Cryptozoologic Thread

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Two headed animals and such are more of a birth defect then an unexplained creature. But I get what your saying. Their (scientists) are always finding animals, insects, fish, etc etc that they believed died off 100's of years ago.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Like the Coelacanth for example. They thought that it had died during the Cretaceous Period. But was found again in the late 30's :)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By The_Ghostshell

hahah exactly :P

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Im smart :D Does teh cabbage patch

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#206  Edited By lady_redhead
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#207  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#208  Edited By Zora Arrow

Why did the put the tortoise and teh baby hippo on there...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Zora Arrow said:
"Why did the put the tortoise and teh baby hippo on there..."
I assume because it was incredibly cute.
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

Well I will have to agree there. It was cute in a strange scaley kinda way

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Desilation

awesome webpage

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Desilation

OK i want to discuss this i saw on monsterquest about this canine creature who is hairless and has long front fangs scientists say this could be the chupacabra

chupacabra head
chupacabra head
the discovered dead body of the chupacabra
discovered body
discovered body
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I've stated this before. The evidence was sent off. What was thought to be a Chupacabra was really a wolf/coyote hybrid with mange. Nothing more nothing less. And it has been discovered that the natural decomposition of a body can lead to what most will say is "Chupacabra" related deaths.

Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Desilation
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"I've stated this before. The evidence was sent off. What was thought to be a Chupacabra was really a wolf/coyote hybrid with mange. Nothing more nothing less. And it has been discovered that the natural decomposition of a body can lead to what most will say is "Chupacabra" related deaths."

so thats why the there was no blood found anywhere or in the bodies?
The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By The Rider

I love this thread.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Desilation said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"I've stated this before. The evidence was sent off. What was thought to be a Chupacabra was really a wolf/coyote hybrid with mange. Nothing more nothing less. And it has been discovered that the natural decomposition of a body can lead to what most will say is "Chupacabra" related deaths."

so thats why the there was no blood found anywhere or in the bodies?"

In some cases yes. In others its unexplained.

BTW for you DT nuts. It comes on tonight at ten. after a new episode of Ghost Hunters
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Desilation
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Desilation said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

BTW for you DT nuts. It comes on tonight at ten. after a new episode of Ghost Hunters"
for some reason it was said differently in monsterquest
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

OMG THATS ON!

The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By The Rider
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"OMG THATS ON!"
Huh?  I thought MQ wasn't on til 8.
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Desilation
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"OMG THATS ON!"
theres a new episode at 9:00
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Desilation said:
"OK i want to discuss this i saw on monsterquest about this canine creature who is hairless and has long front fangs scientists say this could be the chupacabra

chupacabra head
chupacabra head
discovered body
discovered body
"
Uh...Wha tha Heck  ?
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

They give like three episodes in a row.. at least on my channel...

KS, thats supposed to be a chupacabra, but its really a wolf/coyote hybrid with mange

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"They give like three episodes in a row.. at least on my channel...

KS, thats supposed to be a chupacabra, but its really a wolf/coyote hybrid with mange"
Oh I See
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Desilation

hey kiara have you heard about a giant catfish in the indies that's eats kids

The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By The Rider

Anyone find anything interesting lately?

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By lionheart

no. i watched that one about the giant bear attacks and was pretty amazed by that hybrid bear

lady_redhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By lady_redhead

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By lionheart
Mistress Redhead said:
"

"
lol
Nailana Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Nailana Lee
lionheart said:
"no. i watched that one about the giant bear attacks and was pretty amazed by that hybrid bear"

I didnt get to watch the episode all the way through. But the only Hybrid I can think of that would cause such interest would be a Grizzly-Polar hybrid. It wasn't known to exist in nature until last year, although it did occur in zoos. The hybrid ere still considered "cryptids" because of the lack of evidence on a wild occuring hybrid.

Also there is one such Animal that could be a hybrid. It is known as Mcfarlane's bear. It proposed now that it could be a Grizzly-polar hybrid because of the coloration of teh fur and the odd shape of its skull. But the theory wont be conclusive until a DNA test is done. The Mcfarlane's bear was found through a skin found among the Inuit in alaska in 1864. That's the only  evidence of a massive bear found, or  of one that could be a hybrid that occured in nature. (before the one discovered last year of course)
lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By lionheart

yea.. how big id they say the bear was?

Nailana Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Nailana Lee

Which one? Mcfarlane's bear? I dont think that was ever told. Its supposed to be bigger then the Polar bear and was thought to be the "patriarchal bear" But of course they thought it was a new species in 1864, and didnt have teh advancement in Ursid DNA as they do today

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By lionheart
Nailana Lee said:
"Which one? Mcfarlane's bear? I dont think that was ever told. Its supposed to be bigger then the Polar bear and was thought to be the "patriarchal bear" But of course they thought it was a new species in 1864, and didnt have teh advancement in Ursid DNA as they do today"
Damnit
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234  Edited By pixelized

Nailana Lee?

Biatch stole my last name
Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan
Stretches slightly as she settles into her usual account

Maybe teh Smithsonian has something on their website about it. I'll check it out in a moment.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
Desilation said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Desilation said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

BTW for you DT nuts. It comes on tonight at ten. after a new episode of Ghost Hunters"
for some reason it was said differently in monsterquest"
monsterquest isn't science
Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Zora Arrow
pixelized said:
"Nailana Lee?
Biatch stole my last name
"
LMFAO! No :P Actually it came from Vampire Hunter D :P

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By pixelized

vampire hunter owes me dinero

Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Zora Arrow

lol Pix, does everyone who has your last name owe you money?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By pixelized

PSh yeah! Jamie LEE curtis

darn...i;m sure there are others

RObert E. LEE
Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Zora Arrow

Robert E. Lee is dead. :P

What about Spike Lee? Stan Lee? Tommy Lee Jones? And the countless billions of others :P

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By mimic12

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Vrakmul

What is the source of the Bloop?  Scientists say it couldn't be mechanical, and it simply couldn't be a whale, the source had to be 6 times larger to make such a loud noise.   Here is the bloop.   It was recorded by the military in 1997.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#244  Edited By Resonate

wut

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By lionheart

hey people anything new out there

The Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By The Rider

I'm checking right now, lol.

lionheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By lionheart

well did you find anything????????

Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lionheart said:
"

well did you find anything????????

"
he probaly didnt found anything but i do

The Yeren of the Hebei province

Deep in the mountains of southern and central China there is said to exist a hairy humanoid creature known as the Yeren. Sightings of the Yeren, or Chinese Wildman, date back more than 2,000 years and are still reported today. Described as being a red haired bipedal animal, rising over six feet tall with a peculiarly fat belly and similarly strange pronounced buttocks, the Yeren bears a striking resemblance to many humans found in modern developed countries.

A popular seventeenth-century account from Hubei province reads:
In the remote mountains of Fangxian County, there are rock caves, in which live hairy men as tall as three meters. They often come down to hunt dogs and chickens in the villages. They fight with whoever resists.

Most of the sightings are in the counties of Badong, Xingshan and Fangxian, and therefore the Yeren are thought by most to originate from Shennongjia Nature Reserve in Yichang, but none have actually been discovered there.. or anywhere else for that matter.

A 1976 encounter witnessed by several local bureaucrats brought the Yeren into the international spotlight for the first time. It is reported that early in the morning of May 14, while on their way home they encountered a “strange, tailless creature with reddish fur” on a rural highway in the Hubei province. The driver pursued the creature with his car, forcing him to scramble up a hill. Roughly halfway up the hill he slipped and came to rest in front of the car, after which the passengers left the vehicle and approached the creature for a closer look.

They described the creature as being over six feet tall, covered in thick brown and purple-red wavy hair, having a fat belly and pronounced buttocks. The eyes were human-like, but the face bearing much more resemblance to that of an ape

Interest in the Yeren had increased and the first official inquiry was launched in 1961, but was inconclusive as the body, (reported as being slain by road workers) was unavailable to inspectors and formally declared to have been a Gibbon. Later, another formal investigation by the Chinese Academy of Sciences put 110 investigators into the forests of Fang county and the Shennongjia area. No sightings were reported but local witnesses were interviewed and alleged Yeren footprints, hair, and feces were collected.

Over the years investigators have collected dozens of alleged Yeren hairs from all around China and through laboratory examination have found that “the wild man is in the middle between bears or apes and human beings.” Physicists at Fudan University, studying samples from all over China, found that the proportion of iron to zinc was 50 times that found in human hair and seven times that in the hair of recognized primates. Other studies of note have concluded that the hair was neither human nor known primate hair but from an unrecognized primate with a morphological affinity to humans, which seems to be congruent with witness descriptions of the creature.
Zhou Guoxing, one of the expedition leaders, believed there seemed to be two types of Yeren: “a larger one of about two meters in height, and a smaller one, about one meter in height.” He also reported two types of footprints: “One is large, 30-40 cm, remarkably similar to that of man, with the four small toes held together and the largest one pointing slightly outwards. The other type is smaller, about 20 cm, and more similar to the footprint of an ape or monkey, with the largest toe evidently pointing outwards.”??Zhou, believes that both living and dead specimens of the smaller Yeren are already in scientists’ hands.

According to this source:
One was killed on May 23, 1957, near the village of Zhuanxian in Zhejiang province. A biology teacher had the presence of mind to preserve the hands and feet. When Zhou learned of this in 1981, he went to the site and collected the specimens. After some considerable study he concluded that they “belonged to a kind of large stump-tailed monkey unknown to science.” Subsequently he identified the animal as a stumptailed macaque. Not long afterwards just such an animal was captured in the Huang Mountain region and taken to the Hefei Zoo. Zhou wrote that this specimen is mainly ground-dwelling…. The body is large, about 70-90 cm in standing height. A tall individual could reach one meter. Its extremities are strongly built. It weighs more than 20 kilograms. A large male could weigh over 33 kilograms, while females would be smaller. The back hair is brown in color. The adult male has whiskers, and has a reddish color on the face.

Anthropologist Frank Poirier of Ohio State University has suggested that many Yeren reports are probably sightings of the rare Golden Monkey, which is believed to inhabit the same region. An ironic anecdote tells us that Poirier himself was once mistaken for a Yeren, after villagers who had never seen a Westerner encountered a near-nude Poirier napping by a river.
Even with all of the reports (some claim over 400 reports in the last 20 years), scientists haven’t definitively proven what the creature is, or even the concrete existence of the Yeren. When theorizing about what the Yeren could be, many zoologists believe the creature is a surviving Gigantopitliccus, a giant bipedal primate believed to have gone extinct roughly 300,000 years ago, and today would share the same habitat.

Another popular theory is that the Yeren are in fact, a small pack of evolved orangutans.
Bipedalism has evolved independently in the ape family at least two times, so it is at least slightly possible that this has happened yet again with an isolated population of orangutans.

However plausible either of these theories may be, isn’t it likely that there’s yet another, less colorful explanation invoked by the ironic tale of Mr. Poirier? To us, the tale of an ape-man so closely resembling our friends and family coupled with the cultural ignorance of the locals greatly increases the chance of the recent sightings being an embarrassing tale of a remote vacation gone wrong.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Dreadnaught said:
"What is the source of the Bloop?  Scientists say it couldn't be mechanical, and it simply couldn't be a whale, the source had to be 6 times larger to make such a loud noise.   Here is the bloop.   It was recorded by the military in 1997.

"
Thats a Bit Strange
khathala messa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers