Eminem vs Tupac (Read OP)

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is Eminem during his Relapse phase. Tupac during whatever his prime was. Who's a better music artist?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

2pac isn't at Eminem's level in terms of lyricism and techniques. Flow i'd say its a tie, 2pac's flow is repetitive, but so is Eminem's, though he has more variety than 2pac, examples are Biterphobia, Infinite and My words are weapons. In terms of image 2pac wins.

I personally think 2pac is overrated, though the same can be said about Eminem, but Eminem at his prime was clearly above 2pac in almost every way.

Now, 2pac at his peak vs Relapse Eminem, i'd give it to 2pac honestly. Most of my favorite songs from Eminem are from his album Infinite, Slim Shady EP and Marshall Mathers LP.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lil Wayne is better than pac

DeChefMan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MF DOOM is better than both

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Shinne

Neither, Drake is better.

The worst thing about all of these, is the fact that some people genuinely think like this.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lil Wayne is better than pac

Agreed, he totally saved this song.

Loading Video...

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: thanks, finally someone agrees with me

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Eminem did what other early rappers didn't do, that is adding a pop flavor on his rap songs. Eminem can rap really fast too. And despite of being white, it didn't stop him to do what he loves to do the most.

Eminem also made rap songs that aren't just about ranting or to show off his rapping skills. He knows the word "balance" and he used his wisdom in writing songs and releasing the right songs that people around the world would appreciate.

He didn't choose the singles that really shows his rapping skills and his style. He instead went choosing the singles that most people outside the rap community would appreciate because he knows those people who will buy his album will also listen to the remaining unreleaseed tracks.

Eminem is pretty consistent on pure album sales on all his studio albums. Check it here:

https://chartmasters.org/2016/08/cspc-eminem-popularity-analysis/10/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@death2heretics said:

2pac isn't at Eminem's level in terms of lyricism and techniques. Flow i'd say its a tie, 2pac's flow is repetitive, but so is Eminem's, though he has more variety than 2pac, examples are Biterphobia, Infinite and My words are weapons. In terms of image 2pac wins.

I personally think 2pac is overrated, though the same can be said about Eminem, but Eminem at his prime was clearly above 2pac in almost every way.

Now, 2pac at his peak vs Relapse Eminem, i'd give it to 2pac honestly. Most of my favorite songs from Eminem are from his album Infinite, Slim Shady EP and Marshall Mathers LP.

I agree. Also, Early HipHop/Rap was/is great. But as time went on flows/Lyricism/wordplay become more clever/unique. Which why Eminem in my opinion is a better artist than 2Pac. Even his Infinite Album. I think his Lyrics/wordplay were ahead of most MCs at that time.

I'm sure a lot of people really see Pac as the best,but I also think a lot of people who really aren't into music like that say Pac,because it's just the thing to say. In the same way people always say Micheal Jordan is the best basketball player.

@jhazzroucher I agree with everything you said except the 2nd paragraph. I think Lupe Fiasco also does that.

but,If this is Relapse Em,I'm going to have to give it to Pac. Any other Em,would have gotten my vote.

@carlosss14 Up until Carter 4.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Rapping Ability, Wordplay and Flow all goes to Eminem.

But actual lyrical content goes to Tupac.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pac makes much better music than Eminem

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eminem is way better lyrically but in terms of making good music, Tupac has him beat.

Millanine20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Millanine20

Wordplay and Flow goes to Eminem, but Lyrical content with meaning and great music goes to Tupac.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlosss14: Honestly, I don't think Pac is that good of a lyricists. It's been a while since I've sat down and listen to him,but he was pretty straightforward with the stories he painted.

Quite a few artist I'd put above him far as just lyricism goes.

carlosss14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown: I strongly agree. Majority of his songs are filled with basic rhymes, and he's not really good at using punchlines, wordplay, etc. But some songs like this are when hes at his best lyrically imo.

Loading Video...

The rhyme scheme, and his aggressive delivery. If only he rapped liked this on majority of his songs.