Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

Dr_Deplorable's Mind Mafia

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

No Caption Provided

Imagine if you will a man who lives in a twisted reality. In his upset mind up is down, black is white, and Villains are Heroes. In this world war is being waged, a war between factions of evil do-gooders, and heroic beasts. You are welcome to join this battle at no real personal risk. Just be sure to wipe your feet off on the way in, because this battle is being waged in…. The Twilight Zone

How it works:

Each player will be assigned a roll in secret with one of three possible affiliations : Heroes, Villains, and third party.

As Villain you can only win once all the Heroes are dead, and Vice Versa.

As a third party you will be given an individual Goal you must complete in order to win.

The villains will have a pm to plan in secret.

There are two phases that last 24 hours Day and Night.

During the day phase players will publicly vote to Lynch or not to Lynch another player. If a player has majority vote they will die.

During the night players can covertly use active abilities by sending me a PM with their intention.

Don't reveal your roll unless you have a strategically valid reason to.

Rules

1. Don't sign up If you are not willing to play regardless of what character you get. Each character has a use and is crucial to their team's success

2. Be kind. Don't take events the games so seriously, and don’t call names or make personal insults. If you do that kind of thing you're an a$$hole

3. Do stuff. Be involved. Get proactive. Whatever. Don't make me have to pm you asking if you are still involved, cause I'm not gonna do that… I’ll just give your roll to your mom…. Your mom really wants me to give her a big roll.

4. Dead people don't talk game play.

5.BOLD YO VOTE I'm pretty cool but I'm not perfect... I'm pretty perfect, but not quite there you know what I mean… I Use alot of ellipses and I just spelled “a lot” as one word. I may miss if you don't bold your sh*t.

6. Don't talk game play outside the game.

7. If you think someone's cheating don't confront them on the board. I feel they may resent that… So if you think someone is cheating pm me.

8. Don't post screenshots to prove your roll, It breaks your game.

9. Do not intentionally sabotage your own team. Yes.. I mean you Queen M.

10. Ability Priority:

Ghost Rider Nightly kill

Meltdown

Hijack

Switch

Redirect

Disable

Protect

Disguise

Investigation

Kill

All other abilities*

Nightly kill

*A few abilities act outside of the priority but can still be affected by a switch/ redirect and disabled or protected from. For instance tracking will allow its user to see people who switched their targets even though it falls lower on the priority list than switch. Or double abilities given will allow a player to use their disabling ability twice even though it falls lower on the priority.

If you are confused or have any general questions don’t be afraid to ask on the forum or in pm.

Special rules

Marko is the "golden snitch", If someone from either team kills him their team wins.

Fear Gozer

“Heroes”

Hannibal Lecter-

No Caption Provided

Active- Surgeon: Hannibal can revive one player with a two night recharge

Passive- Brilliant psychiatrist: Hannibal will learn the identity of anyone he interacts with (Successfully uses an ability on him, or is successfully healed by Hannibal) .

Mad King-

No Caption Provided

Active- The One In The Hole: At night The mad king can select one player to put in his hole.. That player becomes Edgar** they lose any other abilities they have as long as they are Edgar. The Mad king can only have one Edgar in his hole at a time, and can never target the same player twice in a row. This ability takes the same priority as a “disable” move.

( **Edgar: Active- Moo: Edgar cannot speak on the main forum except to say "moo" with any number of O's Passive- Free Edgar 2013: At night any player can attempt to free Edgar ( It counts as an active ability, they may take no other action), they have a 50% chance of failure…)

The Corpirate -

No Caption Provided

Active- The Key to the city: At night the Corpirate can pick red, green, or blue. He can only use the last ability he chose. He can take no other action.

Active- Red: At night the Corpirate can disable one player.

Active- Blue: At night the corpirate can hijack another players abilities with a 50% chance of success. ( you will learn what active abilities they have and be able to us them as you wish)

Passive- Green: The Corpirate cannot be killed at night. This ability can be disabled.

Darth Vader-

No Caption Provided

Active- Force: Each night Darth Vader can protect one player

Passive- Mind Trick: Darth Vader cannot be lynched

Dr. Horrible-

No Caption Provided

Active- Freeze Ray: Each night Dr. Horrible switch two players

Goldfinger-

No Caption Provided

Active- Operation Slam Dunk: Goldfinger can " Irradiate" another player each night. Anyone who targets that player will become disabled instead. This ability happens at the speed of a disable.

Passive- Observing: Goldfinger will investigate any player who interacts with the Irradiated player. (Successfully uses an ability on him, or is successfully irradiated by goldfinger) .

Mr. Gold-

No Caption Provided

Active- Magic: Mr. Gold can disable one player a night

Active- Rumplestiltskin: Mr Gold can disable a second player, That player will be given the opportunity to guess his identity ( three guesses, if half or less of the player remain two guesses… they must pm me the guesses)If they succeed Rumpelstiltskin will be killed.

Bender-

No Caption Provided

Active- 40%: Each night bender can target a player, all abilities they use that night will have a 40% chance of success. This ability works at the speed of a disable.

Passive- Bite my shiny metal….: Any player that targets bender will have a 40% chance of success on all abilities they use that night or the following night.

Passive- Frender: If the Villains lose and Fry is alive Bender still wins. If Bender is has less than half its players remaining and is losing, he may offer to enter a secret pm with fry ( pm me, it will not show up on report)

Sylar-

No Caption Provided

Active- Sylar's Power: Sylar can investigate one player each night

Passive- Clair’s power: Sylar cant be killed at night

Fisk-

No Caption Provided

Passive- Connections: Fisk's vote is worth two during the daily lynch

Passive- Going Public: If Fisk publicly announces his identity his vote will be worth three

The Grinch-

No Caption Provided

Active- Great Grinchy Trick: The Grinch can make any one player appear as any other each night. ( will not show what player in report). This works at the speed of a disguise

Active- Stealing Christmas: Once per game The Grinch can completely undo the events of one phase, he must use this ability directly after that phase . Any actions taken during that phase will be undone, any player lynched will be unlynched. (This ability cannot be used after a phase where Gozer transforms)

Roman Torchwick-

No Caption Provided

Active- Cheat: Roman can give someone double abilities to use on the active ability of their choice ( If the ability has a cooldown it will be reduced by one night, if it is a once per night ability, it can be used twice instead). There is a 50% chance this ability will fail.

Passive- Survive: If Roman is the last remaining Hero, the Heroes win.

The Meta-

No Caption Provided

Active- Equipment: Each night The Meta will get random ability ( Protect, Investigate, Disable, Kill, Switch, Disguise)

Passive- AI…. What does the A stand for?: Each night The Meta will get a random passive ability (Double vote for next day, Can’t be killed, Random when investigated, Can’t be lynched the next day)

Borg Queen-

No Caption Provided

Active- Assimilate: Each night The Borg Queen can invite one player to enter a group pm with her. They can choose to resist (will be shown in report) or join. This has a one night recharge.

Active- Mind Link: The Borg Queen can kill one player in her pm with a one night recharge.

The Demigorgon -

No Caption Provided

Active- Smelling Blood: The Demigorgon can kill one player each night, This ability can only be used on players who were voted for during the last daily lynch, disabled the night before, or resurrected the night before. This ability cannot be protected from and will work on players with an ability that reads “cannot be killed at night”

Passive- Growl: The Demigorgon cant vote during the daily lynch.

The Operative-

No Caption Provided

Active- Fall on sword: Each night The Operative can use this ability on one player, any abilities they use will target themselves. This works at the speed of a redirect.

“Villians”

Robocop-

No Caption Provided

Active- Freeze Creep: Each night Robocop can disable one player.

Passive- Titanium Kevlar: Robocop cannot be killed at night. This ability can be disabled.

Ghostrider-

No Caption Provided

Active- Penance Stare: Once per night ghost rider can choose one player, if they have killed they will be killed, if they have disabled they will be disabled

Passive- Spirit Of Vengeance: Ghostrider is more likely to be the nightly killer, if he is the kill takes first priority.

Church-

No Caption Provided

Active- Possess: Church can hijack another players abilities with a 50% chance of success.

Passive- A Mother F*cking Ghost: If church is dead he can continue to talk gameplay in pm and on the main forum.

Mal-

No Caption Provided

Passive- The Captain: Mal's vote is worth Two during the daily lynch

Active- I Will End You: Mal can veto one players vote each day

X-ray and Vav-

No Caption Provided

Active- Slow-Mo Hands: Each night Vav can use the push from his slo- mo hands to redirect the actions of one player on to another.

Active- Costumes: Each night X-ray can ask Hilda to make a disguise for any player.

Edward Elrich-

No Caption Provided

Active- Alchemy: Each night Edward will get random ability ( Protect, Investigate, Disable, Kill, Switch, Disguise)

Passive- No circle: Each night Edward will get a random passive ability (Double vote for next day, Cant be killed, Random when investigated, Cant be lynched the next day)

Yang-

No Caption Provided

Active- I Burn: At damage level one Yang can Protect one player each night. At damage level two yang can Disable Two players each night, at damage level three Yang can kill one player each night. ( she starts at level one)

Passive- Semblance: Each time a villain directly and successfully targets Yang she will go up a damage level.

Fry-

No Caption Provided

Active- Tin foil: Each night Fry can investigate one player

Passive- Frender: If the heroes lose and bender is alive fry still wins. If Fry’s has less than half its players remaining and is losing, he may offer to enter a secret pm with Bender. ( pm me, it will not show up on report)

Doc Brown-

No Caption Provided

Active- Failed Inventor: Doc Brown can give someone double abilities to use on the active ability of their choice ( If the ability has a cooldown it will be reduced by one night, if it is a once per night ability, it can be used twice instead.) There is a 50% chance this ability will fail.

Active- Time Traveling DeLorean: Once per game Doc Brown can completely undo the events of one phase, he must use this ability directly after that phase . Any actions taken during that phase will be undone, any player lynched will be unlynched. (This ability cannot be used after a phase where Gozer transforms)

House-

No Caption Provided

Active- Diagnosis: House can revive one player with a two night recharge

Active- Vicodin: House can choose to skip his recharge, but his ability will have a 50% chance of failure or causing perma death when used on teammates.

Third

Rick-

No Caption Provided

Goal- Nothing Matters: This game is dumb.. Just sit in the corner and give out points for… whatever… In the end someone will have the most points… Good for them

Active- Point Gun: Give out points

Active- Have a drink: Have a drink

Passive- In another dimension: Rick cant be killed…. Well I mean.. I guess if someone really.. Really wants to kill rick they can… He'll die, but still be able to use all his abilities.

Wiz and Boomstick-

No Caption Provided

Goal- Analyze: Learn everyone's identity.

Active- Research: Wiz and Boomstick can track one player a night and learn the identity of any player who interacts with them.

Active- Death Battle: Wiz and Boomstick can force two players to target each other with a two night cool down.

Zoidberg-

No Caption Provided

Goal- A Successful Doctor Maybe?: Zoidberg just wants to save one patient… But he cant afford to make anymore enemies… So Zoidberg must revive at least one patient from the hero's team and one from the villain's.

Active- Claw Surgery: At night Zoidberg can revive one player with a 50% chance of accidentally perma killing them (they cannot be revived). This ability has a two night recharge.

Passive- I really hate that crab: When investigated Zoidberg will always appear to be from the opposite team. If investigated by a third party he will appear to be a random player. Zoidburg cannot tell or even hint at his identity without my permission.

Felix and Locust-

No Caption Provided

Goal (Civil War)- Have a hand in causing 3 team kills. (They must actively cause or help to cause a misunderstanding that leads to one player killing a player from the same team as them (ex. If the Meta kills Mr. Gold because F&L switched their identity or redirected his attack )/// They may also obtain this goal by greatly adding to or creating an argument that leads to a lynching wherein the lynched party's total number of voters was at least made up f their team by one third (ex. If Hannibal is lynched and voted for by 15 players and five of them were villains.))

Active- Whispered lies: At night Felix and Locust can switch the identities of two players so they will appear as each other's roll that night. This Ability is the same priority as a normal switch.

Active- Invisible Soldier: Felix and Locust can investigate one player a night.

Passive- A Man I Trust: Felix and Locust's vote counts for two during the daily Lynch.

Gozer-

No Caption Provided

Goal- The Destroyer: Kill Everyone :)

Active- Nice puppy: Each night Gozer can protect one player. (this will not appear on the pm)

Passive- Are you a god?: Gozer can survive one kill attempt each night.

Active- Risen: once per game Gozer can resurrect a player.

Passive- Key master, Gatekeeper: Two players (one villain, one hero) will be secret cohorts of Gozer and be in a pm with her. As long as Gozer lives their goal will be the same as hers. Should Gozer die their goal will become their teams. In Gozer’s pm all may continue to talk gameplay after death.

Passive- End of the world: If Gozer the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper are alive when either team is reduced to one half or less of their original numbers Gozer will take a….. New form.

Marko Ramius-

No Caption Provided

Goal- Defect: Marko wins if no one kills him

Passive- The Hunt for Red October: If Marko is killed by a Villain the villains team wins, if a hero kills him the heroes team wins.

Active- Caterpillar Dive: At night Marko can Activate his drive , someone who investigates him will get a random result, and he will survive any kill attempts, during this time he is disabled, this will last two nights (the following two nights) and has a two night cool down.

Active- Fake Meltdown: Once per game Marko can end a phase immediately, all actions taken during this phase will be invalid.

Passive- Sonar: Marko knows who targets him and how they targeted him.

Passive- Brilliant Tactician: Marko can only be killed on a night where at least two players attempt to kill him. If a Hero and a Villain attempt to target Marko in the same night they will target each other instead. ( If the meta and demigorgon try to kill him the same night as Edward Erich, the meta will successfully kill Marko, the demigorgon and Edward will target eachother…. If the meta alone attempts to kill Marko, he will fail. If Edward and Ghost Rider tried to kill Marko in the same night they would succeed

Ghostbusters-

No Caption Provided

Goal- Save the world: For the Ghostbuster to win Gozer must fail.

Active- Cross Streams: Each night The Ghostbusters can target any one player. If that player is not Gozer, the Gatekeeper, or the Keymaster they will be disabled. If it is Gozer, The Gatekeeper, or the Keymaster They will be killed regardless of what abilities they have. This happens at the speed of disable.

Passive- Ready to believe you: Any player dead or alive, can "call" ( pm me) the Ghostbusters secretly at any time to give them tips about Gozer, The Keymaster, or the Gatekeeper.

Dr. Doom is not in this mafia.. He is simply too awesome

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel free to message me with roll requests.

Callouts

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am always down, assuming I am not about to get banned for arguing with a mod anyway.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Warlockmage

I am always down, assuming I am not about to get banned for arguing with a mod anyway.

No Caption Provided

on topic though let me finalize my class schedule and get back to you

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why I keep getting tagged in mafia threads but I'm not really interested (hope that didn't come across as mean)

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

I never really get how these things work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper said:

No Caption Provided

on topic though let me finalize my class schedule and get back to you

If I end up getting banned, I will not make another account and come back, I barely tolerate coming here as it is.

Honestly if it was not for the Mafia games, I would not be here now.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: You should try again.. you actually did good last time ( though you were given a pretty useless roll)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_red_viper  Moderator

Wow. And to think that the original Mafia game here was very close to not even happening. It took some big effort to make it so enough people even join, lol.

Anywho, I might join, not sure yet @dr_deplorable

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can i join?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@dr_deplorable: I'll join. I have just enough time to play. I just don't have enough time to manage a game right now...

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2: No.. sorry.. you're just not cool enough.. * sees your name*.. Oh I'm sorry sir.. please join at your convenience!!

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm in

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: You should try again.. you actually did good last time ( though you were given a pretty useless roll)

Haha, thanks, but I don't remember doing much.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: That would be my doing lol. I made the tag list and some of the people I added were because I thought they'd excel at this game (you included).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: That would be my doing lol. I made the tag list and some of the people I added were because I thought they'd excel at this game (you included).

Lol it's ok

I appreciate the thought, and maybe sometime I'd join in, but they tend to pop up at less than ideal times

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Sorry about that.

@dr_deplorable: I didn't get the tag for some reason, but I'm in. What ever happened to your laptop?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@indomitableregal: it's f*cked.. I ordered a cord for an old laptop online and it just got here.

livewyre718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sign me up

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sign me up my dude

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dr_Deplorable

@fu-dog007: And him..

captaincrazyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sign me up please :)

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Sure, why not. Sign me up.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely in

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Sign me up

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joining~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable:

Not to be nit picky, but Chiwetel Ejiofor 's character from Serinity was The Operative, not The Agent.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: My mistake. I'm a big fan too.. I'm supprised I made it.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Count my humble self in.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

travd6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By travd6

I'm in

StormKing1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't been online in a while so might as well, sign me up.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: I'm doing a cav and running this... it's not that big a deal

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lowlaville: I'm doing a cav and running this... it's not that big a deal

I mean ... we started the cav pre-christmas... he still did not post.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_deplorable: If after a day or so you still need people, I will, but as of right now, I am a tad busy and want to give more enthusiastic viners a chance to join before me.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll join.

Dr_Deplorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 21.. and I really don't wanna start with less than 28..