DYK that a ghosts favorite car is a bogati

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ha. Ha.

DYK that Oskar Schindler (famous for Schindler's List) is the only member of the Nazi Party to have been honored upon death by being buried on Mount Zion in Jerusalem?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know

DYK that most people sit facing forward when they use the toilet?

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I did.

DYK that Jackie Robinson was actually not the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know.

DYK that in 1997, Shaquille O'Neal played Steel in a live action movie.

Loading Video...

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that.

DYK that the city of Budapest, Hungary is actually a combination of two separate historic cities that were separated by the Danube River, called Buda and Pest?

Buda on the left, Pest on the right
Buda on the left, Pest on the right

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know, but that is a really cool fact to know!

DYK that Harvey Dent is scarred on the left side of his face?

No honestly, if you did not read my question, would you know for sure which side he is scarred on or would you have to think about it for a second or to???

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, yes I did know that. This is a Comic Book site after all :p

Did you know that mirrors are technically green.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I knew it, but without knowing that I knew it. It is the glass, in fact, that is green. You can see it when you look at the edge.

A Belgian princess was Empress of Mexico.

Charlotte of Belgium, born at the castle of Laeken (Belgium) on June 7, 1840 and died on January 19, 1927 at the castle of Bouchout in Meise (Belgium), is a princess of Belgium, princess of Saxe-Cobourg and Gotha and duchess in Saxony. She is the only daughter of Leopold I, King of the Belgians, and Queen Louise of Orléans. As the wife of Archduke Maximilian of Austria, Viceroy of Lombardy-Venetia then Emperor of Mexico, she became Archduchess of Austria in 1857, then Empress of Mexico in 1864.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know

DYK That Andre the Giant had fun farting on opponents?

By most accounts, André was a jovial giant, content to play cards, socialize, and enjoy all the food and drink his success afforded him. During matches, he amused himself by stepping on an opponent’s long hair or wringing the sweat from his singlet into their face. In one bout, Jake “The Snake” Roberts recalled that André waited until Roberts was on the mat before he squatted down and unleashed his flatulence. “This went on for like 30 seconds,” Roberts said. "Giants fart for extremely long periods of time."

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn’t know

DYK that before Action Comics was created, Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel created a short story called The Reign of the Superman where Superman was an evil bald guy with telepathy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that to an extent.

DYK that the last Imperial Japanese soldier held out and didn’t surrender until 1974, nearly 30 years after the end of World War II?

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did know that!

DYK that the bones of some frogs can be seen fluorescing under the skin when exposed to UV light?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know, but that is a cool fact.

DYK That Elvis Presley had a twin brother?

On January 8, 1935, Elvis Aron (later spelled Aaron) Presley was born at his parents’ two-room house in East Tupelo, Mississippi, about 35 minutes after his identical twin brother, Jesse Garon, who was stillborn. The next day, Jesse was buried in an unmarked grave in nearby Priceville Cemetery.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that.

DYK that Johnny Cash was the first American to learn about the death of Joseph Stalin?

Before he became the legendary country musician, Johnny Cash was a member of the US Air Force, and was stationed abroad in Landsberg, West Germany in 1953. His job was to intercept Morse code transmissions by the Soviet Union. It was there that he learned about the death of Joseph Stalin himself, and was the very first American, and for that matter, person outside the Eastern Bloc to learn of the dictator's death.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By Referee
lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that the Northeastern United States has the second largest Jewish population in the world, behind only Israel itself?

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#768  Edited By jacdec

No I did not know. But I don't find that surprising. America is a great country and the only one capable of offering them security during the Second World War. And New York was the entry point for European migrants.

DYK that the name of the fifth day of the week "Thursday" of the Roman calendar comes from the name "Thor", equivalent of the Roman god Jupiter, the Greek god Zeus, the Gallic god Taranis and the Indian god Indra.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that the velociraptors made famous by Jurassic Park were actually much smaller, had feathers and were a lot less threatening than the terrifying lizards they were portrayed as in the movie?

Actual raptors looked like this:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smth smth dinosaurs had feathers so yeah already knew

DYK Caffeine kills

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard that, never knew if it was true.

DYK on the show 'Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman', Clark was wearing glasses long before he came up with the idea of being Superman.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that the Soviet Union was one of the biggest importers of grain from the United States during the Cold War?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know

DYK that the Earth spins at roughly 1,000 miles per hour?

The earth rotates once every 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09053 seconds, called the sidereal period, and its circumference is roughly 40,075 kilometers. Thus, the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I heard something like that.

DYK that in The Simpsons, Krusty the Clown was originally intended to be Homer Simpson's secret alter ego, NOT a separate character?

The idea was that Homer would be living a secret double life as a local celebrity, and there would be a great irony of Bart looking down on his father while idolizing his clown persona. In fact, if you look at both Homer and Krusty, they have the exact same facial build aside from the hair and makeup. It was scrapped because, as Cracked put it:

"It would be a bit far-fetched to think of Homer as being capable of successfully leading a double life as a local celebrity while maintaining a job at a nuclear power plant and also barely being competent and sober enough to tie his own shoes. Not to mention that a number of early storylines about the family's financial difficulties would have lost a bit of their oomph factor if Homer was secretly sitting on a wealth of branded Krusty home pregnancy test and imitation gruel royalties."

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know, but that is a cool fact

DYK A woman was elected to Congress before women’s suffrage.

American women were given the right to vote in 1920, but Jeanette Rankin became the first woman in the U.S. federal office in 1916.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that China is in the midst of its largest uprising against the CCP seen in the nation since 1989?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know but I should have

DYK that the dot over a lowercase i and j has a name?

It's called a tittle, which is a noun meaning "a tiny amount or part of something". Like the dot over an i or a j.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that.

DYK that the real origin of Venom's name is actually derived from the tabloid hit pieces and celebrity gossip newspapers that Eddie Brock had been working on?

No Caption Provided

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know

DYK For 20 years, a cat served as mayor of an Alaskan town.

In 1997, an orange cat names Stubbs became honorary mayor of the Alaskan town of Talkeetna. With a population of 772 in 2000, it would not have taken too many votes to earn the position (and the small town did not actually have a real, human mayor. anyway), but Stubbs proved adept at the role, gaining fans from around the world and "serving" in the position for years, greeting tourists and becoming a beloved symbol of the town until his death in 2017.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780  Edited By lazorguns

Didn't know, that's funny though.

DYK that the British accent around the 1600s-1700s actually sounded a lot closer to an American accent, because Received Pronunciation wasn't adopted until the 1800s?

This is also why Australians and New Zealanders have British-like accents, because they were established as colonies after RP was adopted, whereas Americans and Canadians existed long before it, which is why there's such a noticeable difference.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did not know

DYK that 781 people have posted on this thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I do.

DYK that there are over 200 dead bodies of climbers on Mt. Everest because it’s so difficult to bring them down?

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that.

DYK that none of the countries that bordered Poland before 1990 exist today?

Before 1990, Poland was bordered to the west by the German Democratic Republic (East Germany), the south by Czechoslovakia, and the east and northeast by the Soviet Union.

Since 1993, Poland is bordered to the west by the Federal Republic of Germany, the south by the Czech Republic and Slovakia, the east by Ukraine and Belarus, the northeast by Lithuania, and the north by Russia (via the Kaliningrad Exclave).

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784  Edited By Prime10000

i did not know

did you know that that Napoleon's army managed to reach Moscow and that is why the Russians decided to burn their city?

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes I know , the Heavens helped Russians a lot , first a horrid summer and then a terrible winter , a rather alien environment to the french.

The Seige of Stalingrad was so bad that people resorted so badly to cannibalism, new laws and a department of police was created simply to deal with cannibalism related topics.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know, but it doesn't surprise me.

DYK that so many people died in the Battle of Stalingrad that to this day, hundreds of skeletons are found each year in present day Volgograd, Russia?

Most commonly they're of Soviet soldiers and civilians, as well as German troops, though to a lesser extent Italian, Hungarian and Romanian troops are found as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that to a certain extent but didn't know it was hundreds found each year.

DYK that there was an assassination attempt on John F. Kennedy in 1960 when he was still President-elect?

It was unsuccessfully carried out by then-73-year-old Richard Paul Pavlick, who wanted to detonate his 1950 Buick with dynamite to cause a fatal explosion as JFK was leaving for Catholic Mass service in Palm Beach. Pavlick changed his mind only because he saw JFK's wife and two children leave his compound with him.

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not know 🤔

Did you know that David Ben Gurion was the first PM of israel.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that four US Presidents have been successfully assassinated?

The two most iconic, of course, are Abraham Lincoln (by John Wilkes Booth) and John F. Kennedy (by Lee Harvey Oswald). The other two are James A. Garfield (by Charles J. Guiteau) and William McKinley (by Leon Czolgosz).

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know about James A. Garfield

Did you know that tomato sauce was sold in the 18th century as a cure?

Avatar image for dianaprince3333
DianaPrince3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never knew.

Did you know First vaccines has been created before our era ?

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk???

DYK that Chris Pratt is Arnold Schwarzenegger's son-in-law?

bruhmoment6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

nope

DYK today is the day juice WRLD died?

(posting this on December 8th)

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that the only countries to win the FIFA World Cup in its entire history are England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina?

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know that! I guess money talks, huh?

Did you know that Ashkenazi Jews are 100% white (instead of West Asian) and speak a German language called Yiddish. They're legit Eastern Europeans! My whole life was a lie!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I didn't know that likely because it's not true. Ashkenazi Jews can suffer from diseases like Tay Sachs, while non Jewish Europeans don't.....so there is some genetic variance and they're not completely the same as other Eastern Euro populations.

Did you know that while Wolverine was created by Len Wein, his full blown identity and demeanor wasn't really fleshed out until John Byrne co wrote him with Chris Claremont. Wherein John Byrne based him off of a character that appears in about 5 minutes of the 70s hockey movie "Slapshot"

Loading Video...

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool Fact, Did not know

DYK there was an evil Hulk on the 70's TV series The Incredible Hulk?

He was on an the two part episodes "The First"

Loading Video...

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know.

DYK that Darth Vader was inspired in part by Doctor Doom?

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had heard that, but only through rumors.

DYK In "Star Wars’" First Draft, Han Solo Was Green

In George Lucas's original script for Star Wars, Han Solo wasn't a square-jawed humanoid scoundrel. The first draft of Han was decidedly more ...green than the final cinematic version. A member of an alien race called Ureallians, this Swamp Thing-like creature was supposed to be the best pilot in the galaxy.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew that.

DYK that Red Dawn (1984) is the first PG-13 movie ever released, just a month after the rating had been introduced in July of that year?