Donald Trump General Discussion thread

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So... This thread has so many response that Comic Vine just can't link you to the end?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9502  Edited By willpayton

@hollow_point said:

1. As an active duty Marine, I absolutely knew when I signed the dotted line, there was a chance I could be killed. During my last deployment, not only did the country's military attempt to overthrow their government, but our Intel guys got daily reports of Isis being right outside the gate. Hell, mortar base plates were even buries, ready to use. So yeah, the good Sgt. Knew exactly what he sintes up for. Which brings me to my second point.

First let me just say thanks for your service, I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.

@hollow_point said:

2. Do you really think Trump would go out of his away and waste his own time to call the widow of a fallen soldier just to insult and disrespect the family? The context was clearly "He knew what he was signing up for, but he did it anyway." Do you really think that the American people's intelligence is so low that they can't see through a phony media report, or is your own intelligence just that low?

It would not be outside his character. Would he do it on purpose? Maybe not. Would he do it because of being careless with words or just plain being self centered and lacking any self-awareness or compassion for others? Yeah, I can see that being the case. That's entirely consistent with Trump's personality. Remember this is a guy who attacked McCain and said he wasnt a war hero... oh wait, he was a "war hero" only because he was captured. "I like people who werent captured", said Trump. Is this really the guy you want to defend and try to make excuses for?

Should I keep going? Trump admitted on tape to sexually assaulting women. He publicly insulted another family of a dead soldier. He has made racist attacks on judges, has compared out intelligence officials to Nazis, has called the press the "enemy of the people", has lied at every possible opportunity about anything and everything, is using his office to personally benefit financially, refuses to divest himself of his conflicts of interest, has appointed a dozen people to top positions who have broken the law and have been working for foreign powers. Has insulted our best allies in the world, caused them to stop sharing intelligence with us because of his ignorance and carelessness, divided our country agaisnt itself. More??

How much evidence of Trump's corruption, incompetence, and total lack of common sense or morality do people need before they stop making excuses for him and enabling him?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: oh, and all of this is going off of Rep. Wilson saying Trump disrespected the fallen soldier. Trump has claimed he didn't. At this point were going to need the widow to tell her side before we can believe anything

The widow sided with Rep. Wilson

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Do you really think that the American people's intelligence is so low that they can't see through a phony media report, or is your own intelligence just that low?

It's called being insensitive. Clearly you're unaware that isn't always intentional ;)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

The Obama Administration's violations against journalists were not limited to FOX. Due to FISA court disclosures we know about FOX and the German media. In addition to that the AP was targeted and forced to provide 2 months of their emails. Further, CBS confirmed that a reporter's work computer had been breached by an IP associated with the government.

I agree with you Holder did not do this on a whim. If you believe that every member of the Associated Press in DC is a foreign spy then I guess your rationale makes sense. Otherwise, you might want to consider an alternative theory about why Holder did this.

FOX's Chief White House Reporter was secretly charged under the Espionage Act in a FISA court and then wiretapped for 3 years. Rosen is still an active journalist. Why accuse him of treason in court and then not prosecute him, especially since the charge has become publicly known? Even Holder has said he doesn't believe Rosen is a spy.

And do we know why they did these things? Look the point is that the government can and will look into anyone who raises a red flag on their monitors, sometimes it's nothing, sometimes its something. Journalists cannot be granted a free pass just because they are journalists, because their job is to report and dig up stuff people may not want out. And to tell you the truth, a journalist seems like the perfect cover for someone with a much shadier motivation than simply the news.

Not every member, obviously, but considering people like AP send emails left and right to the far corners of the world, it shouldn't surprise really that a security organisation would like to know who exactly they were talking to.

They didn't pounce on him for the same reason they dont pounce on people like this in TV or movies. If things really were that way, then Rosen would just have been the field-man, and leaving him to wander and keep an eye on him would allow the cops/agents to find out who Rosen was working for, how he did it and who was aiding him. Just knocking Rosen out would just be a setback to the network behind him, one they might eventually replace somehow and carry on. Holden may not have believed Rosen was a spy, but evidently he had seen enough flags around him that warranted a closer look.

Like take this as an example, Rosen is like a bored teenager who types in the names of terrorist organizations and bomb-making guides in his browser, both things are red flags people like the CIA notice and they as a matter of course get interested. To them, it might just be a bored teenager fooling around on the net, or it might be a potential terrorist.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_saiyan_devil: allocate government money instead of to many useless things we are currently funding. Perhaps Obama should have used the 33 billion he gave to Iran, and instead use it for medical care

Please tell me you know whose money that was. HINT: if you say it was the American taxpayer's money you're wrong.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... This thread has so many response that Comic Vine just can't link you to the end?

On another forum on which I post, the thread starter or a moderator closes a thread after a certain number of posts, then starts up the sequel thread for the continuation of conversation if it is needed. It certainly would be in this case.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9508  Edited By just_sayin

@outside_85: I guess you can choose to believe that the Associated Press, CBS News, Fox News, and German news organizations are all spies.

Or it could be a pattern of misconduct. For instance in the Hill News story today it details how the Obama Administration strong armed an FBI informant to drop his civil case so that the Russian-Clinton Bribery case wasn't publicized until after the election. As the Hill understands the importance of the act the story reads:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Trump even tweeted about it today:

No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9510  Edited By Pyrogram
No Caption Provided

Trump is BEYOND a joke.

This is literally a straight up lie.

Literally, lying without any other interpretation about an ally country. It's like Donald Trump is trying to lie as much as he can and make his supporter seem like absolute idiots.

He could get away with literally ANYTHING and his sheep would defend him.

The POTUS Office is just a meme now. The least patriotic President ever - disrespects soldiers and lies in public knowinghe is lying.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatutzeraze: irrelevant

Well it IS relevant if you're claiming Obama "gave" 33 billion to Iran. That verb carries the implication that it was American money and it never was. In the right-wing echo chamber it is easier to demonize President Obama if you are led to believe he "gave" American money to Iran. He flatly did not.

I would agree with you on one matter, though. It should be irrelevant to this thread because it is a criticism of Obama instead of a defense of President Trump. If this were a thread about Obama, I would understand more about him being the focus. but this is a thread about Trump.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9512  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9513  Edited By Hatutzeraze

@pyrogram said:
No Caption Provided

Trump is BEYOND a joke.

The other day I was watching one of the many shows that has taken him to task for his many outright lies. His fallback position, if called out on them, is something along the lines of "many people are saying" these things, as if he personally has no responsibility for what he repeats.

It seems very clear to me he just makes up nonsense to fit the preconceived imaginary world he lives in, dodges vigorously when asked to support his claims with evidence, then distracts the media and society with stunts that ultimately mean nothing, like spending hundreds of thousands of American dollars to send Pence to a football game he never intended to stay at.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9514  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@hatutzeraze: your point is irrelevent. It was money that was under Obama's control. He paid more than 33 billion to the biggest terrorist supporting nation in the world. He should have instead used that money for something better, like helping people in our nation. We shouldn't pay back Iran for anything until they stop supporting and funding ISIS.

Obama is definitely not irrelevant here, he was the president before Trump incase you didn't know. His work directly effects Trump and our country in mostly negative ways.

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatutzeraze: your point is irrelevent. It was money that was under Obama's control. He paid more than 33 billion to the biggest terrorist supporting nation in the world. He should have instead used that money for something better, like helping people in our nation. We shouldn't pay back Iran for anything until they stop supporting and funding ISIS.

Obama is definitely not irrelevant here, he was the president before Trump incase you didn't know. His work directly effects Trump and our country in mostly negative ways.

Again, I am going to object to your verb. You said he "paid" Iran. That verb implies that in some way the money belonged to President Obama and the American people. It did not. It was never American money to spend on American things. He didn't and he never could pay them that money because it was never ours to pay to anyone.

He un-froze money that belonged to Iran - Iranian money. What you propose being done with that money would be immensely corrupt.

I do agree that Obama has relevance in this thread. I absolutely do NOT agree that the effects of his presidency were mostly negative.

My problem with his mention is that in a Donald Trump discussion thread, no one seems to be even trying to make the case that OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT is an ethical, intelligent, competent leader. Instead, when I see constant diversions to people of the past, even the recent past, like Obama and Clinton, who will never be president now or in the future, it comes off as a pretty weak defense of the current state of affairs. It is as if there is a blanket concession that, yes we know he is absolutely terrible, but instead of admitting that, folks would prefer to make comparisons to the past, as if we bear no responsibility to the present or the future.

Trump is our president right now. That's a problem not just for America, but for the whole world.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatutzeraze:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2016/09/07/us-iran-billion-hostages-arms-deal

No it looks like he flat out gave them money.

"The Obama administration has maintained that the $400 million was the first part of $1.7 billion sum it had agreed to pay Iran to resolve a failed decades-old arms deal made with the government of the Shah of Iran, which had paid the Pentagon a $400 million deposit prior to the 1979 uprising that ousted him. The $400 million was for airplane parts, which were never delivered, the Journal reports."

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9517  Edited By just_sayin

@pyrogram said:
No Caption Provided

Trump is BEYOND a joke.

Literally, lying without any other interpretation about an ally country. It's like Donald Trump is trying to lie as much as he can and make his supporter seem like absolute idiots.

The POTUS Office is just a meme now. The least patriotic President ever - disrespects soldiers and lies in public knowinghe is lying.

Trump is technically correct, though misleading. Police reported crime did increase by %13 over the past year, while violent crime increased by 19% over the past year. While this increase did happened "amid" the spread of Islamic Terror in the UK, a correlation has not been established. "Amid" is a big wiggle word. But it seems that he is trying to make a connection between the two that is beyond what the statistics say.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:
No Caption Provided

Trump is BEYOND a joke.

Trump is technically correct, though misleading. Policy reported crime did increase by %13 over the past year, while violent crime increased by 19% over the past year. While this increase did happened "amid" the spread of Islamic Terror in the UK, a correlation has not been established. "Amid" is a big wiggle word. But it seems that he is trying to make a connection between the two that is beyond what the statistics say.

Yeah, correlation does not equal causation but it can bring about ideas.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9519  Edited By just_sayin

Now here is some scientific evidence that may influence you to become a Republican! A new study indicates that though Democrats are 23% more likely to cheat than Republicans, they are having 22% less sex than Republicans. Further, the more you associated with Democrat policies, the more likely you are to cheat and have infrequent sex.

Now I understand why so many lefties on this sight are so irritable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here is some scientific evidence that may influence you to become a Republican! A new study indicates that though Democrats are 23% more likely to cheat than Republicans, they are having 22% less sex than Republicans. Further, the more you associated with Democrat policies, the more likely you are to cheat and have infrequent sex.

Their girlfriends won't give it up cuz "omg female empowerment" lol and the guys are huge cucks and prolly beg for sex under the pretense of worshipping "the goddess".

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think that the right is having more fun. Then take this quiz. Can you pick the woman that supports the Democratic Party from these pictures of news journalists:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9522  Edited By Pyrogram

@just_sayin said:
@pyrogram said:
No Caption Provided

Trump is BEYOND a joke.

Trump is technically correct, though misleading. Police reported crime did increase by %13 over the past year, while violent crime increased by 19% over the past year. While this increase did happened "amid" the spread of Islamic Terror in the UK, a correlation has not been established. "Amid" is a big wiggle word. But it seems that he is trying to make a connection between the two that is beyond what the statistics say.

No. He is wrong, and straight up lying. You can't defend blatant factual lies.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has this got to do with Donald Trump? Stop deflecting and derailing the thread.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: The statistical numbers that Trump mentions are correct. There has been a 13% increase in police reported crime in the UK. He could have cited the 19% increase in violent crime in the UK in the past years. You can view a fact check here. Where Trump's statement is misleading is in regard to a connection to Islamic terrorism. The statistics do not go to that level of detail to make that determination.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9525  Edited By just_sayin

@pyrogram said:
@just_sayin said:

What has this got to do with Donald Trump? Stop deflecting and derailing the thread.

You seem very irritable.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: I don't like how much you defend Trump despite him laughing in your face and lying, it's irritating, yes.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@just_sayin: I don't like how much you defend Trump despite him laughing in your face and lying, it's irritating, yes.

Just how long have you been irritable? :]

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think that the right is having more fun. Then take this quiz. Can you pick the woman that supports the Democratic Party from these pictures of news journalists:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

I'm not claiming who you support but the very people that claim that about Trump had no problem supporting Hillary...

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9530  Edited By Pyrogram

@cable_extreme: Well I think Hilary is stupid too so yeah. I’d never vote for her.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it is obvious that some aren't getting any it. I don't want to make them more irritable than they already are. They have been blue for far too long, here is some good news.

Since Trump won the election in 2016 the Dow has set 66 record closing highs. Yeah Trump.

In fact the Stock market has soared 150 points just today on the hopes of Trump's tax reform.

Avatar image for super_saiyan_devil
Super_Saiyan_Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE'S STILL DEFENDING HIM.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE'S STILL DEFENDING HIM.

Hey, there is plenty to criticize about Trump. But be willing to admit when he does something right; like this week's news of the speed of ISIS' weakening increasing since Trump took over and the record breaking high's in the stock market.

Or how about the CIA's statement today that Russia's meddling did not affect the outcome of the election.

intelligence community's assessment is that the Russian meddling that took place did not affect the outcome of the election

CNN must be very irritable right about now.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: who would have guessed that a business man is better for the economy than a politician? Lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: well I guess hating everyone is the easy route.

Avatar image for black3stpanth3r
BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Lol hhahaha, it's not entirely the same thing, one debate is based on fictional characters from 2 different universes, and the other one is real life...lol, just a little different.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: I don't think you understand how wire tapping works, if you did you would know how BS all of that stuff is, get off of Breitbart's nuts for once.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: I don't think you understand how wire tapping works, if you did you would know how BS all of that stuff is, get off of Breitbart's nuts for once.

Context needed. What are you referring to?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: I don’t hate Bernie or even a few other Republican candidates.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: A few pages back you were comparing the NSA wire tapping for national security reasons, to blocking free speech.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trumps travel ban fails again, why isn't Russia on the travel ban list again? Tramp claims that the countries on the travel ban list were sited by the intelligence agencies as having individuals who were likely to launch an attack in the U.S., these same intelligence agencies sited that Russia launched a cyber attack on the country, and are still attacking us, but yet they are not on the list of banned countries? He either believes his intelligence agencies or he doesn't?

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has the Presiden't labeled the Las Vegas attacks an act of terror yet? If not, why hasn't he, can terrorism only be performed by one religious ideology, can terrorism only be performed by one group of people?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9543  Edited By Cable_Extreme
boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@just_sayin: @cable_extreme: if you can read between the lines, Mattis talked with French Defense Minister Florence Parly today. The Empire is about to strike back in French heavy west Africa

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9545  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@boschepg said:

@just_sayin: @cable_extreme: if you can read between the lines, Mattis talked with French Defense Minister Florence Parly today. The Empire is about to strike back in French heavy west Africa

Loading Video...

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: What's the definition of a terrorist?

FBI definition

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Ok I was hoping you would quote that definition, the Las Vegas Shooter fits that description to a Tee, unlawful use of violence: Check, intimidation or coercion: Check, now we don't know his political leanings we are still piecing that together, even if he had no recognized political leanings as in left or right he would be considered an anarchist which in itself is a political motivation: Check

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9549  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@cable_extreme: Ok I was hoping you would quote that definition, the Las Vegas Shooter fits that description to a Tee, unlawful use of violence: Check, intimidation or coercion: Check, now we don't know his political leanings we are still piecing that together, even if he had no recognized political leanings as in left or right he would be considered an anarchist which in itself is a political motivation: Check

Intimidation or coercion? He didn't attempt to intimidate, he intended to kill. Intimidate the government or the people is to keep them from doing something out of fear. Sadam Hussein for example used intimidation to keep terrorist groups in check. There was no intention to indimidate, nor was there any clear political or social motive. He does not yet fit the definition of a terrorist as his only goal we know so far was to kill people.

BLACK3STPANTH3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Dylan Roof fits that definition too, but Trump never called him a terrorist even though Trump is so quick to label things as terrorism in other countries without having all the facts.