Greetings all. Today marks the beginning of the official Pokemon League for the Comicvine Region. This will be an ongoing League with several different tournaments throughout the year. All tournaments will be hosted on Pokemon Showdown for the sake of convenience. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
To register in a tournament, you must have read the rules for the active tournament and you must make a trainer card. Trainer cards can be made at Pokecharms or other similar sites. Where you make the card is not important, it just needs to be 245x171 pixels, have a trainer sprite, and have your team of pokemon on it. You may NOT place badges on it unless you have beaten a tournament in my league.
Finally, the victor of each match must save and provide links to view their victory, or else it will not be counted and you will have to battle again to advance through the tournament. Showdown has an option for this at the conclusion of each match, so this is not a difficult requirement to fulfill.
(Current) Second Tournament of the CV Pokemon League: (April 23, 2016)
- Interested players will PM me a list of several of their top choices for their first pokemon.
- Format will be OU.
- The only limitations are the limitations placed by Showdown.
- All pokemon must be level 100.
- You must have a roster of 6 pokemon
- You must differentiate between mega evolution and regular pokemon when sending me your choices.
- The draft will determine your pokemon.
First Tournament of the CV Pokemon League: (Mar 26, 2016)
- There is a draft for pokemon that will take place AFTER the signup stage.
- The pokemon format for this tournament will be Generation 6, OU (overused). You may use any and all pokemon within the OU or below.
- You must have a roster of 6 pokemon.
- A pokemon may not be in the tournament twice.
- All pokemon will be at level 100.
- A maximum of one mega evolution per trainer team.
- You have a base stat limit for your team of 2,500 shared points. This means that if you pick a pokemon in your draft that has 500 base stat points, you only have 2,000 points remaining to spread among your team.
- Mega evolution pokemon must be counted by their mega evolution base stats, not their unevolved form stats. For example, if you choose Mega-Blastoise on your team as your first pick, your shared base stat points is reduced by 630 points, not 530 points.
- Each round will allow for one week for all participants to fight their opponents. Plenty of time for even the most busy person.
The draft is the stage where you will choose your pokemon team. Again, a pokemon can only be present once in this tournament, so if someone chooses Arcanine, you may not have Arcanine in your team. Mega evolution is treated as a separate pokemon. So if you choose Blastoise, someone else may still choose to have Mega-Blastoise. Keep in mind, however, that you cannot choose to equip your pokemon with a mega evolution stone if you did not choose the mega form in the draft.
This is the list of all participants in the tournament:
- The Seeffiss17