• 149 results
Avatar image for crawlerwing_night
CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wut: i just don’t think quitting before you lose counts as a win, that’s all.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crawlerwing_night: Cept they wouldn't have lost. Again, the North only attacked when they were sure the US wasn't coming back. If they would have come back, just like Korea, it would have ended in two separate Vietnam.

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: lots of “ifs” thrown around in your arguments.

Here’s why comparing ‘nam to Korea doesn’t work. We never declared war on Vietnam, we did declare war on NK. After a ceasefire (or “peace” as you say) was reached in Vietnam, it didn’t take long for that “peace” to end. When a ceasefire was reached in Korea, it has lasted still through today, though there is plenty of posturing. We’re technically still at war with them, but have maintained relative peace for 60 years, and SK is still free. Hypotheticals and ifs don’t prove anything aside from you having no actual occurances to draw from.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Wut

@crawlerwing_night: We never declared war on NK. The last war the United States declared was WW2 as to declare war it must be done by congress. Just like with Iraq, Korea, Vietnam, hell, even the Barbary Wars, they were not declarations of war.

The length of the peace established is inconsequential to the fact it is established. The second it is established the conflict is over.

What have you now?

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: so you’re saying WW1 ended when they had the holiday armistice and played soccer with their enemies, and when the fighting picked back up after that it was a completely new and different war... Ok. Got it now.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crawlerwing_night: An unofficial armistice by soldiers =/= a ratified cease fire agreement between governments.

You are hilariously bad at this. Google some more then come back when you have something.

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: this has got you really hot. I wouldn’t have got involved if I knew you were so passionate about what the definition of peace is. Going straight back to the main topic, yes or no, did the US win?

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: you’re confusing the end of US involvment with the end of the war. The war ended with the fall of Saigon in ‘75. Pleeeeease try to refute that.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>US

>Lose

pick one

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut, @crawlerwing_night

The US won EVERY single major battle in the war. Every last one. And most all of the other ones too. Even the 'great Tet Offensive' infamous for American casualties, as the most in the war - still was a resounding win, at the cost of months of Vietcong supplies, plans, prep - and more than 10x the amount of casualties.

We could have won without even sending in the troops (you should read what the SEALs and co were even doing before the stupid intervening leaders got involved). Even a cursory glance at the numbers remaining, and the supplies being made and obtained from imports, yeah - if the war continued, VC would have lost in short order after that, no more than a year. They could not sustain those massive losses indefinitely. It is just the US public that didn't like the idea of our soldiers killing people or understanding WAR IS GD WAR. But no, it was definitely not a military loss.

I don't care what anyone wants to say - if you think there was a military loss, on a war in which ever metric is in your favor, battle outcomes, major battles, k/d ratio, supplies, manpower, etc - all being HUGELY in America's favor... The idea that any military loss happened is delusional. The idea of 'well, south Vietnam fell', that is akin to an association fallacy. One thing does not mean the other. Sure, it fell - without us, when we had military victory in every category. When Nineveh fell to Babylon, was that due to the US as well, being without our involvement? Idiots. That is all I can say about that.

The only loss here is political, plain as day. And heck, not even really that much there - but in the public image. Period. And that really I don't count as a loss of a WAR. Because a WAR is won or lost by agreement or total victory. Guess what? After deciding to stop, we got an agreement. End war, no loss. IE: By the basic common sense, no, the US didn't lose the war.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Paytience

@crawlerwing_night said:

@wut: i just don’t think quitting before you lose counts as a win, that’s all.

They didn't. They quit after they literally slaughtered the Vietnamese to the point that the American citizen was calling the military murderers. The U.S. won every battle of the war. Every single one. The U.S. met every military objective of the war. And the U.S. crushed the VC and Vietnamese infrastructure to the point that country still hasn't really recovered.

We didn't quite before we lost. We quit before we won. There is a significant difference there.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Wut

@theonewhopullsthestrings: ... Why did you tag me? I've been saying exactly that. Unless it was like a tag of, 'Yo, I'm entering the debate bro' kinda thing, welcome and what not. Just a little confused.

TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

@theonewhopullsthestrings: ... Why did you tag me? I've been saying exactly that. Unless it was like a tag of, 'Yo, I'm entering the debate bro' kinda thing, welcome and what not. Just a little confused.

Sorry, perhaps I should have posted clearer reasons. Anyway, I just posted my thoughts without any tags, then I decided to edit post the two people in question that I saw starting to argue on page 2 before I stopped that were involved in just sort of what I brought up.

But you were right though :)

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I really don’t see why you need to spend a whole paragraph slinging insults. Just let your arguments do the talking.

For the record, I’m not really debating if it was a military victory or not, I’m saying winning a war (typically) isn’t simply who can kill more of the other guy. I interpreted the question as did the US win the Vietnam War, like the actual war of North vs South. Even though we didn’t declare war, we heavily supported, and essentially were, the South. Since the south lost the actual war, I count it as a loss for the US. If you are pretending like the war ended when the US left, then I can see your point.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crawlerwing_night: Because you haven't been arguing? You've been trying, and failing, to undermine mine rather then present your own.

I never said anything about 'military' victory. They did win the actual war of North vs South. The part they were in. The overall conflict is inconsequential.

When a nation enters a war, they enter a war with planned goals.

The United States goals were:

Protect the South. Which they did.

Stop the North. Which they did.

Stop the spread of communism. Which they did.

It all ended with a peace treaty in the Paris Peace Accords fulfilling all of the United State's war goals. Full stop.

Then, and only then, did the North restart the conflict with the South, however, the United States did not enter the conflict this time. You cannot lose something you were not involved in. We did not heavily support the South. Which was the point. We promised we would support them, we promised we would supply them, we did not do either. The president even begged Congress to support the South, congress denied his plea.

Now, you can bemoan the fact that so many lives were lost in the initial conflict that was rendered 'meaningless' (although not really as it did help stop the 'spread of communism') because the South did, eventually, fall after the United States left, however, that is not a United States defeat no more then North Korea failing to take South Korea was a USSR defeat.

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: except the North DID take the South. A treaty is meaningless if it isn’t followed. Again, the actual war ended with the fall of Saigon, not with the end of US involvment. A slight delay =/= full stop. The treaty did nothing but give the North the opportunity to successfully take the South. The treaty was just a ploy that worked.

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: the North and South were seperate before the US got involved. If the US hadn’t got involved, the South would have fallen. The US got involved, fought for years, left, then the South fell anyway... so what did the US even do besides delay the inevitable at the cost of many lives on both sides...?

TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crawlerwing_night said:

@wut: except the North DID take the South. A treaty is meaningless if it isn’t followed. Again, the actual war ended with the fall of Saigon, not with the end of US involvment. A slight delay =/= full stop. The treaty did nothing but give the North the opportunity to successfully take the South. The treaty was just a ploy that worked.

By that dumb logic, WWII was just WWI, because the treaty with Germany largely didn't get followed. The moment they could break it, they did; just like the Vietcong. Sure, we got WWII after awhile - but by your own logic, both wars might as well have been the same. But wait, doesn't everyone count them as you know, TWO DIFFERENT WARS?!

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhopullsthestrings: that is a terrible example -_- reach further please. WWI and WWII had about a couple decades of peace between them, not a year or less. They were also to completely different wars, with different motives, different goals, different causes, and different participants, though many did participate in both. By your far-reaching and forced-warping of my logic, there has never been an end to any war because more wars and conflicts always come up. Geography doesn’t define a war.

The actual WAR ended in ‘75. US involvment ended in ‘73. Our goal was to support the South in their war to not fall to the North.

Look at the effect the war had on the US. The cost was high. Caused inflation. Heavily divided the population. The veterans got the worst treatment of any other returning service member in our modern history. The US involvment had a negative impact on the US, and not long afterr their involvment the South STILL fell, so literally all we did was waste time, money, and lives. To me, that’s a loss.

CrawlerWing_Night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone could make a pros/cons list for the impact the US’s involvment had on the US, and the pro list outweighs the con, then I’ll concede the US won.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The vietnam war lost america

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Military - win

Political - lost

Securing South Vietnam Statehood - lost

Containing Communism in East/South Asia - (probably) win

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome said:

Military - win

Political - lost

Securing South Vietnam Statehood - lost

Containing Communism in East/South Asia - (probably) win

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Wut

@crawlerwing_night: Exactly, our involvement was over. We had met the goals we wanted to during our involvement. The US later then refused to come back when things went south. The US was not defeated because they didn't want to come back.

Understand one simple thing, you considering it a waste of lives, a pointless exercise of might =/= a defeat. You can think it is pointless all you bloody want, but the US, did not, suffer a defeat by any standard of measurement.

TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhopullsthestrings: that is a terrible example -_- reach further please. WWI and WWII had about a couple decades of peace between them, not a year or less. They were also to completely different wars, with different motives, different goals, different causes, and different participants, though many did participate in both. By your far-reaching and forced-warping of my logic, there has never been an end to any war because more wars and conflicts always come up. Geography doesn’t define a war.

The actual WAR ended in ‘75. US involvment ended in ‘73. Our goal was to support the South in their war to not fall to the North.

Look at the effect the war had on the US. The cost was high. Caused inflation. Heavily divided the population. The veterans got the worst treatment of any other returning service member in our modern history. The US involvment had a negative impact on the US, and not long afterr their involvment the South STILL fell, so literally all we did was waste time, money, and lives. To me, that’s a loss.

Nope, that is shifting the goal post. I was simply posting a response to point out why your previous arguments were stupid, it wasn't about the reason you said Vietnam counted. And you rightfully pointed out some of the issues with WWII and WWI, but then you end up using different goals and definitions, showing all of your flaws here...

The US won in every way that mattered, forced a treaty and went out. That is not a loss, what happened after, whether it be 2 decades or 1 year DOES NOT MATTER. Because it is different, and it was a war that was not lost.

And OMG. You want a pro-con of if it was worth it to be counted as not a loss? That is not how things work... The 100 years war was a pointless and bloody war. That had again - no one losing, and largely ending up in the same starting positions. Oh yeah, according to you though - that is a loss for both, because it wasn't worth it at all. God...

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing’s for sure: nobody won the Vietnam War. Everyone who actively participated suffered greatly and losses were substantial on both sides, civilian and military.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitting is losing. We lost.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they probably won the "battles" and the local interactions but didn't win the war. Also lost their unbeatable image. Also disabled and crippled an entire generation.

Pretty much an L to me.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every war in history has been won by the side with the shortest hair cuts.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, they just pulled their massive dick out of the little country due to outside political reasons if mem serves.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AbstractRaze

This is an interesting interview, which explains many reasons why it was a more moral flaw than rather a technical one, besides political obstructions as well.

Americans did not really kill Vietcongs, to the contrary, they created more of them, because Vietnamese citizens which were victims from the American paranoia or psychosis, sided for the vietcongs, we're talking about North and South Vietnamese citizens.

It was a neverending wave of Vietcongs units all around the jungle, I mean, you can have the tech, the Napalm bombs, but there is a point when things go out of control, especially in such guerilla environments, thick vegetation everywhere, 10 meters away from you were 20 units and you never knew till they were there, however, at some point you was heavily injured, then you called for help while a damn Vietcong is somewhere on the trees or in some damn tiny hole waiting of your comrades to come for you and kill you all, at some point there is no mental stability anymore to keep going.

Quoting you @heroup2112, because I think it would be an interesting thing for you to hear a well articulated American veteran.

Loading Video...

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting interview, which explains many reasons why it was a more moral flaw than rather a technical one, besides political obstructions as well.

Americans did not really kill Vietcongs, to the contrary, they created more of them, because Vietnamese citizens which were victims from the American paranoia or psychosis, sided for the vietcongs, we're talking about North and South Vietnamese citizens.

It was a neverending wave of Vietcongs units all around the jungle, I mean, you can have the tech, the Napalm bombs, but there is a point when things go out of control, especially in such guerilla environments, thick vegetation everywhere, 10 meters away from you were 20 units and you never knew till they were there, however, at some point you was heavily injured, then you called for help while a damn Vietcong is somewhere on the trees or in some damn tiny hole waiting of your comrades to come for you and kill you all, at some point there is no mental stability anymore to keep going.

Quoting you @heroup2112, because I think it would be an interesting thing for you to hear a well articulated American veteran.

Loading Video...

There are a few things that are true here.

1. The US did a horrible job at fighting a counter insurgency war in Vietnam and did not learn from the ONLY successful counter insurgency war in the last or this century (that being the British in Malaysia in the 1950s).

2. The South Vietnamese were screwed up and down. They had the Vietcong coming and forcing their young men to fight for them, and yes, they had us inciting some of them to fight for them; however the idea that we what we were doing was the primary reason for Vietcong recruitment is nonsense.

3. The Vietcong were no where near our primary adversary. Now they were an important component in the North's over all plan but overall they weren't a terribly effective force. Just take the example this guy gives (I've seen this interview before btw) that Vietcong only inflicted 7.5% casualties (casualties include anything from a small piece of shrapnel in someone's foot to a KIA). The real enemy that we were facing and dealing with were People's Army of Vietnam otherwise known as the NVA, and they were sharp as knives.

4. The reality is, were it not for the presence of China and the Soviet Union (though without them we wouldn't have been in Vietnam anyway) we could have rolled up Vietnam in the matter of a month or three. We weren't France and we never committed more than a little less than 30% of our military ground and air forces (we committed practically zero Naval artillery forces which would have been devastating to their coast lines and coastal cities) to Vietnam at the HEIGHT of the conflict. Pacifying the north of the country would be another job. Sort of the same job we're having in Afghanistan, but Vietnam is no Afghanistan.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SpareHeadOne

LBJ was a disgusting, womanising, crude moron; who was so wrapped up in capitalist greed that he didn't care if you died to defend it.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

The US very easily could have won... The Politicians lost.

so short answer... yeah we took a big ass L

Avatar image for adm1ralsnackbar
Adm1ralSnackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By AbstractRaze
@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

Loading Video...

1. The US did a horrible job at fighting a counter insurgency war in Vietnam and did not learn from the ONLY successful counter insurgency war in the last or this century (that being the British in Malaysia in the 1950s).

2. The South Vietnamese were screwed up and down. They had the Vietcong coming and forcing their young men to fight for them, and yes, they had us inciting some of them to fight for them; however the idea that we what we were doing was the primary reason for Vietcong recruitment is nonsense.

3. The Vietcong were no where near our primary adversary. Now they were an important component in the North's over all plan but overall they weren't a terribly effective force. Just take the example this guy gives (I've seen this interview before btw) that Vietcong only inflicted 7.5% casualties (casualties include anything from a small piece of shrapnel in someone's foot to a KIA). The real enemy that we were facing and dealing with were People's Army of Vietnam otherwise known as the NVA, and they were sharp as knives.

4. The reality is, were it not for the presence of China and the Soviet Union (though without them we wouldn't have been in Vietnam anyway) we could have rolled up Vietnam in the matter of a month or three. We weren't France and we never committed more than a little less than 30% of our military ground and air forces (we committed practically zero Naval artillery forces which would have been devastating to their coast lines and coastal cities) to Vietnam at the HEIGHT of the conflict. Pacifying the north of the country would be another job. Sort of the same job we're having in Afghanistan, but Vietnam is no Afghanistan.

You opened my sight a lot, especially when highlighting the NVA as the real threat instead of the sneaky Vietcong divisions, very interesting.

I don't want to make a contest between Soviet and American equipment, but is that true that the AK-47 did a far better job than the M16? especially in wet and marshy environments, everyone knows that the M16 is more accurate, but was it really that necessary in a jungle?

Do you think that the American terrain equipment wasn't well suited for the environment? what are your evaluations or your analysis as a honorable veteran?

PS:

What about the Soviet-Afghan War in 1979, was it the opposite?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:
@abstractraze said:

Loading Video...

You opened my sight a lot, especially when highlighting the NVA as the real threat instead of the sneaky Vietcong divisions, very interesting.

I don't want to make a contest between Soviet and American equipment, but is that true that the AK-47 did a far better job than the M16? especially in wet and marshy environments, everyone knows that the M16 is more accurate, but was it really that necessary in a jungle?

Do you think that the American terrain equipment wasn't well suited for the environment? what are your evaluations or your analysis as a honorable veteran?

PS:

What about the Soviet-Afghan War in 1979, was it the opposite?

I've never fought in the jungle (trained a little in it but never actually fought) so I'm going by some knowledge and some hand me down from Vietnam vets and gun enthusiasts information.

This is what I know from experience: While the M-16 (and it's variants) are definitely more accurate than the AK variants (especially at greater distances, though the AKs can literally shoot farther I think, they don't shoot farther nearly as accurately) as I've noticed this really only matters to the relatively small number of people who can shoot really well under combat conditions (it's a lot harder than one might think). I've known a lot of people who think that because they qualify well (that is to say shooting at paper or pop up targets) that they will be able to shoot this well while being shot at. I could go into all the reasons why this isn't the case but rest assured this isn't the case. Most "accurate" gun fighting is done from around 30-50 meters. Much past that range everyone is pretty much "spraying and praying"...shooting in the general direction of the enemy and hoping to hit them. So, which weapon is more accurate doesn't (and probably wouldn't in Vietnam) make all that much difference as far as accuracy goes.

Now. The AK shoots a larger, slower round which tends to tumble in the body and cause more tissue damage and could cause severe damage and limb loss (certainly death too, but a lot of survivable but trauma inducing damage as well) and that can be a bad thing, but the hyper velocity round that the M-16 variants were very lethal. So that's sort of six of one half dozen of the other.

One thing I can tell you that is for SURE better about the AK than the M-16 is that it's a very simple, reliable weapon, whereas you need to keep the M-16 you gotta keep that thing clean and lubricated. I know in the desert I cleaned my weapon as much as four times a day (some guys didn't only once but I didn't like them covering me). I can only assume it would be similar in the jungle with all the mud, twigs, leaves, and other gunk a jungle could decide to jam up into your bolt, receiver, chamber, barrel, buffer spring or any one of the other moving parts. It'll drive nails if you know what you're doing with it though.

I wasn't in the environment of Vietnam and I don't know all that much about the mechanized "life" over there but I know we used a lot of 113 style APCs which are usually pretty easy to maintain, and are moderately amphibious (though i wouldn't want to be in one when the theory is tested), but their armor is HORRIBLE. We used the M-48 (I think that's the number) Patton tank though I know virtually nothing about them, and the Marines used an AMTRAC amphibious armored vehicle that was a good platform and was in use until the early 80s. Again though, if the terrain had allowed for us to be in a mechanized war we'd have won pretty easily. It was the ability of the enemy to use the terrain and deny us the ability to use our most advantageous assets that let them do so well.

I'll try to sum up the Soviet Afgan war in as few words as I can.

The Soviets had it way worse off than we did in a few ways.

The Soviets doctrine left them in a very bad situation when fighting the Mujahadeen. A Commander gets their orders from a higher element and the commander follows that operations order and does not deviate from it, period. If the enemy does something unexpected? The operation order from above him should have anticipated that and THAT poor dumb SOB will get in trouble for it, not that cammander following orders. Problem with that is that the Mujahadeen excelled at doing things that the Soviets didn't expect.

Afghanistan is some of the worst country in the world for tank fighting and the Soviets were very much geared toward tank warfare.

As far as small arms, both sides used pretty much the same weapons and ammunition it's just that the Soviets had an inexhaustible supply of them (plus food, communications, and medicine) the Afghani's didn't, but what they did have was EVERY single one of them hated the Russians and wanted them dead or gone. Most of them thought it was their Holy Mission From GOD to see them dead or gone. It wasn't like Vietnam were only half the country was fighting them, it was very nearly all of them.

The only truly effective countermeasures to the Mujahadeen raids (they were everywhere, even though they usually couldn't do much major damage at first) were the Russian Sptsnaz Special Forces and the Russian's helicopters, especially the feared Hind series of helicopter gunships, both of which did serious harm to Afghani forces. There is a quote by an Afghani freedom fighter. "We do not fear the Russian, but we do fear his helicopters."

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I always love reading your posts, brotha man. Very well-written and insightful.

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, they did, didn't they?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I always love reading your posts, brotha man. Very well-written and insightful.

I'm very glad you like then bro.

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No we did not lose the war

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cus they're in the trees

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They obviously did lose the war

Official_Chad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, shit. Those commies fought like cowards, not wearing uniforms. Also, the (((elites))) or the Babylonians that had brother fightings agaisnt their own kinds in WW2 stabbed America in the Backform sure. There was no way the US could have lost to Vietnam unless the high command wanted to give it to the red scums.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Cable_Extreme

We weren’t defeated, we just pulled out because the war was with rebellious citizens that were impossible to identify and distinguish from the general population. We aren’t a dictatorship that would kill everyone so our only choice was to say “$&@“ you guys, I’m going home”.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: We weren’t defeated, we just pulled out because the war was with rebellious citizens that were impossible to identify and distinguish from the general population. We aren’t a dictatorship that would kill everyone so our only choice was to say “$&@“ you guys, I’m going home”.

Of course, in the case of an occupation, the resistance doesn't wear uniforms, apart for the occasional armband or hat if they ever fight on an open battlefield, in an actual battle.

Yes, the US lost the Vetnam war on the home front, but what they lost was more than their goals in it: It was the world's perception that they were the "white hats", even though they've committed atrocities before (like every army).

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers