Do Ajit Pai really deserve that much hatred from the internet masses?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do Ajit Pai really deserve that much hatred from the internet masses? (36 votes)

Yes 89%
No, he does NOT deserve that much hate 11%
No Caption Provided

Not sure what's with the big deal with Net Neutrality thing. I thought it was sort of a recent phenomenon and changing it or not changing it won't result in any big moves.

discuss

• 
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

from my understanding, Net Neutrality was instilled during the Obama administration to ensure that big internet distributing companies won't limit the internet for customers who pay for smaller internet packages (or something like that). However, from what I also heard, prior to NN this sort of thing was unheard of and no company in the US was doing this, but now NN is being taken away for this specific reason. Many Internet providers (allegedly...but c'mon we all know this happened) paid off the FCC (I think that's who they are) to take down NN so they can charge higher prices for higher services of the internet.

My knowledge of this may be a little off or limited because I'm not in the US

What I do know about this guy is that he tried sliding into Mia Khalifa's DMs on Instagram asking if she wanted to hang out and she started making fun of him, then he got upset and blocked her. That story was pretty funny to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The repeal of Net Neutrality "won't cause big moves". Do you even know what Net Neutrality is?

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The repeal of Net Neutrality "won't cause big moves". Do you even know what Net Neutrality is?

I didn't bother searching the net for a definition to copy and paste, so here it is in my own words - "law that ensures company treat any data transmission in the internet equally."

As many other people had mentioned, is it really a big deal? No wide-spread negativity of not having net neutrality ever happened before net neutrality rules was passed.

Not only that, the implications of higher prices and unfair practices, I believe would be covered by another law - anti-trust.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to be following this thread very closely because I myself don't have much knowledge of this, and I want to learn more to see if my internet business plans will be affected by this. If anyone has answers regarding this please hit me up.

@all-father said:

I didn't bother searching the net for a definition to copy and paste, so here it is in my own words - "law that ensures company treat any data transmission in the internet equally."

As many other people had mentioned, is it really a big deal? No wide-spread negativity of not having net neutrality ever happened before net neutrality rules was passed.

Not only that, the implications of higher prices and unfair practices, I believe would be covered by another law - anti-trust.

yeah, exactly. prior to Net Neutrality being instilled no internet provider did anything like this, but NN ensured that this wouldn't be able to happen even if they wanted it to. However, now there isn't exactly any law that stops them from doing it now that NN is gone. I don;t think anti-trust law will prohibit them from doing this, but I'm not entirely revised by American law lol, I barely know shit about Canadian law :p

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

He owes me a face to the fist.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He saving america from the commies. So no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He's a corporate shill that treats the whole thing as one big meme and to him it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is an unapologetic corporate puppet. So I'd think so, but then again I'm not American so I'm not really affexted by his antics.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@icedemonking: Ignorance is bliss huh. Net neutrality was ensuring that competition the basis idea behind capitalism is not hindered into an environment favoring giant corporations crony capitalism. The only people for the repeal are those intentionally lying about it because they are corporate sell outs in the pockets of a donor class planning to disadvantage theor competition.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Umm, you do kno wI'm trolling right? Not even in Murica mate.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's hear more

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Type the words.

"Hardest Working Man in Corruption" into google...

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he deserves all the hate he gets and then some. He is a complete and utter piece of garbage.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By RogueDeWolff

Not only does he intentionally try to piss off the very people his scheme to eliminate Net Neutrality is affecting, he even humiliated the politicians who tried to vote against him. I remember him publicly and childishly mocking one of the members who calmly and rationally explained why his scheme was a bad idea.

So yes, he deserves all the hate he got. It's karma.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Not only does he intentionally try to piss off the very people his Net Neutrality scheme is affecting, he even humiliated the politicians who tried to vote against him. I remember him publicly and childishly mocking one of the members who calmly and rationally explained why his Net Neutrality scheme was a bad idea.

You mean his scheme to make getting rid of Net Neutrality appear as though it will have no significance.

RogueDeWolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@_logos_ said:
@roguedewolff said:

Not only does he intentionally try to piss off the very people his Net Neutrality scheme is affecting, he even humiliated the politicians who tried to vote against him. I remember him publicly and childishly mocking one of the members who calmly and rationally explained why his Net Neutrality scheme was a bad idea.

You mean his scheme to make getting rid of Net Neutrality appear as though it will have no significance.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. lol I kinda goofed up with my comment.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To answer the question: yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol looks like he is nog getting enough hate.

RIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*almost comments on a political thread but slaps myself*

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Yeah, he does. Besides just having one of those kinds of punchable faces that he has, he is also pretty much the face of the system trying to effectively sell the internet to the companies managing it, which would make the internet even worse, since you'd now be consuming what providers want you to consume, not what you want to. The worst thing about him however is how seemingly dismissive he is about opposing this and how stupid he apparently thinks people who use the internet is. 'Dont worry, we are just going to change how the internet works but you can still watch cat-video's and fridgespinners!'

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't understand the whole 'net neutrality' thing.

I will say though, I do agree with lots of Americans that say he has a punchable face.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has an extremely punchable face.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. The dude's okay.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, he does. Besides just having one of those kinds of punchable faces that he has, he is also pretty much the face of the system trying to effectively sell the internet to the companies managing it, which would make the internet even worse, since you'd now be consuming what providers want you to consume, not what you want to. The worst thing about him however is how seemingly dismissive he is about opposing this and how stupid he apparently thinks people who use the internet is. 'Dont worry, we are just going to change how the internet works but you can still watch cat-video's and fridgespinners!'

this