Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

Elmo on leave from show after actor alleged to having relationship with teenage boy

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/12...hip-with-teen/

The puppeteer who provides the voice of Elmo is on a leave of absence from Sesame Street after denying he had an inappropriate relationship with a teenage boy.

Sesame Street Workshop says it found the allegation against Kevin Clash "unsubstantiated," and granted him leave as he takes "actions to protect his reputation."

In June, the workshop heard from a 23-year-old man who claimed that he had "a relationship" with Clash beginning when he was 16 years old, the workshop said in a written statement.

The statement did not use the word "sexual."

"We took the allegation very seriously and took immediate action. We met with the accuser twice and had repeated communications with him. We met with Kevin, who denied the accusation. We also conducted a thorough investigation and found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated. Although this was a personal relationship unrelated to the workplace, our investigation did reveal that Kevin exercised poor judgment and violated company policy regarding internet usage and he was disciplined," the Sesame Street Workshop statement said.

"Kevin insists that the allegation of underage conduct is false and defamatory and he is taking actions to protect his reputation. We have granted him a leave of absence to do so.

"Elmo is bigger than any one person and will continue to be an integral part of Sesame Street to engage, educate and inspire children around the world, as it has for 40 years."

CNN could not reach Clash immediately for a response. TMZ reported that Clash said his relationship with the accuser "was between two consenting adults and I am deeply saddened that he is trying to make it into something it was not."

WTF?!

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

This would actually explain why Elmo was so poor in mathematics.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Who is gonna take care of Dorthy?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

Gonna see the "Tickle Me Elmo" jokes make a come back.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Vortex13

That actually reminds me of a kid I knew in highschool who had sex with a man when he was underage and then tried to blackmail him for it.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Vortex13 said:

That actually reminds me of a kid I knew in highschool who had sex with a man when he was underage and then tried to blackmail him for it.

What...even...is...

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

This makes a frightening amount of sense.

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13 said:

I almost want to hear more.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vortex13

@slacker the hacker: Not really much more. I knew him but wasn't really friends with him he was a sophomore when I was a senior.

The story is that he apparently met an older man at a party (I don't know how much older) and they had sex, he later told the guy he was 15 (he was really 16) and that if he didn't give him five hundred dollars he was going to tell the cops. He told the guy to drop it in the bushes on a street (it happens to be the street he lived on but obviously I'm not telling you that or his name) But apparently the guy he was blackmailing confessed to the cops and the cops hid and waited for him to pick up the money. The kid who was blackmailing the guy actually had a kid of his own, and as far as I know the person being blackmailed didn't get in any trouble for it and the kid went to jail for three months. He had already dropped out of school by this point. To me it's kind of f##ked up that the guy who had sex with the underage boy didn't get into any trouble and they also didn't release his name in the paper whereas they did release the underage kids name in the paper.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Elmo was overused anyway. Give me more Bert and Ernie.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By thespideyguy

@InnerVenom123 said:

This does make sense.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Samimista

@Dernman said:

Lol! Brace yourselves the memes are coming.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Kovak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kovak

@Dernman said:

No Caption Provided
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn
This has to be the best week for Big Bird... first he finds out he wont be fired since Romney did not get elected as President... now Elmo is a pedo puppet ? Big Bird gets more Airtime now  !
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@King Saturn said:
This has to be the best week for Big Bird... first he finds out he wont be fired since Romney did not get elected as President... now Elmo is a pedo puppet ? Big Bird gets more Airtime now  !
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
@OmegaDynasty said:
@King Saturn said:
lmmfao  !
jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I hate learning things about celebrities. It makes me hate this world. The only one who has never done anything to piss me off is Liam Neeson. I'm sure he's done something, but I don't want to know what it is.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@jobiwankenobi said:

I hate learning things about celebrities. It makes me hate this world. The only one who has never done anything to piss me off is Liam Neeson. I'm sure he's done something, but I don't want to know what it is.

Stoppit. Liam Neeson is a good man.

@InnerVenom123 said:

Do tell

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Gambit1024: Oh, yes I love Liam Neeson. He's easily my favorite celebrity. I actually thought about why I loved him so much (besides the fact that he plays Qui-Gonn, Ra's Al Ghul, John Paul Jones, and others) and came to the conclusion that I know nothing about his personal life. He's smart, modest, and dignified enough to keep the paparazzi from looking into his windows. That takes a lot of effort and skill.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vortex13 said:

What a whore

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KnightRise

"S" is for "Statutory"!

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vortex13 said:

@slacker the hacker: Not really much more. I knew him but wasn't really friends with him he was a sophomore when I was a senior.

The story is that he apparently met an older man at a party (I don't know how much older) and they had sex, he later told the guy he was 15 (he was really 16) and that if he didn't give him five hundred dollars he was going to tell the cops. He told the guy to drop it in the bushes on a street (it happens to be the street he lived on but obviously I'm not telling you that or his name) But apparently the guy he was blackmailing confessed to the cops and the cops hid and waited for him to pick up the money. The kid who was blackmailing the guy actually had a kid of his own, and as far as I know the person being blackmailed didn't get in any trouble for it and the kid went to jail for three months. He had already dropped out of school by this point. To me it's kind of f##ked up that the guy who had sex with the underage boy didn't get into any trouble and they also didn't release his name in the paper whereas they did release the underage kids name in the paper.

Huh. Well that was interesting.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Night Thrasher

As always I believe in innocent until proven guilty or an overwhelming amount of evidence is put forth as with Casey Anthony. So I'm giving Elmo the benefit of the doubt.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By PowerHerc

@Dernman said:

Yeah, this is likely.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sky-pirate

The accuser has recanted the story. Hardly surprising as he went to the Sesame Street Workshop with it, instead of filing charges with the police against Clash.

Though, I have no doubt Clash's career has suffered a major blow from the whole thing.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#28  Edited By umbrafeline

i hope they keep elmo off the show for good. that little red menace has been taking the limelight away from more deserving muppets like oscar the grouch, grover, cookie monster and big bird

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29  Edited By Inverno

Wut...?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#30  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Wow...just wow.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JohnnyGat

Always knew Elmo was evil

I never get tired of this

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Bigheart711

Guess this means there's more screen time for Bert and Ernie, then.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vaeternus

Perhaps Rom was onto something haha.

But seriously, the whole thing was nonsense. The guy came out with this story, then admitted he was OF AGE....idiot lol all he did was make himself look stupid and pretty much killed this guys career or tarnished it.