User Lists: 0

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Don't live in the US but Id say gun regulations should be present where people are able to own them.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes their should be gun control imagine if just ANYBODY could get a gun yikes thats a scary thought.

oh and if everybody had a gun i wouldn't go outside.

all guns do is create fear and take away other people freedom.

we should have guns but regulation is important

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Superboy101

@innersuperman: "all guns do is create fear and take away other people freedom." is that a joke? without guns we would have no freedom. Guns only create fear when criminals are in possession of one. Legal or illegal to own a firearm criminals will find a way to obtain one. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@mistressoftheelements:

yes. I support background checks, needing to have a license to sell guns, no guns in schools or at parks or in malls or at any public place (sporting events, stores, hospitals etc.) unless carried by law enforcement officers. I think we should cut defense and spend money on making our educational system better and more safe. people should send their children to school with absolutely no fear of anything at all. and I think people should only be allowed to buy so many guns or so much ammunition at a time.....this is off topic but I don't think we spend nearly enough on education in our country

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboy101: Your logic is flawed. You can't solve one problem with more. That's why there are so many gun related crimes in America.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InnerSuperman

@superboy101: if somebody had a gun in their pocket and they cut me in line at the store i would not say a word.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: How is stopping a bad guy creating more problems? It's stopping the problem...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No. I do not.

Ofcoarse there should be regulations. Not ANYBODY should be able to get a gun.

But hell, even with regulations, if someone wants a gun, they will get a gun. Illegally or not.

If guns are banned, gun running business goes up. I know probably 2 or 3 people that I could buy a gun for under $100 right NOW from.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SOG7dc

owning a 50 caliber shotgun is legal...owning a dime bag of marijuana is not.......everyone just let that sink in. killing machine=legal magical gift from God that makes you feel awesome=illegal....GO us America...Go us

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innersuperman: "all guns do is create fear and take away other people freedom." is that a joke? without guns we would have no freedom. Guns only create fear when criminals are in possession of one. Legal or illegal to own a firearm criminals will find a way to obtain one. The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

what if the good guy misses

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Know why? Cause gun control leads to other control. Like barrel control. They'll have to pry the barrel from my cold dead hands before I give them up!

No Caption Provided

Celestialseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support gun bans.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboy101: That's a very simple way of putting it. How is giving everyone a gun going to fix anything? How are you to distinguish between the "good guy" and the "bad guy"? Guns serve one purpose and that's to kill. It's why they were created and it's why they exist. That's like saying, well, let's give everyone a nuclear bomb. Sure, then we can all blow each other up.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gun control doesn't work plain and simple. Look at the places that have strict gun control. Detroit for example is a horrible place to live with high crime rates. You have a greater chance of getting killed in Detroit than you do in Iraq. Also lets look at Great Britain, not even the cops have guns and Great Britain is one of the most dangerous European countries to live in. When you remove guns from the equation you actually raise the amount of violent crime that happens in a city. These are simple statistics and facts.

Now don't get me wrong, there should be proper background checks to receive a gun. I would gladly like to debate ways to keep mentally handicapped or dangerous criminals from getting them. But simply removing guns completely will cause way more problems than having guns. If people can keep there heads on this thread I think it could be very enlightening for all parties. But we all have to remember to keep an open mind.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerSuperman

@awesam: well i like you again lol

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SOG7dc

@cbninja said:

Gun control doesn't work plain and simple. Look at the places that have strict gun control. Detroit for example is a horrible place to live with high crime rates. You have a greater chance of getting killed in Detroit than you do in Iraq. Also lets look at Great Britain, not even the cops have guns and Great Britain is one of the most dangerous European countries to live in. When you remove guns from the equation you actually raise the amount of violent crime that happens in a city. These are simple statistics and facts.

Now don't get me wrong, there should be proper background checks to receive a gun. I would gladly like to debate ways to keep mentally handicapped or dangerous criminals from getting them. But simply removing guns completely will cause way more problems than having guns. If people can keep there heads on this thread I think it could be very enlightening for all parties. But we all have to remember to keep an open mind.

Australia.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: When did I say that everyone should own a gun? I never did. The bad guy would be someone who is shooting at innocent civilians or committing a crime. The good guy would be the police or a citizen who has legally gone through the training to legally carry a firearm. Guns serve multiple purposes, such as hunting, shooting competitions, and to protect oneself. Obviously no matter what you say you will not convince me otherwise and no matter what I say I won't convince you otherwise. Great debate though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja:

do you think that a criminal sits and thinks "if I go to this place maybe there's a good guy with a gun! ill never accomplish my goal of arbitrarily killing innocents!" ive heard the argument of good guy with gun vs bad guy with gun and that's just a flawed argument IMO. I think youre right about keeping an open mind though

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No. I do not.

But hell, even with regulations, if someone wants a gun, they will get a gun. Illegally or not.

If guns are banned, gun running business goes up. I know probably 2 or 3 people that I could buy a gun for under $100 right NOW from.

One Word: Chicago

We have some of the strictest law in the country, yet last year alone we had over 500 murders and 98% gun related.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am more for gun discipline; you know like trigger discipline, sight discipline, muzzle discipline.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboy101: Or what if no one was allowed to have guns? Less dead people. I don't think you know what you're talking about, so I won't try changing your mind.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy said:

No. I do not.

One Word: Chicago

We have some of the strictest law in the country, yet last year alone we had over 500 murders and 98% gun related.

So just saying that proves gun control doesn't work.

NovaRichRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NovaRichRider

I am more for gun discipline; you know like trigger discipline, sight discipline, muzzle discipline.

Great Worldminds' think alike!

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CBninja

@awesam said:

@superboy101: Or what if no one was allowed to have guns? Less dead people. I don't think you know what you're talking about, so I won't try changing your mind.

Tell that to Great Britain. There violent crimes have gone up since banning guns.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja:

its to my understanding that Australia has strict gun laws and its worked out beautifully for them.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Wow wow come on now no need to be harsh and say I don't know what I'm talking about, i've been respectful to what you've had to say, no need to lash out like that :). Anyways back to what you were saying, how would you go about removing all the guns from the law abiding citizens who own guns, and how would you remove the guns from all the criminals that have guns? Just a curious question.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@cbninja:

its to my understanding that Australia has strict gun laws and its worked out beautifully for them.

Australia's crime rates were very low to begin with. There is no strong evidence that supports that gun control is the key to their success. But you are correct they have strict gun laws and low crime rates.

Superboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja said:

@awesam said:

Tell that to Great Britain. There violent crimes have gone up since banning guns.

This is true, Great Britain has a very high crime rate. People will find a way to commit a crime with or without guns.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@cbninja said:

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja said:

@awesam said:

This is true, Great Britain has a very high crime rate. People will find a way to commit a crime with or without guns.

The scary part is its not just low level crime its high violent crime, rapes, murder ect, and they do it all without guns. The thing is when you take guns away the "bad guys" don't fear the good guys.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja: No it not that it doesn't work...It's just too many loopholes around them.For Ex.

Lets say you live in Chicago, it'd be hard to buy a gun here BUT all you have to do is drive a few mile to Wisconsin or Indian and just buy a gun there and just come back to chicago and maybe just sell the gun to someone for more then you payed for it then BOOM new gun owner.

The Problem is that different states have different gun law if the entire country adopted the same laws then Gun crime would probably go down. *sigh* But that's easy typed then done.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superboy101: I didn't "lash out"... If we're looking at crime rates, then look at America's gun related crime rate. If owning a gun becomes illegal, then people won't be flashing theirs around. The majority of gun related crimes in countries That have gun bans are gang related. It's true that people will still find a way to kill, but easier to defend against a knife, rather than a gun. If you work towards stopping guns from hitting the illegal market, then you can reduce them. There is no way to stop it, but you can reduce the rate of guns that hit the streets and in turn, reduce gun related homicides.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja: No it not that it doesn't work...It's just too many loopholes around them.For Ex.

Lets say you live in Chicago, it'd be hard to buy a gun here BUT all you have to do is drive a few mile to Wisconsin or Indian and just buy a gun there and just come back to chicago and maybe just see the gun to someone for more then you payed for it then BOOM new gun owner.

The Problem is that different states have different gun law if the entire country adopted the same laws then Gun crime would probably go down. *sigh* But that's easy typed then done.

Well here is the problem you cant just buy a gun legally in another state. That's against federal law. Now if they go to another state and buy one illegally then its no different if they bought it illegally in Chicago. But just to make myself clear. You can not leave your state of residence and buy a legal handgun (for a fact, not sure about a rifle) from a gun store. It is against federal law.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

If the government bans guns completely, or even handguns, there will be hell to pay. Lot's of bad things would happen.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that for one day everyone should put down the gun...and pick up some ganja. the world would be a better place.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:

@superboy101: I didn't "lash out"... If we're looking at crime rates, then look at America's gun related crime rate. If owning a gun becomes illegal, then people won't be flashing theirs around. The majority of gun related crimes in countries That have gun bans are gang related. It's true that people will still find a way to kill, but easier to defend against a knife, rather than a gun. If you work towards stopping guns from hitting the illegal market, then you can reduce them. There is no way to stop it, but you can reduce the rate of guns that hit the streets and in turn, reduce gun related homicides.

The thing is, if you reduce gun crime and raise overall violent crime have you solved any problem, or have you created more?

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

Abortions kill more children than guns. Should women have their right to abortion taken away too?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja:

this is my theory. and I could be wrong but im just using my own brand of logic here. if I own a house and I have a really bad crabgrass problem that I just cant seem to get rid of. if I look over the fence and see my neighbor has no crabgrass. im gonna go ask him "what did you do to get rid of the crabgrass?" if he says "I bought spectracide" then im gonna go buy spectracide. I don't understand why we cant go to Australia and say "hey how did you guys have such a low crime rate before you got rid of guns and how much did getting rid of guns help?" then come back here and give it a whirl.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant said:

Abortions kill more children than guns. Should women have their right to abortion taken away too?

That's another ethical choice for a different topic I think.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant: Fetuses are not considered children sooo...

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbennett6684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dbennett6684

@sog7dc: .50 cal shotgun?! I'd love to see such a thing hehe. Personally I'd like to keep my guns (including my two 12 gauges-sorry, no imaginary calibers in my safe) legal AND have that joint you mentioned be legal as well (though preferably not used at the same time, mind you). We already have gun control in the US. Tightening it won't stop a bad person from doing a bad thing. As a firearms enthusiast who has actually looked at the numbers, I can tell you that most firearm related violence is committed with illegally procured guns. Granted, that's most, not all, and I wish there were no gun violence in our world, but again, bad people will use any available tools to do bad things. Take away guns, enter pipebombs (the parts of which are much more easily obtained than a firearm).

I am totally with you on the useless war on drugs. We create a prohibition style underground drug market that breeds a culture of violence in which bad people do bad things, sometimes with guns. We tear families apart over people smoking pot in their own homes away from anyone else. We also continue blatant racism in charging minorities with heavier crimes for drug use and possession. Lets get our heads out of our tails on that one.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am such a firm opponent of gun control I have spent years developing a plan of liberating various grizzly bears and purchasing kilos of cocaine and pcp, along with ordering the world's strongest body armor and riot gear custom fitted to these bears. Days before the next gun control bill will be passed (it will happen), I will armor the grizzly bears with this heavy armor, force feed a decent sized portion of the drugs to them, and let three of them loose in every major city across America. The complete and total chaos from these invincible bears that cannot be killed because frickin' laser targeted military grade rocket launchers aren't available to the public for home defense, the backlash in congress will be enormous and we can finally own the protection we need from the invincible bears.

It sounds draconian, yes, but this is the only civilized way we can stop gun control

amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbninja said:

@amutant said:

That's another ethical choice for a different topic I think.

My point is should we get rid of everything that can cause death? How about your car? You may take your eye off the road and kill someone. How about cigarettes? They cause cancer. The list could go on.

CBninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CBninja

@sog7dc said:

@cbninja:

this is my theory. and I could be wrong but im just using my own brand of logic here. if I own a house and I have a really bad crabgrass problem that I just cant seem to get rid of. if I look over the fence and see my neighbor has no crabgrass. im gonna go ask him "what did you do to get rid of the crabgrass?" if he says "I bought spectracide" then im gonna go buy spectracide. I don't understand why we cant go to Australia and say "hey how did you guys have such a low crime rate before you got rid of guns and how much did getting rid of guns help?" then come back here and give it a whirl.

That's a good idea but the thing is no one knows why. Maybe its the type of people that live there. But here is my rebuttal for Australia. Why cant we be like Switzerland? They have the most firepower per person and they are one of the most safest places to live.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is sitting in my lap.....so what do you think?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: .50 cal shotgun?! I'd love to see such a thing hehe. Personally I'd like to keep my guns (including my two 12 gauges-sorry, no imaginary calibers in my safe) legal AND have that joint you mentioned be legal as well (though preferably not used at the same time, mind you). We already have gun control in the US. Tightening it won't stop a bad person from doing a bad thing. As a firearms enthusiast who has actually looked at the numbers, I can tell you that most firearm related violence is committed with illegally procured guns. Granted, that's most, not all, and I wish there were no gun violence in our world, but again, bad people will use any available tools to do bad things. Take away guns, enter pipebombs (the parts of which are much more easily obtained than a firearm).

I am totally with you on the useless war on drugs. We create a prohibition style underground drug market that breeds a culture of violence in which bad people do bad things, sometimes with guns. We tear families apart over people smoking pot in their own homes away from anyone else. We also continue blatant racism in charging minorities with heavier crimes for drug use and possession. Lets get our heads out of our tails on that one.

lol I don't know guns very well. my thing is this. Good people having guns is great. its not my cup o tea but just because I don't like it doesn't mean you shouldn't have the right to do it. but I cant help but think that if you make it harder to own a gun and ammunition then crime would go down noticeably. and as far as the "war" on drugs....im a history major so don't get me started on the war on drugs....to make a long...very very long rant short I think that 20 years from now my kids will look at me and say "weed was illegal?!?!?!" but I totally agree with your points bout the drug war....id hug you if I could lol