Do you think Keanu Reeves might have known about Harvey Weinstein's sexual abuses?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Do you think Keanu Reeves might have known about Harvey Weinstein's sexual abuses? (12 votes)

Yes 33%
No 67%

Weinstein's predatory behaviour is an open secret is believed to have been known by a majority of Hollywood A-listers. It's likely that Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, George Clooney, Ben Affleck etc. all knew but ignored it.

Keanu is one of few Hollywood stars who's universally admired for his kindness, he never hung out with the big stars and other than Laurence Fishburne, most of his friends are ordinary people. I think it's highly unlikely he knew, he's never been a part of that crowd.

• 
Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Reaves is really a great person but there can be a possibility he might have thought it was just a rumor in my opinion.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keanu Reeves loves everybody and he died for your sins

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: He's not an elitist, never really immersed himself in the Hollywood elite. He likely never even met Weinstein, only heard his name.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Like he'd admit it if he did know. That's career suicide.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think to some degree yes, but he might have thought it was a rumor or something that the higher ups just said to keep women from asking for higher pay.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LukaDoncicmvp

No

& if he knew there was nothing he could do.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@straight-fire: That's why there can only be speculation, an argument that he didn't, other than that he's a good guy, is thay he is reclused and isn't all too close with the rest of Hollywood.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The casting couch was an unspoken truth in Hollywood, so i'm sure he had an idea that Weinstein was a creep in that sense. Not sure he knew Weinstein was also a rapist though.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of question is this? I'll summarise it for you.

Imagine you got a job in the US military. You suddenly find out that government are kidnapping and kidnapping people from the US. There wouldn't be a damn thing you can do about it. You either shut up and continue or say something and get decimated.

Even IF Keanu knew, there is absolutely nothing he could have done about it.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Please don't make me think about this...

But there's a good chance he did. Maybe he heard rumours and didn't believe them?

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Buckwheat

We all know a Weinstein in one way or another, so the real question is, what did YOU do about your knoledge @ghostodoofus2 ?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard he was planning to kungfu the crap out of him when no one was looking but it just didn't pan out.

StaticTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm that's possible

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: We've all met a lot of creeps in our lives but unless we've definitive evidence of their crimes, we will make ourselves liable to being sued for defamation by accusing them.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've all met a lot of creeps in our lives but unless we've definitive evidence of their crimes, we will make ourselves liable to being sued for defamation by accusing them.

Damn right you are. Due to the benefint of the doubt we don't act. Same thing happened to Neo, if it so happens that he heard. Which if he did, it was probably second hand information.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess that he knew to some part, but didn't believe or/and didn't want to be involved because he could do nothing about it.