Eminem vs Ice Cube

• 140 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lolz at the people who's overrating Ice Cube here, and lulz at Em being a sell out.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dboyrules2011 said:

Lolz at the people who's overrating Ice Cube here, and lulz at Em being a sell out.

All rappers do is sell out. :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at people using "Straight Outta Compton" as the only reason why ice cube has any support.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

Lol at people using "Straight Outta Compton" as the only reason why ice cube has any support.

You wanna talk to me, talk to me. Or I'll miss all your nonsense.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

You wanna talk to me, talk to me. Or I'll miss all your nonsense.

When was the last time Eminem actually battled someone that wasn't trash.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

LOL. When's the last time Ice Cube battled someone? You're shooting the ball in my hoop with that question.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@fuzzylittlerodent:

And to the guy who said that No Vaseline is better than Eminem's whole discography...I understand that hating on artists like The Beatles, Eminem etc. is considered cool and edgy as shit nowadays, but you're objectively wrong.

If you're going to talk shit, at least hit the reply button my way so I actually see who you're talking about through all that "knowledge" you just dropped. I understand when someone says anything about Eminem you guys freak, but please learn to read before you say I'm objectively "wrong". I said his diss discography - meaning diss tracks only. Yeah, I consider No Vaseline to be better than The Sauce, The Warning, Hail Mary, Nail in the Coffin, and Canibitch. Hell, I would say King of the Hill is better than some of them as well.

No one is hating on anyone, and if you think I am, make an argument.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I've been an Ice Cube fan sincs I've first gave 'Kill at Will' spin; Straight Outta Compton didn't do shit to me, as I haven't even watched it yet. Trash argument, is trash.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

LOL. When's the last time Ice Cube battled someone? You're shooting the ball in my hoop with that question.

Common was the last person Ice Cube had beef with, before that was Cypress Hill and you know the rest. At least Ice Cube didn't diss scrubs.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tf are people adducing diss tracks as indications of efficiency in a freestyle battle? If the battle is off top, their written works possess little actual pertinence concerning the outcome in a bout where their respective abilities to spit extemporaneous, coherent lines against their opponent are being utilized, in which case where Cube's credentials at? I'm under the impression that the majority of people posting in this thread don't comprehend the difference between diss tracks and freestyle battling. Freestyling off top is practically an entirely separate craft from writing lyrics, and it requires its own degree of practice to become proficient at.

O'shea isn't taking any sort of W against Em here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngsoapman:

Tf are people adducing diss tracks as indications of efficency in a freestyle battle?

I skimmed the OP (like always) and I saw Ice Cube has prior knowledge on Em, so I assumed more of a diss track like thing, than a freestyle battle. But yeah, Eminem would certainly beat Cube in that regard, since I don't know if Cube actually battled much in South Central at all, while Eminem basically put himself on the map with it.

I still think Cube would annihilate in a diss war, tho.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dccomicsrule2011: Kinda hypocritical of you to call me out and say that I should learn how to read when you openly admited that you skimmed the OP and didn't directly reply to the guy who mentioned SOC in the first place. But anyway, my sincerest apologies, monsieur. We all make mistakes, don't we?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
DarkRoseIronAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patera_all: actually no, just because you're little ideas of slim shady being so great has offended you , somehow I know nothing , and you assume it's because of straight outta compton.

Just goes to show , that you're the only person who has braught it up. Obviously you're the one who watched it and thinks bad of it. I made this because of their respected eras, they were the best, and the bests deserve to go up against each other . So please go ahead argue some more , tell me I'm young and I know nothing of them, tell me I haven't heard any of these songs , tell me I'm dumb, tell me this battles dumb, idgaf !

Because at the end of the day this battle is getting more attention then you ever could. Now go ahead (in the words of eminem) tell thesee people something they don't know about me .

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theflashfire: I don't agree that he's one of the greatest of all time. I think he's good but not great. Popularity doesn't equal greatness.

Your being serious?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I really just got into rap, guys. So beats me, I just like Eminem.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@leonardo_liafador: yes

That's the thing about opinions, we shouldn't be shocked when people have one that differs from ours.

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent:

And to the guy who said that No Vaseline is better than Eminem's whole discography...I understand that hating on artists like The Beatles, Eminem etc. is considered cool and edgy as shit nowadays, but you're objectively wrong.

If you're going to talk shit, at least hit the reply button my way so I actually see who you're talking about through all that "knowledge" you just dropped. I understand when someone says anything about Eminem you guys freak, but please learn to read before you say I'm objectively "wrong". I said his diss discography - meaning diss tracks only. Yeah, I consider No Vaseline to be better than The Sauce, The Warning, Hail Mary, Nail in the Coffin, and Canibitch. Hell, I would say King of the Hill is better than some of them as well.

No one is hating on anyone, and if you think I am, make an argument.

*Phew*

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Rap isn't music, thus both lose.

Wow. Brilliant. No one has ever - in the 40+ years of Hip Hop history - leveled that criticism at us... wait yes they have. Since day 1.

Must drive you nuts that this non music is a global phenomenon and it's richest practitioners are approaching/surpassing billion dollar status.

You can dislike us all you want. The lame part is taking time out of your busy schedule to come in here and waste some keystrokes. You don't see me coming to your mom's basement to criticize your life choices.

Ignore the stuff you don't like. If we all did that, then this world could be a paradise.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic:

I don't think anyone can beat Eminem in a freestyle battle. Straight from the dome. Dude is a monster at that. Youtube it if you need a history lesson.

Cube would have a great chance on wax if they were trading records. He has actually recorded some classic dis records. Eminem not so much, unless you count him talking s*** about female pop stars on a couple of his hits.

In person off the dome: Eminem

On wax: Cube

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Taquie

Still Eminem, he makes way more interesting and better music. He also make them in a funny way while Ice Cube has his lame ''Oh shit im gangsta, bang bang'' type.

I am not saying Ice Cube is bad but he can be repetitive

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@edblank: you do realize he's bating, right? And I'm assuming you're reffering to Dre and Diddy? Let's be real here, the majority of their income is because of their talent as businessmen rather than their talent as musicians.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: you do realize he's bating, right? And I'm assuming you're reffering to Dre and Diddy? Let's be real here, the majority of their income is because of their talent as businessmen rather than their talent as musicians.

So they would have had Ciroc and Beats either way... probably not.

Don't forget JZ and 50perCent. I haven't looked them up recently but they are in the hundreds of millions. I wonder where Will Smith ranks.. not enough to research it though.

Aaaaannnnddddd... the record companies that sign the checks of these non musicians have probably pulled in at least a billi over the years.

He's baiting and here I am to bite. Leggo!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I still think Cube would annihilate in a diss war, tho.

Agreeable.

Limit_Less

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Limit_Less

People are forgetting the fact that this is a freestyle which is Em's bread and butter. Em started out rap battling in his younger years and has near perfected freestyling. Cube is the better lyricist for sure, but Shady takes this one.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rap isn't music, thus both lose.

Rap, by definition, is music. Therefore, you fail miserably.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I love both, But i will give it to Eminem.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Again Eminem has never dissed an A/B list rapper. And his diss resume is not as good as Ice Cube. Only Hip Hop casual overrate Em was some unstoppable diss rapper.

But I'll admit in a freestyle battle Em would easily beat Cube.

@fuzzylittlerodent said:

Eminem goes first? You kidding me right? Have you even seen 8 mile? The last battle against Papa Doc? Eminem is not dumb. He knows what Cube going to say. Seriously, is there any part of Marshal's life that he hasn't talked about in his song that we don't know about? Him being white, him hating his own mother, being a junkie and a suicidal psychopath, him aknowledging the fact that if he was black he would have sold half. There is literally nothing Cube could say that would surprise anyone and catch Em off guard. And to the guy who said that No Vaseline is better than Eminem's whole discography...I understand that hating on artists like The Beatles, Eminem etc. is considered cool and edgy as shit nowadays, but you're objectively wrong.

Wait are you seriously using a movie for proof for why Em would win?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop throwing their opinions around like it's fact, it's not.

Who did Cube diss worth a damn? N.W.A.? Most of those guys aren't even rappers, plus he knew them personally.

Knowing someone personally = more diss material. Fact.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: How do you even say that N.W.A. aren't rappers, while Maria Caery(singer) and Benzino( the source maginze writer) are the names of eminem's diss list.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dboyrules2011:

Who did Cube diss worth a damn?

Loading Video...

How about Cypress Hill, the group with 3 platinum selling records in their discography? Far and away superior to anybody Eminem has ever dissed.

N.W.A.? Most of those guys aren't even rappers, plus he knew them personally.

Yeah, the same group that released a classic album even after he left. That kinda negates the they aren't rappers crap, doesn't it?

Knowing someone personally = more diss material. Fact.

That's a double edge sword----they also knew him to, yet were smashed to bad too even attempt a come back.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: 'Cause neither of these guys dissed any rapper worth a damn, that was my point. Not once did I say Em dissed someone on his level, but I think that's been attacked enough in this thread.

Limit_Less

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: I definitely see where's he's comin from since Dre was just a producer and Cube wrote 90% of NWA's rhymes. The only reason Eazy-E was a rapper in the first place was because of his voice. The only one who was a REAL lyricist was Ren yet he was subpar

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

1. Shady dissed Mariah Carey. Mariah > > > > > > > > Cypress Hill. Your point?

2. Still doesn't mean they're rappers. Come on now.

3. Yesh. But my point still stands though.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011:

Shady dissed Mariah Carey. Mariah > > > > > > > > Cypress Hill. Your point?

LAL. Cypress Hill are fracking critically acclaimed rappers that are on Cube's level as pure lyricist - how in the figgity frack is Carey even close to them in RAP? I mean, really? Do you happen to know anything about rap?

Wait, don't answer that question.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: I never said it had to be just rappers. Besides, did King of the Hill leave any kind of impact on the rap game? Nopes.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dboyrules2011:

I never said it had to be just rappers.

Um...yes it does. You claimed Cube never dissed anyone worth a damn. Cypress Hill are good rappers that sold over 18 million records worldwide; yes, they are good. And yes - Cube did diss them. And yes - Cube got the better of them.

Besides, did King of the Hill leave any kind of impact on the rap game?

I think majority would agree Cube got the better of the beef in the end (over Cypress); and that's the point. Besides, No Vaseline is one of the most impactful diss tracks ever, and more impactful than anything Shady has ever released on the subject.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

1. Well Em did diss Ja Rule (was hot once upon a time). And... Canibus.

2. Maybe true, but Shady did end Benzino's career, rather he was a good rapper or not is beyond the point.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dboyrules2011:

Well Em did diss Ja Rule (was hot once upon a time)

But he is nowhere near Em's caliber as a lyricist, and he had the help of '50 to boot.

. And... Canibus.

A washed up 'Bis that is fresh off being spanked by the likes of LL Cool J, and nowhere near his popularity? Really? Not to mention, the diss he did release was bonafide wack and accomplished nothing.

Maybe true, but Shady did end Benzino's career, rather he was a good rapper or not is beyond the point.

'Zino is a nobody. Wrecking the N.W.A. is far and away superior feat

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

1. Being lyrically superior means nothing. Didn't 50 Cent hold his own with the likes of Nas?

2. You never said it had to be good. :P

3. Ending a career is impressive regardless if Benzino is a nobody.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eminem - Freestyle.

Cube - Planned dragged out battle.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been an Ice Cube fan sincs I've first gave 'Kill at Will' spin; Straight Outta Compton didn't do shit to me, as I haven't even watched it yet. Trash argument, is trash.

If you're going to talk shit, at least hit the reply button my way.

By the way, I wasn't questioning the origin of your fan-ship for Ice Cube. I was just saying that Straight Outta Compton earned Cube a lot more rep than before. After the film, I literally heard the same "f*** da police" and "Cruisin' down the street in my 6 4" playing on peoples phones where ever I went.

Doesn't matter anymore, Eminem would murk.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

I was just saying that Straight Outta Compton earned Cube a lot more rep than before

Don't see a problem with this.

In fact - it's a crying shame that guys that molded the rap game to the multi-billion dollar industry it is today, doesn't get the respect or recognition they so obviously deserve. I bet when Jay Z raps "Yeah, hearin' me rap is like hearin' G Rap in his prime", most people don't know who the hell he is even talking about. Even though, Kool is one of the seminal rappers in the history of the game.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eminem.

I don't understand why it matters who both of them have dissed as opposed to the quality of said diss. And really, no mention of bump heads?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thedailybagel:

I don't understand why it matters who both of them have dissed as opposed to the quality of said diss.

Because it's easier to diss relatively scrubs, than actual top-tier artist? Also, I still don't think any diss Eminem has ever released is better, and hits harder than No Vaseline.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: no it isn't in my opinion, top tier artists just have way more popularity (meaning the track would be more high profile) and bite back harder, their calibre wouldn't affect the lyrics in a track against them. If anything it'd be easier since top tier artists have much more dirt to be used on them that is widely know than relative nobodies.

No Vaseline hits harder because cube knew everyone he dissed on a personal level, and this was his former group, a VERY popular group. The most high profile person em has dissed (aside from Mariah Carey) is ja rule, which between him and 50 basically ended ja's career. It doesn't change that em still killed it without knowing all that much about the people he was dissing aside from maybe mariah.

But still, I don't think 'no vaseline' proves that cube would win against em due to the reasons stated above, moreover this particular thread involves freestyles which are a different ball game alltogether; one that eminem excels in.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thedailybagel:

no it isn't in my opinion,

It's not an opinion; it's more along the line of fact. No way is dissing Benzino a taller task than dissing the likes of Nas. Come on, now.

top tier artists just have way more popularity (meaning the track would be more high profile) and bite back harder

Which would make the task "winning" all the more harder in the end, right?

their calibre wouldn't affect the lyrics in a track against them.

It kinda does. Especially when the main bulk of your lyrics are picking on how they have no career, and they are relatively nobodies, flunting the fact that you are larger than life and great while they aren't? (Nail in the Coffin, anyone?). It's not exactly a stunt you can pull off on top-tier talent, don't you think?

No Vaseline hits harder because cube knew everyone he dissed on a personal level, and this was his former group, a VERY popular group.

Already been acknowledge, but it doesn't take away from the greatness on the diss in anyway.

The most high profile person em has dissed (aside from Mariah Carey) is ja rule, which between him and 50 basically ended ja's career.

With the help of one of the best diss recorders ever in 50? Impressive, but looses it's steam when you add in that fact. In fact, the hardest diss to come out of the entire thing was Backdown, by 50.

It doesn't change that em still killed it without knowing all that much about the people he was dissing aside from maybe mariah.

Killing people who are barely alive from the get-go, isn't as hot as you're making it to be.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Static Shock

I think it goes without saying that No Vaseline is better than any diss record Eminem has put out. NWA was hot at the time AND Cube picked every member of the crew apart (especially Eazy E, who destroyed both Snoop and Dre a few years later in Real MF-ing G's).

Also, since when is dissing an R&B singer (Mariah) noteworthy for a Hip-Hop artist? Come on, bruh. He dissed her all because she said she never dated him. That alone destroys Eminem's credibility, so I'm not even sure why people talking about that. Dissing Benzino? Everlast? Both rappers weren't relevant at the time, and Everlast peaked in the early 90s with the House of Pain. No one was listening to him during his feud with Eminem. Nick Cannon? The comedian? Really? Ja Rule? That was a group effort. It took 50 Cent (who did most of the work, IIRC), Busta Rhymes, D12, Obie Trice and Eminem to destroy his career.

I would even go out on a limb and say that none of Eminem's beefs with the people listed (although they were entertaining) hold a candle to any notable beefs (Jigga vs. Nas, LL Cool J vs. Cannibus, T.I. vs Lil Flip, 50 Cent vs Jadakiss, 50 Cent vs Cam'ron, Tupac vs. Mobb Deep, the list goes on).

As for the thread, since it's a straight freestyle, Eminem would probably body him. Eminem has a background in battle rapping, while Cube was strictly about the pen. If they were releasing diss records and both were in their prime, I'd give it Cube.