Avatar image for comicdude23
#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually love reading comics but with some I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I have over 50+ Superman comics laying around, should I give them a read? Two are X-Men.

Avatar image for crimsoncake
#2 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

sure,Why not?

Avatar image for mfundo
#3 Posted by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

Avatar image for nlghtcrawler
#4 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

No... because then the voices win.

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
#5 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

no, burn them.

Avatar image for artgamer
#6 Posted by ArtGamer (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

No... because then the voices win.

lol

@comicdude23 said:

I usually love reading comics but with some I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I have over 50+ Superman comics laying around, should I give them a read? Two are X-Men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_syndrome

first comics, later cats

but seriously, why you spent money on comics if you are not going to read them

Avatar image for innervenom123
#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

no, burn them.

Avatar image for comicdude23
#8 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer: I payed £5 for over 50 Superman comics in great condition.

Avatar image for artgamer
#9 Posted by ArtGamer (1289 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for comicdude23
#10 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtGamer: Like small issues, like Superman #211, #212, etc.

Avatar image for 2chimcha3
#11 Posted by 2chimcha3 (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

I'm with this guy.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

What have you got to lose?

Avatar image for xanni15
#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

You can't just collect them?

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#14 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xanni15 said:

@mfundo said:

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

You can't just collect them?

No, you cannot "just collect them".  
Listen to mfundo, READ THEM!! :) 
Avatar image for nickzambuto
#15 Posted by nickzambuto (27241 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

I usually love reading comics but with some I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I have over 50+ Superman comics laying around, should I give them a read? Two are X-Men.

A true comicdude wouldn't even ask this.

Avatar image for nefarious
#16 Posted by Nefarious (34009 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, you sure didn't buy the comics just to stare at them. 

Online
Avatar image for powerherc
#17 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. Send 'em to me; I'll read 'em.

Avatar image for jobiwankenobi
#18 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

Sell them on ebay for a ridiculous price much higher than you got them for.

Avatar image for comicdude23
#19 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@comicdude23 said:

I usually love reading comics but with some I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

I have over 50+ Superman comics laying around, should I give them a read? Two are X-Men.

A true comicdude wouldn't even ask this.

Wind back a year and I'd be all over them.

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (17625 posts) - - Show Bio

Read them of course.

Avatar image for utotheg38
#21 Edited by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

Not true, What about Collectors?

Avatar image for mfundo
#22 Posted by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: They can download them online and read them on the computer.

Avatar image for utotheg38
#23 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

@utotheg38: They can download them online and read them on the computer.

No, I'm saying I know people who stopped reading comics and only buy them to collect.

100% true

Avatar image for mfundo
#24 Posted by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: Weird. They might be worth a lot someday.

Avatar image for utotheg38
#25 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

@utotheg38: Weird. They might be worth a lot someday.

Yeah, But not reading the comic could leave the chance of It being terrible and thus not worth wiping your a$$ with.

LOL

Avatar image for lvenger
#26 Posted by lvenger (31513 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you buy a comic nowadays and not read it? It'll never have the value of the older comic books so you may as well enjoy them.

Online
Avatar image for comicdude23
#27 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Why would you buy a comic nowadays and not read it? It'll never have the value of the older comic books so you may as well enjoy them.

A-lot of them are those sh!tty Superman comics that weren't getting any sales.

Avatar image for mfundo
#28 Posted by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38: Not if the comics are WW, RHATO, Teen Titans, JLD, Catwoman, Birds Of Prey, Demon Knights, Ravagers, JL, Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Nine, Faith And Angel, Spike and that new comic book coming out in October with Raven in it and JLA in 2013. I know there not out yet but I know they're going be awesome!

Avatar image for lvenger
#29 Posted by lvenger (31513 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@Lvenger said:

Why would you buy a comic nowadays and not read it? It'll never have the value of the older comic books so you may as well enjoy them.

A-lot of them are those sh!tty Superman comics that weren't getting any sales.

From what era?

Online
Avatar image for comicdude23
#30 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Lvenger said:

Why would you buy a comic nowadays and not read it? It'll never have the value of the older comic books so you may as well enjoy them.

A-lot of them are those sh!tty Superman comics that weren't getting any sales.

From what era?

Leading up to the New-52. Some were tie ins to Infinite Crisis and some were about the Golden Age Superman so I read those ones.

Avatar image for lvenger
#31 Posted by lvenger (31513 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicdude23 said:

@Lvenger said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Lvenger said:

Why would you buy a comic nowadays and not read it? It'll never have the value of the older comic books so you may as well enjoy them.

A-lot of them are those sh!tty Superman comics that weren't getting any sales.

From what era?

Leading up to the New-52. Some were tie ins to Infinite Crisis and some were about the Golden Age Superman so I read those ones.

Ah I know which issues you're talking about now. I probably have some of them as I started reading comics in 2007.

Online
Avatar image for johnnywalker
#32 Posted by JohnnyWalker (825 posts) - - Show Bio

you got the time and have nothing better to do, read em. if not save them for the winter. you got nothing to do then

Avatar image for samimista
#33 Posted by Samimista (22297 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow that's a lot of comics! I'd read them if I were you.

Avatar image for k4tzm4n
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (40156 posts) - - Show Bio

Why buy comics and not read them?

Moderator
Avatar image for glitch_spawn
#35 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@mfundo said:

You know it defeats the purpose of having comics if they're not going to be read. You know that, right?

You can't just collect them?

NO@jobiwankenobi said:

Sell them on ebay for a ridiculous price much higher than you got them for.

HAha this reminds me of that moron who bought a copy of Spawn # 1 for 800 bucks

Avatar image for comicdude23
#36 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Why buy comics and not read them?

It was cheap.

Avatar image for minigunman123
#37 Posted by minigunman123 (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

@utotheg38: Not if the comics are WW, RHATO, Teen Titans, JLD, Catwoman, Birds Of Prey, Demon Knights, Ravagers, JL, Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Nine, Faith And Angel, Spike and that new comic book coming out in October with Raven in it and JLA in 2013. I know there not out yet but I know they're going be awesome!

KOKNGJLKRNEWJLKTN%K$JTBWEKJRnb vl2jbj hj;245; 8uj;53

WHAT COMIC BOOK WITH RAVEN IN IT?!!? GOOD GOD MAN TELL ME!!!@$ #R2jt4e3wqr!

Avatar image for mfundo
#38 Posted by mfundo (1717 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123:

THE PHANTOM STRANGER #1

Written by DAN DIDIO

Art by BRENT ANDERSON and SCOTT HANNA

Cover by BRENT ANDERSON

1:25 Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS

On sale OCTOBER 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

• An all-new series focusing on secrets of The New 52 you never imagined!

• The Phantom Stranger strikes a bargain with Lord Trigon that will have serious repercussions in the DC Universe!

• From afar, Pandora watches!

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for infamousfish
#39 Posted by InfamousFish (378 posts) - - Show Bio

You can read them, or lick them. Your choice.

Avatar image for terminatorxx
#40 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

depends, are you collecting them? if you wanna keep em factory sealed then buy two copies... one you can read the other leave sealed

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for minigunman123
#41 Posted by minigunman123 (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo said:

@minigunman123:

THE PHANTOM STRANGER #1

Written by DAN DIDIO

Art by BRENT ANDERSON and SCOTT HANNA

Cover by BRENT ANDERSON

1:25 Variant cover by SHANE DAVIS

On sale OCTOBER 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

• An all-new series focusing on secrets of The New 52 you never imagined!

• The Phantom Stranger strikes a bargain with Lord Trigon that will have serious repercussions in the DC Universe!

• From afar, Pandora watches!

No Caption Provided

MUST. PRE-ORDER.