Do you think it is right for employees straight up point out their boss or supervisors fault?

Posted by CCThor (2298 posts) 12 days, 8 minutes ago

Poll: Do you think it is right for employees straight up point out their boss or supervisors fault? (13 votes)

Yes, fault is fault no matter what place you at. 23%
Yes, but any smart person won’t says it in an aggressive way. 46%
No, that will just ruin your own career. 8%
No, you should always bow before your superiors. 15%
Other thought. 8%
#1 Edited by Nucleon (4174 posts) - - Show Bio

Off course you should. It's not like a boss is a god or something. Are you Japanese? Japanese folk are like that. If you are Japanese then the proper thing to do if you disagree with your boss is hara-kiri because no Japanese can live with such dishonor, or so I've heard. Japaneses are awesome like that.

#2 Posted by CCThor (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

Harakiri is old thing, they don’t and also impossible to do that nowadays.

And no I’m not Japanese but I’m asian tho.

#3 Posted by mimisalome (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the ownership and jurisdiction, and if you have an actual collaborating expertise to back up your disagreement.

For example if you are the technical expert on a specific process or have an establish ownership to a certain work or task then you can correct your boss if you think he misunderstood or misinterpreting some technical information, procedure, or results.

However if you think you are smarter than your boss in terms of how he should perform his supervisory tasks then that's not part of your job anymore. And that is not "correcting a fault", that is complaining.

If you have an issue about your boss management method or if you think you have a better ways of doing things,

it would be better to bring it to some neutral third party or to the upper end of the leadership ladder that could intercede between you and your boss rather than to assume you are correct and your boss is at fault.

If those are not available, I think it would be better if you give your boss an "advise" rather than to straight point out that you are way smarter and your boss is dumb.

#4 Posted by CocaColaMan (1780 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but it’s not smart in a lot of cases.