#1 Posted by deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem

No Caption Provided

Kendrick Lamar

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Lyrical skill/rhyme scheme

Round 2: Flow

Round 3: Overall music

Does Eminem prove why he is the Rap God, or does Kendrick Lamar make him sit down and be humble?

#2 Posted by nerdchore (8050 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem all rounds

#3 Posted by seastone98 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

Lyrics id give 2 em flow i give 2 Kendrick overall body of work obviously marshal since he was out MUCH longer personally tho i prefer PUN & biggie over these guys but they are still talented

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a
#4 Posted by deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a (765 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently listened to all of DAMN the whole way through again and im thinking that I dont know which of these two is the most skilled rapper alive. Its a toss up for me.

#5 Posted by Oreoghoul (1649 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by shadyxv (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Em all rounds considering his overall performance and mot just recent albums.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#7 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6238 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by KingogKings777 (1595 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

The Eminem Wank

1. Kendrick has insane lyrical talent. People sleepin.

2. Debatable.

3. Eminem may be better at just rapping, but Kendrick's projects are better overall. Saying they're "impactful" or "meaningful" is an understatement. There are still songs that people still have yet to digest due to how well his albums are put together. TPAB, GKMC and Overly Dedicated (this counts) alone puts most of Em's albums to shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701
#10 Edited by deactivated-5bc2c7b81b701 (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Marshall.

Kendrick is the only rapper that deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as him though, much respect.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#11 Posted by RampageTheFirst (6610 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem murders all rounds, not even debatable.

#12 Posted by reaverlation (25507 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem in his prime. Though Lamar is without a doubt in Marshall's league

#13 Posted by Batvibe12 (5342 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem.

#14 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem unquestionably but Kendrick is already in his tier

#15 Posted by Sungsam (1987 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't this be in off-topic?

#16 Posted by deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a (765 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of support for Em but we are getting some support for Lamar too

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#17 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4241 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem has a better flow, he incorporates words that no other rappers use, his lines have sometimes double to even triple meanings which is more than any other rapper I’ve seen, Kendrick is good but he’s admitted Em is one of his biggest influences. That being said em takes all rounds but that’s just imo

#18 Posted by Jko1 (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

Kendrick

#19 Posted by kroczilla (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

R1: Eminem. Kendrick is good but Eminem is simply on a whole other level.

R2: Ehhhh... They are about even currently IMO. Prime Eminem is another story though.

R3: Eminem. No contest. Several of his songs could legit go toe to toe with the best works of music. Neither Kendrick (nor any other current rapper) even begins to approach the status Eminem's music has attained.

#20 Edited by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@kroczilla: R3: Eminem. No contest. Several of his songs could legit go toe to toe with the best works of music. Neither Kendrick (nor any other current rapper) even begins to approach the status Eminem's music has attained.

No Caption Provided

THE Eminem wank is real

#21 Edited by KingOfWakanda (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem is getting way too much love.

He's a great rapper and a mediocre artist. Whereas Kendrick is a great rapper and a great artist.

R1) Eminem. His lyrical skill and ability to put rhymes together is truly amazing. Kendrick is a nice lyricist too but Em's talent for this is rare.

R2) Kendrick. Nobody is flowing like Kendrick right now. Em's flow has been questionable from time to time over the years, but was very good on Kamikaze.

R3) Kendrick in a landslide. Quality over quantity. Section.80, GKMC, TPAB, Damn and the Black Panther soundtrack were all quality projects. Look at Eminem's discography. He's got some duds. Revival, MMLP2, Recovery, Encore were rough. You'd have to be a super fan to listen to those from start to finish and get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

#22 Posted by Doofasa (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem all rounds. IMO Lamar is severely overated.

#23 Posted by Marshall_Long (5641 posts) - - Show Bio

1.Em

2.Em

3.Kendrick

#24 Posted by Helloman (26694 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem all rounds.

#25 Posted by Lan_Fan (12666 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem.

#26 Posted by kroczilla (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilgpmktra: Sing for the moment; Stan; Lose Yourself; My name is; Space bound etc.

I don't do bait. Just state facts.

#27 Posted by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilgpmktra: Sing for the moment; Stan; Lose Yourself; My name is; Space bound etc.

I don't do bait. Just state facts.

....You're joking right?

#28 Posted by Maalik (693 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: EM's lyrical and technical ability far, far, far surpasses kdot. EM is arguably among the best in that regard of all time, KDOT is just above average imo.

Round 2: EM

Round 3: EM.

#29 Edited by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilgpmktra said: The Eminem Wank

1. Kendrick has insane lyrical talent. People sleepin.

2. Debatable.

3. Eminem may be better at just rapping, but Kendrick's projects are better overall. Saying they're "impactful" or "meaningful" is an understatement. There are still songs that people still have yet to digest due to how well his albums are put together. TPAB, GKMC and Overly Dedicated (this counts) alone puts most of Em's albums to shame.

This, also Eminem was always overhyped because of a certain group of people.

#30 Posted by AkshSarpanch (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem. If you watch breakdown videos of his latest album, you realize how talented he is

#31 Edited by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie: This, also Eminem has always been overrated because of a certain group of people.

Totally lol.

People still aren't hip to how incredible some tracks on GKMC and TPAB were either and how well they were structured, so they just go with the same tired popular opinion and wank eminem

Especially since you got people thinking "lose yourself" and "my name is" is among the best music of all time...smh lol

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
#32 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

That white boy from the Dirty Dozen

#33 Posted by Chimeroid (9174 posts) - - Show Bio

I just spent a lot of time listening to Lamar's most popular songs. He is good, but he isn't really that good.

#34 Posted by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: His pop tracks aren’t that great, could say the same for Eminem though.

He shines through his projects, where a lot of his best tracks aren’t made mainstream really

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#35 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Eminem knows how to play with words better, Kendrick is a better storyteller. Content beats mindless lyrics for me. - Kendrick

2: Em wins on flow.

3: Kendrick makes better music. Kendrick is like 3 albums away from having the best discography in hip-hip.

#36 Posted by TitanConsumed (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem in his prime. Though Lamar is without a doubt in Marshall's league

#37 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13793 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem is #1 for a reason. Kendrick’s good, but the Eminem wank is justified.

Very few artists have matched his impact on the rap game, and none have matched his commercial accolades.

And if you listen to his music, there are valid reasons for that as well.

Eminem all rounds.

#38 Edited by HigherPower (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

Kdot all rounds.

#39 Edited by kilgpmktra (719 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: Not really. Where’s the universal hip hop tier list that ranks EM #1?

The “wank” for Eminem is sorta justified but should be tone down in all honesty. He’s without a doubt, one of the greatest in the genre...

But there are plenty of artists (Like Kendrick) who probably can’t flow as good but can create musical projects that vastly surpass his. In terms of overall music, I can list a few people who surpassed Eminem in hip hop

#40 Edited by Veshark (10448 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll always love Em, but Kendrick’s been way more consistent in terms of quality for the past eight years of his mainstream career. Em hasn’t made a truly impressive project since (arguably) Eminem Show. Every other album Marshall’s done has been only decent to atrocious. I don’t even look forward to his guest verses anymore.

#41 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13793 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilgpmktra: Check most hip-hop ranking lists and you can see it’s a very common opinion for him to be at the top.

Now obviously music taste is very subjective, so your mileage may vary.

Pretty much the only way to look at it objectively is to look at commercial success, as that shows how many people actually listen to him and rank him so highly. And on that scale, no rapper comes close.

Everybody is gonna have different taste, but it’s an absolute fact that more people like Em than Kendrick. Does that mean that he’s better? Absolutely not. But it’s as close as we can get to an answer that’s not just “I like this artist more so this artist gets my vote.”

#42 Edited by jhazzroucher (25033 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem, the god of Rap!

I did like Kendrick before but after the n-word accident, I'm no longer his fan.

#43 Posted by jhazzroucher (25033 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently listened to all of DAMN the whole way through again and im thinking that I dont know which of these two is the most skilled rapper alive. Its a toss up for me.

Kendrick uses the n-word a lot but gets mad if his white fans say the n-word.

#44 Posted by jhazzroucher (25033 posts) - - Show Bio

While Eminem is the rap god, Nicki Minaj the rap goddess, the king of rap is not Kendrick. The king of rap is Drake.

#45 Posted by deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Eminem tells anyone who voted for Trump that he doesn't accept them as a fan.

I don't count personal retoric in this. This isn't about character, this is about rap skill.

#46 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44249 posts) - - Show Bio

Kendrick - full sweep.

I'd like to see this evidence that points to Em being hands down the better lyricist, too.

#47 Posted by theacidskull (21963 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem all rounds. Never liked Kendrick that much personally.

#48 Posted by Dernman (25774 posts) - - Show Bio

While Eminem is the rap god, Nicki Minaj the rap goddess, the king of rap is not Kendrick. The king of rap is Drake.

Drake can't be king because he doesn't even write his own material.

#49 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44249 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman:

Drake only got help on a couple of verses, as far as we know. He has written the bulk of his songs and has written chorus/songs for other A-list artist (Dre, Wayne, Yeezy, keys, etc)

I'm not gonna discredit his career for getting help on a few songs, tbh.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#50 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem