Donald Trump General Discussion thread

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@black3stpanth3r: lol yep, he's the biggest bozo. But his cabnit and advisors apparently are too cause they NEVER tell him anything lol. That or he just ignores them completely either way yep

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will, I agree with you, when Trump uses a slur... an apology is required.

So you're finally admitting that Trump is a racist and by your own definition is evil, and should apologize. Excellent!

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@boschepg: yes I have considered what he would have done, and it would have been a disaster if Trump did what he is doing now back then

I rethought this and I found my initial thought to be incorrect. The Trump economy would have only succeeded of the back of the stability prior.

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump is a sociopathic, pathological liar, racist, con man. Nuff said.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin said:

So you're finally admitting that Trump is a racist and by your own definition is evil, and should apologize. Excellent!

Will, I have said that if he used the slur that UNREPENTANT democrats used to refer to the region where poor white people live (IE - shithouse) then he should apologize.

Will, I do not believe in identifying people as "racists" as a general principle. The reason is that ideas and policies, like the ones you support, can be racist, but not people. People's ideas and views can change. People can change. People need not be lifelong "racists". It is counterproductive to call someone a racist because they become more entrenched in their racist beliefs. I even believe there is hope for you to recognize that diversity admission policies, racist hiring policies, racist grant distributions, and denying certain ethnicities from even being able to bid on government job are immoral, not much, but there is hope. :)

Avatar image for black3stpanth3r
BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg:

@boschepg said:
@black3stpanth3r said:

@boschepg: yes I have considered what he would have done, and it would have been a disaster if Trump did what he is doing now back then

I rethought this and I found my initial thought to be incorrect. The Trump economy would have only succeeded of the back of the stability prior.

I agree with you here.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin:

@willpayton said:
@just_sayin said:

Will, I have said that if he used the slur that UNREPENTANT democrats used to refer to the region where poor white people live (IE - shithouse) then he should apologize.

Will, I do not believe in identifying people as "racists" as a general principle. The reason is that ideas and policies, like the ones you support, can be racist, but not people. People's ideas and views can change. People can change. People need not be lifelong "racists". It is counterproductive to call someone a racist because they become more entrenched in their racist beliefs. I even believe there is hope for you to recognize that diversity admission policies, racist hiring policies, racist grant distributions, and denying certain ethnicities from even being able to bid on government job are immoral, not much, but there is hope. :)

Hey "Just" I agree that the person who uttered those comments was wrong for saying that, but I just don't understand what this has to do with racism or even immigration, so I fail to see what that has to do with the topic at hand. From what Will was saying, he said that person did apologize. Speaking of apology, has Trump ever apologized for anything he has said or done? A man that is incapable of giving an apology is a man who in his mind (and many of his supporters minds) can do no wrong. Does such a man exist that can do no wrong?

The other thing that perplexes me is, why does he need to make vile racist comments in order to fulfill his agenda? If he wants to build a wall, then he should go through the normal means of producing that wall through legislative means and go through the process, he can do that without insulting so many people who don't fall in line with his descriptions of them. In fact all of his legislative goal's can be accomplished without divisive rhetoric, how does the divisive rhetoric benefit anyone when it only sow's hatred and division? What benefit does he get by insulting entire continents and groups of people besides the indulgence of satisfying his own selfish, prejudicial whims?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: Will, I do not believe in identifying people as "racists" as a general principle

^Sorry friend, but are you saying that racists don't exist? I am a little confused here, I know this isn't true because the internet exists. I know for a fact that racism exists because social media exists, and I have seen people espouse racist propaganda on social media (the President included). I have seen people espouse racism in some of these forums. Some people let their true feelings be known on the internet because they feel empowered by the sense of anonymity in certain corners of the internet.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin:

@just_sayin said:
@willpayton said:
@just_sayin said:

Hey "Just" I agree that the person who uttered those comments was wrong for saying that, but I just don't understand what this has to do with racism or even immigration, so I fail to see what that has to do with the topic at hand. From what Will was saying, he said that person did apologize. Speaking of apology, has Trump ever apologized for anything he has said or done? A man that is incapable of giving an apology is a man who in his mind (and many of his supporters minds) can do no wrong. Does such a man exist that can do no wrong?

The other thing that perplexes me is, why does he need to make vile racist comments in order to fulfill his agenda? If he wants to build a wall, then he should go through the normal means of producing that wall through legislative means and go through the process, he can do that without insulting so many people who don't fall in line with his descriptions of them. In fact all of his legislative goal's can be accomplished without divisive rhetoric, how does the divisive rhetoric benefit anyone when it only sow's hatred and division? What benefit does he get by insulting entire continents and groups of people besides the indulgence of satisfying his own selfish, prejudicial whims?

Your kidding right? Trump most likely used the exact phrase that a Democrat Governor who was praised by numerous Democrats used to describe poor white people. A slur is a slur. I'm pointing out the lefts hypocrisy yet again on this issue - like I point out on basically everything willpayton says.

Apology? I know will said there was a real apology, yet, I was not able to find it, and will has failed to produce it. I know that Schaefers comments still illicit a powerful response from the Eastern half of Maryland.

You seem eager to crucify Trump while simultaneously attempting to find any reason, real or imaginary, to justify the actions of Democrats. Why do you do that? I just don't see the point in turning somersaults and contorting to find reasons to justify the most deplorable actions of someone - even if I share some of their political views. I was kinda surprised the other day when will, who has said before he doesn't support current diversity admission polices was reflexively defending the position of discriminating against Asian students in college admission. Do you really believe that the racism of the left is GOOD racism? I don't. I don't even think will believes that.

I fear that there has been such a polarization in politics that we are more concerning in demonizing the other group than working with them.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to change the subject for one moment, I don't think people realize how big of a deal the end of net neutrality is. Just think of it for a moment, this is a gift to Putin. Our sitting President still won't full throatedly agree that the Russians had anything to do with medeling in our elections, so in turn he hasn't supported any agenda to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. Now with the end of net neutrality, those with the capital to burn can have unprecedented influence on the way that we view the internet (including Russian Hackers) now these hackers can set up almost limitless armies of bots on the internet to influence our political discourse and the way that we receive the news. We all saw the deliberate fake news stories during the campaign (pizza gate) , I have a feeling this was only a primer, and now the Flood gates have really been open now, our Tyrant in Chief needs to take a stand against this, a public stand and really focus on neutralizing the threat, and kill it in it's crib.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lawyer for President TrumpDonald John TrumpHouse Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for ‘serious case of amnesia’ after testimonySkier Lindsey Vonn: I don’t want to represent Trump at OlympicsPoll: 4 in 10 Republicans think senior Trump advisers had improper dealings with RussiaMORE reportedly arranged a six-figure payment to a former adult-film star to keep her from discussing a sexual encounter with Trump, according to a new report Friday.

The Wall Street Journal reported that Michael Cohen, an attorney for the Trump Organization at the time and now Trump’s personal lawyer, arranged for Stephanie Clifford, known in the industry as Stormy Daniels, to receive $130,000 as part of a nondisclosure agreement one month before the 2016 presidential election.

^I don't know if this story is true, but if it is, I believe it gives more credence to the dossier.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Your kidding right? Trump most likely used the exact phrase that a Democrat Governor who was praised by numerous Democrats used to describe poor white people. A slur is a slur. I'm pointing out the lefts hypocrisy yet again on this issue - like I point out on basically everything willpayton says

^I'm just curious who was the Governor that said this?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Who was the Governor that you were referring to again?

byrd42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11715  Edited By byrd42

@black3stpanth3r said:

@byrd42: Will, I do not believe in identifying people as "racists" as a general principle

^Sorry friend, but are you saying that racists don't exist? I am a little confused here, I know this isn't true because the internet exists. I know for a fact that racism exists because social media exists, and I have seen people espouse racist propaganda on social media (the President included). I have seen people espouse racism in some of these forums. Some people let their true feelings be known on the internet because they feel empowered by the sense of anonymity in certain corners of the internet.

Hi, I know that racism exists, and it is sickening. I just think it can be counter productive at times to yell at a racist and tell them that they are a racist. They likely will not believe that they are, and then nothing is accomplished. Upon rereading what I said, I did not say that people are not racists, someone else said that. Donald Trump is unquestionably a racist, as are many that support him (though not all).

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Hey Will , who is this Maryland Governor that he keeps going on about? I don't really recall anything about the story that he mentioned.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look folks. It's no news that I can't stand Trump but I'm also a champion of Intellectual Honesty. There's simply NO denying this (if there is a way, feel free to bring it up and we'll discuss). He clearly called "African Nations" "shit holes" (no one has been able to confirm Haiti yet) and NO ONE has refuted it, and many have confirmed or simply not denied it.

Whether he said it out of racism or (quite conceivably) elitism, both points are equally crappy and FAR beneath his office. This incident has done MAJOR damage to his already shaky credibility with a lot of people at home and CERTAINLY abroad, and frankly the only people with whom he won't come out of this NOT smelling like he crawled out of a "shit hole" with are his rabid base.

Feel free to discuss.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrd42: Thanks for your comments, I agree with you, I didn't mean to tag you in that post, I did that mistakenly, I thought I was responding to the post of "just sayin".

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Thanks bro, I agree with you, I just feel that we are all brother's and sisters, we all have the same maker, the same source and we should all come together. We are stronger as a nation when we all come together, we can't give in to the tactics that divide and make us weaker as a nation.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Thanks bro, I agree with you, I just feel that we are all brother's and sisters, we all have the same maker, the same source and we should all come together. We are stronger as a nation when we all come together, we can't give in to the tactics that divide and make us weaker as a nation.

OMG I couldn't agree with you more if I tried.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Just to change the subject for one moment, I don't think people realize how big of a deal the end of net neutrality is. Just think of it for a moment, this is a gift to Putin. Our sitting President still won't full throatedly agree that the Russians had anything to do with medeling in our elections, so in turn he hasn't supported any agenda to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. Now with the end of net neutrality, those with the capital to burn can have unprecedented influence on the way that we view the internet (including Russian Hackers) now these hackers can set up almost limitless armies of bots on the internet to influence our political discourse and the way that we receive the news. We all saw the deliberate fake news stories during the campaign (pizza gate) , I have a feeling this was only a primer, and now the Flood gates have really been open now, our Tyrant in Chief needs to take a stand against this, a public stand and really focus on neutralizing the threat, and kill it in it's crib

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11722  Edited By HeroUp2112

@heroup2112: Just to change the subject for one moment, I don't think people realize how big of a deal the end of net neutrality is. Just think of it for a moment, this is a gift to Putin. Our sitting President still won't full throatedly agree that the Russians had anything to do with medeling in our elections, so in turn he hasn't supported any agenda to prevent this sort of thing from happening again. Now with the end of net neutrality, those with the capital to burn can have unprecedented influence on the way that we view the internet (including Russian Hackers) now these hackers can set up almost limitless armies of bots on the internet to influence our political discourse and the way that we receive the news. We all saw the deliberate fake news stories during the campaign (pizza gate) , I have a feeling this was only a primer, and now the Flood gates have really been open now, our Tyrant in Chief needs to take a stand against this, a public stand and really focus on neutralizing the threat, and kill it in it's crib

In principal I'm a big opponent of the end of net neutrality, but in practice I'm hesitant to make too big a fuss over it. Everything you're saying is CERTAINLY potentially true, but on the other hand the internet was operating without net neutrality for over a decade (or more) without the nn laws came about in 2015. So at this point I'm taking a "wait and see" posture. I agree though, your worries are certainly valid.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: In principal I'm a big opponent of the end of net neutrality, but in practice I'm hesitant to make too big a fuss over it. Everything you're saying is CERTAINLY potentially true, but on the other hand the internet was operating without net neutrality for over a decade (or more) without the nn laws came about in 2015. So at this point I'm taking a "wait and see" posture. I agree though, your worries are certainly valid

^I can totally respect that, the one thing that I might add to that is that prior to the nn laws the internet already existed in a net neutral void for the better part of 2 decades, it wasn't really until high speed internet and the packaging, and bundling of internet in the mid 2000's did the high speed internet develop to the point that this could become a problem.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Your kidding right? Trump most likely used the exact phrase that a Democrat Governor who was praised by numerous Democrats used to describe poor white people. A slur is a slur. I'm pointing out the lefts hypocrisy yet again on this issue - like I point out on basically everything willpayton says

^I'm just curious who was the Governor that said this?

Schaefer.

But if you prefer I'll use two Obama examples:

1) Libya is a shitshow - Obama's comments just a couple of years ago in the Atlantic. As quoted in the Atlantic:

So we actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1 billion — which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.

Mess is the president’s diplomatic term; privately, he calls Libya a “shit show,” in part because it’s subsequently become an ISIS haven — one that he has already targeted with air strikes. It became a shit show, ...

2) Israeli Leader is a chickenshit

This was said by an Obama Administration official. I think it unfortunately reflects the anti-semitism in the Democratic party. I don't remember "chickenshit" being repeated 36 times in a 3 hour period on CNN when that happened. Or even CNN condemning it.

Go ahead and tell me how Trump is racist for the term shithole but Obama is righteous for using shitshow and chickenshit. But if you don't mind could you draw the diagram out for me so I know when I hear bull shit if it is higher or lower on the liberal excrement scale than shitshow, chickenshit or shithole? :)

Hey, now that 11 indictments have come down relating to Hillary's Russian Uranium deal, when are you going to admit that Trump was right about Hillary's inappropriate deals with Russians?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@just_sayin: Maybe his comment's were elitist, but I think it's a stretch to equivocate his comments on Maryland to be racist. So this is the guy that you are saying is racist against white people? I think it will be hard to make many people believe that these guy's comments were racist against white people.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@just_sayin: Maybe his comment's were elitist, but I think it's a stretch to equivocate his comments on Maryland to be racist. So this is the guy that you are saying is racist against white people? I think it will be hard to make many people believe that these guy's comments were racist against white people.

Pay attention - I said POOR white people. The long term former mayor of Baltimore loved to spend money on those rich counties around DC and Baltimore and did not want to spend money on roads in the rural Eastern Maryland side where it is predominantly white people.

Ever eaten chicken? Then it most likely came from the place that Schaefer referred to as the "shithouse" of Maryland. So the next time you take a bite - think "this came from the shithouse". Tell me, was it finger-licking good?

Your are still deflecting. Why do you want to deify the guy? Would it help if I told you that he supported Bush? Bet that would make him evil in your eyes. Wouldn't it?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin:

Pay attention - I said POOR white people. The long term former mayor of Baltimore loved to spend money on those rich counties around DC and Baltimore and did not want to spend money on roads in the rural Eastern Maryland side where it is predominantly white people.

Ever eaten chicken? Then it most likely came from the place that Schaefer referred to as the "shithouse" of Maryland. So the next time you take a bite - think "this came from the shithouse". Tell me, was it finger-licking good?

Your are still deflecting. Why do you want to deify the guy? Would it help if I told you that he supported Bush? Bet that would make him evil in your eyes. Wouldn't it?

Look man I empathize with you and your wife, I'm sorry if that guy offended you all, what a jack as*, I am still struggling to see what this has to do with what has been in the National Discourse/Dialogue since Thursday. Maybe I'm missing your point, but what does this have to do with Immigration, or the racial preference of Immigrants from one country over those from an entire Continent?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: It just wasn't the fact that he called it a sh*t hole, it was the fact that he expressed preference for one particular group of migrants as opposed to another, I think that's where you are missing the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What did Trump say that was racist?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing at all.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

He called Haiti and a few African countries shitholes.

In a void, nothing about that is racist. But, going along with the other things he's said and done, it's not hard to see why people see it as racist.

Like, imagine some regular dude, who gives you no reason to suspect racism, calls African countries shitholes. Eh, no biggie. They're not the greatest countries.

Now, imagine someone who constantly toes the line of being blatantly racist, basically tried to defend white supremacist, and has said multiple inflammatory things about other races saying something like that. Oh, and he happens to be The President. Eh...yeah....no bueno...seems like he's just dancing along the line again.

And, of course, he has his defenders who won't see him as racist until he straight up calls someone a nigger or a spic :/ and even then...I can see them rationalizing that as harmless free speech lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Like, imagine some regular dude, who gives you no reason to suspect racism, calls African countries shitholes. Eh, no biggie. They're not the greatest countries.

Now, imagine someone who constantly toes the line of being blatantly racist, basically tried to defend white supremacist, and has said multiple inflammatory things about other races saying something like that. Oh, and he happens to be The President. Eh...yeah....no bueno...seems like he's just dancing along the line again.

Ah, right. Where did Trump toe the line of being racist, say inflammatory things and defend white supremacy?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Ah, right. Where did Trump toe the line of being racist, say inflammatory things and defend white supremacy?

I feel like if you're asking questions like that you're either uniformed (which would be weird given you seem like you keep up with news in general) or you don't see what he says as wrong.

Anyways, benefit of the doubt and all, during the Charlottesville protest in which a white supremacist killed a woman and injured half a dozen more, Trump insisted that both sides were at blame...even though only one side took a life. He had further trouble even condemning the white supremacist groups on a idealistic level. Like, The President of The United States should take a clear and obvious stand against neo-nazis and white supremacist, but Trump wavers at best.

As for racism, and I stress that he only toes the line, he's been accused of saying all Haitians have aids, the stuff about Mexicans during his campaign, the stuff about the Gold Star Muslim family and how he got butthurt because the mother didn't want to speak with him, and so on. When you have all this stuff together in context, along with the stuff he's been accused of saying before his presidency, it's obvious they aren't isolated incedents of someone who simply doesn't think before he speaks.

As for the inflammatory stuff....grab her by the pussy?? lol

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

He called Haiti and a few African countries shitholes.

It's worse than that, because what he said was "why do we want people from these shithole countries coming here?", speaking about several African countries, Haiti, and El Salvador, and then went on to ask why we cant have more immigrants from places like Norway.

Just saying a country was a "shithole" would be bad enough because he's the President and should be diplomatic and respectful to other nations. But saying a clearly derogatory and racist comment like that towards the people who live in those places is beyond the pale.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black3stpanth3r said:

Fully agree with both of you. Having different opinions is not what's going destroy us as a country, but fear-mongering, racist, and divisive rhetoric especially from our leaders will surely do so.

On a slightly related note: Did you guys see that there was a false missile attack warning in Hawaii today? People received text messages saying that a ballistic missile was inbound, and it was not a drill. Many people thought there was a war on and they might die within minutes if the incoming missile was targeted at them. I read interviews with some of them, and they mostly felt that because of the current climate with N.K. that this warning felt very real and believable.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11736  Edited By HeroUp2112

@heroup2112 said:
@black3stpanth3r said:

Fully agree with both of you. Having different opinions is not what's going destroy us as a country, but fear-mongering, racist, and divisive rhetoric especially from our leaders will surely do so.

On a slightly related note: Did you guys see that there was a false missile attack warning in Hawaii today? People received text messages saying that a ballistic missile was inbound, and it was not a drill. Many people thought there was a war on and they might die within minutes if the incoming missile was targeted at them. I read interviews with some of them, and they mostly felt that because of the current climate with N.K. that this warning felt very real and believable.

I heard something about that but didn't get much further info. Was it a hoax by some hacker(s), or did some government agency screw up?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:
@heroup2112 said:
@black3stpanth3r said:

I heard something about that but didn't get much further info. Was it a hoax by some hacker(s), or did some government agency screw up?

I believe it was just sent by mistake:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-missiles-falsealarm/ballistic-missile-warning-sent-in-error-by-hawaii-authorities-idUSKBN1F20U1

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worse than that, because what he said was "why do we want people from these shithole countries coming here?", speaking about several African countries, Haiti, and El Salvador, and then went on to ask why we cant have more immigrants from places like Norway.

Just saying a country was a "shithole" would be bad enough because he's the President and should be diplomatic and respectful to other nations. But saying a clearly derogatory and racist comment like that towards the people who live in those places is beyond the pale.

Oh yeah, that's definitely worse.

I find it a little telling that he picks the "whitest" place as a good example for immigrants lol

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11739  Edited By jashro44

I haven't read Trumps statements but I don't know if its racist to call a country a shit hole. Its insulting but I think Trump passed that threshold a long time ago. Anyways what do people think about this:

Loading Video...

EDIT: If trump was talking about the people of the country specifically when he made the shit hole comment than yea I would say that is racist.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11740  Edited By HeroUp2112

@heroup2112 said:
@willpayton said:
@heroup2112 said:
@black3stpanth3r said:

I believe it was just sent by mistake:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-missiles-falsealarm/ballistic-missile-warning-sent-in-error-by-hawaii-authorities-idUSKBN1F20U1

Ohhh my gawd. It's going to be more than just the accidental button pusher finding a new job the way the government works. At the very least that idiot's supervisor is headed for AT LEAST a new, lower responsibility, job in the department if they're lucky. Just damn!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

Oh yeah, that's definitely worse.

I find it a little telling that he picks the "whitest" place as a good example for immigrants lol

Yeah no kidding.

As a general thought on why people from "shithole" countries want to come here... it's exactly because these nations have problems, and those people like anyone want a better life. People from Norway dont want to come here because they live in a great nation, and according to the World Happiness Report, Norway was #1. They have social programs that work well for them and they're much safer than we are, #14 in the World Peace Index. The U.S. is #114. So of course immigrants usually come from places with many problems. But it doesnt mean those people are bad people or that they somehow deserve to be let in any less than a Norwegian.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Yeah I did see that, and Jamie Lee Curtis put the President on blast for it...lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@jashro44 said:

I haven't read Trumps statements but I don't know if its racist to call a country a shit hole. Its insulting but I think Trump passed that threshold a long time ago. Anyways what do people think about this:

Loading Video...

Basically he is doing one of two things:

1. Following the footsteps of the likes of Putin, who also can't abide the existence of a free and critical press that come out against them.
  2. Or, he is being a toad who doesn't realize what he is proposing would get him charged before the ink of his signature has dried.
BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This week was rough for Trump. With the press about Fire and Fury, his bipartisan meeting with Sneaky Feinstein, his Sloppy Steve making statements, his having to call those nations “sh*tholes” to make his point, the porn star story coming back to haunt him, and finally a mistaken nuclear attack emergency for an entire state. Trump is golfing....and about to go on a much needed vacation to the Swiss alps to hobnob with the planet’s wealthiest people with Wilbur Ross, ex VP of Cyprus bank (of money laundering fame) and Mnuchin and wives. On the tax payer dollars. Hope that helps him feel better.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Yeah, pretty major f***up by whoever pushed that button. At least no one (that I know of) was injured. So at least there's that. I could see a panic happening under that type of situation, so I'm just happy that no one was hurt.

@jashro44 said:

Loading Video...

The sheer irony of Trump saying that we need better laws to allow people recourse when someone is saying "false and defamatory", "totally false and knowingly false" things is so beyond belief that my brain is having trouble processing it.

"you cant say things that are false, knowingly false, and be able to smile as money pours into your bank account"... says the guy who accused Obama of not being born in the U.S., of being the literal founder of Isis, and who said that Climate Change is a Chinese hoax. The guy who is profiting every day from his position as President because he refused to divest himself of his financial conflicts of interest and is violating the Constitution as we speak, and refused to disclose his tax returns like every other Presidential candidate and President before him for the last 20 years.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s a фucking moron, a member of both the lucky sperm club and the shallow end of the gene pool.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one craves attention more and possesses less empathy than Donald Trump, the quintessential malignant narcissist.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump is a wealthy bully, not street smart or any other kind of smart. I suspect in a few years King Lear will explain Trump quite well.

Trump is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Not smart enough to know he’s an idiot. Edgar Bronfman Sr has a great quote about people born rich. I can only paraphrase. “Give a man a million dollars and he’ll be broke in 10 years. Give a man $100 mm and he can’t help be double it in 10 years.” Of course Edgar Jr. destroyed the family’s finances but they are all still billionaires.

“In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.”

From Wikipedia. Don’t like Wikipedia? The Dunning-Kruger effect is well documented elsewhere. (Ok I will give it a rest for a while, until he say's something else stupid, you know it's coming...lol )

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On definitions

"S...hole Countries"

Where citizens are:

---denied the vote

---denied access to affordable health care

---exposed to toxic water, food

---government of corruption, greed

US 2016 -

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: It just wasn't the fact that he called it a sh*t hole, it was the fact that he expressed preference for one particular group of migrants as opposed to another, I think that's where you are missing the point.

Most nations in the world have immigration programs that are more merit based. Ted Kennedy and many democrats have expressed the need for merit based immigration decades earlier. You have chosen to see Trump's words as a description of the people rather than a description of the climate of the countries. His statement is rude and insensitive but maybe not racist. You are far more likely to interpret a liberals words as non racist - such as when Obama called Lybia a shitshow or when an Obama Official called the leader of Israel a chickenshit or when a Democrat Governor referred to where poor white people live as a shithouse or when Jesse Jackson called New York hymie town.