Do you believe in ghosts and aliens?

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

I always wondered do people believe in ghosts, and aliens due to the amount of movies they make about them. Personally I do. How about you?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghosts, no. Aliens... probably.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes and yes.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Aliens yes

Ghosts yes

Republicans no

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Ghost no yes aliens

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I believe in demons. Not really on ghosts. I'd like to think there are aliens out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghosts are certainly a possibility. Aliens not existing is just downright illogical

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By 14NC3

I believe that we're not the only ones in the universe

As for ghosts...i used to

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't believe in ghosts. I'm not sure about aliens, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Ghosts - no

Aliens - yes

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Aliens are a possibility, though I doubt that they'd be as intelligent as what we see on TV (though not completely impossible).

Ghosts... no.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

yep

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really believe in ghost but do believe in demons if that means anything. I don't believe in aliens.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Ghost? maybe. Aliens? I'm 100 percent sure there is life on another planet, so yes.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Of course! I often travel to lower-fourth dimension to do battle with these fiends.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost nope. I am a big skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. Aliens eh it is a possibility.
@veshark said:

I believe in demons. Not really on ghosts. I'd like to think there are aliens out there.

@gtg12 said:

I don't really believe in ghost but do believe in demons if that means anything. I don't believe in aliens.

What do you think to exorcisms?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@awesam said:

Ghosts, no. Aliens... probably.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Strider1992

Ghosts nope.

I believe in the concept of Aliens as the chance of life outside our planet is too great to ignore but I doubt they are humanoid grey things that abduct people and perform probing......

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost yes (Lived in a house where a lot of strange stuff was going on) Aliens....maybe.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Ghosts.No

Aliens.Maybe (as in intelligent life)

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

The guy mowing the lawn is an alien so yeah they exist.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no such thing.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Ghosts? Not exactly, I have my own weird theory about those..

Aliens? Sure, it would be ignorant to to say in the vastness of the universe there isn't other intelligent life

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Ghosts? Not exactly, I have my own weird theory about those..

Aliens? Sure, it would be ignorant to to say in the vastness of the universe there isn't other intelligent life

Well depends, i believe there is life, but i don't believe in aliens and when i say aliens it should look like e.t or something.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the theory?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Yes on both.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Black_Arrow

ghosts no aliens yeah

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghosts- Not really but I don't discount the possibility.

Aliens- Yes but I doubt they come and abduct red necks, but statistically it is unlikely that Earth is the only planet in the entire universe to have life on it especially considering that there was at least some bacterial life confirmed to have existed on Mars at some point along with some indications of possible bacterial life on a few meteorites that have been discovered, so they have technically confirmed that life has existed off Earth.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Aliens definitely exist. I refuse to believe God only filled One planet with life

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lykopis

Aliens are extremely likely and as for ghosts, I have learned to listen to people's experiences. It's very much tied with memory and the past so I believe in my own interpretation of what ghosts are.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Every thing about science points to the fact it's impossible there aren't aliens out there somewhere.

And if ghosts were real there wouldn't be a million shows about ghost hunting were every single episode ends in "inconclusive"

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to but seeing a bright light falling from a sky is hard to explain (trust me I have gone over it a million times in my head)

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I've had things thrown off a table at me with no apparent cause, so yes to both.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: Well, you know how they use those devices to detect them? Well, what if what they are actually detecting is left-over energy from people's past. Usually what they call 'ghosts' are somewhere something traumatic has happened, such as murders or suicides. What if our most traumatizing moments somehow leave energy enough in those places to 'reenact' those times in our life? Energy can not be destroyed nor created, therefore what if the energy used there for some reason gets trapped into whatever happened there? Of course, they seem to happen long after it has happened or even the death of the person, then eventually the tales of that place and people saying what they experienced just seems to disappear. But what if the energy that is 'stuck' there reawakens for some reason when people get near it? What if they just happen to do the exact motions happening that said 'ghost' had done before it 'died', and it just happens to set it off? Don't ask me why I think this lol, I have no idea how it would work either....

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#38 SC  Moderator

I don't believe in things, I know, I don't know and or I pretend to know and guess heh heh. I don't know if ghosts exist, I know that human perceptions are both pretty faulty and very susceptible to attributing and labeling phenomena they don't understand and that historically the concepts of ghosts have been introduced to explain such phenomena that has since been discovered to have more naturalistic explanations or likelihoods. I also know that human minds are also adapted to be able to think of conceptual non real things to aid in the practice of surviving and living as a real thing, so it can take time to train itself to acknowledge that the ability to think of something doesn't actually make it true or real, even in spite of lack of contradicting evidence.

I know aliens exist because a pretty common definition of aliens is of foreigners visiting a country. I assume one means extraterrestrial aliens, and I don't know if they exist, but I do know that life's definition is in flux, so deciding what is life external to Earth and thus alien might be a bit tricky when we don't have a certain unchanged criteria for life on Earth, which is a good thing mind you. In fact our definition of life may not really be set in stone until we explore more of the Universe. I also know its possible given the size of the Universe that there is a lot to explore and know and that we may find many things including things that we define as living and alien, but also that there is much we don't know including how often life as we define it arises and that the Universe may just be very large to us. Our Universe may be standard or rare, examples of life like us might have once every 15 billion years (in which case our species will probably never know) or 5000 times every 15 billion years (which still may mean our species may never know, but the chances are greater) so you know, either way is pretty amazing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With how big the universe is, it would be extremely unlikely if other forms of life didn't exist. I hope we get to meet and befriend them someday.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Aliens are extremely likely and as for ghosts, I have learned to listen to people's experiences. It's very much tied with memory and the past so I believe in my own interpretation of what ghosts are.

Tell me more please :) (about your interpretation of what ghosts are)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader:

Well, it's a bit difficult to explain.

Outside of a few instances when I was younger which I have reached resolution with - my ghosts are constructs of certain people in my past who no longer with me but are very much a part of what shaped me into the person I am so far. In acknowledging (remembering) and accepting that influence (an influence I consciously permit), there is an awareness I experience during times of extreme stress and upset I have sometimes been able to derive comfort from. Sometimes I mentally reach out to them (which I am learning to not do as much) but there are times that awareness I created comes forward, unconsciously. So I have created my ghosts according to memories and knowledge I have of certain people who are gone from my life in a physical sense.

(hope I didn't lose you too much, lol)

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghosts? No.

Aliens? Maybe.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By New_World_Order

So if you believe in ghost can you state why. It's a very interesting fact. If you don't believe ib ghosts, you have to be sort of naive because do you really believe were the onlyones in this universe? So yeah explain why you believe in them please?

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

Well, it's a bit difficult to explain.

Outside of a few instances when I was younger which I have reached resolution with - my ghosts are constructs of certain people in my past who no longer with me but are very much a part of what shaped me into the person I am so far. In acknowledging (remembering) and accepting that influence (an influence I consciously permit), there is an awareness I experience during times of extreme stress and upset I have sometimes been able to derive comfort from. Sometimes I mentally reach out to them (which I am learning to not do as much) but there are times that awareness I created comes forward, unconsciously. So I have created my ghosts according to memories and knowledge I have of certain people who are gone from my life in a physical sense.

(hope I didn't lose you too much, lol)

Wow interesting. I had to read it over a few times to fully understand what you are saying but I get what you mean. And I think that is a good way too look at the people who are no longer around who were in life to understand that they shaped who you are or a part of your life.

I know that I think I can relate to what you say as well.

Thank you for sharing that. :)

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By New_World_Order

@ragdollpurps: Freaky. I remember I put my watch on a pile of comic books, and it feel off once. Than I thought maybe it was at the edge so I put in the middle and it fell again. I repeated this twice more and than it stopped.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Agreed

@tacos_kickass: Lol

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thundergodswrath: The reason I believe in life on another planet is because it is logical. If life is a 1 and 1,000,000 thing, there are way more then one million planets in the Universe,so that is how I came to this conclusion; to me it is impossible for there not to be life on another planet. Richard Dawkins said something similar to what I said in the 'Greatest Show On Earth' but I am way to lazy to pull out the quote right now lol.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vortex13

I believe in alien ghost.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: The reason I believe in life on another planet is because it is logical. If life is a 1 and 1,000,000 thing,

there are way more then one million planets in the Universe,so that is how I came to this conclusion; to me it is impossible for there not to be life on another planet. Richard Dawkins said something similar to what I said in the 'Greatest Show On Earth' but I am way to lazy to pull out the quote right now lol.

I see, that's interestingly true. Although I believe the chance is a lot bigger than that.