Do you agree with the Catholic churches being burned down due to their horrific atrocities?

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Do you agree with the Catholic churches being burned down due to their horrific atrocities? (26 votes)

Yes 19%
No 69%
Other (Specify) 12%

For those who don't know.

The Catholic Church in Canada played a major role in Canada's cultural genocide of native peoples by administering most of the "residential schools". Forced boarding 'schools' whose mission was to "kill the Indian in the child". In these institutions children were frequently beat, raped, starved, deprived of medical care, and murdered. The last of these schools closed in 1996 so their impact is still fresh on these communities.

The death tolls were always known to be high, but now that efforts to investigate the unmarked mass graves around these schools are taking place and finding hundreds of bodies at each school the impact is being felt especially hard. People on various reservations have decided that they don't want the same churches that murdered children and scarred generations on their land anymore.

The government of Canada has also been much to happy to pass the blame for the program they legally mandated onto the peaple they placed to oversee it.

• 
last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't agree with burning down buildings.

But it is puzzling to me why people still want to identify with the Catholic Church, given everything that this institution has done historically. The usual excuse of "they don't do it anymore" does not seem to work with the KKK, or the Nazi party (which the Vatican endorsed btw). And that's not counting all the more recent scandals, as well as their regressive stance on contraception (abortion, I can understand, but contraception?), which caused the AIDS epidemic in Africa. Francis may be the best pope in a long time, if not ever, and he seems to be doing what he can to nudge the church in the right direction, but it's not nearly enough. They have consistently been on the wrong side of every important issue, and were, and continue to be, one of the primary opposing forces to social and scientific progress. Yet, over a billion people identify as catholics worldwide.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say let the law define how we should punish individual involve in a criminal activity.

So unless "burning" the criminal's properties is part of such punishments, then I would disagree with such action.

Personally I think, "burning" properties is pretty stupid way to punish a criminals.

If proven guilty, it would be better if the government confiscate the criminal's belongings and then use it to compensate the victims for the damages they sustained from the criminal acts.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ pretty much. Punishing properties for the crimes of their owners seems pretty counterproductive.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No, this stuff is just delusional. Sounds like you just need to complete your research on the matter. You can't act on things, because people just say things all the time about many things. This is just nutty propaganda derived from lots of heresy by people who want's the church to have been involved in this. Sure, there are stray events that occur from time to time, but certain things are just not apart of the motivation of the church. Something occurs every once in an while, the media gets a hold of it and broadcast it, and then antitheists latch on; the church obviously survives for a reason. While Christian, I'm not Catholic, and think that Galatians Chapter 1 can be applied to it for certain events from the past involving it calling the Gospel accursed, as well, in order to begin adding to what it takes to be Christian and achieve your eternal salvation, but, they do identify as Christian, so, there you have it. Christianity is the most persecuted already.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Canadians urgh! Oh and Catholic Canadians pfft! They make me so mad with always saying sorry and thinking they are nice when they aren't. They need to just get rid of the whole country and make it the Polar Bears Republic of the People's Autonomous Zone.

Letterkenny is a good show. The best is Trailer Park Boys. I guess there are some good things about Canadia.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Native Americans, of which I am also, were just the victims of white racism, which was the driving force, far more than an actual contribution by the church.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I think the Native Americans should be able to desecrate symbols of the people who raped, killed, tortured and displaced tribes, and build something to honor their own ancestors, who totally never raped, killed, tortured and displaced tribes.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lawfully punish the individuals who have been proven to be involved in the Canadian atrocities. Do not just randomly burn down churches, no more than one should burn local mosques in the wake of a jihadist terrorist attack.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bump.

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punish the individuals,why burn down something that's probably more costly than your properties owned by your entire bloodline🤨

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's like every single church is considered bad just because a few give them a bad reputation.

Hentekorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hentekorin

@dshipp17: they were mainly victims of the catholics/ Christians not white race

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhmmm, this is a tough one. I'm all for burning down churches. But I'm heavily against giving any satisfaction to the temper tantrums of a minority group.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cancel culture and reparations. Here we come

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We better burn down all courts because some judges are pedophiles

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No they shouldn't be burned down.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KillianDuclark  Online

Sure.

And whiles we are at it let's burn down the nation of America and any other entity that has done noticeable evil in the past like BLM, red cross and pretty much all of human creation

DimensionPopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mobs are a pretty wild and dangerous thing, I seent he odd Liveleak video when the site was up and you still can find crazy feeds on facebook and twitter and other social media

I don't agree with violence but the cool thing about mobs when they get their jimmies rustled, they might burn down the entire system

The cults like NXIVM burning in down, the Mormon churches trafficking kids and smuggling illegals across borders...burning it down! the Jewish synagogue with their diseased Rabbis that kill babies when they bite their foreskins off and pass on disease to babies ...burning down... the mosques with islamists and jihadi preachers...going up in flames... the historical statues, smashing ita ll and burning it all down... Church of England / Anglican Church of Canada, the Sikh freaks the Presbyterians the Hindu freaks the United Church of Canada...Trudeau himself...burning that down!?

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.