Favorite Godzilla suit/design?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

takenstew22  Moderator

Poll Favorite Godzilla suit/design? (28 votes)

1954 4%
1955 0%
1962 7%
1964 0%
1965-1966 0%
1967 0%
1968-1972 0%
1973-1975 4%
1984 0%
1989-1991 4%
1992 0%
1993 0%
1994 0%
1995 (Burning) 0%
1998 4%
1999-2000 0%
2001 0%
2002-2003 4%
2004 4%
2014-2019 (Legendary) 54%
2016 (Shin) 18%

Which one is your favorite? Mine is 1962.

ShodaiGoji Suit (1954)

No Caption Provided

GyakushuGoji Suit (1955)

No Caption Provided

KinGoji Suit (1962)

No Caption Provided

MosuGoji Suit (1964)

No Caption Provided

DaisensoGoji Suit (1965-1966)

No Caption Provided

MusukoGoji Suit (1967)

No Caption Provided

SoshingekiGoji Suit (1968-1972)

No Caption Provided

MegaroGoji Suit (1973-1975)

No Caption Provided

84Goji Suit (1984)

No Caption Provided

BioGoji/GhidoGoji Suit (1989-1991)

No Caption Provided

BatoGoji Suit (1992)

No Caption Provided

RadoGoji Suit (1993)

No Caption Provided

MogeGoji Suit (1994)

No Caption Provided

DesuGoji Suit (1995) AKA Burning Godzilla

No Caption Provided

Zilla (1998)

No Caption Provided

MireGoji Suit (1999-2000)

No Caption Provided

SokogekiGoji Suit (2001)

No Caption Provided

KiryuGoji Suit (2002-2003)

No Caption Provided

FinalGoji Suit (2004)

No Caption Provided

Legendary Goji (2014-2019)

No Caption Provided

Shin Goji (2016)

No Caption Provided

• 
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 takenstew22  Moderator
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily Legendary. Oh and the 2014 and 2019 have differences:

No Caption Provided

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

Easily Legendary. Oh and the 2014 and 2019 have differences:

No Caption Provided

Yeah but besides the size and dorsal plates they're pretty much the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7e2f86da4c4
deactivated-5e7e2f86da4c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1954 and 2014 are the best. I like 2000 as well. Also shout out to 1998 because I love that monster design but it's not a great Godzilla design.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most iconic/memorable ones for me are 54, of course, 92, 02-03, Shin, and the Legendary design/s.

02-03 is probably my favorite though, followed by 92.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either 2014-2019

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nwname  Moderator

2019 or 2014. 2019 is a bit better imo. I also had 2000 as favorite for a long time.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2014-2019. the design is absolutely beautiful and well made.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers are back?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2014-2019

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2014-2019

Avatar image for deactivated-66376b8b3c92c
deactivated-66376b8b3c92c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2014/2019.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legendary looks beautifully monstrous

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin's my favorite, followed by millenium.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec33c1c27dbe
deactivated-5ec33c1c27dbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

99-00 That's when I started watching Godzilla, so that's what he is in my mind.While Legendary is great and modern. Burning Godzilla looks so cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with Shin, but 1954 really needed someone much taller to fit the suit properly.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like a turd in everything but the recent movies.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 takenstew22  Moderator

@mainjp said:

He looks like a turd in everything but the recent movies.

Oh come on. Atleast from Hesei to recent he looks good.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GMK.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll always have a soft pot for the Godzilla of my youth, MegaroGoji. This was the Godzilla I fell in love with, the one that turned me into a lifelong fan of the franchise.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 takenstew22  Moderator

Bump.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heisei by a lot. Specifically, BioGoji ('89) and GhidoGoji ('91). I love the eyes on those versions.

Otherwise, maybe Minus One, the '64 and '74-'75 suits, and the other Heisei variations. Legendary is hella wanked here for some reason. It might barely scratch my top 10 tbh. Looking at the design changes, I almost prefer the 2014 look to how they updated it. I think changing his spines might've been a mistake, as the original spikier ones made him stand out more next to other designs. Also, he somehow looks less chubby before than he does after.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ArranVid2

My favourite is the 1954 original one I think. It was supposed to look like an abomination that represents the atomic bomb and the devastation the atomic bombs caused. It has the keloid scar-like skin (many of the Japanese victims of the atomic bombs had keloid scars caused by the atomic bomb during World War 2), and 1954 Gojira's head is intentionally designed to be like the mushroom cloud shape that comes after an atomic bomb explodes, and I like the shape of 1954 Gojira's sharp teeth, and I like the scary eyes, and I like the ears.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heisei by a lot. Specifically, BioGoji ('89) and GhidoGoji ('91). I love the eyes on those versions.

Otherwise, maybe Minus One, the '64 and '74-'75 suits, and the other Heisei variations. Legendary is hella wanked here for some reason. It might barely scratch my top 10 tbh. Looking at the design changes, I almost prefer the 2014 look to how they updated it. I think changing his spines might've been a mistake, as the original spikier ones made him stand out more next to other designs. Also, he somehow looks less chubby before than he does after.

I agree with you about the Legendary design being hella wanked. Personally, the Legendary design might be one of my least liked designs out of all the Gojira designs. The Legendary design has gills and the face of Legendary Gojira looks more like a normal dinosaur-like face that you would see in real life...and it doesn't really have the keloid-scar skin that many Japanese Gojiras seem to have, and I don't like Legendary Gojira's feet compared to the feet of the Japanese Gojiras. Then again, Legendary Gojira is different in origin to many of the Japanese Gojiras, since Legendary Gojira is a natural ancient alpha predator that never had a storyline based on being mutated by the atomic bombs and that never had a motive of revenge against people for the atomic bomb suffering it got...the storylines of the Japanese Gojiras are very different to the storyline of the Legendary Gojira...so I can see why Legendary Gojira has a different physical appearance to the Japanese Gojiras. In my opinion, the 1954 Gojira, Heisei Gojiras and Millennium Gojiras all have better designs than Legendary Gojira. Legendary Gojira, in my opinion, only has a better design than some of the silly-looking Showa Era designs that came after the 1954 film.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid2: It's definitely a good design (at least imo), just not one of the best. I kinda like the gills, adding to the aquatic nature of the monster, and the head is really powerful-looking and intimidating. The skin is somewhat reminiscent of the keliod scars, though obviously not as much as other versions. The feet are definitely kinda wonky, and I miss how his tail became super thin and sharp at the end.

It is interesting looking at how different his origin really is compared to the other adaptations. The way he's depicted showcases him as always this hulking giant beast, that naturally feeds on radiation. The nukes are more like food to him than a manner of painful transformation.

Some of the mid-Showa designs are my least favorites. Goji's face is all wrong there imo. He looks really ugly or goofy, and not in a good way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These just look... ew.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@a_fine_edition: The Mechagodzilla suit is the only late showa design I actually like. It's basically the 1973 suit but far more menacing and badass.

No Caption Provided
scarlet_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By scarlet_death  Moderator

Shin because of the shear coolness of this Godzilla's concept. It was literally metamorphosing to counter each threat it was encountering while showing you every painful step in the way. Plus, humanoid Godzillas is a rad idea.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: agreed. I do like MegaroGoji as well, mostly because he's just the same suit as the '74-'75 films, but a different color. He's got a much friendlier look that really fits the movie he's in.

No Caption Provided

Him shaking hands with Jet Jaguar is always gonna be an iconic moment.

No Caption Provided

That and the sliding dropkick lmao

No Caption Provided

Subline_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minus One

No Caption Provided

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin because of the shear coolness of this Godzilla's concept. It was literally metamorphosing to counter each threat it was encountering while showing you every painful step in the way. Plus, humanoid Godzillas is a rad idea.

I personally used to think that the humanoid Godzilla stuff that came from Shin Gojira's tail was very cringy and I really did not like the idea...I kind of hated the idea. And I did also think that all those different evolution forms that Shin Gojira went through were all cringy...the Shin Gojira movie looks a lot like something from Evangelion instead of Gojira. But now the designs of Shin Gojira (its evolution forms, including the human gojias) are things that I am starting to like and appreciate. I still don't like the Shin Gojira movie that much though...and overall, I think I still don't like the design of the Gojira evolutions in the Shin Gojira film. I think I prefer the other film versions that just have his one dinosaur-like upright form.

ArranVid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid2: It's definitely a good design (at least imo), just not one of the best. I kinda like the gills, adding to the aquatic nature of the monster, and the head is really powerful-looking and intimidating. The skin is somewhat reminiscent of the keliod scars, though obviously not as much as other versions. The feet are definitely kinda wonky, and I miss how his tail became super thin and sharp at the end.

It is interesting looking at how different his origin really is compared to the other adaptations. The way he's depicted showcases him as always this hulking giant beast, that naturally feeds on radiation. The nukes are more like food to him than a manner of painful transformation.

Some of the mid-Showa designs are my least favorites. Goji's face is all wrong there imo. He looks really ugly or goofy, and not in a good way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These just look... ew.

Yes, those images are what I had in mind when I said that I didn't like some of the Showa Era Gojira designs :D

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By arctika

I mean just about every look he's pretty cool, though not a huge fan of Shin due to the ultra tiny T-Rex arms.

I love the original so 54, Godzilla Final Wars look, Legendary(technically 3 different looks now as he keeps changing) and Minus One. I also like most of the 80's and 90's look of Godzilla.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zilla

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By A_FINE_EDITION

Now that I think about it again, I'd also include BatoGoji from '92.

No Caption Provided

Some of the later Heisei suits look either too bulky or too skinny in comparison to earlier ones, so I might not mention them (still love the overall look). DesuGoji is another phenomenal design as well.

No Caption Provided

My only overall gripe with Heisei is how they changed the roar after '91. I liked the more guttural, gritty growling sound from the first 3 movies in the Heisei era. Made him sound more intimidating and animalistic imo, making his amoral tendencies more pronounced as a result. Although DesuGoji has some unique roars that sound like he's in pain just by roaring, which is a really cool detail.