waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2

Space is not space.

It’s the Etherium. It’s like a bizarre hybrid of space, ocean and air. That is why there is wind and life in it and why you can breath.

Jim is tying knots after Mr. Arrow’s death.

When Silver finds Jim in order to give him a peptalk, Jim is tying knots. He thinks that Arrow died because he did not tie the ropes properly, but he KNOWS that he tied them properly. So he sits with a piece of rope that he ties around his own fingers to see if he can or can’t tie a proper knot to make sense of what just happened.

Captain Amelia and Doppler's romance is built on intellect.

Despite them seeming like opposites(not JUST because they are a cat and a dog) they are extremely similar since they are both brilliant creatures. It is because they can recognize and be impressed by each other’s intellect that they fall for each other.

Silver is a dark reflection of what Jim COULD be.

They are both obsessed with finding the treasure. Jim is a troubled young man who feels like he has no direction despite being smart enough to build a ship from scraps and fly it perfectly. All he has is an old dream about finding a fairy-tale treasure. So when he realizes that the treasure is real, he decides to find it.

It has been made clear that Silver became a cyborg by hunting the treasure for years. The way he bitterly talks about “giving up a few things” indicates that he gave up more than just body parts, leading him to be an old mean pirate. He is essentially what Jim COULD have become if someone hadn’t seen something good in him and given him a whole lot of discipline and tough love. Something only Silver(ironically enough) could have given him since he is a figure Jim genuinely respects.

The symbolism when Silver saved Jim.

Silver desperately holds on the ship with the treasure with his robot arm that he gained by hunting for said treasure. He reaches for Jim with his organic arm that represents what is left of his humanity and decency. He closes his robot eye as he looks at Jim with his organic one when he decides that Jim is more important.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: Wow, I might have to rewatch this thing. I haven't seen it since I was a child, but that might have to change.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Zetsu-San

@waezi2: Have you watched Black Flag? It's a prequel series to the children's novel that this movie is based on, but like... with GoT levels of tits and gore.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was expecting something more illicit like subliminal depiction of the word "sex" or picture of a topless woman

or some run of the mill "illuminati/luciferian symbolism"

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@waezi2: if you did then i don't remember it

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By amazing_webhead

@mimisalome: if that first one is referring to The Lion King, it was actually "SFX"

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By waezi2
@amazing_webhead said:

@mimisalome: if that first one is referring to The Lion King, it was actually "sFx"

Just telling what space is called in the movie. It is a fantasy version of space where you can breath and alien whales swim/fly around and shit.

IT'S AWESOME!

@mrmonster said:

@waezi2: Wow, I might have to rewatch this thing. I haven't seen it since I was a child, but that might have to change.

You should. THIS SCENE is ten times better when you are an older teen/adult:

Loading Video...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takenstew22  Moderator

You just made one of my favorite childhood movies even better.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread make this movie ten times better

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You just made one of my favorite childhood movies even better.

@el_mago said:

this thread make this movie ten times better

That's because Im a dork who is SUPER good at noticing details.

But really, this movie has a ton of awesome details

Like that the treasure planet is glowing green light, and that when they get close to it, you can see green-ish light in the ship.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:
@mrmonster said:

You should. THIS SCENE is ten times better when you are an older teen/adult:

Loading Video...

I don't think the video loaded right.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Hope it works now.

What is really great here is how Jim, now thinking of Silver as his friend, stops thinking of him as a freaky robot person but as someone who has lost an arm, a leg and god knows what. Someone who might be in pain daily.

And the fact that Silver hesitates to answer Jim as he looks at his mechanical arm could both be a sign of sorrow and regret.

AND Silver's amazing line: "You give up a few things, chasing a dream"... So good! It says so much about what kind of man Silver is.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: It works fine now. And yes, that was a really good scene.

Maybe Disney should reimagine more literary classics as epic sci-fi. I for one would love to see Robinson Crusoe shipwrecked on an alien planet, or maybe Heart of Darkness set on a space colony.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Captain Amelia is my waifu

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I noticed the three in the middle. Well, I noticed there was wind in space, but yeah that it fits the outdated science theory of etherium slipped my mind.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its crazy how I always felt i was in the minority of people who like treasure planet , the movie has alot of complex themes that most CANNOT understand , im glad we share the same love :)

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never heard of something called "Treasure Planet" in my entire life. I'm too much of a zoomer, I guess.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By waezi2
@lan_fan said:

Never heard of something called "Treasure Planet" in my entire life. I'm too much of a zoomer, I guess.

You should check it out.

@waezi2: Captain Amelia is my waifu

Naturally

@waezi2: It works fine now. And yes, that was a really good scene.

Maybe Disney should reimagine more literary classics as epic sci-fi. I for one would love to see Robinson Crusoe shipwrecked on an alien planet, or maybe Heart of Darkness set on a space colony.

Maybe not ALL of them since that would be a bit repetitive. But Crusoe lost on a planet is not a bad idea.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazing_webhead: @takenstew22: @el_mago: @mrmonster: @whathappened: @stahlflamme: @darkonast: @lan_fan:

One more thing:

This movie is VERY different from most Disney movies for several reasons. But one MAYOR difference is the lack of songs.

Seriously, this movie has ONE song. But it is a great one as we see Jim finally getting set right by a tough guy he begrudgingly respects and later learns to actually likes.

ALSO, the fact that we do not learn what Jim's father looks like gives us the idea that Jim barely remembers him, but that makes the loss even worse. Sure, he left like a coward, he didn't die, but Jim still lost him.

Loading Video...

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't notice the entire movie.

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers