Do you think every adults should have will to sacrifice themselves for child even not their own child?

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think every adults should have will to sacrifice themselves for child even not their own child? (38 votes)

Yes. 18%
No. 76%
Depends. 5%
 • 
kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kyrees

your children need you as well. if you are going to sacrifice yourself for other children and not think about yours, then you don't love your child/children.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CCThor

@kyrees:

But then why people will praise those person who would sacrifice their life for other people's child as a great guy?

It makes no sense if your sentence were truth.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

@kyrees:

But then why people will praise those person who would sacrifice their life for other people's child as a great guy?

It makes no sense if your sentence were truth.

what would praises do when that one or two person that child needs the most in his/her life is gone ? try explaining that to a child who lost his/her parents regardless of circumstance.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CCThor

@kyrees:

So if a firefigher dies because job accident,but he does save other people's chidren from conflagration.

He's become a bad guy now?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

@kyrees:

So if a firefigher dies because job accident,but he does save other people's chidren.

He's become a bad guy now?

other people are not going to raise your children and even if they do, there will still be a hole in that kid's life because he/she lost his/her parent.

this about leaving people behind and children are not going to understand why their mommy and daddy won't be coming home anymore.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CCThor

@kyrees:

I'm understand your point but I trying to ask is you think that guy is a bad guy just because he sacrifice himself for other people's child not thought their own child first?

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It takes a village to raise a child so absolutely yes.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

@kyrees:

I understand your point but I trying to ask is you think that guy is a bad guy just because he sacrifice himself for other people's child?

you're the one who said it's bad. i only said he/she doesn't love their children because they are going to subject their kids an eternal pain of losing a loved one. death within a kid's limited view in life is going to affect them greatly more so if that death was their parent.

the greater good doesn't answer the ones lost for it and it definitely doesn't make it any more better for the loved ones of the person who did it.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor: He'd get praise because it's very selfless. It shows this person is a good guy. So naturally he'd get praise for having such selfless qualities.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no children of my own and I still wouldn't sacrifice myself for a total stranger. Child or adult. Why on Earth would I?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not always

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a matter of fact I would murder some people who just stood idly by if they were able bodied & could've at least tried.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a productive member of society now. Who knows how that child will turn out.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

your children need you as well. if you are going to sacrifice yourself for other children and not think about yours, then you don't love your child/children.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By dernman

No. While admirable if you do so it's not and shouldn't be an obligation.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Children are useless consumers and a burden on all societies. They are like the royal family.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody is obligated to save anybody else's life, regardless of age.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CCThor

@pipxeroth:

Then why in some movie when there’s two characters one is adult one is child,they are chasing by monster or killer,and the adult abandoned the child let him die,people would mad at him?

If nobody has obligation to save child,then why people will angry toward that kind of person?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By dernman

@pipxeroth:

It's not about being dumb.

Most adults in society have a natural instinct to protect the young. Same goes for most animals in the animal kingdom. For us it's affected out moral compass. So when people fail to do so they get upset. We also have other instincts like the instinct for survival. That's why some wont.

As I said earlier though.

While admirable if you do so it's not and shouldn't be an obligation.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. You should care for everyone completely, even if they are not your child.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

What point is there to save others if I can’t see them grow?

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately the people who are willing to lay down their lives are also the people we want to keep around and raise our children. And some adults just need to jump off a bridge regardless of whether or not if there are children are in danger.

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These results make me sad & angry. Most of you should be ashamed & I hope no one aids you in a time of need.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Some ridiculously high and mighty people here. It honestly totally depends on the people involved. Some people wouldn’t be worth saving some would be it just depends on who.

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dr_Shenanigans

@allstarsuperman said:

Some ridiculously high and mighty people here. It honestly totally depends on the people involved. Some people wouldn’t be worth saving some would be it just depends on who.

Short of said child being the literal spawn of Satan why wouldn't they be worth saving? I mean I get it if someone has some vastly important role & just can't sacrifice themselves because it would be detrimental to the greater good but, if they serve no great purpose than it's better they die than a child & they should be willing to step up to bat, if they're not then they are a self centered asshole who should be no part of any society.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Doofasa

@kyrees said:

Claiming that someone sacrificing themselves to save a child means they don't love their own children is incredibly naive. Not being able to be there for your own children whom you love is part of the sacrifice and what makes it such a terrible choice to have to make.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Doofasa

To answer the OP's question.

There are very few circumstances where you would feasibly have to choose between your life and a child's. There are plenty however where you would need to choose to put yourself in danger to protect a child and yes I would absolutely do that.

How would any of you feel if your own child could of been saved, but everyone just decided to stand by and watch them die because it wasn't their child?

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

Unfortunately the people who are willing to lay down their lives are also the people we want to keep around and raise our children. And some adults just need to jump off a bridge regardless of whether or not if there are children are in danger.

YES! Too true.

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dr_Shenanigans

@kyrees said:

other people are not going to raise your children

Speak for yourself if you like but I would never leave an orphan high & dry, I'd hate every moment of raising a kid & I'd do my damnedest to try to dump them off on someone else but I would never just abandon them without care.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doofasa said:

Claiming that someone sacrificing themselves to save a child means they don't love their own children is incredibly naive. Not being able to be there for your own children whom you love is part of the sacrifice and what makes it such a terrible choice to have to make.

it is a terrible choice that the kid will suffer for the rest of his/her life and no amount of praise from other people is going to erase that. the greater good never answered the ones lost for it.

Speak for yourself if you like but I would never leave an orphan high & dry, I'd hate every moment of raising a kid & I'd do my damnedest to try to dump them off on someone else but I would never just abandon them without care.

congratulations you're good hearted but that doesn't change the fact that a kid will be profoundly changed because he/she lost a loved one so why not quote the whole thing if you truly understand that paragraph.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@pipxeroth:

It's not about being dumb.

Most adults in society have a natural instinct to protect the young. Same goes for most animals in the animal kingdom. For us it's affected out moral compass. So when people fail to do so they get upset. We also have other instincts like the instinct for survival. That's why some wont.

As I said earlier though.

While admirable if you do so it's not and shouldn't be an obligation.

Maybe dumb was a bit of a harsh word, I should've said emotional or irrational instead. I don't disagree with anything you've said.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 socajunkie  Moderator

Only if the child was black.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

congratulations you're good hearted

Don't get carried away now, I think that's stretching the truth a bit.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My life comes before a random child, sorry. Or a stranger in general.

@dernman said:

No. While admirable if you do so it's not and shouldn't be an obligation.

Also this.

Dr_Shenanigans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I guess there are a lot of great candidates here for shooting in the knee during the zombie apocalypse so everyone else can get away.

Don't worry I'll tell everyone you died a hero.