This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by daingermouz20 (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if he's a racist. But he sounds like he is with the whole birther thing with Obama. I do have a theory. Trump is actually in bed with the Democrats. That guy that stood up at his rally talking about Muslims and how are we gonna get rid of them Was a plant imo. Everything Trump has done so far hurts he Republican party. A true Republican wouldn't or should not want to hurt his own party. Donald doesn't want to win. He keeps saying these anti minority and anti women stuff knowing it's gonna piss people off. He's saying what the other Republicans wouldn't say but they believe. I may be wrong but that's what I see. The man has absolutely no idea about about policy. He should be a comedian.

#52 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke52: Same here. He's too petty and childish. I can see him causing another Cuban Missile crisis tbh.

#53 Posted by iknowwhoyouare (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump is looking for trouble

#54 Edited by Jumdor (112 posts) - - Show Bio

*snore* Huh, oh you mean Trump has been talking? Please like anyone should honestly hate this guy.

I still think this is all gimmick crap. You won't have anyone in office that the government doesn't want in there. I vote even though I think it's pointless, but I like to think of it as if you don't vote your voting you don't care.

Oh noes he's going to deport people. Please, do you know what kind of civil unrest that would cause. If you thought the riots over cops shooting people were bad you ain't seen nothing like what deportation would cause. Just like simple sheep (including myself) we all just truck along and accept whoever comes up and whine about it after. I didn't agree with Obama, I don't agree with Trump, I don't even think about Clinton, and I didn't agree with Bush.

I really just want truth while the truth is nobody's telling the truth. Trump is a game show that everyone turns to waiting to see what will come out of his mouth next. Much the same way priests used to get people into church in the old days by telling them the darkest scariest version of hell they could come up with. Everyone would line up just to hear the next outlandish shocking thing they might hear.

Truth is people want to do what they think they should be able to do, but don't want to pay the consequences for doing it. The rest of us are going to pay the consequences for letting them do it. Everyone will read this differently with different interpretations of who they are and how they should personally act. Had a girl from France ask me once "Why we didn't just force our president (Bush) at the time to change or get out of office. What she didn't understand is that America is full of all different people. We are not one mind or voice we're all different here. We all think, act, laugh, and talk different.

Truth is we read comics and watch movies about heroes every day to deal with the sad sack our world is in, but we never stop and think maybe instead of just reading about heroes we should take on some of the values of these characters we love. We should become active against things we see as wrong. You want to see the world change and not wait on one man an already corrupted man to do it. Let some of us take up the ideals of Superman that we should stand for something greater than ourselves a people united. That we should look at things like Captain America no matter colour of skin we defend this place and find out who is actually on our side and who is against a peaceful coexistence. To make hard choices like Batman and seek out justice not vengeance against those who would corrupt our way of life with crime and thoughtless violence.

Violence and hate aren't tools to use they are CHOICES we make.

Hating on a guy who's a loud mouth? That's what America loves right? We love the unpopular. The guy who is willing to thumb his nose at everything. Otherwise why would we allow people to become citizens who take a shiz all over our flag. We allow people to not give a dang about singing our national anthem. Oh, but doing those things are against my religion. You could live some where that not doing those things would get you killed, but you still don't show respect to a place that doesn't force you. These people don't care about America they don't love this place and unfortunately those of us who do just let INSIDERS and OUTSIDERS do whatever they want while we stay silent.

We have allowed America to become about who can be the most rebellious. While it should be about can we stand for something greater than who we hate or who says the craziest thing or who does the least for us. It's not about suspicions or betrayals it's about what we're willing to sacrifice to see a place rise where it should be to a level of hope. Not to grand stand on the past, but to make a way for a better future a joint venture of greater proportion. It's not about one man it's about us all together. Hating a man because he says a bunch of crap which he has the freedom to do. Might as well hate ourselves for being cogs in a greater wheel that stopped turning long ago.

America the family not the free.

My apologies if this got lengthy, and please read what I wrote not about the way I spelled what I wrote. spell checking someone is like chopping down a giant tree because you saw a dead leaf on it. You despise the entire tree for the sake of a tiny imperfection.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
#55 Edited by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

He is anti-politically correct.

So am I.

Avatar image for deadpool_the_merc_with_a_mouth
#56 Posted by Deadpool_The_Merc_With_A_Mouth (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Generalization of people. He literally called all illegal immigrant Mexicans drug dealers and rapists. I, having gone through being an illegal immigrant Mexican, have to say that he is a complete xenophobic asshole.

I admire his attempt in making things better. But if he want to do things right, he has to opens his eyes right.

#57 Posted by ARMIV2 (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

His mouth seems to have a lot of foot room. And he really does not seem to care about which foot he shoves in his gob.

#58 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a business man, and not a politician. And that is exactly what my country needs, it needs a business man to fix things. Not a politician, which is just another word for Satan as far as I'm concerned. My entire life, who has it been that has lied to me and gone against their word? Politicians, that's who.

#59 Edited by Keenko (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@birdman400: The way you misquoted Trump's words are insane.

1. He never said "all mexicans," he was talking about illegal criminals from Mexico who come to America because it's easier to get away with things. Hell, in that same speech he clarifies that some immigrants are good people. He's later said that he wants to get Congress to make the legalizing process easier for the families/people without a criminal history.

2. I literally don't even know how you take yourself seriously. He said that it was sad that because Obama had been a bad president, the masses probably wouldn't elect another black man to office.

Disagree with what he says but stop misquoting him and attacking his character. It's fine if you attack him for vague ideas or because you disagree with his immigration policies, but when you have to rely on straight up lying about him, you're just basically conceding that you can't actually counter his ideas.

#60 Edited by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Trump well enough. Not sure I want him for president, but he'd be better than Hillary. His biggest problem is his ego. He can't see past it.

#61 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate Trump. I pity him. I hate that so many people in the GOP support him.

#62 Edited by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

He is anti politically correct.

#63 Posted by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by birdman400 (1558 posts) - - Show Bio

@keenko said:

1. He never said "all mexicans," he was talking about illegal criminals from Mexico who come to America because it's easier to get away with things. Hell, in that same speech he clarifies that some immigrants are good people. He's later said that he wants to get Congress to make the legalizing process easier for the families/people without a criminal history.

2. I literally don't even know how you take yourself seriously. He said that it was sad that because Obama had been a bad president, the masses probably wouldn't elect another black man to office.

Disagree with what he says but stop misquoting him and attacking his character. It's fine if you attack him for vague ideas or because you disagree with his immigration policies, but when you have to rely on straight up lying about him, you're just basically conceding that you can't actually counter his ideas.

actually he said ALL Mexicans ,

#65 Posted by BatWatch (5487 posts) - - Show Bio

@birdman400:

Trump is a lousy person and a laughable presidential candidate, but let's be fair about what he said.

“When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

I would certainly say that Trump is making it sound as if most Mexicans are bad since he only adds the idea that some are good as an afterthought, but he did make that carve out, so it is inaccurate to say he was speaking of every single Mexican.

#66 Posted by Keenko (5187 posts) - - Show Bio
#67 Edited by BlackWind (9791 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty much the negatjve American stereotype. Arrogant, elitist, racist, and has his head up his ass.

#68 Posted by godzilla44 (7460 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him. I don't hate him, at all. I think most people hate him, because they feel that is the popular thing to do. They don't have their own informed opinions and they are just a bunch of followers and care more about being trendy, then having their own point of view.

^^^

#69 Edited by HAMMER_OF_J2 (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Uggggh. He's a hot head who can't control what he says. Plus what he does say for the most part isn't even good (during the debate and even before the debate there was much ad hominem, not ALL from him but still). The only thing that would be good about him becoming president is that he may be able to help our economy due to all of his success in the business world. Other than that, what is there to like about him.

Plus I know he has taken back what he said about Mexicans and blah, but I don't believe him. The first thing that he said was the real him, (like what he said about Carly Fiorina's face)

#70 Posted by dawnone (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty much the negatjve American stereotype. Arrogant, elitist, racist, and has his head up his ass.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#71 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump is better than Hillary Clinton imo. Obama is terrible, but Hillary would make things worse.

#72 Posted by dawnone (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly i don't hate him don't think about him at all, cause he's miles away from me so anything he says is irrelevant, but when i see his self pretentious exaggerated bull crap splattered all over my tv and way of living its get kinda hard to ignore.

#73 Posted by Xaos (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

He's bad enough.

If he would be an equivalent of a roman emperor, he would be... Caligula.

#74 Posted by Billy Batson (60876 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't want to make America great again :/
BB

#75 Posted by Invain (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

The real question should be why does anyone not hate Donald Trump.

#76 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Trump. I could hang with Trump. We would laugh and I would drink Scotch and I'm not sure if he would. But it would be fun, and his ability to say whatever is on his mind and not give two sh*ts what anyone else thinks about it is what makes me like him so much.

#77 Posted by Renchamp (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him, but also don't think leaders should call other people losers. Leaders are supposed to get the best out of people, not tear them down. As such, I don't want him as a leader.

#78 Posted by swiftbullet (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

I am european, i dont know and i dont care.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#79 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a racist.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
#80 Posted by PreCrisisBardock (8909 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno.

He's good with foreign things, but domestic things he's meh.

Rand Paul 2016

#81 Posted by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

Being outspoken is fine.

Speaking loudly about things you 1) know nothing about or 2) know are false is dastardly.

For me it was the "81% of whites are killed by blacks" tweet which turned him from a dolt to a nemesis. This kind of false stat will get people - who don't know or care enough to vet - riled up and might get people hurt. Putting something out there that inflammatory is more than just sloppy. I wouldn't even put something like that on my own little FB page without Googling it first. Nevermind someone who wants to lead the country. Where are his handlers?

I get it. There are some percentage of Americans who just ignore facts and operate based on some feeling they have about the way things should be, who deserves what, and what others need to be doing with their own lives. These people feel that they have the right to go out and force people to obey their directives. It's weird that they are so up in arms about ISIL cause they are just like them.

These people are a menace to our society.

#82 Edited by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

Success breeds jealousy, and Trump is super successful.

#83 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's an arrogant immoral prick.

#84 Posted by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

@keenko said:

What about the "81% of whites are killed by blacks" tweet?

Defend that.

#85 Posted by SpitfirePanda (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes, I think Trump's hair is looking at me funny.

#86 Posted by Noone301994 (22169 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's blunt, not politically correct, and a lot of people blindly believe the mainstream media and their many attempts to bash him at any chance they get.

#87 Edited by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by Mortein (6044 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't care how his actions will effect other people.

#89 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (7471 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortein: Niether do I. If your an adult you don't have to.

#90 Edited by Dewin50 (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

"With the terrorists you have to take out their families. When you get these terrorist you have to take out their families."

"Would i approve waterboarding? You bet your ass i would, in a heartbeat. I would approve more than that, it works and if it doesn't work they deserve it anyway"

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S . manufacturing non-competitive."

Want to have a database on all muslims in America and them having special ID cards.

Using Neo-nazi crime statistics on twitter.

And a lot more fun stuff.

#91 Posted by Rubear (4651 posts) - - Show Bio

People are jealous because he is antipolitcorrect and influential man so he can speak whatever he want unlike them.
He has real freedom of speech.

#92 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44282 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he sucks.

#93 Edited by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

If that tweet of his about 81% of whites being killed by blacks is real, then I really do question where his support is coming from.....

I mean, do you guys that defend him agree with that or....?

#95 Posted by Ryagan (5193 posts) - - Show Bio

@renchamp said:

I don't hate him, but also don't think leaders should call other people losers. Leaders are supposed to get the best out of people, not tear them down. As such, I don't want him as a leader.

Well said. Unfortunately, people love it when someone fuels their anger, which Donald Trump does very well. Negative feelings are generally more powerful than positive ones, which is a shame.

#96 Edited by JulieDC (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides his ignorance and hatefulness, he hasn't shown that he has any tact which is vital in dealing with diplomatic/international issues. He'll probably insult world leaders and his attitude of "who needs them anyways" could be costly to all of us. What he does in his own business empire is one thing, but that won't fly running a nation. Only reason he has the attention he has is because of his political incorrectness, which sadly has been endearing for some to be enough to support him. Other than that, he has done nothing to prove why he should be in office.

#98 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio
#99 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: So, I guess you agree with him, but most of the sites I've seen have said that such a statistic is false, and not only that, but the "Crime Statistics Bureau from San Francisco" that he sites in his tweet allegedly does not exist.

For example, this site references the FBI and pretty much says that everything said there was just racist bullshit.

But even still, sending me a link doesn't really help me understand anyone's side on this

If Trump actually said that...which, clearly he must have, then I can't understand how he thinks he's going to get the black vote or hispanic vote considering stuff like this. I mean, for Christ's sake, did anyone see the tweet? Do people really not see why it might seem a tad bit racist in intent? I mean, I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a black guy why I see this a little differently than white people do, and I don't think that I have much of a bias, but do people really not understand what's wrong with that tweet or.....? I mean, am I being sensitive if I actually have a problem with this tweet? It would be one thing if it were true, but literally every site that I've seen (even ones that aren't left) pretty much say that it's BS.

One quick thing, though. I've noticed that a lot of the sites that you link to and follow tend to be a bit...right-wing in terms of views, and I've generally noticed that right-wing sites tend to not be very minority friendly (after reading the comments from a few pages, my suspicions seem to be confirmed)......this coming from a person that isn't even left-leaning, so can you help me out a bit on these questions?

I mean, tbh, I didn't really feel one way or another about Trump before this, but now.....I'm really questioning him, his popularity, and the kind of people that he attracts...

EDIT: if I come across as rude, just know that I apologize and it's not directed at you. It's just that this has unsettled me because it's like I've been living underneath a rock for the past few months.....I mean, I knew many of his followers were incredibly racist and bigoted after reading their justification for why they supported him, but I just wasn't too sure. But now, after seeing his actions and comments in racial matters and re-examining his followers, I'm beginning to have my doubts, ya know? It just kinda makes me wonder the type of people that support him.

I know that a lot of people that like him are anti-PC, and I honestly hate PC, too, but a lot of his followers are really......well, racially controversial, in light terms.

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#100 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (953 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Because he wants to "Make America great again" by removing the things that made it great to begin with.