Ever boxed a person bare knuckle who just relentlessly targeted your arms or vice versa?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7
deactivated-5b0a7ade504a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't box but I was thinking about Ip Man's fight with Twister & it makes perfect sense as a viable tactic.

I mean a hit to the bicep at the right angle hurts like a bitch & if you have the knowledge to know EXACTLY what your hitting i.e. nerves, tendons and ligaments & the striking accuracy and reflexes to actually nail them you could seriously do some crippling damage to an arm.

carnage-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: most people who don't train martial arts will try to bum rush with face shots. unless your quick with the punch,or don't feel like the fight will be over in the first minute than it's best to aim for the jaw or the gut. Ever been hit in the liver before? Don't feel good period but it's hard to recover the first time around quick enough

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wut

Back in middle school during one of those 'bodies' games, I did. He kept backing off whenever I closed in, but I had a reach advantage, and he kept getting just close enough for me to tag his right arm [due to the way he kept positioning himself towards me].

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was a Tae Kwon Do practitioner so we don't box per say, but one of the biggest things we're taught is to target areas more vulnerable and closer in reach than others. I guess in some of the matches I had, I was always targeting a certain area that was closer to land a kick, but since we weren't experienced, we just tried to outdo each other. It was just to see who can land more kicks in the vital areas, almost like scoring points.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Target arms for joint locks, it’s easy to mess someone’s wrist, shoulder, or arm up if they’re inexperienced, if you’re boxing your targets are the midsection and head. Against someone who doesn’t know how to fight, there’s a really good chance he’ll be turned around at some point in the scrap and that’s when you can wallop him really good in the kidneys and liver, that’ll put anyone down. Don’t aim for arms in boxing, there’s a reason why you keep them up, to cover your more vulnerable areas. Aiming for arms will likely just open you up to being KO’d.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Target arms for joint locks, it’s easy to mess someone’s wrist, shoulder, or arm up if they’re inexperienced, if you’re boxing your targets are the midsection and head. Against someone who doesn’t know how to fight, there’s a really good chance he’ll be turned around at some point in the scrap and that’s when you can wallop him really good in the kidneys and liver, that’ll put anyone down. Don’t aim for arms in boxing, there’s a reason why you keep them up, to cover your more vulnerable areas. Aiming for arms will likely just open you up to being KO’d.

Are you one of those guys who thinks Hapkido is garbage against a Boxer?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phillip33

@ughwhateverfine: no I think they both have their applications in a street fight and both have their strengths and weaknesses but I’m talking about basic joint locks, things that are not complex and not difficult to put into practice, I’m a boxer and have experience boxing, but I don’t know that much about hapkido... how’d you infer that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: no I think they both have their applications in a street fight and both have their strengths and weaknesses but I’m talking about basic joint locks, things that are not complex and not difficult to put into practice... how’d you infer that?

Okay so your talking basic rookie cop take down stuff? Yeah I'd favor a dude who spends a good deal of time in a boxing gym over a lone rookie cop in H2H. Usually it'll take about six of 'em to take that guy down.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a reserved fighter I wait and wait, so even if someone rushes I'll casually avoid/runaway until I have an advantage

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so your talking basic rookie cop take down stuff? Yeah I'd favor a dude who spends a good deal of time in a boxing gym over a lone rookie cop in H2H. Usually it'll take about six of 'em to take that guy down.

Which is why rookie cops carry tasers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:
@ughwhateverfine said:

Which is why rookie cops carry tasers.

Until they meet that guy who can casually tank one & I've seen it.

Because of the Hannibal novel I got the bright idea to insert a cattle prod into an orifice & took that like a champ. Only around 10,000 volts but I think I could take 50,000.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: Lol oh, yes, another person that is in the, 'Bah, I could handle a taser' until they are tazed camp.

The vast majority of 'God, tanked it like a boss!' is because one of the prongs missed or didn't get in which means the current isn't flowing through the circuit. I know, crazy, wish it was something cooler then that but that is the truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@ughwhateverfine: Lol oh, yes, another person that is in the, 'Bah, I could handle a taser' until they are tazed camp.

The vast majority of 'God, tanked it like a boss!' is because one of the prongs missed or didn't get in which means the current isn't flowing through the circuit. I know, crazy, wish it was something cooler then that but that is the truth.

I've never taken a fully loaded police taser but my buddy did multiple times (self inflicted just showing everyone he could) so this other idiot thought he could & jumped about 2 feet up & 4 feet forward & hit the ground stiff as a board. God that was funny!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: Yes. Because they work. Unless you are on pain-deadening drugs or it doesn't complete the circuit.

If the taser fails, they have guns.

And I'm about to let you in on the biggest secret of the century...

But guns are better then fist. Don't tell anyone that secret.

Now, the reason you see youtube videos about one guy being taken down by multiple police, isn't because they need multiple police because that guy was 'just so tough and dangerous' but because the police aren't dumb and want to be safe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: But if I'm not mistaken fists deflect bullets. Am I wrong?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: Only if you are in an Anime, Comicbook, Movie, Book, Dream or Daydream.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@ughwhateverfine: Only if you are in an Anime, Comicbook, Movie, Book, Dream or Daydream.

Hang on though! Jim Carrey really caught that bullet in his teeth in Ace Ventura right? If not what have I been striving for?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine: You could never be Ace Ventura. We both know you aren't cool enough. No one is cool enough.

Deal with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@ughwhateverfine: You could never be Ace Ventura. We both know you aren't cool enough. No one is cool enough.

Deal with it.

I'll probably never be quite as cool but I can try can't I? Maybe become "almost as cool"?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@ughwhateverfine: No.

Ace Ventura/Ash Williams are unapproachably awesome.

Maybe your right but speaking of Ash I may nonetheless give myself The Circular Saw Hand as in Evil Dead: Hail to the King.

That game wasn't so bad, Why did everyone hate it so much?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

Maybe your right but speaking of Ash I may nonetheless give myself The Circular Saw Hand as in Evil Dead: Hail to the King.

Because a Circular Saw hand will simply never be as cool as a Chainsaw hand. I don't write the rules, I just lay 'em down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine said:
@wut said:

Because a Circular Saw hand will simply never be as cool as a Chainsaw hand. I don't write the rules, I just lay 'em down.

Never aesthetically but functionally a Circular Saw is leagues better.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@ughwhateverfine said:
@wut said:

I'm forced to disagree. A chainsaw can do much more damage from a greater distance. Just my opinion though. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I used to be a boxer, I still do boxing as an extracurricular activity/for recreation, it is best to go for the ribs/liver. If someone were to focus my arms, it would be like hitting a steel wall, it wouldn't even get to that point, because while he is trying to hit the arms, I would hit the face. as for IP man, I am sorry to break it to you, but a trained boxer/mma fighter would destroy your traditional kung fu practitioner in less than 10 seconds, that mumbo-jumbo is not effective in the competitive scene, it is still good against the average person I would assume. so there is no reason why you should not practice, it is probably a good way to lead a healthy life too.

Liver shot is by far my favorite technique, It is an awesome way to neutralize someone, it is the near-death experience ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ughwhateverfine said:
@heroup2112 said:
@ughwhateverfine said:
@wut said:

I'm forced to disagree. A chainsaw can do much more damage from a greater distance. Just my opinion though. :)

For a while but a chainsaw is gonna get all gucked up & probably burn out before it's even out of fuel & that's only if the chain last that long.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@ughwhateverfine said:
@heroup2112 said:
@ughwhateverfine said:
@wut said:

For a while but a chainsaw is gonna get all gucked up & probably burn out before it's even out of fuel & that's only if the chain last that long.

This is a good point, but the same holds true for a circular saw. They bind up really quickly just from sawdust or from the wood pinching the blade two hard. Can you imagine if gore got thrown up into the axle or the blade his bone? I suppose it's sort of six of one, half dozen of the other, I'm just saying the chainsaw has more reach and can potentially do a lot more damage in a shorter amount of time.

Though honestly I was kidding around to begin with. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't. I take my saw hands very seriously!

Dang it! I always try to make a point to describe things a "Groovy" but I always forget.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

I wasn't. I take my saw hands very seriously!

Dang it! I always try to make a point to describe things a "Groovy" but I always forget.

lmao My only REAL experience is with circular saws, I only have limited experience with chain saws to be very honest. My brother in law is a wiz with them and I've seen him use them a lot. I WILL however defer to your greater experience/knowledge in the matter EXCEPT to say the chainsaw looks more groovy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: My expertise is in breaking chainsaws, I'm kinda ashamed to say in all my years of logging & landscaping I have yet to learn how to work on small motors.....or big ones.

But Boy O' Boy can I break 'em!

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: My expertise is in breaking chainsaws, I'm kinda ashamed to say in all my years of logging & landscaping I have yet to learn how to work on small motors.....or big ones.

But Boy O' Boy can I break 'em!

lol Breaking Bad :)