Eminem vs Ice Cube

• 140 results
Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
#1 Edited by DarkRoseIronAvenger (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Prime Eminem vs Prime Ice-Cube.

This is a freestyle Rap battle, but ice cube has info on emeinems past and shit too, he's done his research etc.

Each will go 3 times with a minute each.

Round 1:Eminem first then cube.

Round 2:" " " "

Round 3" " " " "

Who wins , who looses.

The lyrical genius of NWA who helped start a revolution, or The lyrics master who changed the business and became the most well know rapper of the new generation.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43581 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that didn't star in are we there yet.

#3 Posted by Joygirl (21036 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice Cube. If he knows about Marshall's past then he'll also know Eminem's specific rap battle techniques and the weaknesses thereof. He'll be smart enough to beat him down.

#4 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of the 2 biggest sell outs in rap history

#5 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44297 posts) - - Show Bio

Peak Ice Cube destroys.

No Vaseline > Shady's entire diss discography.

#6 Posted by haoalchemist (6196 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Ice Cube. If he knows about Marshall's past then he'll also know Eminem's specific rap battle techniques and the weaknesses thereof. He'll be smart enough to beat him down.

Agreed, Ice Cube should stomp all rounds.

#7 Posted by Taquie (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem because he is a better freestyler imo

#8 Posted by Reno117 (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by DarkRoseIronAvenger (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: I agree that those disses in their were fucking crazy, but ice cube has no counter for eniemens style. It's so diffrent it gets an audience going crazy instantly . But at the sametime eminem doesn't have the expiernce or as fucked up a background as cube did.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#10 Posted by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

You young bucks know nothing of Cube. Smh

#11 Edited by Sawed_Off_It (13462 posts) - - Show Bio

This is dumb. Eminem absolutely destroys Cube.

And i am a fan of Ice Cube

#12 Posted by juiceboks (25091 posts) - - Show Bio

Cube. His lyrical skill in rap battles and diss tracks blows Em's out the water.

#13 Posted by haoalchemist (6196 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TheSuperHuman (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Rap isn't music, thus both lose.

#15 Posted by Straight-Fire (27406 posts) - - Show Bio

Shady.

#16 Posted by TheGhostKnight (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminen cuz he's the best ever

#17 Edited by BlessedbyHorus (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice Cube. He is more ruthless and actually has a better resume when it comes to dissing people. No Vaseline anyone?

Eminem's diss resume is overrated to be honest. His biggest feat/victim was Benzino(a C-list rapper), but other than that he mostly dissed non-rappers like Mariah. Meanwhile Cube went up against one of the most popular rap group at the time and alone.

@thesuperhuman said:

Says who? People on the "other" end of the political spectrum?

#18 Posted by TheSuperHuman (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: The good side of that spectrum. Real music to me is using instruments and voices to their fullest. Rapping is just talking in rhymes against a beat, no real soul or heart going into it. But everyone has their own opinion. Let's not knock each other down for it.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#19 Posted by turoksonofstone (14913 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem wins.

#20 Posted by AssertingValor (8189 posts) - - Show Bio

Straight of of Compton

#21 Posted by DarkRoseIronAvenger (2626 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo Dre I got something to say , fuck the police straight from the underground ! Sorry I had too. That song fits so much with what's going on with the one time now .

#22 Posted by zzagirl (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

This is dumb. Eminem absolutely destroys Cube.

And i am a fan of Ice Cube

You can't be serious... I'm sorry, but this comment is bewildering as hell.

Rap isn't music

This comment is just unbelievably crazy, omg. This is probably the first and last comment on this site that has actually made me upset.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#23 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Me.

Because I threw a grenade in the ring while they were busy insulting each others mother.

#25 Edited by BlessedbyHorus (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_stranglehold_da_first: The good side of that spectrum. Real music to me is using instruments and voices to their fullest. Rapping is just talking in rhymes against a beat, no real soul or heart going into it. But everyone has their own opinion. Let's not knock each other down for it.

By that simple logic Disco, dubstep, house or heck any instrumental music are not music.

Rapping is not just talking...It emphasizes rhythm in a way that talking does not. It isn't singing, of course, but music doesn't need singing to be music. Again instrumental music? Saying rapping is just talking against a beat is just silly, if that was the case anyone would be able to do it. There are some very complex lyricism in rapping, which I doubt the average joe is talented enough to do.

As for no real soul or heart? What? Guess you never listened to Kendrick Lamar and his To Pimp A Butterfly, Kanye, Common, Tupac or Mos Def...

Yeah we don't have to not each other, but fact its established that rap/hip hop is music. And also rap is just a part of Hip Hop, Hip Hop which is argued to descend from "Funk" which is very soulful...

#26 Posted by Patera_All (448 posts) - - Show Bio

This is some serious spite, right here. Eminem, and he stomps so, so very hard.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
#27 Posted by Hocko1999_VIRUS (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem, because it's freestyle. Cube wins if gets to write lyrics as part of his prep, he's a better lyricist.

#28 Posted by Patera_All (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of the 2 biggest sell outs in rap history

When was the last time Eminem did a poor comedy, I-Pod commercial, endorsed a random product, worked with another artist for money, or anything else that was some cash grab, inconsistent with his career, and thus "sold out"? Got nothing? Yeah, exactly. Popularity doesn't equal success.

You young bucks know nothing of Cube. Smh

I'm in my mid thirties, and throughout junior/high school NWA, and later Ice Cube, were at their peaks. There isn't much time between when NWA first dropped (1989) and Eminem releasing his first album (1996). However, Twenty years after the ladder, Eminem is recognized as one of the greatest rappers ever, and often argued as the GOAT by both multiple media sources, as well as plenty of other artists. Cube, well he never comes up in the conversation. NWA, and he, were passed by, over and over again by better artists and lyricists in a seven year span. Eminem has remained at the top for 20 years.

Peak Ice Cube destroys.

Is that a troll comment, or are you just that silly? No Vaseline was as popular as it was because it was incredibly specific, and focused on Ice Cube's former group. It was shocking, ahead of its time, and no one expected something like that at the time. But it was also very straight forward, and aside from the title, not particularly clever. Eminem has consistently produced much better, more clever diss tracks. Hell, that's his specialty.

Cube. His lyrical skill in rap battles and diss tracks blows Em's out the water.

Where in the hell do you get that from? All of those famous Ice Cube freestyle videos, and the litany of diss tracks he's produced? He had one good one in his entire career.

This thread is just silly. Comparing one of the greatest MC'c ever (who made his bones off of freestyle no less) with someone who is not even in the conversation, because you rented Straight out of Compton last week... OK...

#29 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44297 posts) - - Show Bio

@patera_all:

Eminem has consistently produced much better, more clever diss tracks. Hell, that's his specialty.

Yep, because dissing D-list rappers and popstars is totally legit, amirite? Who has Shady ever dissed that is on his lyrical "pay-grade" as a LYRICIST? Trash like Everlast? Jokes like Benzino? Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon?

The only one who comes close to being a great MC is Canibus, and Eminem didn't do anything impactful besides release a rather shitty diss track in "Canibitch". For all Marshall's " greatness", he only seems to diss scrubs and tin-cans. Hardly comparable to Cypher's Hill, or the collective might of the N.W.A.

Is that a troll comment, or are you just that silly? No Vaseline was as popular as it was because it was incredibly specific, and focused on Ice Cube's former group.

I'm just seeing excuses here, moving along, now.

It was shocking, ahead of its time, and no one expected something like that at the time.

Now we're getting somewhere, but still not totally.

But it was also very straight forward, and aside from the title, not particularly clever.

Opinions, man. The track is literally filled with several clever lines, and honest you can talk about straight forwadness all you want----but the track systimatically tore down every single member of the N.W.A. by attacking them where it hurt, and accomplished what it set out to do in the long run.

Also, LAL @ Cube not being one of the greatest ever. The Source, MTV, Rolling Stone, About. com, XXL, Allmusic, Dre, Jay Z, Nas, Snoop, and literally everyone who knows rap disagrees. Cube is a legit G.O.A.T. - just not commonly placed in the top 5, or anything like that. He ranks in the 10-15'ish by accumulated acclaim he receives.

#30 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem.

#31 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by panther21 (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem. He has a Taskmaster style to rapping that no one can beat.

#33 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Marshall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
#34 Posted by deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1 (16596 posts) - - Show Bio

A freestyle rap battle? Yea, going with Em.

#35 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5403 posts) - - Show Bio

Cube no doubt.

#36 Posted by Cregan_Stark (5403 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Tell em man!!! Eminem is so incredibly overrated. The dude had a very powerful gimmick and played the crap out of it but he definitely shouldn't be listed in the same category as guys like Cube. In my opinion.

#37 Posted by TheFlashFire (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

@cregan_stark: That's not what he was saying at all. Eminem is one of the greatest in the game of all time, but he isn't beating Cube in a freestyle battle.

#38 Posted by zzagirl (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Tell em man!!! Eminem is so incredibly overrated. The dude had a very powerful gimmick and played the crap out of it but he definitely shouldn't be listed in the same category as guys like Cube. In my opinion.

You're both correct.

#40 Posted by ILikeBigTits (799 posts) - - Show Bio

Now metal, where they scream lyrics about suicide, that's real music.

#41 Posted by ILikeBigTits (799 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc this has nothing to do with fighting or comic books

That's why it's in off topic buddy.

#42 Posted by SC (18160 posts) - - Show Bio

@neonindian said:

@quentinzagar said:

@sc this has nothing to do with fighting or comic books

That's why it's in off topic buddy.

Hello. I moved it here, is why and why the user summoned me.

#43 Posted by SC (18160 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't fight, they fusion dance into Vanilla Cubes, and then get a sponsorship with Carls Junior for a new type of Thick Shake with you guessed it, Vanilla Cubes as the gimmick. Then they start in a bunch of movies like The Interview 2 and Triple xXx iIi Even More X, but hey… at least they aren't Ice-T.

#44 Edited by Straight-Fire (27406 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolz at the people who's overrating Ice Cube here, and lulz at Em being a sell out.

#45 Posted by Enemybird (5158 posts) - - Show Bio

Peak Ice Cube destroys.

#46 Posted by Rouflex (35970 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem Voice Annoy Me And I Havent Listened To Many Ice Cube Songs.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#47 Edited by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem goes first? You kidding me right? Have you even seen 8 mile? The last battle against Papa Doc? Eminem is not dumb. He knows what Cube going to say. Seriously, is there any part of Marshal's life that he hasn't talked about in his song that we don't know about? Him being white, him hating his own mother, being a junkie and a suicidal psychopath, him aknowledging the fact that if he was black he would have sold half. There is literally nothing Cube could say that would surprise anyone and catch Em off guard. And to the guy who said that No Vaseline is better than Eminem's whole discography...I understand that hating on artists like The Beatles, Eminem etc. is considered cool and edgy as shit nowadays, but you're objectively wrong.

#48 Edited by Cregan_Stark (5403 posts) - - Show Bio

@theflashfire: I don't agree that he's one of the greatest of all time. I think he's good but not great. Popularity doesn't equal greatness.

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#49 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio

@neonindian: lyrics about satan and nuclear war, epic guitar solos, dark imagery, badass bass lines and wide a vocal range. Seriously, what's there not to like about metal?

#50 Edited by MonsterStomp (36982 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucky this is a diss track and not a freestyle...

Prime Eminem would destroy Ice Cube. I don't know if its the newly released "Straight Outta Compton" film that's gotten everyone on Cube's jock (even though admittedly, I do have a newfound respect for the rapper), but Eminem is better off the top of the dome, and there ain't no way past that.

@wolverine08 tell 'em, man!