• 114 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ganon15

Poll Do you like Political Correctness? (125 votes)

Yes 21%
No 79%
No Caption Provided

• 
Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it when it's being forced onto people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't expect a single yes vote.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Being politically correct isn't politically correct.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I prefer angry neck beards, they know what's up.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's goal is admirable; the way in which people are trying to accomplish it make me hate it.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it about as much as I like Religion, politics and One direction.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PC bros are being manipulated by ads

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlueHope

No,I don't want to sacrifice free speech for anything much less for an impossible goal

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 SC  Moderator

Depends, a lot of peoples idea of it varies, sometimes greatly so. Are we talking about Bill O'Reilly's definition of Political Correctness? Ghandi's? Hulk Hogans? Mike Tyson? Sam Harris? Some hypothetical 12 year old girl on Tumblr whose a fatty, has pink, blue, blonde hair, identifies as a sapiosexual unicorn and thinks video games should be banned because they are racist and sexist (you know, a SJW) or some hypothetical 17 year old guy on 4chan who is a self admitted jerk, because they are so honest and real about reality (not because they are at a certain hormonal edgy stage of their life), but how the majority of other people are sheepie slaves to the system, ignorant and deceived by the liberal media, or conservative Christian government, or etc

Different individuals idea of "Political Correctness" will differ, because of their different, experiences, ideas, views, positions, understanding, with some general overlap. Those things also inform how people accuse, project, reason, ideas around it and how they think others apply it. Personally I am the type that thinks context determines offense, and that there is nothing inherently offensive about language, art, so on. I also think many people will be offended by many things, many things that they should't be offended by, but I also think many people confuse "criticism" as taking offense at something. I also think many individuals try to use a certain Anti-PC attitude as a way to sell themselves and use as a disingenuous or otherwise inaccurate platform for their own gain. The same way many can with a PC attitude and mindset as well of course.

Can people remember the Milo Manara/Frank Cho Spider Woman, Gwen Stacy controversies? I like both artists, I would probably by a comic if they ere involved as the main artist, maybe even a good variant, but I was critical of the cover, the Spider Woman one, well, critical in the sense, that I don't think short term controversy is good for the long term health of a book. Business wise, and what kind of audience was Marvel trying to attract to that book? Also did the controversy over that lead to decisions about how Spider-Woman should be portrayed now? Ugh. Anyway I like sexy people, and sexy characters and sexy drawings, so many of the arguments against or for the cover were really bad, because the strength of an argument has nothing to do with the position of being for or against something. Strong arguments can be made for or against the cover and not clash because of context. I bring this up because many peoples way of defending their position or attacking the positions of others was to go to the "Oh no, the PC police are coming lolz meme meme lolz" and then the Cho stuff happened, and now he probably makes a fair bit of money by pandering to types that are really really against "Political Correctness" as far as criticizing images of sexy woman. The "Outrage" joke is being milked a fair bit, which isn't a criticism by me, to him, I think its smart business and I do like his art, and am secretly hoping he uses the Spider Gwen template to eventually do a Rogue, Elektra, and Galactus joke. However if he really wants to take aim at the "PC police" why doesn't he do a picture of Batman being arched over in the same pose, with Superman standing over him in a sexually suggestive way, with Luke Cage and Falcon on either side wearing Ku Klux Klan outfits and upside down crosses as necklaces, with the implication that they are Batmans pimps? I mean if there is one thing those oversensitive PC police get into a tizzy over its racism, pimps, prostitution but really? Whats wrong with erotic homosexuality? Ah… except you know, Frank Cho is a Batman fan who thinks Superman is a beta, wimpy, joke, so maybe he doesn't like the idea of Superman dominating Batman sexually… maybe he thinks dressing two black characters as Klansman is a bit offensive… or in poor taste, or not really that funny… well whose being "PC" now eh?

I mean if you look at the guy that just accuses "everything" as being politically correct or being because of political correctness, or as a result of the PC police, is that guy not perhaps, potentially inviting irony, because they are so fast to make accusations, that they might actually be a bit sensitive, and easy to offend, and so in dealing and coping with those "feelings" they are so quick to accuse? Same principle applies with other types of accusations, which to return to a previous point, can also be made independent of the strength of arguments, which usually deal in context. Which is another way of saying that the reasoning is more important than the accusation.

InsaneWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

It depends on the situation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Only redditors don't like policitical correctness

BB

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#18  Edited By BatWatch

Political correctness is just a fancy way to tell someone, "Shut up!"

It's also a Communist concept that the modern left has adopted to great effect for their movement.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will literally say the most offensive things just to piss off people who like political correctness.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nefarious

Nay.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

No, not in any sense. We preach tolerance, but never tolerance of views we don't agree with. Political correctness has evolved essentially into a societal induced thought control.

These days people calls offenses on anything and everything. They enjoy being offended, and act offended even when they aren't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No.

By using sugarcoated terms in an effort to not offend someone, people who utilize political correctness often come across as very condescending and brainwashed. Political correctness inhibits free thought and expression, and it kills critical discussions. Also, what may or may not offend someone is all opinion based and unique to individuals.

I see a disturbing parallel between politically correct liberals and conservative religious people. When I see/hear a social justice warrior correct someone's language because it's "offensive," I can't help but think of religious soccer moms who get mad at their kids for swearing. "Don't say that! That's a bad word!"

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatWatch

@ryagan said:

No.

By using sugarcoated terms in an effort to not offend someone, people who utilize political correctness often come across as very condescending and brainwashed. Political correctness inhibits free thought and expression, and it kills critical discussions. Also, what may or may not offend someone is all opinion based and unique to individuals.

I see a disturbing parallel between politically correct liberals and conservative religious people. When I see/hear a social justice wear correct someone's language because it's "offensive," I can't help but think of religious soccer moms who get mad at their kids for swearing. "Don't say that! That's a bad word!"

I agree with the parallels you draw between the religious Mom and the politically correct left. The big difference is that the left thinks they are the mothers of the entire world. The entire Progressive philosophy is based around the idea that the government is smarter than individuals and should therefore have power over individuals. Regulating speech through social pressure is just a logical extension of their core philosophy.

I've been thinking that it's time we start calling the politically correct left what they truly are, prudes. They are nothing more than a group who can't stand to hear anything that does not conform to their moral standards.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP you are asking a question somewhat similar to a leading question, a no-no in making of questionnaires and polls.

The word "political correctness" is viewed more as a pejorative. Of course if you asked it in this way, most people are going to say no.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dum529001

@granitesoldier said:

No, not in any sense. We preach tolerance, but never tolerance of views we don't agree with. Political correctness has evolved essentially into a societal induced thought control.

These days people calls offenses on anything and everything. They enjoy being offended, and act offended even when they aren't.

WAAAAAH!!!

WAAH! WAAH!! WAAH!!!

No Caption Provided
BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@batwatch said:
@ryagan said:

No.

I see a disturbing parallel between politically correct liberals and conservative religious people. When I see/hear a social justice wear correct someone's language because it's "offensive," I can't help but think of religious soccer moms who get mad at their kids for swearing. "Don't say that! That's a bad word!"

I agree with the parallels you draw between the religious Mom and the politically correct left. The big difference is that the left thinks they are the mothers of the entire world. The entire Progressive philosophy is based around the idea that the government is smarter than individuals and should therefore have power over individuals. Regulating speech through social pressure is just a logical extension of their core philosophy.

I've been thinking that it's time we start calling the politically correct left what they truly are, prudes. They are nothing more than a group who can't stand to hear anything that does not conform to their moral standards.

I sometimes find it funny how the left and very hardcore religious people are.

You can't say that about GOD, shut up.

You can't say that about Obama, shut up.

GOD created the earth 5000 years ago and that is final, your research is false.

The wage gap exists and that is final, your research is false.

ETC.

Yep. People are entitled to their views, and they can even believe weird things, but when they start trying to shut down discussion, you know they are insecure in their views and just trying to win through intimidation.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm Apolitically Correct.

@hylian: Ughhh, that flag waving effect gave me motion sickness... :X

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

@hylian: Highly offended, don't you know I have a fear of eagles?! >.<

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's what is wrong with the world.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeoGaf is all i need to say.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not pop culture's interpretation of it, no.

Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no such thing as bad words, only bad intentions.

That is to say, as I'm finding with most things in life nowadays, as long as everyone remembers not to be an asshole then everything will be fine.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets blame our hate on them by hating them, yolostyle.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dum529001

I hate political correctness, I really do.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SC  Moderator

Steve Harvey is semi relevant again after the Miss Universe thing, can you remember a while back though? When he expressed skepticism towards evolution "because monkeys are still around" and referred to people who don't believe in god as idiots, but threw in the "probably not the right, politically correct thing to say" after? Same guy who thinks only straight men are real men, guys can't have female friends because they only want to bang them? Has ex wives he cheated on because its woman's fault and despite using God/Bible to justify his other stances.

It begs the question, is political correctness really such a threat? Or is there an ironic element to a a lot of individuals and groups out there who are really sensitive, so sensitive they try and do everything to insist they aren't sensitive because to them sensitivity is inherently bad, and weakness reserved for certain "ultra sensitive whiny types of people", and so this threat of political correctness is so "massive and present" because it lets such individuals and groups feel like modern day cowboys who are all for the truth and freedom and free speech and liberty and freedom and truth. Cowboys like Steve Harvey and Bill O'Reilly, right?

There are definitely some sensitive people out there that use political correctness as an offensive weapon, a sword to try and shame, suppress opinions and views that are honest and real and far from offensive, but it staggers me that people don't see political correctness used in inverse as a shield for people to say dumb and stupid things but then attempt to dismiss criticism as other people just being "politically correct" and sensitive.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dum529001

@sc said:

Steve Harvey is semi relevant again after the Miss Universe thing, can you remember a while back though? When he expressed skepticism towards evolution "because monkeys are still around" and referred to people who don't believe in god as idiots, but threw in the "probably not the right, politically correct thing to say" after? Same guy who thinks only straight men are real men, guys can't have female friends because they only want to bang them? Has ex wives he cheated on because its woman's fault and despite using God/Bible to justify his other stances.

It begs the question, is political correctness really such a threat? Or is there an ironic element to a a lot of individuals and groups out there who are really sensitive, so sensitive they try and do everything to insist they aren't sensitive because to them sensitivity is inherently bad, and weakness reserved for certain "ultra sensitive whiny types of people", and so this threat of political correctness is so "massive and present" because it lets such individuals and groups feel like modern day cowboys who are all for the truth and freedom and free speech and liberty and freedom and truth. Cowboys like Steve Harvey and Bill O'Reilly, right?

There are definitely some sensitive people out there that use political correctness as an offensive weapon, a sword to try and shame, suppress opinions and views that are honest and real and far from offensive, but it staggers me that people don't see political correctness used in inverse as a shield for people to say dumb and stupid things but then attempt to dismiss criticism as other people just being "politically correct" and sensitive.

You are right.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#44 frozen  Moderator  Online

@batwatch said:

Political correctness is just a fancy way to tell someone, "Shut up!"

It's also a Communist concept that the modern left has adopted to great effect for their movement.

Agreed.

Only redditors don't like policitical correctness

BB

That's because /r/ShitRedditSays began infesting the website; so there was a pushback.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By BappyRonChantin

I must have been really drunk or sleepy when I voted "yes", I don't even remember when I did it

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I respect the message of understanding and tolerance, but the movement is just being used to push Marxist views. That's why you have a "revolution" with each new generation. That's why the hardcore proponents of feminism and socialism are always pushing for constant revolution against social norms. That's also why you've got constant hate of Capitalism coming from college campuses. It's Marxism, even if not all of the supporters of PC recognize it as such.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: It is done wrong. Very wrong. So for its average use, no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@sc said:

Good stuff little boy.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SC  Moderator

@crash_: 4 foot 1 isn't little! Plus mom says if keep taking my vitamins, I might get another growth spurt when I'm 50. Oh yeah I'm 42, people just think I'm a boy because of my height and youthful good looks!

Oh and thanks. Thanks too dum529001.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@sc God has blessed you.