Does the term “misogynist” get overused today?

• 109 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does the term “misogynist” get overused today? (69 votes)

Yes 78%
No 22%
 • 
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yes.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator
noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overused is an understatement.

Not uncommon for people to throw buzzwords like that around when they feel like being the victim.

If anything, I would argue that those who overuse the term are the real misogynists. Thanks to people like them, true misogyny, like women dying in custody in Iran or being unable to receive proper education in Afghanistan, is not being treated as seriously.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and "misandrist" is underused.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely it is

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Only if you spend all your time on social media....

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet 80% of people don’t even know what misogynist means these days

Avatar image for deactivated-64a6a0f766a79
deactivated-64a6a0f766a79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, same case with "woke"

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arctika

@mr-yes: lol true. I kid you not one dude on youtube tried to tell me it meant "looking at a women the wrong way, glancing if it offends her it's creepy and potentially misogynistic" 🤣😐 Sounds like gym karen mentality.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

@mr-yes: lol true. I kid you not one dude on youtube tried to tell me it meant "looking at a women the wrong way, glancing if it offends her it's creepy and potentially misogynistic" 🤣😐 Sounds like gym karen mentality.

Ain’t no way 🤣🤣

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you waste all your time scrolling through Twitter and Tumblr, then yes

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@arctika said:

Ain’t no way 🤣🤣

Crazy huh? lol but then that's youtube, twitter etc for you. You know the types that think a guy can't hit on a chick he finds attractive because it invades her space kind of bs lol...yeah lol.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika: Probably why I'm afraid to ever go on a date

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaper4: lol yeah I don't blame you. I read something the other day a lot of american guys are going to europe to find a nice lady. The rule applies in general but American women especially now days have changed compared to previous decades. Even older and some cases younger women have told me this, kind of scary.

Avatar image for tobeymaguire111
Tobeymaguire111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, and so does “woke”

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_wspanialy  Online

Yes. It has lost its meaning.

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days, the word misogyny is defined as asking women to take responsibility and accountability.

Sad to see the term lose its meaning.

Avatar image for deactivated-64a6a0f766a79
deactivated-64a6a0f766a79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LightorDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it’s overused. The effect is that people who aren’t are now labeled as misogynistic, and people who are actual misogynists are defended.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOHOOUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any left-wing liberal terms gets overused these days

DCEU_Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, everyone is labeled as a misogynist these days.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days anything and everything can be interpreted as misogynistic with proper mental gymnastics.

It's sad to see.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArranVid
@noobsnowman said:

Overused is an understatement.

Not uncommon for people to throw buzzwords like that around when they feel like being the victim.

If anything, I would argue that those who overuse the term are the real misogynists. Thanks to people like them, true misogyny, like women dying in custody in Iran or being unable to receive proper education in Afghanistan, is not being treated as seriously.

I agree with this comment by noobsnowman.

@ghostodoofus2 said:

Yes and "misandrist" is underused.

I agree with this comment by ghostodoofus2.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it’s overused. The effect is that people who aren’t are now labeled as misogynistic, and people who are actual misogynists are defended.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Applekidthethird

Most buzzwords on both sides have lost all meaning. Examples include words like "incel", "woke", "canceled", "sexist", "snowflakes", etc.

normanale835

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes,just as "woke", or "Mary Sue"

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DarkRealm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Feminist and simp is just as overused.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Steve40L  Online

@arctika said:

Crazy huh? lol but then that's youtube, twitter etc for you. You know the types that think a guy can't hit on a chick he finds attractive because it invades her space kind of bs lol...yeah lol.

I mean it kind of depends. People can be really weird, and just make others feel uncomfortable. A lot of nice guys have sprouted from this mentality. Independence and disdain for uncalled sexual behavior isn't a bad thing. Obviously you can't just say bad or good, it's very situational but just in general, I can at least see where they're coming from. People can be too much and I've been on the reviving end of that.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By arctika
@steve40l said:

@arctika said:

I mean it kind of depends. People can be really weird, and just make others feel uncomfortable. A lot of nice guys have sprouted from this mentality. Independence and disdain for uncalled sexual behavior isn't a bad thing. Obviously you can't just say bad or good, it's very situational but just in general, I can at least see where they're coming from. People can be too much and I've been on the reviving end of that.

Most of the time if someone is being actually creepy it's pretty much obvious be it from a guy or a girl, it happens both ways I've seen it personally at jobs but in general you only tend to hear it when it's a guy hitting on or talking to a girl. I too speak from personal experience, my last job a few years back had this girl I only knew/worked with a month wanted to date me and was a bit aggressive, she was also odd. She wanted to hook up, date yet she was still hanging out with her ex often and good friends with him. She also said that wouldn't change so instant red flag but I digress lol. But a prime example of when it's exaggerated or flat out not true are the gym karens there's tons of vids out there showing it and a good portion of them are even broken down by women themselves pointing out that those types of women have issues. If they look for the attention then see a guy just glance they label them as "creepy" which it's not, they wear something sexy on purpose at a gym or in general you're going to get guys looking at you. I see this as quite normal. If a guy goes up to a girl and seems insistent, actually creepy that's a different story but I'm talking in terms of just every day things that some women label a guy "creepy" even if he's not, she may feel that way but that doesn't mean she can't be wrong in that situation especially the ones where they tape it then show the world, the world calls them out on it then they delete the video lol. One video the guy went over to help this girl who was recording herself, and she got all offended. People called this girl online like you wouldn't believe, she tried to say "he was creepy" when he was just trying to help, it's not like he was behind her pulling a Joe Biden hair sniff or something lol. People including other women will call them out on this, then they get mad and pull the misogynist card...Now not saying this is every case, just a lot of them these days so while there are creeps out there, the genuine good guys have to be on guard.

Nice guys tend to get the shaft in general that's one example of how, as well as others besides that but I can be here all day opening that can of worms. A lot of times, nicer guys get the short end as well, a girl will date the bad boy then later on they realize they picked wrong and cry over it, break up then have a bad outlook on guys in general. Again speaking from personal experience as I've worked with women who have had "bad boy" BF's yet they get abused, cheated on then have cried to other guys about it(me being one of those guys) a nice girl too, a shame she had bad judgement, she even used to tell me "I'd date you if I didn't have a BF honestly" and she'd tell me this a bit, this was a different girl from the other one at another job from years ago. Not to go off topic here but just saying while nobody is perfect, a lot of times a woman winds up making an error in judgement then gets screwed over then assumes "all guys are creeps" nice or not and that's simply not true, there are good guys out there just trying to talk to women and other cases some guys unfortunately have less experience and come off as awkward or nervous but does that mean they're "creepy" just because the girl feels uncomfortable? You know what I mean? I see those cases as very different than the guy more stubborn, being a douche and being very confrontational.

All I'm saying. I have no issue when there actually is disdain for uncalled for sexual behavior but when it's fabricated or exaggerated then they have to take responsibility for their actions in that case. As a nicer laid back guy myself and someone who's witnessed other cases of this I speak from personal past experience. Keep in mind also in most cases if a girl does the opposite crowds a guy, touches him most of the time he won't make a big deal out of it as when the reverse happens even if it's in good nature. Yes, sometimes people can be stubborn and not want to take no for an answer but other times people make a big deal out of nothing too. Like you said, it all depends on the situation. I respect how you feel though, it's just a different world out there now in general.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By noobsnowman

I mean in this vine alone I've been called a misogynist and incel for using reasoning and basic common sense, it's proof that it's a buzzword that people throw around when they have no argument and play the victim instead.

Let alone in the real world when people casually scream misogyny when the slightest things don't go the woman's way. Let's be real: Misogyny barely exists in the western modern world (except the trans and esports communities), if anything women never had this much of an easy life at any point in human history until the modern times. So people saying that misogyny exists in the western world are the actual misogynists, because thanks to people like them, true misogyny in third world countries are not taken as serious.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Steve40L  Online

@arctika I agree with just about everything you said. All that stuff happens and it's really unfortunate. As I said, I've been on the receiving end, and I've seen how girls can just kinda do things (like a lot of girls always think it's just ok to take pictures of you even without you knowing). People like screaming wolf, and it undermines those who do need help.

@noobsnowman I've seen you say blatantly sexist things and use bad logic, so I don't think "using logic" is the reason you've been called an incel and misogynist. This is the third time you've posted something here (not even responding to someone else) so stop compensating

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: Yeah, indeed unfortunate. Yep. I've been on the receiving end of both myself. Sadly this is a result of modern society influencing imo younger women specifically with things like tic tok that's where these ridiculous trends and such come from usually. I've noticed those vids it's usually women in their late 30's to middle aged calling out the younger ones doing this to guys. Yeah I agree, personally since it's not technically illegal to record others in public(I know most don't like it) I get that, for me what bugs me more is the taking things out of context than someone taping me per-se if that makes sense. Of course I'd like to be asked if it's ok to do so first lol. That's true, the thing that's ironic about this are a lot of those types who scream wolf is that the fact that they're recording guys and showing the whole incident often backfires on them because it proves them wrong so they're just essentially making themselves look bad more than anything at that point.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By noobsnowman

@steve40l: Except that the logic I use is basic common sense, and so far no one has been able to properly refute it and instead resort to condescending remarks and insults. That's why people in the off topic section are some of the most degenerate people I've ever seen. It's like me being a scientist trying to talk sense in a Flat Earth forum.

You know what's blatantly sexist? People justifying that the man should pay child support for a child that he did not want to have, but on the flip side the woman can opt out of motherhood if she so chooses to.

You know what's blatantly sexist? People justifying the toxic man hating messages within the Barbie film.

Calling out on sexism against men is not sexist, it's necessary.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsnowman: The man may not have wanted to have a child but he directly (i.e. through direct coitus) contributed genetic material to creating said child. If we gave men a similar opt out as women, how many men would shirk their responsibilities and run to the hills, I guarantee it would be more than one. It take two to tango, you do the crime, you have to do the time. You make it sound like you would be okay with a single mother working herself to death to provide for a child, while the man gets to swan around doing whatever he wants. It is not unreasonable for a man who directly contributed to making a baby to pay child support.

Regarding your comments about abortion, its good that women can opt out, can you imagine what would happen if they couldn't? You'd have more people dying due to complications with pregnancy, you would be saddling women with babies born through rape and incest, you'd see higher levels of child neglect because people (both men and women) either wouldn't or couldn't financially support their child and you would see more people (both young and old) dying because they can't afford medical care (seriously America get with the rest of the western world and let your people have affordable health care).

This may not be a popular statement but we all have to take responsibility for our actions and the results of said actions, be they wanted or unwanted. I know its not cool or hip, but its part of being an adult in a secular society.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By noobsnowman

@sundown89: It's a massive double standard to justify a woman's choice to opt out of motherhood but a man cannot opt out of fatherhood.

If we gave men a similar opt out as women, how many men would shirk their responsibilities and run to the hills, I guarantee it would be more than one.

And in that case, the woman can choose not to be a single mother and abort the baby, if she has the knowledge that the man is not going to raise the child, and that she does not have what it takes to raise the child on her own. It would avoid the very problem of a single mother working herself to death to raise the child.

If she still chooses to be a single mother despite knowing that the man would run for the hills, then she only has herself to blame for that one.

It take two to tango, you do the crime, you have to do the time.

See, what's completely hypocritical about this statement is that this is also one of the leading arguments that pro-lifers use against abortion. It's hypocritical to impose pro-life standards like this on men but pro-choice standards on women.

This may not be a popular statement but we all have to take responsibility for our actions and the results of said actions, be they wanted or unwanted.

The man is only responsible that the sex happened. Whether it leads to pregnancy is completely up to the woman. She has so many ways to prevent herself from getting pregnant (birth control, morning after pill, tracking ovulation cycle, etc), if she fails to be responsible with her body, iit is on her. The only exceptions to it are rape and stealthing, which constitutes a tiny minority of abortions.

You're right about one thing: We need to take responsibility for our actions. Therefore, since woman have all the choice, woman should have all the responsibility for making that said choice. Since men have none of the choice on whether the baby is born, it logically follows that he should bear none of the responsibility.

It's asinine to expect a man to take responsibility for a woman who is irresponsible with her body. It is asinine to expect a man to take responsibility when he has no authority to decide whether the child is born. Responsibility without authority is slavery.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like all other buzzwords, it'll be used and used and used until it no longer holds meaning or weight, and therefore be forgotten about while a new buzzword gets lifted and blasted beyond the walls of logic and common sense.