makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By makhai

Introduction:

Greetings all. Today marks the beginning of the official Pokemon League for the Comicvine Region. This will be an ongoing League with several different tournaments throughout the year. All tournaments will be hosted on Pokemon Showdown for the sake of convenience. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.

No Caption Provided

General Rules:

To register in a tournament, you must have read the rules for the active tournament and you must make a trainer card. Trainer cards can be made at Pokecharms or other similar sites. Where you make the card is not important, it just needs to be 245x171 pixels, have a trainer sprite, and have your team of pokemon on it. You may NOT place badges on it unless you have beaten a tournament in my league.

Finally, the victor of each match must save and provide links to view their victory, or else it will not be counted and you will have to battle again to advance through the tournament. Showdown has an option for this at the conclusion of each match, so this is not a difficult requirement to fulfill.

(Current) Second Tournament of the CV Pokemon League: (April 23, 2016)

Rules:

• Interested players will PM me a list of several of their top choices for their first pokemon.
  • Format will be OU.
  • The only limitations are the limitations placed by Showdown.
  • All pokemon must be level 100.
  • You must have a roster of 6 pokemon
  • You must differentiate between mega evolution and regular pokemon when sending me your choices.
  • The draft will determine your pokemon.

First Tournament of the CV Pokemon League: (Mar 26, 2016)

Rules:

• There is a draft for pokemon that will take place AFTER the signup stage.
  • The pokemon format for this tournament will be Generation 6, OU (overused). You may use any and all pokemon within the OU or below.
  • You must have a roster of 6 pokemon.
  • A pokemon may not be in the tournament twice.
  • All pokemon will be at level 100.
  • A maximum of one mega evolution per trainer team.
  • You have a base stat limit for your team of 2,500 shared points. This means that if you pick a pokemon in your draft that has 500 base stat points, you only have 2,000 points remaining to spread among your team.
  • Mega evolution pokemon must be counted by their mega evolution base stats, not their unevolved form stats. For example, if you choose Mega-Blastoise on your team as your first pick, your shared base stat points is reduced by 630 points, not 530 points.
  • Each round will allow for one week for all participants to fight their opponents. Plenty of time for even the most busy person.

The Draft:

The draft is the stage where you will choose your pokemon team. Again, a pokemon can only be present once in this tournament, so if someone chooses Arcanine, you may not have Arcanine in your team. Mega evolution is treated as a separate pokemon. So if you choose Blastoise, someone else may still choose to have Mega-Blastoise. Keep in mind, however, that you cannot choose to equip your pokemon with a mega evolution stone if you did not choose the mega form in the draft.

Signup List:

This is the list of all participants in the tournament:

1. Soulsexodus
  2. HigorM
  3. Lunacyde
  4. JohnCena69Swag
  5. TheTrueBarryAllen
  6. Flash1812
  7. The Seeffiss17
  8. Jaken7
No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

In.

Gotta defend this belt!

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In.

Gotta google gen 6 now lol

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is dope, I have no idea how this works though..

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killerravens

So in

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome! I may be able to do this depending on the timing.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By makhai

This looks awesome! I may be able to do this depending on the timing.

Battles generally take a matter of minutes to perform and I typically give each round a week to complete. That means you would have a week to find time for a 5 minute battle. If you think that is something you can do, I certainly need more participants.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Ok then. I'd love to sign up!

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag: Sweet. If you have any friends who would like to compete with you, tag them in here.

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

Yes, more souls to consume!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm yes I'll sign up again

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: What are the rules on moves and items? I assume the rules are the same as Smogon OU, but am not clear. It really wouldnt be fair if there was stuff running around like moody Bidoofs, swagger Klefki's, Soul Dew Lati@s and minimising Chanseys

Also il sign up

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: What are the rules on moves and items? I assume the rules are the same as Smogon OU, but am not clear. It really wouldnt be fair if there was stuff running around like moody Bidoofs, swagger Klefki's, Soul Dew Lati@s and minimising Chanseys

Also il sign up

I default to Smogon rules. If there are specific combinations that you think are unfair though, I will review them on a case by case basis and decide whether or not to ban them from the tournament. However, I think that any issues should be brought up prior to drafts, because some people might have strategies impacted by additional restrictions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@decaf_wizard said:

Also il sign up

I default to Smogon rules. If there are specific combinations that you think are unfair though, I will review them on a case by case basis and decide whether or not to ban them from the tournament. However, I think that any issues should be brought up prior to drafts, because some people might have strategies impacted by additional restrictions.

Ok, seems fair. I guess I would like to see luck based strategies banned, mainly because I find them annoying and unfair RNG (strats that are impossible to counter if RNG does not work in your favor like attract/confuse ray+prankster)

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By makhai

@decaf_wizard: I can understand that. When we had our gen 1 tournament, I saw several users paralyzed and wrapped for several rounds and I could almost sense the frustration through my screen. I don't like the idea of banning annoying strategies because annoying strategies increases the challenge and the diversity of the game. I personally don't see how prankster giving priority to a move like attract is any different than abilities that do the same thing upon switch ins. I do appreciate you asking though, I do want a chance to make the game as fun as possible for every participant.

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Sign me up,promise to be more active

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we gonna get the cool ID cards this time, too?

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh.

I'd never agree to this if I had to do anything myself!

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@makhai: Seems really fun, incredible simulator. Count me in.

Now I just have to learn competitive Pokemon... Lmao.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the-seeffiss17: Not everyone needs to be some hardcore meta-gamer. Just people wanting to have a fun pokemon battle is absolutely welcome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear to god If I see one Landorus-T in this tourney

No Caption Provided

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulsexodus: Landorus is just annoying. He is overused AF and its basically required to have a counter for him on every team, whether or not you are playing by Smogon OU rules or VGC rules. Lol at smogon banning things like Ageislash and Greninja to ubers instead of him

Gen 5 was funny, rain and sand teams were romping all over everthing else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulsexodus: Its not a thing anymore, but remember SubToxic Gliscor? That thing made me want to tear my hair out, it was the bane of my Gen 5 existance

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Yeah I loved Pokemon as a kid and I've come to respect it as more than what a played as a kid and it's competitive scene through being apart of other competitive games. So seeing this makes me want to be a part of it and perhaps pick up the metagame. I heard about the competitive aspect because somewhere I saw that they gave scholarships out for competitive Pokemon and looked into the scene a little bit. Just never actually learned how to be good at it... Lol.

I'm not complete trash though, I understand EV/ IV's, super effectives, etc. Haha...

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Yeah I loved Pokemon as a kid and I've come to respect it as more than what a played as a kid and it's competitive scene through being apart of other competitive games. So seeing this makes me want to be a part of it and perhaps pick up the metagame. I heard about the competitive aspect because somewhere I saw that they gave scholarships out for competitive Pokemon and looked into the scene a little bit. Just never actually learned how to be good at it... Lol.

I'm not complete trash though, I understand EV/ IV's, super effectives, etc. Haha...

I'm still new to meta-gaming myself. I'm not quite where I can calculate stats in my head though lol.

@edamame said:

I apologize for the irrelevant post, but is Makhai actually Erik?

Yes.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't play much competitive pokemon so I just have a quick question. What does this mean?

• You have a base stat limit for your team of 2,500 shared points. This means that if you pick a pokemon in your draft that has 500 base stat points, you only have 2,000 points remaining to spread among your team.

What do the points mean?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag: Pretty sure one stat in a Pokemon's base stat total is equal to one point. All your Pokemons stat totals must equal 2500 or less.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By makhai

@johncena69swag said:

I don't play much competitive pokemon so I just have a quick question. What does this mean?

What do the points mean?

Good question for those unfamiliar with stats.

@the-seeffiss17 said:

@johncena69swag: Pretty sure one stat in a Pokemon's base stat total is equal to one point. All your Pokemons stat totals must equal 2500 or less.

You are correct.

No Caption Provided

The number I highlighted on Bulbasaur is the base stats that would draw from your team's pool of 2,500 points. So if you chose Bulbasaur as your first pokemon, you will only have 2,182 points left to spread among the rest of your team. This is not a rule that you will find in most competitions, it is a rule that I added to make things more challenging for the tournament. You have to use a lot of strategy AND it prevents all the top OU pokemon from being used that you always see in tournaments. There just aren't enough points to share to give a whole team strong stats.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess the trick is, you gotta make the teams OP while having low BST. I can easily think of 4 OU mons that have BST of 500 or less

Already making my team

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: @the-seeffiss17:

Ok thanks for the help you guys!

My pleasure.

@edamame said:
@makhai said:
@edamame said:

I apologize for the irrelevant post, but is Makhai actually Erik?

Yes.

Oh. Cool. I thought you were really busy with medical school. :)

I am finishing my undergrad this semester. Then it will be the struggle of getting accepted into medical school.

Well I guess the trick is, you gotta make the teams OP while having low BST. I can easily think of 4 OU mons that have BST of 500 or less

Already making my team

I hope someone doesn't ruin your plans by taking one of your pokemon before you do lol.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde@soulsexodus@joey_destroyer_of_worlds@killerravens@johncena69swag@monarch_chronicle@impurestcheese@thetruebarryallen@decaf_wizard@flash1812@the-seeffiss17

I am planning on starting the draft Wednesday around 8 pm (pacific time). I would like to have a total of 16 participants for this tournament and we currently only have 11. If we can't reach 16, then I will have to be creative about elimination to make it fair. If you know anyone that would be willing to play, let them know about this thing. If not, I will still start the draft on Wednesday.