mean, in reality, its not so much that "food" is healthy, its more about how much you consume, and balance that around your life/lifestyle and some foods are more efficient than others for certain purposes) then that solves a lot of problems magically and could free up a lot of resources including financial for other problems. You are also going to deny most people of the small luxuries and pleasures of eating tasty foods, which sucks, but thats better than killing off all poor people and or creating a planet where everyone suffers under poor health.

#16 Posted by jagernutt (17805 posts) - - Show Bio

Health and tasty

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#17 Posted by IndomitableRegal (17349 posts) - - Show Bio

Healthy and cheap, though I've never cooked anything that didn't taste good...because I'm nice like that lol.

#18 Posted by Wut (7438 posts) - - Show Bio

Tasty has to be one. I'm not eating some bland bars or mush that is 'healthy and cheap'.

The other... mehhhhhhhhhhh, healthy I suppose? Cheap works as well though as cheap would imply there was a massive influx of food which would go ways to solving problems.

#19 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

This poll is like asking would I rather have a pistol with an extended clip, a pistol with a scope, or a rifle with both. Lmao.

#20 Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

This poll is like asking would I rather have a pistol with an extended clip, a pistol with a scope, or a rifle with both. Lmao.

I don't understand the comparison?

#21 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (5093 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by lobotomisi (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@lobotomisi: They're no brainers.

Unless you are wealthy enough to not to worry about food, all 3 choices are debatable.

#23 Edited by ninetoadclown (94 posts) - - Show Bio

if wingstop hot wings were somehow as healthy as a dry salad I would be all over it