• 95 results
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

Hello. Pretty sure nothing like this has been done before, and it might be a failure, in which I can either lock this or delete it out of shame, shame!

Okay, so my idea for this thread is that there are a lot of great movies out there, that I want to talk about and I am sure a lot of you might feel the same way about certain movies. Often in PM I give and get recommendations, and just talking about interpretations or parts of movies that seem under appreciated, or finding a new original movie that becomes a favorite. These days its actually pretty easy to access movies as well, so was thinking that as a small group, for those that want to participate, we could nominate a movie for the week, have a week to find or track down said movie, and then have conversations about that movie. Someone new offers a new movie for discussion, we have a week to watch that suggestion, we post about it and so on. I myself am curious to see what cool movies get nominated and recommending as well, as well as just talking about movies.

I can even edit in the weeks nomination, into the title. If people want to make any other suggestions, feel free to. I was thinking of limiting talk to movies that are available on DVD or on legal online websites/services as opposed to brand new cinema movies, and preferably movies that are a bit less popular. So say The Babadook and What We Do in the Shadows as opposed to The Avengers and Tranformers. Not to be hipster, more so a lot of us can watch new stuff and the relative few who have seen the movie can have more people to talk to them about. Oh and you don't have to be positive about any of the movies, just try not get into fights with people. Older movies are okay too, just try and aim for movies that most people should be able to view somehow.

Was thinking about making the very first movie The Babadook, because I recommended it to three people this week alone and one of those people has already seen it. Its also a good movie for general discussion, talking about horror, fan theories, junk like that. Oh plus Halloween. So if you want to participate in this idea, you have a week to watch the movie, or if you have already seen it, can start talking about it, maybe use spoiler functions if you want to get deep into things. Also if you want to nominate a movie for next week, feel free to. If one movie gets mentioned a lot we can do that one, or we can have a system where the last person to pick a movie, picks a new person's choice, that person picks a new person, so on. In a few days I'll probably write some long junk about why I liked and picked this movie as well.

Thanks.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

K

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

I heard a lot of good reviews of Babadook, so I decided to check it out even though I'm not much of a horror fan. I was disappointed, but again, I'm not a horror fan, so bear that in mind.

I liked some things about it. I though the mother and child were both engaging characters. I loved the scenes where the book was being read, and that's about it.

I find the unexplained scary, so the setup for this movie was pretty engaging, but the problem with being scared by the unknown is that in a movie format, the movie either has to explain things by the end of the movie thereby removing a lot of the horror or leave it unexplained which makes it an unsatisfying narrative experience. Babadook erred on the side of leaving things unexplained, and it was unsatisfying. I know there are many fan theories one of which is the generally accepted explanation, but I think having to go to forums to understand a movie is a sign of poor storytelling.

I have some other complaints as well. The scene where she dreamed she saw the Babadook was both lame because of the bad animation and a waste of time since it was a dream. I could list more, but I'm tired of talking about it.

Didn't work for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I wasn't feeling Babadook all that much. Perhaps my initial expectations of the film were too high considering that I had read numerous reviews in which the film was lauded for the theme that it conveyed, but I didn't believe that all of the praise surrounding the film equated to actual film itself after viewing it. It's by no means a horrible movie, but I didn't find it outstanding.

I'd give it around a 3/5 stars.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc Not a bad idea at all. I have the movie on my que, though if i can get to it in time for this thread is questionable. I'm looking forward to this concept on a whole at any rate.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great idea! I think this would give Viner's an opportunity to interact in a more "personalized" manner. It giives it a "couch conversation" feel among friends. And for that, I would definitely watch Babadook.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Asgaard

@batwatch:

I have to disagree, the The Babadook execution and storytelling never put the "supernatural" element above the psychology of Amelia and her buried emotions, from my perspective the viewer had enough elements to understand that Amelia wrote the Babadook and it a was a manifestations of her pain and suffer accumulation that disturbed her "balance", i saw in the worms a sign of her weaknesses that will never disappear (like in the traditional horror movies that are constructed only with "supernatural" elements and don't give any importance to the characters), always will be a part of her, that apparently she can control better now!

Since i m not a fan of Horror, i thought the movie was actually good and fresh for the genre!

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Much better then It follows.

^-^

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc

Hello. Pretty sure nothing like this has been done before, and it might be a failure, in which I can either lock this or DELETE IT OUT OF SHAME, SHAME!

Why do you get to delete threads and not us!?!?!?!?

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luna_joestar: I wouldn't really say it was much better than It Follows. It Follows was still a pretty well made movie but The Babadook is still clearly the superior flick.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if I'd participate because 1) I'm busy-ish, 2) I procrastinate, and 3) I'm actually still working through my own movie list. Someone like me would probably monitor the thread and only participate when I spotted a movie I already watched. That being said, I actually love the idea. It seems like the only times people get to discuss things like this is when they're unintentionally derailing another thread.

On topic, I really enjoyed The Babadook. It's been a while since I watched it so I'm fuzzy on the details, but overall it was one of the better horror movies I've seen. Serial killers, aliens, and cryptids don't really do it for me. I always need something with a more psychological or paranormal feel (not a nod to Paranormal Activity, even though it's probably my favorite horror franchise). The small cast, good use of sound effects, and of course the book, were tied together really well. I think it did a great job of tapping into that fear of the unknown/unseen that nearly everyone has. The only real downside was it's somewhat weak ending, something that I've been noticing more in relatively recent horror films (e.g. Lazarus Effect, The Houses October Built, Mama, etc.).

@asgaard: As many times as I've thought about the movie, I've never considered that Amelia could be the author all along. Thanks for that. I also considered whether or not the Babadook was possibly Sam's Dad (I can't remember how I came up with that one).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@batwatch:

I have to disagree, the The Babadook execution and storytelling never put the "supernatural" element above the psychology of Amelia and her buried emotions, from my perspective the viewer had enough elements to understand that Amelia wrote the Babadook and it a was a manifestations of her pain and suffer accumulation that disturbed her "balance", i saw in the worms a sign of her weaknesses that will never disappear (like in the traditional horror movies that are constructed only with "supernatural" elements and don't give any importance to the characters), always will be a part of her, that apparently she can control better now!

Since i m not a fan of Horror, i thought the movie was actually good and fresh for the genre!

I supernatural element may not have overshadowed the psychological aspect of the movie, but the supernatural element was still integral to the film, and I don't feel that it played out well. I do understand what they were doing by interlocking the grief and resentment of the mother with the manifestation of the Babadook, but they never explained what created the Babadook. Can anyone with great resentment summon up mystical beasts to slay their children for them? If it were all in her head, that would be one thing, but it has a very real physical representation that had no explanation other than "grieving woman makes crazy monster."

Other questions also bug me. Was the spirit possessing her? If so, why did it need to literally possess her when it could apparently was in control of her from the beginning? Is she supposed to be possessed for the whole movie? If so, why does she get worse over time? Why is the spirit expelled from her and why does it then attack them only to stop when the lady says something? Why does the Babadook stick around?

I've read the answers to these questions in other places, and the explanations are largely answered in relation to the metaphoical level of the film. For instance, the Babadook is represents her grief and it is still present at the end of the film because she will never be free from her grief even though she can get it under control. This makes sense on a metaphorical level, but it doesn't make sense on a, "This is a literal evil spiritual representation that is menacing them," level. I think the film really needed to make perfect sense on a metaphorical and practical level to work, and I don't feel the movie did that.

I think the concept of the movie is good, and I think maybe a few alterations could have made it work really well, but it was too abstract at the end for my taste.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it, it was like a Poe story with a Lovecraft monster in it.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like an interesting film, reception for it was great too. I'll check it out.

This is a nice thread too, hope it takes off.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Asgaard

@batwatch:

I supernatural element may not have overshadowed the psychological aspect of the movie, but the supernatural element was still integral to the film, and I don't feel that it played out well. I do understand what they were doing by interlocking the grief and resentment of the mother with the manifestation of the Babadook, but they never explained what created the Babadook. Can anyone with great resentment summon up mystical beasts to slay their children for them? If it were all in her head, that would be one thing, but it has a very real physical representation that had no explanation other than "grieving woman makes crazy monster."

I watched the movie one year ago, so i don't remember that well from the details, but don't you think Sam/Amelia relation was too much one-sided? Amelia didn't have her own life, the Babadook was the opposite of who Amelia really is/was, and her subconscious response to her son constant constriction, plus there is the tragedy (and key point) involving Sam and his father death, the Babadook was her own creation as opposite and contradiction with the "normal" kids books tone that Sam loved!

Other questions also bug me. Was the spirit possessing her? If so, why did it need to literally possess her when it could apparently was in control of her from the beginning? Is she supposed to be possessed for the whole movie? If so, why does she get worse over time? Why is the spirit expelled from her and why does it then attack them only to stop when the lady says something? Why does the Babadook stick around?

The people that she interact with were not supportive, (she also was suffering from sexual frustration), the Babadook manifestation starts to be noticed after some event with Sam in the basement, first she is only aggressive to others like in that birthday party, but the Babadook with time breaks her and she loses control. Again in her subconscious she blames her son for the death of her husband, but finally she puts her mother role above that, but that traumatic event will always be around!

I've read the answers to these questions in other places, and the explanations are largely answered in relation to the metaphoical level of the film. For instance, the Babadook is represents her grief and it is still present at the end of the film because she will never be free from her grief even though she can get it under control. This makes sense on a metaphorical level, but it doesn't make sense on a, "This is a literal evil spiritual representation that is menacing them," level. I think the film really needed to make perfect sense on a metaphorical and practical level to work, and I don't feel the movie did that.

But the plot (clearly) demonstrated that the hole in the wall was only in her mind, right? So we can make other assumptions!

@indomitableregal:

Sam's Dad (and his fate), obviously were a key factor for the "birth" of the Babadook in Amelia's subconscious, but i think the Babadook is a mix of several factors/events of Amelia's life! Probably if she express externally her pain and had sex with her coworker the Babadook wouldn't be written, but instead she didn't even talk about her husband!

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

"I watched the movie one year ago, so i don't remember that well from the details, but don't you think Sam/Amelia relation was too much one-sided? Amelia didn't have her own life, the Babadook was the opposite of who Amelia really is/was, and her subconscious response to her son constant constriction, plus there is the tragedy (and key point) involving Sam and his father death, the Babadook was her own creation as opposite and contradiction with the "normal" kids books tone that Sam loved!"

All interesting and well crafted character work, but it doesn't explain anything about how a literal monster was manifested through her pain and social ostracism. Are we supposed to believe the subconscious can create literal monsters? I suppose we must for the sake of the story, but there was no part where the story itself addressed it. We, as an audience trying to piece together the story, have to stitch together explanations outside the movie.

"The people that she interact with were not supportive, (she also was suffering from sexual frustration), the Babadook manifestation starts to be noticed after some event with Sam in the basement, first she is only aggressive to others like in that birthday party, but the Babadook with time breaks her and she loses control."

Maybe, or perhaps she was controlled by the Babadook the whole time until her son broke the spell with the power of love. Perhaps the Babadook could not do anything but could only oppress the mother and wanted to drive the mother to the state where she would choose to kill her child. Perhaps the spirit of the Babadook was the spirit of the Father trying to return to an Earthly realm. Perhaps he too blamed the son and wanted to kill the child as revenge and return to the presence of the wife.

You could make a case for any of these. It's too ambiguous for my tastes.

"Again in her subconscious she blames her son for the death of her husband, but finally she puts her mother role above that, but that traumatic event will always be around!"

Again, this works fine in a metaphorical sense but not in a literal sense. Can anybody with strong emotions create demonic manifestations that copy their subconscious? Is she special? If so, why? Did something happen to her to give her this gift/curse? All unexplained.

"But the plot (clearly) demonstrated that the hole in the wall was only in her mind, right? So we can make other assumptions!"

I don't remember a hole in the wall. What do you mean?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sc: I heard good things about the film. Its on my to do watch list.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch:

All interesting and well crafted character work, but it doesn't explain anything about how a literal monster was manifested through her pain and social ostracism. Are we supposed to believe the subconscious can create literal monsters? I suppose we must for the sake of the story, but there was no part where the story itself addressed it. We, as an audience trying to piece together the story, have to stitch together explanations outside the movie.

Yes, and lovely creatures like "Inside Out" Bing Bong too, depends on your life experience and what kind of events you were exposed!

Maybe, or perhaps she was controlled by the Babadook the whole time until her son broke the spell with the power of love. Perhaps the Babadook could not do anything but could only oppress the mother and wanted to drive the mother to the state where she would choose to kill her child. Perhaps the spirit of the Babadook was the spirit of the Father trying to return to an Earthly realm. Perhaps he too blamed the son and wanted to kill the child as revenge and return to the presence of the wife.

I think the psychological element overshadowed the supernatural element, but the mix of both and the possibility of several interpretations are Pros: and not Cons: against this movie.

Again, this works fine in a metaphorical sense but not in a literal sense. Can anybody with strong emotions create demonic manifestations that copy their subconscious? Is she special? If so, why? Did something happen to her to give her this gift/curse? All unexplained.

Are you acknowledging the fact that she used to write children's books, and like i said previously the Babadook is the reverse of that?

I don't remember a hole in the wall. What do you mean?

Behind the fridge, was only there in her head, there was nothing there for the social security team that went to her house.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22 JediXMan  Moderator

People have recommended this movie to me. I might give it a look.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

People have recommended this movie to me. I might give it a look.

It's really good, it's scary (i mean actually scary, not like that Paranormal Activity crap).

dosage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily the best horror film in modern times.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure if I'd participate because 1) I'm busy-ish, 2) I procrastinate, and 3) I'm actually still working through my own movie list. Someone like me would probably monitor the thread and only participate when I spotted a movie I already watched. That being said, I actually love the idea. It seems like the only times people get to discuss things like this is when they're unintentionally derailing another thread.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great idea, I'll have to get to watching The Babadook, but in the daytime cus I'm a scaredy pants

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Much better then It follows.

^-^

It follows was very weird, it creeped me out when I was watching it hahah.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IndomitableRegal
@quinnofthestoneage said:

This is a great idea, I'll have to get to watching The Babadook, but in the daytime cus I'm a scaredy pants

Lol. I have to watch scary movies at night or I feel like it defeats the purpose. The only thing is half the time I end up watching it on "non-official sources" (...allegedly) so I'm at my computer in my room, which because of its position, makes me sit with my back to my room door. So it's night, I'm home alone, my lights are off, I'm sitting about 2 ft. from my computer, and I'm facing away from my bedroom door and the door to my apartment. Yeah, I'm normally a bit freaked out before I even start lol.

@darkdefender It's on Netflix if you have it.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lagoon_boy

Finally saw it and:

From a purely horror/thriller perspective, I would say it is definitely one of the better ones made recently. But as soon as the Babadook possessed Amelia, the whole movie lost it's "scare" specially when Samuel started to fight back, there were moments that were almost even comical. I would have preferred if they kept the Babadook hidden and as a presence until the climax and fought it as a monster and not as Ameila being possessed by the monster. But I do understand however, that the Babadook is simply grief in physical form and not really a supernatural entity. So if we go by that, and watch it with that mentality, then it is definitely a movie worth watching.

Edit: Also, the audio and sound effects from the movie were spot on. The best from any other modern horror flicks I can recall. 5/5 for audio.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the Babadook a lot, one of the best horror films I've seen in a very long time. Mostly because these days you get the generic gore fest minus plot or the paranormal activity approach.

The creature I especially found terrifying, mostly because of the way it moved more than the way it looked (the face looked a little silly, Mighty Boosh esque) as it somehow reminded me of the first Alien film...interesting original idea I guess.

It also had a good twist which I didn't see coming tbh, well not for a while anyway. The mix of supernatural fear and disturbing reality was brilliantly done, and the use of the book was actually kind of scary too.

It did have its problems, as I said I didn't like the face of the babadook and there were a few silly moments I feel could have been done better but overall I thought it was a very good film and refreshing to the genre. I'd probably give it 8/10.

To this day I shiver whenever I hear "Ba-babadook dook dook"

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagoonboy2: I agree and it was definitely more disturbing to start with, but it did make for a more interesting horror film and left you with something to think about. Not something you can say for the typical monster movie.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Babadook looks scary, I'm gonna try to give it a watch.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhamwallet: The movie definitely killed two birds with one stone. In fact, it's as if the movie's genre shifted as it came to an end. Like you said, it really does leave you something to talk about. Also, the way the book introduced the Babadook and the dark but yet simple rhymes undoubtedly got to me.

It's movements were also unique and just plain scary. Claymation esque nastiness.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I loved The Babadook.

As soon as I saw it, it became my new favourite Australian film.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

It was decent, not spectacular. I mean it was decently acted, but nothing special. Decent story, but nothing special. Decent characters, but, again, nothing special. I DID think that the directing and the special effects were FANTASTIC, and the mother was a GREAT actress. But god DAMN was that little kid annoying. Look, I DON'T hate child actors, (Daeg Faerch is not only my favorite child actors legit one of my favorite actors in general) but this kid was just...URGHHHH. >:(.

I'd give the movie a B. Good, but there have been FAR better horror movies released in the 2010s.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie didn't really do anything for me, I also don't really buy the whole babadook being the embodiment of Amelia's grief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SC  Moderator

So my experience with this movie seems a bit different than a lot of others, I was fortunate in that I was aware of this movie quite early and saw it after a friend told me about it and how its a modern horror with no jump scares. So when I saw it, it had no hype, and I had no knowledge of what it was about. I think it works better that way. That being said, even with hype overlapped, I think I would still personally, like it as much.

See I am a fan of horror as a genre, its ability to help us as people, tap into deep, taboo, frightening, horrific ideas, situations, in a more digestible and second hand way. I don't mind jump scares, I don't mind gore, I don't mind body horror or body deformities, I don't mind violence, but I feel like the horror movie genre has relied on these things too much in recent years. Not against those things, but for me, they don't really make for good horror. I prefer stories that use atmosphere, and tone, and setting, and have us tap into and care for characters and their situations. Horror that taps into psychological fears, superstition, supernatural too as well. A lot of popular horror movies, even ones I have appreciated have always felt a bit too much like either action movies, or comedies, or shock movies.

The Babadook for me, therefore felt really refreshing. Eery, slow, deliberate, I mean one of the parts I thought was the scariest, happened during the day! To me thats a good sign, also, what sort of taboo idea does The Babadook tap into? Well for me, the way I interpreted it on my first viewing, was that it was a movie about grief and the burden of raising a child. The guilt, anxiety and just mental burden and toll that is involved, and not with all children, just some children. Some children as Scrooge like as it feels to say, are really annoying. Not even really their fault, body chemistry, emotional, mental and emotional immaturity thats completely natural for people that age. I mean movies often portray kids, as innocent, friendly, angels, but they are angry, hostile, shouting, little people, with no patience, tolerance, etc etc but you know, as a parent in spite of that, you still love, adore, want to protect and look after your kid. So I interpreted this movie as the struggle of being a solo parent, which is something I have a familiarity with. Though with the movie, they made it really hard for the mother, losing the love of her life and having an especially emotional/hostile child.

So much so she basically had a nervous/mental break down, and that manifested itself as the Babadook. I don't mean it physically manifested itself, I think the creature was all in her mind, and that she was the one that made the Babadook book, eventually her sons love broke through, she acknowledged her pain, her dark side, her anxiety, her (minor) desire to kill her annoying son, her anger that she lost her husband, and all that. Hence the somewhat odd ending, which to me was her realizing and acknowledging the stress she was under, her fallings, her anger, and guilt, resentment and so getting a better grasp of the situation. You can't ignore or reject mental health issues, you have to address them and get treatment. She has an imaginative son her will also help her as well. Hence why he seems involved in that part as well (looking after her dark monster side which is kept in the attic/basement wherever) just like the line where the Babadook says something about if you try to ignore him, he just gets stronger. Also why she doesn't actually show the Babadook book to the police, and or only waits to go to after she burned it, I mean… if the book kept reappearing, why not just take it to them then… except I believe on some level she always knew what the Babadook was and that would have just implicated her.

So yeah, I enjoyed the movie, it felt refreshing to me, I don't watch a lot of horror movies, but I liked this one. It made me think, it had me unsettled and disturbed at parts, cared for the mother and her son, despite their flaws. That being said if the Babadook was some sort of supernatural type bizarre threat, haunting them, eh, I would have enjoyed that as well, it definitely had a freaky and cool design/idea/voice.

My apologies to those who might not have enjoyed the movie per my recommendation, hopefully a nomination by someone else might be more your liking and remember you can nominate movies too!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SC  Moderator

@lagoonboy2 said:

This is a great idea! I think this would give Viner's an opportunity to interact in a more "personalized" manner. It giives it a "couch conversation" feel among friends. And for that, I would definitely watch Babadook.

Thank you, thats exactly the kind of tone I hope we go with this, couch conversations heh heh. Hope you enjoy it!

The movie didn't really do anything for me, I also don't really buy the whole babadook being the embodiment of Amelia's grief

My bad, hope you stick around though and another movie might be more interesting!

@racob7 said:

Loved it, it was like a Poe story with a Lovecraft monster in it.

Wow, thats a really awesome description of it, nice!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SC  Moderator

@laflux said:

@sc: I heard good things about the film. Its on my to do watch list.

Hope you enjoy it as much as me!

I loved The Babadook.

As soon as I saw it, it became my new favourite Australian film.

Second for me, nothing could ever beat Kath & Kim for me! Heh heh.

@sc

Hello. Pretty sure nothing like this has been done before, and it might be a failure, in which I can either lock this or DELETE IT OUT OF SHAME, SHAME!

Why do you get to delete threads and not us!?!?!?!?

Only moderators can know the true shame necessary and required for the shameful act of thread deletion. Our potential for shame is maximum, our shame is our greatest curse, our heaviest burden and our strongest… strength, uh.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: As for the movie, I did! Can't wait for the next choices!

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Oh I will ^-^

Looking forward to next weeks film

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SC  Moderator

Whilst I would be happy to share more personal recommendations of lesser known movies, I think it would be more interesting for everyone, to let others have a chance for nominations, so if anyone has an interesting movie they think would make good for conversation, or just watching, well feel free to throw nominations out there, or quote nominations you agree with.

If no one does after a few days… I can always pick a new movie too, alternatively. That works too, hope y'all having a great week, but if you're not having a good week, we could always try and unlock the secrets of time travel and reverse time to avoid the week, or speed it up to bypass the week, or… go back in time and invent things before they were actually invented, get patents and get rich. Things like the sandwich and Liger.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about Submarine, my favourite film