DBZ causes body image disorders

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I don't entirely agree with him, but he does have some good points. Especially about Synthol. Folks who use that have to have some kind of disorder.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You could say that about any comic book/movie/TV show

Dudes are ripped in all media deal with it

It's also the same women wise

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonez_

Body disorders?

I'm much more worried about the mental disorders that come along with being a fan of DBZ.

Cruel_Cosmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cruel_Cosmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted to look like Goku when I was little, still do.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who wants to look like Goku when you can look like Krillin?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jonez_: Freaking true man. Have you seen the chicks Krillin has pulled?

Bruce246

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here I come Mickey D's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

& how does this make the ladies feel?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegan Gains lol...

Anyway, I think it's a load of crap. Yes I've always wanted to look like Goku and Vegeta, ever since I was a small boy. But I realize that it's a cartoon/anime and that these characters are not real. And their physiques are not realistic or even attainable. I am perfectly comfortable with my body and would never intentionally hurt it or take a stupid shortcut by using steroids or synthol. Using either is very dangerous. Yet I still train and gather motivation and inspiration from these characters in a natural and positive way.

I do agree with his point of how only barbies and girls are thought about when it comes to this. And it's true, boys and men are never thought of. But barbies or action figures, it doesn't matter. It's the parent's responsibility to separate reality from fantasy. If a child ends up with a body image problem or disorder. Then that is entirely the parent's fault.

Just because there's a few people with body image disorders due to a cartoon or toy, does not mean they should be changed and censored. An artist or designer SHOULD NOT have to pander to anyone. These are works of fiction and imagination. When you realize this, then there is no problem. Deal with it.

Kibo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: however, if you happen to end up with the same body as broly, it'd been worth it

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that the guy who said that people who eat meat don't deserve to live?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jonez_ said:

Body disorders?

I'm much more worried about the mental disorders that come along with being a fan of DBZ.

Ayyy LMAO.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lejon: Agreed. It's still something cool to strive for, so long as folks know their limits. I'm never gonna have a six pack, but I've been getting more muscular lately.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:

Body disorders?

This lols.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vegan Gains

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#21  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Vegan Gains does have some good points here, but there's a little more to this...

The Media will sale you anything that is tied to what's popular, like supplements for muscle gain and all sorts of exercise equipment, because it's 'profitable competitive market' and the vast majority will get "that one thing or do that one thing" that'll make them happy, and they know it. It's just how that it is, so it's business. He has a point about the media focusing on women; there's a bigger market for women that's catered to them than it is for men, and they have a variety of things for them that'll make them happy which is why you see them with expensive bags, nice clothing, cooking equipment, doing cardio and yoga, and look like super models. The reason the media as of late have barbie dolls and video game female characters look like average women, and have average looking women do cool super heroine poses is because of current feminism, and that if you don't do as they say then your a sexist, racist, problematic and that they have to point it all out!

Men do have a lots of things for them too like materials, sports, and careers, but there are other area's that most people don't talk about like men's mental health, emotional health, physical abuse etc. It's stressed that men can handle it so they need to men up, but men are humans too and they needs help just as women, but won't come forward due to personal pride, embarrassment from others, ego or some form of narcissism, doesn't want to expose any sign of weakness, etc. It's awesome that these body builders do what they do and was inspired by their heroes when they were young, but I think their motivation has change as time went on, and for some not so great. In my opinion, I think some of them do it because it's addicting, and eating 7 meals a day and pumping on steroids isn't really that healthy life for you. The one's who inject those chemicals on their arms just to have those fake muscles isn't healthy for you either, but rather than take the time to invest into workout, eating right and nourishment and building that inner confidence, you desperately instead take the instant gratification route and now look deformed and will die sooner than later for whatever reasons known to them.

Dragon Ball Z is brought up because that's the show that is currently popular and what inspires fans to do what they what to do. But even before DBZ we had action movie heroes like Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Steven Seagal, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Hulk Hogan and so many others that were big musclier guys that were karate kicking peoples ass, shooting guns and have buildings explosions, doing cool and hardcore awesome stuff that most people wish they could do. Most DBZ cast that are musclier is because their fighters and have to train, workout and maintain that physical body do that they can preform movements and fight better and train again if another stronger enemy comes by, it's just a way to show how they need to get stronger. In a sense, there kinda like super heroes, so it's a power fantasy, they have powers and abilities that far exceeds human capabilities. Vegan Gains only see's the awesome musclier body as they do cool stuff but it's only a small part of a the bigger whole, because anime characters are not bond by the law of physiology so it's all exaggerated and meant to like awesome. Even characters like Monkey D Luffy, Ichigo Kurosaki, Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, and Tenchi Masaki don't look physically fit like Goku.

As a side note it's true that women don't like Big Body Builders because it's like weird to them and intimidating. Having a body like in CrossFit or a swimmers body is good enough because in ancient times men had to be hunters, gatherers, fighters, and have to run away if there's danger. That's pretty much what Goku is in my honest opinion. He didn't like the idea of having a bulky body when he was training to fight against Cell. Having a bulky body that's massive and pumping steroids won't help you when your being chased by a huge hungry dinosaur.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The worst thing about feminist ideology is that it tells people they are not responsible for their own decisions, actions and education.

Complaining about Barbies and DBZ is little better than saying violent video games turn people into psychos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Exactly. People just want to blame something that has nothing to do with it, instead of owning up for their problems or mistakes. Their responsibilities.

They want no accountability.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Think it causes other disorders :) Since the overly-buff body type is pretty much the standard of nearly every cartoon that features a hero who relies on strength, so perhaps not so much DBZ but the genre as a whole.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathandGrim

Nearly every fictional male is mad buff or super wiry. It's a part of the artist's imagination it doesn't need a filter to conserve the consumer's feelings. Any person who honestly develops body image problems based on fiction is looking way too hard into it